• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 80 cans of snus as christmas present for me :D havent used in 6 months. Should last for quite a while.
Do they sell the swedish kind in your countries?

i think even the Swedish companies end up selling a different version in the states, due to different regulations. we do have an American version snus, tho. i know there are some differences, just can't recall them off the top of my head.

Ok. Snus is illegal to sell here (another one of our stupid restrictions) so people smuggle it for tons and tons from sweden. Some people make BIG money who sell it here but it's illegal ofc.

Many people also go to Estonia to buy their alcohol because our alcohol tax is absurdly high.

I think we will be the last country in EU to legalize weed too. Maybe in 20-30 years its possible.

But at least ketamine infusions are used in treatment here already. That's a miracle. But theyre not like clinics for anyone, only for severely suicidal people who have probably tried at least dozen different meds and maybe even attempted suicide.

It's stupid that it has to be justified to only treat with ketamine in treatment resistant patients. What's the fucking resistance to the idea that it could just be a better AD to begin with? I mean definitely board it down hard to prevent abuse, but much more apprehension than that smells like big pharma protecting its assets to me, and yea i'm pretty sure they lobby crazy hard.

I'm really unhappy about the rest of the EU holding my country back on progressive drug laws. We were about to revolutionize but due to the EU (i still do appreciate its value on other fronts or in general) we are thrown back a few decades. I guess on other topics other people in other EU countries may have inversed feelings so fair enough... but I'm really annoyed when Canada is doing this shit right and my country is just rolling over like a pussy and staying rather undecided even though this is the absolute capital of global MDMA production.

At this moment you know what I hate more about politics than just the two-facedness? It's that typically the people who get into power are clueless about apparently marginal matters like these. It's like they don't truly live in the same world.

At this moment you know what I hate more about politics than just the two-facedness? It's that typically the people who get into power are clueless about apparently marginal matters like these. It's like they don't truly live in the same world.

That's the problem with having a "political class", my friend. Politicians are legislating about things they don't really participate in. People locked in offices, living in exclusive neighborhoods, riding their luxury cars, making laws for people living in parts of the city they don't even know, using public transport to move around, with needs and perspective completely alien to them. Politicians quite literally don't live in the same world that the rest of the people. At least that's the reality here in latin america, where social inequity is sadly still a brutal truth.

There shouldn't be people making a living from politics. That's like, the fermentation tank for corruption and lobby. Of course having "a panel of experts" making the decisions comes with it's own type of problems, but the political class can be so detached from reality.

Yeah, politicians are by definition divorced from reality. Any kind of oppressive hierarchy will hinder the flow of information, the more power you have over someone else the less likely you're going to get accurate information from them, because people know they can be punished for presenting information that runs counter to the official narrative.

Solipsis, what exactly did the EU stop in NL? I wish we had drug laws like you have here in Germany, we have barely started with doctors prescribing cannabis as a medicine. Apparently Luxembourg will fully legalize it, maybe that will kick things off here?

I've been visiting my family for Christmas since Saturday. My baby nephew is about 7 months old, I last saw him when he was 1 week old. He's fucking amazing! Cutest thing I've ever seen. He's so chill, such a happy baby, he just hangs out, smiles and laughs a lot, is really interested in everything, hardly ever cries. Every time he looks at me he gets this huge smile and he just stares and reaches out for me to hold him. :) He looks exactly like my little brother (whose son he is) when he was a baby, it takes me right back to being 7/8 years old when he was born, it's so trippy.

My dad can barely speak... it's nearly impossible to understand what he's trying to say. It's pretty fucked up. :( My mom is dealing with so much right now... she handles all of her mom's affairs (my grandma is 92 years old and has just about lost her mind now, the dementia is getting very bad, she became psychotic and paranoid recently and went to a psych ward and got on some antipsychotics and mood stabilizers and now the old folks' home is trying to kick her out because they say she's being "too difficult" even though my mom pays for her to be in the memory care ward :\). She now has several full-time caregiver helpers. She's deeply involved in her church's inner workings and some other groups, which honestly is I think her coping mechanism. She's very overexerted though. Now this morning her cat is puking up blood, and one of the caregivers who is on vacation is begging her to let her take the cat in to the vet but my mom inexplicably says she has to do it, but she's too busy right now with my dad (which is true). :\ I'm going to see if she'll let me and my girl do it instead. Kitty needs help, now, no time for whatever is going on in my mom's head right now that's causing her to refuse help.

Shit is pretty intense here. Good and bad stuff. This is the first chance I've had to log in here since I got here.

Bought 80 cans of snus as christmas present for me :D havent used in 6 months. Should last for quite a while.
Do they sell the swedish kind in your countries?

I've never had snus... what makes it different from other tobacco products?

Huh my liver tests revealed that the levels were pretty high. Time to cut back drinking, at least doing a dry january.

Bought benzos for the first time in years, chilling on 2mg clonazepam atm

I haven't been to the doctor in a few years, kinda nervous what my tests will show. I was drinking pretty heavily for a while. I've cut way back though. I'm visiting my family and have only had 2 beers since I got here. I've been enjoying sobriety, haven't even had weed except once (I'm gonna have it again tomorrow when I visit my friend, too).

I'm home on a two week break from training. I was very excited about it, but the week before coming home I fucked up my ankle and caught a viral lung infection that both have me laying on the couch feeling like ass all day. On top of it, my new insurance should have covered my doctor visit 100%, but instead it covered 0% because government bureaucracy bullshit. So now I'll be out everything I've earned at training, 'cause the x-rays will cost me, I'm certain. Fuck.

Happy to be home on a break though. Almost don't know what to do with myself while here. Been mostly watching tv and just trying to organize my finances before I leave again. Next time I leave I'll be gone for 5+ months, so gotta be ready. Been tough on the wife, but she's coping well. I'm proud of her. If we can both make it through all the training I have over the next year, we'll be very well settled financially, and she can focus on getting her masters degree and finding a worthwhile career, while I rake in the dough. Just gotta persevere.

Hope y'all have all been well, and I wish you all a merry Christmas!

Hey buddy! Nice to see you around here. :) Is training really intense? Sucks about stupid bureaucracy. Is it something where you could provide paperwork and get reimbursed afterwards?

With the insurance, I have 90 days to fix it from my first day of training. But, during all my time those 90 days, I don't have access to a phone or computer. So even once I get the information I need back at the base, I won't be able to call up the insurance and let them know. So it's pretty much a catch 22...

Training hasn't been anything I wasn't expecting. Very physically demanding though, which is what caused me to sprain my ankle (overuse the doctor said). So I hope that once it heals I can take good enough care of it to avoid further injury. Other than that, I'm keeping up well. Adjusting to the life very well. I've gained about 7 pounds too, been eating well and getting a lot of physical training.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been away for a month or so and just wanted to check in. I took a new (local) job and was planning just to do it on a temp. basis but almost everyone including my supervisor quit in the last week and the management has really been leaning on me to make sure shit gets done. I'm getting the feeling that I'm getting fast tracked to a supervisory position, this always ends up happening to me despite my attempts to remain low-key and just do grunt work. ;/ This has caused a 40 hour work week to become 12 hour days 6 days a week very quickly. I'm already stuck training new hires when I've only been here myself for about a month. I've not had time for anything aside from a nice bath and an hour of reading before having to go right back to sleep to get up at 5am to do it all over again. :(

I'm debating if I'm going to stay on here or attempt to get back into a truck. I like having something local and the benefits are really good once I get hired on through the company itself. The people I work with are all good easy going folks. If they give me a little raise I might just stay for awhile. Hopefully we'll push through this busy stuff and get back to more sane hours soon but I'm not holding out hope for that happening for some time. At least I haven't killed anyone yet. I basically run heavy equipment all day and I might have embellished my experience with it a little on the application. ;) I can drive anything so I picked it up quickly and being hyper-vigilant when working around so many folks while running it is always a good thing but it's mentally draining for sure. In addition, I have to constantly jump on and off of it multiple times a day. I'm hoping my knee doesn't blow out again and things will slow down before I injury myself on the job. Good news is I've been sober for so many months now I can pee in a cup for the first time in my life without cheating. So, if I get hurt I'm kinda looking forward to it for once because that means the company will be paying for me to sit on my ass.

Anyway, just wanted to explain why I've been away and can't contribute right now. Hope everyone has been doing well. Next time any of you dose think of old Headphones because I don't see myself having time for any LSD for a looooong time. :(

I hope everyone is going to have a good Christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate!

Hey man, wow that's an intense work schedule, that would drive me insane. Good to hear from you. :)

I'm meeting up with my oldest friend tomorrow, the one who was psychotic recently for over a year. He's been working 60+ hour weeks in a factory, laying low, living with his parents, just keeping busy... he's been out of his 3 months of in-patient rehab for months now. He sounds good, I'm excited and slightly nervous to see him. I couldn't get ahold of him for months and it was making me really nervous but it's just because he got a new number.

Merry Christmas Pd Folks :)

Me and my lady hosted a party tonight and it went well. Just drinking shots of tequila at this point till my hearts need. Everything went perfect, cooked 5 different dishes all Italian. Right after the 7 fishes yesterday and i feel like ive gained numerous pounds. Just gonna keep drinking and tokin. Gobble up some opiates when i wake up and get to work.

Going on vacation really soon, its gonna get trippy as fuck with my girl out in the mountains. Have a beautiful holiday everyone, much love

Happy holidays!!

^^
I think legalization of cannabis is not wanted by a lot of the EU, and I also think the shroom ban was from EU pressure especially France because of incidents, one in particular. Grieving parents wanting to blame something or someone although the reality was much more complicated..

I do appreciate though, that in Amsterdam there is basically abuse by drug tourists and it can be hard to inform well enough and guide well and offer enough prevention. I think maybe there is a rule that you have to wait a day before you actually get your shrooms or truffles to avoid impulsive behavior? not sure.

Amsterdam has become a circus anyway, so many (especially British) bachelor parties and stupid tourist stuff, pissing shitting and barfing everywhere and causing trouble... Half the city became AirBnB too.. I think they should focus on that rather than the general legal status of drugs available. They are slowly trying to do something about it though.
Anyway i like a good party myself but anyone coming here to party in Amsterdam or whatever should still really behave themselves otherwise gtfo

@ headphones: damn that's tough dude, I admire your perseverence! Hang in there bro..

@ cream: you too man, physical exercise is important, good going and good luck in the future. :) I kinda gave up for a short while a few weeks ago but have my energy back mostly. It was just hard to try a lot of things and not being able to give myself perspective or clarity... but i did my best and am still planning to start a small company early next year (its in the works but bureaucracy you know), and then grow fungi experimentally at an art academy like i mentioned before and work on more business models etc.
An arrangement to get a lab somewhere is unfortunately at an impasse, but I just said fuck it and am not giving those people free work anymore but instead got professional equipment at home haha :) got a flowhood

^ right now, spain has the nicest way to have decriminalized cannabis in europe, with the social clubs and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.