• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario is single-handedly responsible for a rise in amanita muscaria usage, or the general idea as a kid that maybe I should eat distinctive-looking mushrooms, I might either grow very large, or even be able to die once and come back from the dead.

nah, they lifted that from Alice in Wonder Land.

Yes but among the legions of impressionable children such as myself... Mario counted for a lot more than Alice in Wonderland.

Of course I might be biased, as I was obsessed with Mario as a young kid. I remember in first grade, my favorite shirt was this hot pink tank top with Mario on the front. I tried to do a Mario/Nintendo thing for show & tell, and I got picked on straight through grade school for that.

Back when being into video games was nerdy.

For me it was Sonic, I was a totally in the Sega cult after seeing it at the neighbors house for the first time. I liked Mario too because my Dad was addicted to it for some time, that and Zelda, still have his hand drawn maps of the over world and remember watching him beat both for the first time. He was so good the guys he worked with would ask him for tips. I remember begin really young once and waking up late at night when they had company over. I don't know wtf they were tripping on but I sat in the lap of a lady they had over. She was laughing constantly because her boyfriend was playing Tetris and they were all zoned out on it. I was put to bed quickly when they started to break with reality a bit more than they wanted to around a 4 year old. :)

BTW Mega Man is the superior NES platformer ;)

I had fun yesterday. Dropped L at 9am and spent most of the day having a good trip. Wrote _a lot_ of code for 2 hours and got through some work that had been stumping me since last Thursday. I went outside around 2pm when the sun was out and smoked a bit of DMT near the end of the peak. That was fun, pulled me right out of the LSD mind state into a clear headed DMT world. Was a bit surprised by how clear headed it felt in combination. Defiantly over powered the LSD and when I came back down into the LSD mind state it felt like the trip was aborted for awhile. Found it much easier to sleep afterwards. If I wouldn't have taken some DMT on the peak I would have been cracked out in the half tripping state until t+12. Instead I found sleep at t+10 and slept all the way until this morning. Nice way to spend Halloween.

Dude, Mega Man was my shit too. I dressed up as Mega Man for my second grade Halloween. I remember I used to get Nintendo Power magazine and Mega Man 3 came out when I was in 3rd grade I think, for months I was staring at the maps of the levels, knowing that my friend was going to have a birthday party soon and that he had Mega Man 3. I had anticipation dreams about it. When the day finally came you could swear it was my birthday. Unfortunately for me, my friend had already been playing it for months so we never got to play it. :\ I was devastated.

one of the first issues of Nintendo Power i ever got had the results of a contest where people submitted hand drawn ideas for new Mega Man bosses. i was fascinated with it at the time for some reason, loved geeking out looking at all that fan art.

That was a fun Halloween party. Psychedelics + Halloween has always been a magical time without exception.
A few friends and I got pretty blasted on O-PCE, and it was highly effective. At one point I was compelled to perform a ritual to infuse water with energy. It was half spectacle, half mystery, as I did not show my eyes or say any words before or during the ritual. In the manner of a chaos magician I was driven purely by intuition in performing the ritual, as in it felt like channelling rather than conscious actions. I apparently pulled it off pretty well because people said they felt a strong energy about it, and maybe convinced I was an actual sorceror (jury is still out on that one...) because for the rest of the night I had fair maidens dressed as elves and witches bringing me chalices of water and curiously exchanging with me. Also of note, a witch performed a spell on me to remove me of any evil spirits, and it made me docile as fuck, so yeah maybe the power of suggestion works better on dissociatives, but its fun to believe there is spiritual activity within these spells.

Last edited:
Mega Man 1-4 was also the peak of my NES playing days, and the music from 2 and 3 I still hear as an influence in my generation's music. In fact Xorkoth, I'm not at all surprised by your MM love because the most recent piano track you posted on the social thread reminded me of (iirc) the ending credits music of Mega Man 3.
I have a funny story about Mega Man 2- I went to a birthday party/slumber party for my friends back in the day when Mega Man 2 was still hot. I had perfected the game, and the roughly 6-8 of us decided to play, trading players every time we died....well I was the first up to bat, and I made it all the way to the third level of the Dr. Wily stage before I died. My ego was fully inflated, but I'm not sure if all the kids were all so excited I spent 2 hours playing through the game without anyone else able to take a turn.

Heh I knew I was among friends here. When it comes to the classic series I've gone above and beyond the usual autism. Mega Man 9 came out when I was in college and begin the first classic series game since the NES (I don't count anything after that because of the change in graphics) I was pretty hype. I got invited out that night but turned it down, nothing was going to stand in my way. Ended up dropping a ton of time into the game and chasing the world records for awhile. Gave up because some dude that called himself MegaDestructor9 would beat any time I put up within 24 hours. We had a good back and forth going for many months on the leader boards.

I didn't play the game for years and picked it up one day when my friend was over. Was getting frustrated because I wasn't making tricky jumps. Later on that night he was telling someone else that I was the best he'd ever seen. "He was doing shit I never saw before and getting pissed off about it". I had _a lot_ of free time in the early 2000s and spent many days playing the NES games frame by frame in an emulator so I could perfect speed runs on real hardware. Should have focused on school instead but you live and learn. I only had MM2 growing up because my parents wouldn't buy me many games. They were attempting to get me to go outside more but at the same time refused to let me ride a dirt bike (well that was Mom). Still don't forgive her for holding me up for 6 years. Soon as they divorced Dad bought me one and going outdoors was never an issue.

I hear Mega Man/8-bit/16-bit inspired stuff in new music constantly as well. Younger friends don't understand my love for that type of music. You'll hear a lot of stuff done on m68ks and Z80s if you have an ear for it.

I was never big into video games, but I played almost every Zelda made before 2005, and all of the SNES final fantasy games :p
When I did play videogames, I think I was more into RPGs than anything else

RPGs were my favorite beyond my really young years. Final Fantasy 3 is pretty much my favorite game, I love that game so much, it's beautiful.

I haven't played video games since I went to college except maybe like twice (literally), but I was obsessed as a kid.

I've been obsessed but keep leaving and coming back. Took a break during college except for Mega Man 9. After college I got into Left 4 Dead for awhile and played on a top ranked team but I didn't enjoy all the drama that went along with it. I'm tech support so I'm constantly getting asked to repair consoles and stuff of that nature. I recently got back into fighting games because I love the community/coaching. Most of the fun is in building the hardware for me though. I maintain a lot of arcade machines for tournaments now, build arcade sticks, and help run things. Training up some monsters...love watching everyone improve.

i recently got to play Final Fantasy 5, and i think its my favorite of the 2D Final Fantasy games now. the story and artwork aren't as good as Final Fantasy 6 (FF3 by the original american numbering) but the combat is so much more interesting.

Interesting, never tried that one. That was in Japan only, right? I found a ROM for an emulator years ago for one of the pre-FF3 games, it may have even been that one, but it was in Japanese, or the one I found that was supposed to be translated didn't work at all.

FF7 (American, the one for Playstation) was awesome too.

Some other RPGs I loved and played a lot as a kid were:

Secret of Mana
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom and Lufia 2 (especially Lufia 2)

Those are what I remember. Plus all the FF games, FF2 was pretty great too. FF1 was hard as fuck.

yeah, was originally Japan only, but i got the American Game Boy Advance release.

another awesome game that was originally Japan-only is the sequel to Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3. there's a fan-hacked English translated ROM floating around. i actually own a copy that someone flashed onto a real SNES cartridge, pretty fun playing it on original hardware.

i played Lufia 1 and 2 a long time ago but i don't remember them. and Breath of Fire 2 as well, but i remember that one more.

earlier this year i started a quest to play/replay every Final Fantasy game. so far i've only beat FF1 and FF5, but i have a save file started for every one of them haha. i need to focus more. most rececntlyi've been going through the updated version of Final Fantasy 3 (3 in the Japanese numbering)... was originally an NES game but they gave it 3D graphics and released it on DS and PSP.

yeah, was originally Japan only, but i got the American Game Boy Advance release.

another awesome game that was originally Japan-only is the sequel to Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3. there's a fan-hacked English translated ROM floating around. i actually own a copy that someone flashed onto a real SNES cartridge, pretty fun playing it on original hardware.

I played that english translated ROM as well (on an emulator). It was a satisfying sequel to Secret of Mana which is one of my favorites from that era. Just this past week I downloaded a GBA emulator and started playing Sword of Mana for sake of series completeness as I never owned an actual game boy advance. I will have to finish it after I complete The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

Just got one of the remastered super Nintendos:) can't wait to play some old Mario or Mike Tyson's punch out

Old school gaming systems are a good investment these days. I bought an N64 back in college for 25 bucks, w/controller/cables, and now if I flipped it I could easily get $75. That's a 200% profit 8o

Pharmakos that's funny I just saw this today as well after Secureteam10 did a video on the tech. Is that how you found it?

Status
Not open for further replies.