• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Cross-dimensional chatter. Now featuring mesphereomeantoliopeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychedelic Experience is a genuine classic, whatever one might think about Leary (the book itself was more the work of Metzner than either Leary or Alpert.) Where we get the terms "set and setting" and indeed a lot of our vocabulary and paradigm of the psychedelic experience from. The pineal gland crap (and it is crap) is Strassman, not Leary, though. Originated many years after TPE was published.

Hey man, nice to hear from you...:) I don't have much to add really, just that I think the Psychedelic Experience is pretty shit. It just doesn't resonate with me. I do like "Be Here Now", it seems to be more practical.

I've really become uninterested in drugs I must say. A lot of the things I read, not just here (but dominantly so) I just can't relate to anymore. The obsession with drugs seems to be such a western preoccupation, such a offshoot of an industrialised society that I can't see much true benefit in consistent hard drug use. I can see quite a lot of damage spread amongst ccliques of drug users, a sort of nihilistic detachment from trueness and honesty. I've read of people (and used to be one) who's entire psychological make up is determined by drugs; things like ethics and morals and absolutes are things I cannot relate to anymore. I used to want to be a moral and good little hippy; I now just seem it as contrived and dishonest. It speaks of the massive spiritual void of western society, that we need physical items to turn on our spiritual lives. I am and will be eternally grateful to psychedelic drugs for pushing me towards the inner life I now cultivate, but I cannot see them playing a role in the practical element of it.

This is not to say that I don't use drugs for fun, because I do and probably always will :) Fun can be profound and meaningful. It is probably the most spiritual activity that humans can be part of. For me though, my spirituality is based in the natural world and comes from the powerful energy that animates all life. The modern world makes me concerned, because I feel that my 'nature-worship' is being threatened by this modern world. And all the people who sit around and do nothing while it burns down.

Rarrgh

;) <3

I always lol at long exchanges of verbose posts concerning amphetamine. :D

I took a bit of amp today, for the first time in a while actually, because I had to turn in a paper by midnight tonight. I dunno, I can't say I really enjoy taking amphetamine. Its useful for getting specific things accomplished when used with that intention, but by the time it wears off I feel so dumb, like when I try to think of something specific it will often feel like a hamster on a wheel is just going around and around up there. The mind is working and moving, but not actually going anywhere; like burning rubber in first gear.

If I use amp with any regularity, I get this hollow look in my eyes thats reminiscent of late era Neal Cassady. There's a deep, fundamental loss of personality that is really disturbing and you can literally see it in the eyes. I become unable to find humor or lightness in anything, and indeed most hassles in my life start to seem like catastrophic problems. There's something about that effect that really doesn't sit well with me, and has caused me to endure a lot of long and very strange nights. Its an eerie drug, to say the least.

It also kinda freaks me out how time passes in preposterously fast intervals when you're whizzed. I like how its described in Withnail & I, like a transatlantic flight: instantaneous time change. If I don't take decent breaks from the amp, every day blurs together into one long sketchy episode -- my mental situation can become ludicrously out-of-balance very quickly.

Overall, I think amp is useful -- but I recommend frequent breaks. I really don't think its all that useful as a day-to-day crutch, I've never had success using it in that manner. I find its much more useful when employed as a precise tool to accomplish one specific task and then put back in the toolbox for a bit. That's just my personal opinion, though, and indeed I think the way I experience amphetamine is different from the average person because I was medicated with it from such a young age.

If I use amp with any regularity, I get this hollow look in my eyes thats reminiscent of late era Neal Cassady. There's a deep, fundamental loss of personality that is really disturbing and you can literally see it in the eyes.

Reminds me of something my friend said when we were all smoking some weed, except for himself (due to drug testing): "looking into your eyes is like looking at a blank wall..."

390mg DXM HBr down the hatch. Greatly looking forward to this. The last time I used DXM was at a dosage less than 300 mg, and actually ended up offering me such a profound perspective shift that I have never looked at certain philosophical issues the same way since. This was in combination with cannabis, which will of course be repeated.

willow said:
The obsession with drugs seems to be such a western preoccupation, such a offshoot of an industrialised society

Does that have to do with culture or disposable income? I'd be inclined to pin it more on the latter. Not that I disagree that the West is pretty fucked up in many respects (but what culture isn't?).

'sup Roger? How're the grueling classes going? Or was that like in a previous semester maybe...the months blur together when you're a useless freeloader.

TAC said:
390mg DXM HBr down the hatch. Greatly looking forward to this. The last time I used DXM was at a dosage less than 300 mg, and actually ended up offering me such a profound perspective shift that I have never looked at certain philosophical issues the same way since. This was in combination with cannabis, which will of course be repeated.

Going for the 2nd, eh? I guess that can be pretty fun. Are you not a fan of higher dose experiences on it?

Yo Roger, good to see you around. I noticed you've been more or less absent from PD lately. :) Anyways, the assumption always seems to be that the "off" and "sketchy" acid is that which is produced sloppily or cheaply, and the more pure LSD is the "golden light". I don't see why impurities in LSD couldn't actually have a positive effect. Cannabis, for instance, if I understand it correctly, only "works" because it contains just the right balance of a number of related compounds -- and if you isolate pure THC, CBD, or any other such cannabis constituent, you don't get a very rewarding high. Maybe the sloppy chemists are giving us the golden acid?

I get what you're saying appleman, but in this case I personally can't see an opportunity to introduce a pharmacologically-interesting moiety at the amide by accident.

Its likely that many clandestine chemists use either the DEET method for producing diethylamine, or they use ethanol + ammonia + sulfuric acid (requires fractionation) which would yield the primary amine in addition to the desired secondary amine. If you aminate the lysergic acid chloride with the primary amine, you'll end up with the monoethylamide compound that doesn't look too promising. I'm a bit fuzzy on my ergoloid SAR regarding substitutions at the amide -- but I think monosubstitution doesn't yield LSD-like activity until you get to bulkier substituents like sec-butyl (which effectively mimics the steric effects of the diethylamide). The matter gets even more complicated when you consider that they could also make diethylamine via reduction of the corresponding methyl ethyl amide (but this route is not as likely because it requires reduction by LAH which can be dangerous). LOL, well I've had a few beers and I'm prolly just talking outta my ass anyways so I think I'll just leave it at that. :D

'sup Roger? How're the grueling classes going? Or was that like in a previous semester maybe...the months blur together when you're a useless freeloader.

Sup nevs :) Yeah still the same semester. Classes are going better after my crash-and-burn fiasco earlier in the semester. Put a lot of things into perspective, and gave me a much-needed serving of humble pie; I can't really complain. I'm trying to put less pressure on myself now, and I'm just trying to go with the flow. It seems to be more effective than worrying all the time.

How is everything going on your end of things bro?

Last edited:
Going for the 2nd, eh? I guess that can be pretty fun. Are you not a fan of higher dose experiences on it?

Well actually I'd love to experience the third plateau, but I've never actually gone above about 300 mg, and being the relatively cautious drug user that I am, I figured a 30% increase in dosage would probably be a safe step up from that point. I don't want to suddenly double my highest dosage, and then find out after it's already too late that I'm WAY in over my head, and totally unprepared, you know?

LOL, well I've had a few beers and I'm prolly just talking outta my ass anyways so I think I'll just leave it at that. :D

Well, that's O.K., because the most important point was made, which was that you are much more knowledgable about chemistry than I am. :D

Damn, sometimes I just wish I had an infinite lifetime to thoroughly and completely study every branch of science, philosophy, religion, art, and all other domains of human knowledge. Eventually after countless millennia I would become a god among mortals, and my brain would actually expand beyond the volume of my skull, which wouldn't be a problem due to future skull-reshaping medical technology. :D

But seriously, the more you know about this beautiful and wondrous universe, the richer your experience of it becomes. <3

LOL when I was 14 I drank a couple big bottles of tussin and got to a 3rd plateau, it was really weird to say the least. :D For some reason my entire trip consisted of being fascinated with the four corners of my room and going from corner to corner, putting my head right in the corner where the two walls meet and "peering into the world of the corner". LOL, yes, it makes absolutely no sense but at the time it was extremely fun and I think anyone with dissociative experience can get the gist of what I was experiencing.

By walking up to the corner and pressing my face into it, I would essentially fall into a "hole" that led to some ridiculous place. One corner was full of these shark-like sea creatures, but they were very friendly and spoke a language that sounded like stereotypical laser-noises from 80s cartoons. Through another corner of my room, I could access a world that seemed to be called "computer bucket" (a name that just came to me), that was a cold and sterile but vast land that resembled the surface of a microchip.

Another corner featured a world that was like a dissociated and completely weird version of that show The Wonder Years, but featured all of my family members with comically large heads. I can't remember what world the 4th corner of my room allowed me access to.... but anyways, it was one of the most unique experiences of my life. I literally spent hours going form corner to corner, consistently falling into the corresponding mental world of that particular corner... to this day I have not had another psychedelic experience that is so structured and consistent. Unfortunately, I have not been able to repeat that level of experience -- every time I've used DXM since has been rather disappointing and uneventful.

My first DXM was magical as well, it was extremely empathogenic, I felt profound connectedness to everyone (it's like I could see them via OBE too) as I dissolved into the world, and listened to the sound of a cricket chirping outside my window and I started thinking that it was me...then came total dissociation and forgetfullness...then horrible vertigo and lots of vomiting. Of course, your first time using any class of drug tends to stand out and be unique in some way.

I quite like my subsequent experiences with the drug though.

Alright, I apologize for not being able to respond to anyone right now, because I seriously can't read text on a screen. =D

I suddenly don't feel so comfortable being all alone... I was just chatting with my sister a little bit, but she's got homework to do, so there's nobody to talk to now. :( The only time I really wish I had a nice girlfriend is when I'm on drugs, lol.

Wow, this is interesting. My social isolation definitely starts becoming painful in this state of mind. I mean, normally, being by myself is the cat's pajamas. I'm just not even digging it right now.

^You are a very smart guy. You always offer up a refreshing perspective on things. Try and apply your intellect to your own current dillema. :)

FWIW, I don't see my old friends all that much anymore. I see a small, select group of 3 really close mates but beyond that, I am not interested. Being alone is good, to an extent...

I only see drug connects these days, and calling them friends would be a stretch. Anyway I can't imagine feeling loneliness while dissociated...even hearing about people having negative experiences on these drugs bothers me, it makes me afraid it will contaminate my own experiences with them (hasn't happened yet!). The disconnection from the world is the greatest freedom, a beautiful unreality where everything is at peace for so long as the evening lasts.

Last edited:
I dunno, I find dissociation to be an extremely isolating feeling. Not neccesarily lonely, more like being completely outside the human race albeit momentarily. That feeling is more induced by ketamine though (the dissociative I have the most experience with) then MXE or DXM. PCP is a horrible alientaing drug, really terrifying in retrospect...

I'm reading "It" by Stephen King; such a fucking ominous story. I've read it probably 5 times now and keep noticing chronological errors which is slightly irritating. But still, sinister...Drinking some delicious red wine, got some cigarettes (damn them!!!) and a bit of hash; kicking back in my hotel room, gonna get some delicious pizza sent up I think.

^You are a very smart guy. You always offer up a refreshing perspective on things. Try and apply your intellect to your own current dillema. :)

You have no idea what that means to me right now. :)

I only see drug connects these days, and calling them friends would be a stretch. Anyway I can't imagine feeling loneliness while dissociated...even hearing about people having negative experiences on these drugs bothers me, it makes me afraid it will contaminate my own experiences with them (hasn't happened yet!). The disconnection from the world is the greatest freedom, a beautiful unreality where everything is at peace for so long as the evening lasts.

Oh no, I'm not having a negative experience at all. This is a highly curious and informative experience. Very interesting as well. I am more confused now than I ever have been in my life. :D Except perhaps in a dream. I love you all. <3

I dunno, I find dissociation to be an extremely isolating feeling. Not neccesarily lonely, more like being completely outside the human race albeit momentarily. That feeling is more induced by ketamine though (the dissociative I have the most experience with) then MXE or DXM. PCP is a horrible alientaing drug, really terrifying in retrospect...

But I'm already alienated from everyone but me, a hole can take care of that last pesky person I am attached to. Even if doses aren't high enough to do that, the disconnection is never negative, it's like being lifted to a sanctuary in my mind where all the shit that comes with existing in this universe cannot reach me (of course if it's a low dose I'll start obsessively picturing in my mind's eye the gate through which the higher dosage experiences take me to my little Eden, and mentally reaching out at it in vain).

TAC said:
Oh no, I'm not having a negative experience at all. This is a highly curious and informative experience. Very interesting as well. I am more confused now than I ever have been in my life. Except perhaps in a dream. I love you all.
Ah, I see. Non-negative sadness/pain can be interesting, I'm guilty of this myself, indulging my wistfulness on dissociatives with some frequency. You ever just sit around doing nothing while in that state of utter confusion? It's happened to me a few times, I forget to do anything for a while.

Totally agreed, I really admire applehead's sense of perspective; refreshing is a great way to describe it. It seems to be the exact opposite of cynical, but while paradoxically lacking the gullibility that seems to sabotage those who are prone to openness.

But then again, I also very much admire your way of thinking willow. :) You've opened me up to the reality of spiritual/magickal experience, and framed it in a way that resonates with my hyper-rational but paradoxically whimsical way of thinking.

Honestly, I'm blessed to have interacted with all of you interesting people. You are all treasures of the universe in your own unique way. :) What greater gift can we give to the world than to communicate our inner thoughts to others? Such activity is truly intrinsically valuable.

Wow. I must say that this is BY FAR the weirdest experience of my entire fucking life. I just can't muster up the words to scratch the surface of this weirdness. I had absolutely no idea what I was in for when I took those 390 mg DXM HBr.

I am so grateful for the support I get from fellow psychonauts here...

Status
Not open for further replies.