• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PD Moderator Recruitment Thread vs JAG's Leaving and Has a Modstick to Pass On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Guy

Bluelight Crew
Psychedelic Drugs (PD) seeks a dedicated, enthusiastic person to join the team and help moderate the forum.

In your application it would be handy to note the following:

* Your location
* The amount of time you spend on Bluelight each day
* Any particular intentions you have being a moderator in Psychedelic Drugs and what you feel you could bring to the forum as a moderator
* Any experiences or skills you have that would be of benefit to the forum
* Ideas for improvements and/or activities or threads to add to our forum
* Why you are interested in Psychedelic Drugs
* Any additional information you would like to include

Some of the necessary tasks expected of a moderator:

* to be an active contributor to the forum, to build forum content, add discussion, and to provide level headed advice in a place of non-judgment
* check all forum threads for violations of BLUA and forum guidelines and enforce our rules
* respond to reported posts in Psychedelic Drugs
* edit, merge, move threads to appropriate forums, modify posts as required
* other general forum responsibilities

Please PM your application to the PD moderators:

Xorkoth, Transform, Solipsis, Trozzle, and Just A Guy.

And to Sekio.

It's important that moderators are able to check their designated forum on a daily basis, reply to threads, reported posts, and perform other basic moderator duties. How committed can you be to the forums? By achieving the goal of consistent moderator activity and participation, we can ensure that our members needs are met, build the forum as a comprehensive resource for harm reduction and knowledge, and continue making Bluelight the community we love.

Thanks in advance to all who apply!

Please submit your applications by January 31st, 2016.

Posting history and support offered to others will also be considered in the selection process. If you feel like you'd be a good addition to the team, by all means please apply! :)

Feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:
There's definitely a few PD regulars I'm hoping put their hand up and apply for this :) some great posters around

How is this coming along? And how come you're passing off your PD modstick, JAG? =/

And nah, I won't be applying (just like I changed my mind with the Words forum). I didn't want seem like I'm being greedy. :)

I encourage all of ya helpful BLers to apply! You'll have access to exclusive content, and by proxy you'll also get to know all of the staff a little more deeply. Just don't forget that our purpose is to help the forums run smoothly. :)

Yeah, please, I believe we have a large handful of people who would be great for the position. If you read and post here every day or very regularly already, it wouldn't be much harder to help moderate. The pay sucks but the intangible rewards are great. :)

lol, great post Xorkoth. It seems that we get paid with the intangibles, but no green whatsoever. I guess that would make this akin to volunteer work? :)

I think what can be better than $ is being able to make a positive difference. So that's definitely a rewarding intangible. Just make sure all of ya have real funds too, heh.

I am uber curious to see who gets it! I'm glad JAG has other titles so that he isn't technically leaving. I don't like it when it seems like awesome staff members are peacing out on us. :(

Edit: whoops, lol.

Okay, folks, the January 31st deadline is coming up, so if you're interested in helping with the forum, please get your application in! Thanks!

I'm glad JAG has other titles so that he isn't technically leaving.

Well, I'm resigning all of my moderator duties, at least for 2016, anyway. I'll still be around though! :) Thanks for the kind words.

Good luck in the selection process guys, there are indeed a lot of good candidates here in PD!

Last edited:
Well, I'm resigning all of my moderator duties, at least for 2016, anyway. I'll still be around though! :) Thanks for the kind words.

Ah, well that's definitely good news if you'll still be around then. And no problem, I always freely give them to everyone who does the same to me. :)

It pains me to say that I will also be going on an indefinite / long break from BL and that would involve stepping down.. :( Shit has come up, forks in the road, bifurcations in the tarmac, terrible terrible swill in a cocoon that hopefully births a butterfly that is possibly too weird to live but too rare to die..

:(

Good luck to all you applicants, I have confidence in you yet unofficial vanguards of PD, rise up and pull that modsticksword out of the philosopher's stone..

Take care of yourself Soli... do what you have to do to ensure you get past this stage. You're a beautiful person and I hope that you can see that, and that you can feel as great as you are. It's going to be a blow to lose you, you've been totally invaluable in running this forum for a long time. I think I speak for everyone when I say you'll be missed. If you ever decide to come back, you've always got a place here. If you ever need to talk, you know where to find me.

I love you bro, get well and live life to the fullest. <3

Hey!

I just sent my application, but apparently Solipsis' inbox is full, so I sent it to everybody else, except for him. Solipsis, if you clear some space in your inbox, I'll send it to you as well!

greets :)

Cleared part of my inbox, but your application was shared privately and read so not to worry Bagseed.. :) I will give my opinions but will have to see if I should vote considering that I'm leaving. In any case I am happy with your applications, I wouldve hoped for a few more (there is a relatively fast deadline perhaps compared to other application rounds?) but the people that did apply are honestly really nice members / candidates imo. :D

Thanks for your kind words, it really pains me and I absolutely wouldn't go if I didn't have to. Unfortunately I can't afford to have my life get any worse if I want to really make this huge reset useful. I've seen for other loved ones IRL that seeing using / being in online or offline drug-scene and being straight edge can be really polarized - even for people who are not hardcore addicts trying to detox or rehab... Sometimes it's just much more easy and transparent to just avoid drugs categorically - for some people for life, like an allergy, for others just for a while until they are stable enough - for me? I don't know yet, but best to do that for the coming while. I only got some pesky etiz. to get rid off.

I have my doubts about my ability to let go of my deep fascination-fixation-obsession with psychedelic pharma neuro chem ethno botanical mycology stuff, I really cannot do that overnight and I see myself returning to part of it. But I need to get out for a while and straighten shit out...
I'm under pressure and staying here for the coming while would be too half-arsed for getting settled.

Am very disappointed in many shit that happened to me irl, but this forum has always just been what it is - a collective and community obviously, but reliable lovable entertaining and friendly, many good people <3

Xorkoth I feel so bad leaving you and the other mods hanging but you know I gotta do this... :( <3 Love you too man, all you guys and gals..
lol maybe I will be around at some point inquiring about going through the iboga method, I definitely wouldn't be the first one to have that 'phase'. Hopefully it won't be necessary.

Xork I'm proud of you, how well you held up relatively, even though you had your fair share of total bollocks... unfolding as an increasingly wise elder, creative as fuck, its beautiful I love your flow!

I know I've been able to help out here - nicely OCDing on things and pointlessly? endlessly analyzing and researching things, but I'm letting many of my other potentials go to waste - something I'm unhappy with. Myself and family don't deserve that.
So I'll work on becoming more and more determined to fix that, then we'll see about the rest - which will be quite a bit later I spose.

On the semi-long run things may be looking up for me though. The real shit in the fan has cooled down now..

This is not farewell - I'll try to be strict, but expect to occasionally check in with you merry bunch of crazy pranksters and swirlers, probably in the 'neutral' social thread hahaha

Its been epic here, now let us be true to ourselves <3

Yeah, we're gonna miss your input on many things. I'm sure everything will be better if you follow what you really want. I'll save a place for you, if I'm still around here by then. I'll probably stick around for another year, and also take my leave too.

Same to you, JAG. You guys (should) know that you will be missed. <3

And Solipsis, I'll ttyl. :)

Big love for atara and jag both, I miss atara being around and am sorry to not really know what he's been up to... anyway your contributions live on

Thanks for the words man. :) It's been real. Looks like we've got some great new recruits, we'll be fine, don't worry about that, just focus on yourself. I believe in you, you've got a lot to offer, you're an exceptionally bright and talented person. I took 3 years off from Bluelight, it was forced for me but it was also necessary, to help me get into a better frame of mind regarding psychedelics.

Indeed, you were a great moderator man, if you ever desire to come back, we'd be happy to have you. :)

Indeed, you were a great moderator man, if you ever desire to come back, we'd be happy to have you. :)

Well like I said when you returned to Bluelight after your hiatus, it was pretty cool chatting it up with Mr. Trip Report himself. )

Status
Not open for further replies.