• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Cross-dimensional chatter. Now featuring mesphereomeantoliopeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Don't they sell those lamps at Ikea? I like to go there sometimes for their most affordable meatball plates (or the hotdog meal and is reaaaaally cheap), then lounge around the showrooms.

IKEA has some lamps that resemble the one I have, but the quality of the IKEA lamps is quite poor. I bought it from Bauhaus.

We don't have those in the land of the free (and home of the brave), at least I've never seen one. Then again I have no reason to shop for such things. Would your quality furniture give you the distinguished displeasure of buying julmust (tastes like cough syrup in a bad way, like virgil's root beer. Now milca soda roja is cough syrup-y in a good way IMO) when you shop?

As far as the flat goes, have you a splash of color out of frame? I liked that modernist look you have going when younger, but now I'd prefer something with a bit of warmth to it. It all goes together well though, personally I would just shop at yardsales though to get what furniture I couldn't get off people for free, but that's just me (heck, all the clothes I am wearing right now I got second hand or otherwise free, besides the shoes). Oh, and are those windows on the wall, or is it a built in cabinet? Either way they look weird to me.

Hey whats up :) I created a standard for my Sai's:

Check this out...

sai-standard-pic-1.jpg

Yes, it's extremely effective for anxiety, but tolerance builds up quite quickly and for me it loses it's effects quite fast. When used occasionally, recrationally with high doses it's extremely enjoyable.

Ya, I can see that. My first day with it was pretty much exactly like GHB but longer duration. I'm scripted 75mg twice a day (150mg/day) but because I got the bottle in the evening and figured I'd get a feel for it's true character I took my recommended dose of 75mg twice a day, 150mg on an empty stomach, spaced ~45 minutes apart. I was really high, just like GHB, that psychedelic alcohol feeling.

Since then I've been taking it proper and still felt dizziness, mild euphoria, etc. I won't be driving a car until a bit of a tolerance kicks in. I can tell there's some mental clouding going on, not as bad as benzos, but it's still a GABAergic. I'll likely have to stop when classes start again, unless the mental cloudiness goes away with tolerance too.

I have a feeling this script won't be renewed forever though, he said medication is for temporarily killing of the anxiety so your life style changes and you naturally become less anxious simply based on behaviour and social integration that takes place while on the medication. That is my goal after all, I don't want to be on meds forever.

I can see the recreational potential in this drug if you only take it once in a while though, 150mg rocked my socks. I couldn't imagine 600mg a day, my head would be like jello.

The last couple nights I've been enjoying this new found form of anxiolysis, combined with some poppy seed tea and a single beer around this time (I'll be going to the fridge after submitting this post). Two days on the poppy seed tea and then I'm done, it's strong stuff and I haven't had a real poop since I've started it. I started using PST because I was doing CWE for codeine but couldn't handle the caffeine anymore, and the insomnia, I like caffeine in the morning; not with my nighttime opiate.

I must have really good seeds or be doing a really good extraction job (I put a little vinegar in the first pull). I've only been using one cup (250mL) of seeds per dose, one dose per day; one yesterday and one a few hours ago. I've been getting right nodified and generally feeling that perfect opiate high. The duration is amazing too, I woke up today still high. The only downside (other than the many usual opiate downsides) is the extreme constipation compared to pure pharmaceuticals. I don't have the place to do a proper morphine isolation but I have a feeling that would help a lot. This tea has really made me realize that morphine is the king, the gold standard. It's the perfect opiate high. :)

Back to regular bowel movements tomorrow. ;)

Doesn't chewing through a few packs of chewinggum give an instant laxative effect? Helped for me when I had painful GI from continued codeine use. But maybe that is relatively mild... maybe for the serious constipation you need a serious laxative...

Also, do you feel mildly catatonic from pregabalin use? I remember this feeling of contentedly drifting away, just staring straight ahead and feeling good.

Tonight I sampled a few molly crystals (oh they were good, tested > 80% ), a rest of choc haze (had to use oregano for lack of tabacco) joint, chased some opium - wow pretty damn good. I wonder how much pregabalin would potentiate all of this. Piracetam also would have been a sweet idea if I'd had thought of it, or better yet aniracetam.

I heated my foil first to release gunk, like probably machine oil from processing... but I read all over the place that aluminum foil can be health threatening, sometimes being associated with Alzheimer's and things like that. I just don't understand how some of the metal could be ingested... Soon I'll just get a little pipe for things like this.

I was getting comfortable with the idea of sobriety and brainstorming how to channel it, but I got ten bucks today. Naturally I came home with a fifth of bourbon (coulda gotten shitty gin/vodka even cheaper, but I want something that is palatable, and y'all know I am a whiskey man). :)

Interesting new avi soli, btw. And what's wrong with a plain old herb-only joint? I'll never understand you Europeans.

Picked up some books from my dad's that I had left there, including the very awesome booklet Pocket Primer of Parliamentary Procedure, if BL ever decides to take up a parliamentarian decision making process, y'all know where to turn. Also The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics (go outdated 70s pharm, it's quite digestible for your average PDer). Some Aristotle and Plato's complete works and Crime & Punishment on indefinite loan from someone I once knew. The full bible (which I forgot I had, I'm almost done with my new testament only thing, after I reread mark there's only Revelations remaining. I'm eager to dig into some Old Testament goodness), a textbook on the history of California from the '50s, and Dune. Nice things to have on hand.

Last edited:
I was getting comfortable with the idea of sobriety and brainstorming how to channel it, but I got ten bucks today. Naturally I came home with a fifth of bourbon (coulda gotten shitty gin/vodka even cheaper, but I want something that is palatable, and y'all know I am a whiskey man). :)

Interesting new avi soli, btw. And what's wrong with a plain old herb-only joint? I'll never understand you Europeans.

Nothing wrong with that of course, I did that last time I smoked up... I am quitting cigarettes so there is no tobacco around, the reason I used oregano (oregano was vaped dry) this time was I didn't have enough weed left to roll a proper reefer.

A friend of mine (or at least someone I used to know) also quit tobacco and started rolling his joints with some herb blend that is meant as a tobacco replacement. I can't say I liked that stuff. Although if there is damiana in it, that can enhance the weed high and make it feeling 'warmer'.

By the way...

I never really thought aluminum foil or tin foil could be bad for health to smoke off (I mean: even if the metal oxidizes it still would not fly into your lungs, right?) but apparently many people consider it a no-no. There's association with Alzheimer's and other diseases, they say. I remain skeptical that vaping temperatures could do anything to the metal or create any volatility. Can someone shine a light on this?
What I do think needs to be considered when smoking/vaping using foil or choreboy / steelwool is leftover machine-oil like residue. With choreboy or steelwool it's much worse than with foil though... When you do a dry run burning and heating the shit out of the metal you intend to use it can produce pretty nasty fumes. After getting rid of that, it all seems to heat up clean as far as the eye can tell us (of course bad to rely on).
Also, it's probably not necessary that any damage done by using such metals is actually felt as pain or similar sensations. So who knows, it might be a secret killer.

I chased opium last night, and couldn't really think of another way than using a bowl-shaped foil and a paper cone to help suck in the vapors. I'm open to switching to a regular little pipe for things like that and synthetic cannabinoids... but it would help to be convinced that foil is bad for you and the reasons why.

Picked up some books from my dad's that I had left there, including the very awesome booklet Pocket Primer of Parliamentary Procedure, if BL ever decides to take up a parliamentarian decision making process, y'all know where to turn. Also The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics (go outdated 70s pharm, it's quite digestible for your average PDer). Some Aristotle and Plato's complete works and Crime & Punishment on indefinite loan from someone I once knew. The full bible (which I forgot I had, I'm almost done with my new testament only thing, after I reread mark there's only Revelations remaining. I'm eager to dig into some Old Testament goodness), a textbook on the history of California from the '50s, and Dune. Nice things to have on hand.

Sounds like some healthy interest/curiosity, nice and diligent - good for you! I kind of burned out a little this week, and as before I made it worse by drug use. Anyway I still did a few things, like go to an open job interview (which went fine) and make that sai standard. And also a finishing element to frame my amplifier solid into my console table.

I tried to wane off of the benzo's too fast, making the same mistake I made before assuming that withdrawal symptoms would clearly show when I would be waning/tapering too fast. But there is also a chronic lagging effect, I became strongly demotivated and lost my appetite. And not eating enough makes you really tired and fatigued. On thursday I was fed up and dropped enough benzo's to sleep throughout the day. So now stuff is out of balance and I really don't feel like fixing all of this.

Oh well, there is still the rest of the weekend to waste. And at least get enough energy to work again monday morning.

I'm going to visit the GP monday, because I'm done waiting in queue for addiction help. Specifically: I want a proper plan to get off benzo's but I don't think I can manage without medication whatsoever especially if there is chronic w/d symptoms. So I want to know what might be a good substitution and discuss it with a doctor. Pregabalin or gabapentin might be the most interesting candidates - aniracetam is also very helpful but I doubt it can neutralize heavy symptoms. Honestly I don't feel like being hooked on whatever medication is the biggest pity... just benzo's make it hard to give it a 100% with things.
It's hard to get inspired to do more creative work and it's typically the same sorts of things standing in the way. Recurrent worries causing a mental block and alternating between lack of attention and hyperfocus (the latter can include continuous semi-involuntary free association). Both those opposites feel hard to channel.

Also The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics

:D The big fucker. Nobody needs a physician, or a doorstop, if they have a copy of ol' Goodman & Gilman around.

Just out of curiosity, what's the definition of "psychedelic" in the edition you have? In some of the older ones, it was a quote from Jerome Jaffe: "...the feature that distinguishes the psychedelic agents from other classes of drugs is their capacity reliably to induce states of altered perception, thought, and feeling that are not experienced otherwise except in dreams or at times of religious exaltation.’’ =D

However, in later edition editions they changed the definition to something much tamer. Sucks cuz I think that was actually a really good definition (and Jaffe was a pretty hard-nosed prick, definitely not a hippie).

This tea has really made me realize that morphine is the king, the gold standard. It's the perfect opiate high. :)

Says the guy who lives in a country where you can't get oxymorphone! =D :D ;) :) :|

Last edited:
It's supermoon here this night. The moon looks absolutely amazing but with my photo skills there's just no chance to give a good picture of how it looks.

17prns.jpg

I've had a Lyrica hangover the whole day. It's not unpleasant but a bit annoying when I really couldn't do anything productive today. Fortunately there was no need for it either.

Who came up with name "big&dandy" anyway? Xorks?

We need an official PD historian, like how Boy Scout troops appoint one kid troop historian.

"Historian" starts to sound like a really strange word if you say a few times in a row, btw.

"Historian..." @_@

^^^ i tried searching for the oldest threads with "big & dandy" in the title, but ya can't figure it out that way because the first post in most B&D's is from some random bluelighter...

i've told this story in the social a few times, but back when i was more of just a lurker i had a dream that xorkoth died (hope it never really happens!) and wyeth pharmaceutical decided to print a "RIP Xorkoth" on every bottle of DXM containing cough medicine. lol.

i don't even think he was much of a DXM user.

i've told this story in the social a few times, but back when i was more of just a lurker i had a dream that xorkoth died (hope it never really happens!) and wyeth pharmaceutical decided to print a "RIP Xorkoth" on every bottle of DXM containing cough medicine. lol.

i don't even think he was much of a DXM user.

LOL. I hadn't seen that one! :D

:D The big fucker. Nobody needs a physician, or a doorstop, if they have a copy of ol' Goodman & Gilman around.

Just out of curiosity, what's the definition of "psychedelic" in the edition you have? In some of the older ones, it was a quote from Jerome Jaffe: "...the feature that distinguishes the psychedelic agents from other classes of drugs is their capacity reliably to induce states of altered perception, thought, and feeling that are not experienced otherwise except in dreams or at times of religious exaltation.’’ =D

Yeah, it has that quote at the end of the first paragraph of the intro to psychs (total of two paragraphs). Mine's the Fourth Edition (copyrights 1970-1). I really like the whole chapter on Drug Addiction and Abuse in this one, what I've read in a few modern medical books is shockingly backward by comparison.

I think I've only read that chapter and the one on Barbiturates completely, and read sections of others randomly, but since I haven't had it at this house I've been unable to for quite some time. Best $4 I ever spent at the thrift store. *

soli said:
vaping off tinfoil

I don't have any hard evidence, I really doubt the actual danger warrants the worry people express over it if you're just vaping occasionally. But IME frequent usage of foil vaping produced more issues over proper pipes, but that may be wrong, who knows, it's been a while (and that was really crappy quality foil).

*Further evidence this book is great:
In MacBeth, for example, the following conversation occurs (Act 2, scene 3)

MACDUFF: What three things does drink especially provoke?

PORTER: Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes; it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance...

The experiments of Gantt (1952) on the effects of alcohol on the sexual reflexes of normal dogs support the observations of Shakespeare; in neurotic dogs, alcohol has some therapeutic value.

SCIENCE can be fun(ny) at times.

Last edited:
So there was some residue on the old empty 4-aco-dmt, degraded (into psilocin?), anyway, IV'd it. Feeling good. %)
Was at a +++ for like a half hour, but it was just a bit and it's a nice lighthearted ++ (have been drinking, so yeah).

I gotta try 4-aco-dmt sometime.

I just went and saw the avengers, it was a fun film.

I think some mxe might be in order tomorrow night (its a little late tonight).

^I ought to get some more when the time comes that is convenient to do so, if such a time comes. It is indubitably top-drawer.

The full moon is so bright tonight! (closest it's getting this year or something I heard off hand earlier?) Ah, I wish I was in a place where this would be cause for celebration and raucous partying into the night. Alas it is not so, but somewhere on Earth not acquainted with downsides (not to gloss over the upsides) of electricity this is cause for folks from tikes on up to the decrepit to be in good cheer. Maybe pass around a ceremonial fermented beverage.

Edit: post tripping (IVing psychs gives them a delightfully compact duration for evening use) psychedelia, what to do? One thing! To do. More booze, and lot's o' this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlHIi-iIV0&feature=relmfu

If you don't like it I disown you.=D:p

tucansam said:
I just went and saw the avengers, it was a fun film.

I really want to see that in theaters, but I almost never see movies in theaters, so I can't wait for it to come out at redbox.

Last edited:
Says the guy who lives in a country where you can't get oxymorphone! =D :D ;) :) :|

Then send some up ya damn bogart! Slip it in a 6-pack of Torpedo IPA ;)

LOL what is this, the pregabalin big & dandy? =D

Eh, I guess a lot of PD socialites have come into the stuff or have interest in it. Try it man, not bad stuff.

The last few days of enjoying drugged nights of watching movies has my sleep schedule FUBAR. I slept 12 hours last night, went to bed at 5am, woke up at 5pm. The only way out of this one is skipping last night's sleep and going to bed early, I'm going to aim for 10pm. That way I can get back on a schedule of waking up by 7am. Something tells me we're supposed to be daylight mammals.

I'm not sure if it has to do with the opies, new med or what but my shoulders are killing me. A day ago I could barely move my left one and they both hurt if I extend them too far. Really weird, I didn't do anything to pull any muscles in there and it's happening in both shoulders, but especially my left shoulder. In the 12 hour sleep I woke up 3 hours into it with excruciating pain. Already having opied myself to bits I took some naproxen and got back to sleep quickly, it's been getting a bit better since then, weird phenomena though.

My doc mentioned CBT to help get to the root of the issues, but psychotherapists aren't covered by my insurance and psychiatrists are just for diagnosis/medication. :\ Anyways he said there's online CBT programs for free so I'm going to see if I can get started on that today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.