• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Downloading Path of Exile now. I cant believe it is free!

I was logged onto D3 for 10 minutes. It was all i could stand. First time it tried to play in 2 months. Hoping POE is much better.

Does anyone have any Drug+game combo recommendations?

earlier in this thread i stated that:

"lately i enjoy league of legends + weed. very intense and engaging.

im a zombie fan, with left 4 dead 2 being my game of choice. for the realistic experience, puff some green, and set the difficulty to expert in campaign mode and take it slow. with luck, i get a team that at least tries to work together. i dont care if people are bad if they are trying.

if im drinking its gotta be versus."

Currently playing the most engrossing and nerdy game ever: Kerbal Space Program.

On one level, it's really very simple: you get to design, build and fly rockets and spaceplanes, blast them into space and run a space program. So far, so good.

On another level, if you want to get any of the really cool stuff done - like staging, docking, orbital construction, landing on planets, etc - you'll need to get your head around orbital mechanics. Thrust to weight ratios, orbital maneuvers, phase angles and loads of other mathematical stuff are needed in order to take advantage of the Newtonian principles of getting from A to B in elliptical motions.

...or you can download a mod and use the autopilot! :D

It's currently in alpha... but it's a really, really good alpha with lots of development and an active mod scene. The trial is free, but its the 0.13 version of the game. They're currently on 0.18.2 which has a lot of advanced features.

Definitely worth a look if spaceflight interests you.

6e7nW.png

screenshot57.png

d1uEB.jpg

screenshot153b.png

ville-duna-liftoff.png

check out Darkfall: Unholy Wars

please dont actually, game has potential but its a wait and see thing right now

but for anyone who ever played Age of Empires II, this may be of interest.

I doubt its really anything noticeably different but Steam support for online games is pretty nice, cant be any laggier than MSN Zone used to be

best lol moments were those slicksters whod come in and try to type in cheat codes right away, youd see like

aegis
robin hood
wtf
Somedouchebag54 has left the game.

Yep, it's awesome. Still pretty much the only game I play at the moment.

Also, it just got released on Steam, so the developers upgraded the demo version in advance to take advantage of all the new features.

They're currently on 0.19.x which was released last week. Planned features include extractable resources, so you can perform deep-space mining operations to keep your ships refueled and self-sufficient (you can do that at the moment with the kethane add-on).

Total time-sink though if you're into the idea of spacetravel and rockets. Spent 2 hours yesterday putting six probes into polar orbits around the in-game Jupiter's moons. :D

It's also very CPU-intensive, so your beastly GPU is rendered comparatively useless.

More gratuitous pic spamming...

F806ZFL.jpg

r80agbA.png

Polant5-029.png

mvg5g9.jpg

zQNlYis.png

1JoolAerobrake.png

LeqT9.png

Last edited:
I used to play City of Heroes for like 3 years straight. Wake up, turn on PC, play until bed time. Rinse and repeat. I need to find a new PC MMO to get addicted to.

Playing Simcity 4 at the moment.

That Kerbal Space Program looks worth a go for sure.

^ Well, that's true, but it's not like every game released after 2010 uses CryTek-like hyper-realistic graphics. In fact, they're probably in the minority given how many independent studios there are these days. Refusing to play a game just because it's modern or has nice graphics seems silly.