• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeeyyyy, happy birthday Xork ! :)

Have a great time with your loved ones

Happy Birthday xorkman :). I genuinely hope it's a good one.

I'm visiting my family at the moment which is cool, and my girlfriend is here with me.

Is this the first time they've met her? How do they like her?

No she's been here 4 or 5 times before. It's actually coming up on 4 years we've been together. They think she's great, she's really kind and helpful and has been really good with my dad. They're really happy I'm with someone that treats me well. :)

Jeez time flies, four years is longer than I thought you guys had been together. Even tho I've been following your posts about her the whole time haha.

I know, right? It's pretty crazy. Time flies, to a fairly frightening degree. It's funny, it doesn't feel that long with her at all, but it's only like 6 months longer than it was since my ex moved out and that was finally truly over, and when I think back to that, it feels like practically a lifetime ago.

But yeah my girl is amazing, I feel really lucky that we found each other. <3 In the almost 4 years, we still have not had a single fight or near-fight. It's almost beyond belief. Nothing has happened to cause us to hurt each other, so there's no baggage, it's all just love and respect.

xork, i'm glad you made it to your first burn. I love burns but I've only been to regional ones so far. It would be super cool if Bluelight had its own theme camp one day, like DanceSafe or Zendo has at burning man. I would love to hear some burn stories, i've got some myself lol

I just took 10mg methylene blue for the first time and holy shit that was such a terrible taste lol

if it didn't have the side effect of messing with the gut biome I would probably take the dosage a little bit higher but I'm probably going to stick with 10mg for this experience.

I am about to go back to school for animation and I am very excited about it :) the university I'm going to attend has thousands and thousands of beautiful women and I'm finally starting to get the hang of picking up chicks lol

also I'm in the best shape of my life at about 165lbs and about 7-10% body fat so that has really boosted my confidence

I appreciate your concern pharmakos but I was pretty certain I was okay after the temperature went down and I'm not sure what it is about this sass in particular but it seems to be the best empathogen i've tried yet

Thanks!

Yeah methylene blue can be used as a nootropic, apparently. Didn't reaiize it would reverse the toxicity of chemo drugs! It actually has a lot of effects throughout the body.

SONN, how would you describe the effect 10mg had on you?

As for burn stories... yeah so it was a small burn of only 300 people. Not sure if kids counted towards that 300 but there were also a lot of kids. We set up near this unused stage, it had a bunch of comfy chairs and a couch on it and they were storing signs and such there. My friend and I brought our instruments, I brought my cheap-ish Yamaha keyboard that I never use anymore, because it runs off of D batteries if you don't have power, and also my acoustic guitar. My friend brought his bass and a battery-powered amp. We set up and played a lot, and occasionally an adult would come by to jam, but mostly we attracted a bunch of kids. They were competing to get my attention and get a turn to play with my keyboard and it was awesome, there were 2 kids in particular who had little musical training but who were awesome musicians. Especially this one kid, he was 11 I think and he had such a good ear. He sat down and played on the upper register while I was playing and jammed with us, and every time I got up and gave it to him fully, he would play all this beautiful stuff. He didn't have proper technique or know what he was playing (in terms of what notes, what chords, etc), but he had great ideas. He also had a real gift for cycling through different sounds and putting them all together into these complex things. I taught him about what he was playing and he was eating it up. At the beginning I would tell him he was really talented and he would be like, "no, come on, you don't have to say that", but by the end he had a lot of confidence. :) I was on AMT and AL-LAD throughout that whole day and basically lasting through most of the next day and it was the best thing I could have been doing with my time. :)

My friends and I stayed up all night talking and doing nitrous... I had some ungodly profound nitrous moments. At about 9am, my friends decided to get some sleep, and I laid down and tried but I was too awake, so I got up and decided to walk over to the side of the grounds that I hadn't been to yet. I thought maybe I'd encounter some other awake people I hadn't met yet. I had been drinking a lot of beers and whiskey all night, and I had a brown out (where it got really hazy but not a full blackout). The last thing I remember clearly was walking away from our campsite, with my sandals and shirt on. Next thing I know, I'm trudging along in the blazing sun, walking barefoot on a gravel road, next to a lake. No one else was around, and I wasn't sure where I was. I felt dehydrated and my feet hurt a lot from walking on gravel barefoot. I was also shirtless and I felt really hot. I somehow knew I had to turn around and walk back the way I had come, even though I had no idea where I was. So I trudged back, it was really painful and it took seemingly forever. Someone drove up in a golf cart and asked if I needed a ride, and for some reason, even though I wanted to stop walking, I said no, that I was fine.

Eventually I made it back, found out it was 1:00pm. I was pretty sunburned, but only on my right side. I lost my sandals entirely and the shirt I had been wearing. I also lost both of my lighters, but had somehow gained a light that had a sticker on it of a different Burn in the area. No idea what happened in the intervening time... I figure I either found some people and we smoked weed and accidentally exchanged lighters, and/or I laid down on the ground in the sun on my left side and eventually got up and started walking. Anyway, for the rest of the afternoon I hung out with my friend and the kids who wanted to play music under the stage, and every time I ran out to get something from my tent or go to the bathroom the sun felt burning hot on my skin. My friends and I found it greatly amusing when I recounted my story (or rather, my lack of story). =D

Lots more stuff too but those stick out to me... as was the case in the last music festival I went to like 2 weeks before this, I ended up hanging out with kids as much as or more than adults. I love that, kids are so much fun, and you can teach them things, and they really, really appreciate an adult hanging out with them on their level. :)

Next year we want to register a theme camp where we bring a quiet generator and more/nicer instruments and some amps, and have a jam/music teaching station, officially.

Thanks!

Yeah methylene blue can be used as a nootropic, apparently. Didn't reaiize it would reverse the toxicity of chemo drugs! It actually has a lot of effects throughout the body.

SONN, how would you describe the effect 10mg had on you?

Its hard to say because I combined it with a dose of PQQ (another mitochondria activator), but I most definitely felt the cognitive enhancement when playing the drums. It was easy to reach the 'flow state' that I strive to reach when I take stimulants before engaging in percussion :)

my pee was blue and I definitely took a bit longer to fall asleep but overall its a very effective nootropic with pretty immediately noticeable benefits (I'll have to try again without the PQQ to confirm though)

I love that i can come to this board talking about taking drugs nobody has heard of and get a warm reception from you beautiful, open-minded individuals who are excited to learn about all sorts of fringe experiences =D<3

Haha, yep, you won't find much lack of interest 'round these parts. =D

I just had a confusing interaction with the auto shop I took my car to... they repaired my heater today, it was leaking coolant because of a broken valve. At 11:30 this morning they called and said it was all done but they noticed the AC (which I just got charged) was not very cold, and offered to check it out. The place is open til 6, but I didn't realize they stop working in the shop at noon (it's also a gas station). So I said sure, check it out, if you're offering. I got a call back like 20 minutes later and it was a different guy who sounded pissed off. He said my service ports are leaking so they need to be replaced and then my AC drained and charged. He said it would take an hour or so, but that they close they 12. I was like, okay, that's fine, I don't want to inconvenience you guys, I can just get it done when I get back home. He was like, no, we can do it, it just would have been nice to know before 11:30, you know? I explained that I'm sorry, I was just taking the guy up on his offer and I didn't know you were closing at 12. He said the guy just told him he was leaving and to check my AC. He sounded really annoyed. I kept offering for him to not do it and go home, and he kept saying he'd do it, but he was just planning on leaving and now he has to stay. Very mixed messages. But he's doing it. I'm like dude, I gave you a million outs, don't get pissed at me! 8(

Just made myself a great breakfast of two pieces of whole grain toast, yogurt with peaches, two scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar, and a glass of apple juice. I've been trying to gain weight, so feelin' proud of myself for having made myself a real meal before work. Last two weeks at this job, very excited for it to be over. I have high hopes of acceptance into my next career path. It would change my life... probably take me away from you guys... but it would be worth it. I need to get the heck out of this town/city.

What is your prospective new career path? Sounds exciting. :) Sometimes a change in scenery/culture/etc is immensely valuable.

I didn't wana publicize it much, but I'm trying to go to OCS with the Army. If I'm accepted, after Basic and a three month course I would be a Second Lieutenant making lots of money. And very sober. I think it's expressive of how much I hate my life right now. It's my sincere hope that three years of sobriety, earning good money, and having renewed opportunities for education will completely turn things around for me.

I don't think drugs got me in this shit situation, but I don't have a choice in the matter if this is what I'm going to do. I'm sure it will be arduous and there will be times I'll feel remorse about such a decision, but right now three years of my life in exchange for jump-starting my financial/career life seems like nothing. I've been out of college for as many years, and I'm barely earning more than minimum wage at most jobs I've had. I have no savings. I live with my fiance but can't support her or her dreams (or my own for that matter). Everything must change, and I'm willing to sacrifice a great deal to achieve that.

Wow man that's big. It's actually a really responsible decision, it sounds like. It does seem like your unhappiness you've expressed over the years here has been largely due to your lack of opportunities and financial stress. My cousin joined the military and came out of it beautifully, he's much, much happier now. I mean everyone's different... but I think the discipline of the military really helped him a lot, besides the money and opportunities.

Man, I just got back driving from Illinois back to North Carolina. Fuck, fuck fuck, that was the worst that drive has ever been. I was already feeling sad and confused about leaving my dad again... but then there was construction constantly. We had to detour and stop a bunch of times, and the places we were seemed so terribly sad and desperate... billboards were garishly screaming at people to BUY THIS AND BE THIS, and people were doing it. And it was fucking crawling like an infestation, you could barely move on the highway from all the people. A previously beautiful town I used to stay in sometimes as a kid was overrun and terrible and scarred. I started thinking about how much we've fucked up the environment, like really it all hit me, oh fuck, we're unforgivable psychopaths. Oh god, what have we done?? Heard some good music though, which helped me, and my loving girlfriend was there with me. But then I saw a dead cat in the middle of the road. She was so sweet-looking, had a collar and was obviously loved, was very beautiful... and her face was looking up from her body and she was staring at me. And right then, the tape player in my car decided to stop working, with 4 hours left to go. The cat was all I could think about, it was horrifying. I wanted to go back and move her off to the side of the road because I didn't want her to get flattened and turned into roadkill for when her people found her. But I didn't go back because it was a 60mph highway in the mountains. It was really disturbing, I couldn't shake it. And then like 15 minutes later I saw a dead dog, the same way except with a long splatter of blood over to the side of the road like it dragged itself away. What. The. Fuck. :( The rest of the drive was physical and emotional torture. It was on top of a week of facing my dad near the end and also watching the Chicagoland news every night and my mom preaching anti-Trump stuff at me and repeating the same stuff over and over and all I can think about the whole time is how fucking fucked up shit is.

Until I got to my mountain region. As soon as we crossed the border, it somehow just became sublimely beautiful. Everything turned purple and there were cloud mist pillars and wisps floating up into the sky all around, and the air felt different, and I felt like all of that melted away when I got home . It's still there but I feel like I can face all of that stuff again. This place is magic to me, it's so crazy. I'm SO glad I live here, I think I'd be in a way different mental and emotional space than I'm in now if I hadn't moved here. I truly, truly love this place. <3

Last edited:
Some truly dark imagery xorkoth. The dog, the dragging. Nature is so harsh on living things.

But also incredibly beautiful.

I'd really like to make some kind of musical instrument using water or a huge work of art featuring a sort of flowing watery sculpture. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.