• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC gaming chitchat

I hope you mean CS 1.6 xP

1.6 ftw I can barely play it now though, its a different kinda game to the rest of the shooters, really had to subconciously know the tricks/quirks of the game engine and aiming/spray system to be good.

I've jsut shelled out £40 for an intellimouse 3 as they've been discontinued and mine is starting to die! steelseries special edition one tho and its the only mouse i like for ultra low sens (400dpi) so smooth!

Also have you played surf_ski2_nova on source? it feels noob-y at first cause its tiny but the speed you can get is insane! the awpers have no chance if you get a shotgun and high speed!

1.6 ftw I can barely play it now though, its a different kinda game to the rest of the shooters, really had to subconciously know the tricks/quirks of the game engine and aiming/spray system to be good.
i've noticed this. i grew up playing mainly CS and other FPS's all have their own feel but i compare them to CS...

Yeah, i still remember the bunny-hopping days of 1.3.. ha! It definitely has it's own surreal feel to it, i remember fine-tuning my config.ini file lowering and raising different values to give the best possible optimization for functionality, making binds for weapons to decrease reload time ever so slightly, there was alot of scripting going on.. it often bordered on the line of cheating but since most were within the engines function it was allowed. Some of the wars between clans had strict rules in regards to config files.. i remember having to download a default config file just for one of the match's. Servers all had fade-to-black on to avoid voice-relay, lots of tactics and intricate strategies involved..

I haven't played any serious FPS multilayer games since old counter-strike, i wonder if they still retain the same degree of attitudes to match's.. i do still compare everything to CS, every other shooter i've tried has felt 'clunky' in comparison to the precision that counter-strike seemed to harbor..

Heh, crazy days :)

Me and a few buddies picked up Unreal Tournament 3 while it was on sale on steam. Anyone down for a few rounds?

I'd totally be down for an organised bluelighter minecraft session sometime =D What are the IP's of your group's minecraft servers JG?

You can grab MC at KunniaGaming.net on the default port :)

I'm Jinux on steam.

Been playing minecraft like crazy lately with 3-4 other people, i get alot fun and creativity out of it :)

Just started messing around with Serious Sam 3 co-op mode.. i remember playing the earlier prequels years and years ago and i loved the mayhem and carnage of blasting away hordes of aliens, it's still got that flavor but this time co-op with upto 16 people makes it even more insane. Most intense game i've played in a while, 100's of enemies coming at you from all directions and you got nothing but a rifle and a shotgun! Not to mention the kickass metal soundtrack while your ripping everything apart ;P

It's a nice break from all the RPG's and RTS's ive been playing..

^ After watching a video review of Minecraft my curiosity has been piqued. I'm probably going to buy it and start fooling around this evening.

This afternoon I excitedly downloaded Team Fortress 2, but my excitement quickly faded to disappointment when I realized that my machine simply isn't fast enough to smoothly render the game (which is somewhat surprising to me, given that I can run HL2, which also runs on Source, well enough). :( I pretty much have to stick to either 2D games, or 3D classics on this machine.

I've been on the hunt for a high quality online competitive gaming experience, which led me to TF2 -- does anybody have any recommendations for alternatives that might play nice with my older comp.?

^ After watching a video review of Minecraft my curiosity has been piqued. I'm probably going to buy it and start fooling around this evening.

This afternoon I excitedly downloaded Team Fortress 2, but my excitement quickly faded to disappointment when I realized that my machine simply isn't fast enough to smoothly render the game (which is somewhat surprising to me, given that I can run HL2, which also runs on Source, well enough). :( I pretty much have to stick to either 2D games, or 3D classics on this machine.

I've been on the hunt for a high quality online competitive gaming experience, which led me to TF2 -- does anybody have any recommendations for alternatives that might play nice with my older comp.?

If you can't run TF2 you may not be able to run Minecraft. It is seriously demanding however ludicrous that might sound. also if you haven't bough it yet PM me and I'll send you my account information so you don't have to buy it.

If you can't run TF2 you may not be able to run Minecraft. It is seriously demanding however ludicrous that might sound. also if you haven't bough it yet PM me and I'll send you my account information so you don't have to buy it.

Hah, given the highly simplistic, blocky, pixellated graphics, I assumed it would be a pretty lightweight game, but I guess I may be wrong. I'll just have to test it myself.

Thanks for the offer. I've got access to a cracked version though, so I can just use that to test the waters.

Hah, given the highly simplistic, blocky, pixellated graphics, I assumed it would be a pretty lightweight game, but I guess I may be wrong. I'll just have to test it myself.

It 'can' be demanding, it runs through the Java client.. so there may be the need to allocate extra memory to Java for the purpose of running it. Additionally there's a browser version on minecraft.net, i've never used it but it may not be so demanding as the client. It really is alot of fun, whether your playing purely for creative purposes or getting into the groove of survival mode, farming, mining, cooking and smelting. The game does actually have an 'end goal' that can be worked towards in survival.. im not really sure about the direction Notch is taking all of it, but i guess we'll see.

End goal, get to ender realm. haha. playing on a server that isn't full of dicks is my favorite thing to do.

End goal, get to ender realm.

And kill zee dragon!

You know, i thought the end realm was meant to be difficult.. needing to come fully prepared, hardcore survival and all.. considering there's nothing but end-stone there. But you can solo that dragon with a bow and arrow within 5-10 minutes and then leave happily through a portal with 100 levels worth of experience. I actually read the entire story during the credits between two 'voices' which takes about 10 minutes to get through, and it goes on and on about you 'the dreamer'.

"and the universe said the light you seek is within you
and the universe said you are not alone
and the universe said you are not separate from every other thing
and the universe said you are the universe tasting itself, talking to itself, reading its own code
And the game was over and the player woke up from the dream. And the player began a new dream. And the player dreamed again, dreamed better. And the player was the universe. And the player was love.
You are the player.
Wake up."

This all sounds strangely familiar... it's just a snippet from the end, but i'll admit i honestly didn't expect this to scroll up my screen upon leaving the end world. :)