View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Parents ‘injected children with feel-good heroin’

poledriver

Bluelighter
Parents ‘injected children with feel-good heroin’

23777a720b6925a2259e1b6ba10d76f4

A COUPLE injected their three young children with heroin, telling them it was “feel-good medicine” to help them sleep, police in the US said.

Ashlee Hutt, 24, and Leroy McIver, 25, allegedly drugged their son, six, and daughters, four and two, in their filthy Washington home filled with rat droppings and used needles.

Child Protective Services (CPS) launched an investigation in November last year after someone in the house claimed they saw the children with the drug, Kiro7 reported.

According to a probable cause affidavit, the six-year-old told investigators “his mum and dad give him and his sisters the ‘feel-good medicine’” which “he described as a white powder which was mixed with water”. He said his parents “used a needle to inject the ‘feel-good medicine’ into him and his sisters.”

“Some of the statements they [the children] made were very disturbing about how they would get sleeping juice to go to sleep and it was injected into them by needle,” Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Detective Ed Troyer said, according to Kiro7.

Puncture marks and bruising consistent with needle injections were also found on the children’s bodies. Testing showed traces of low levels of what was believed to be heroin in two of the children.

The News Tribune reported Hutt and McIver admitted to CPS officers they were heroin addicts. Their children were placed into foster care in November 2015.

They face three counts each of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance to a minor, second-degree criminal mistreatment and second-degree child assault, and are being held in lieu of $US100,000 bail.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/fbf07df21be8e2a96a287ae267812130

Ok, that's really fucked up. 100 years ago you could buy heroin cough syrup to give your kids (and you can still buy alcohol cough syrup), but none of those are injected.

That's beyond words. How would they have known what amount to use on a kid? I mean christ they basically tortured their three kids.

So sad

As a parent, this makes my stomach turn.
They have shown that they do not respect the lives of their children.
I hate to say it, but they do not deserve to get their children back. Ever.

That's beyond words. How would they have known what amount to use on a kid? I mean christ they basically tortured their three kids.

So sad

Yeah, it wouldn't have taken much to overdose a little kid, especially with street dope of varying potency and who knows what other chemicals in it. Sick shit, they need to be locked up for a long time. I'm just glad this was found out before one of the kids died or were subjected to more of this shit.

Well in Afganistan they still give small amounts o opium to children to calm them done this have done for many hundreds years. Also in some cultures they give whicky or other alcohol to child to calm him/her down. But incejting heroin is totally different thing, they are sick individuals.

What the hell could motivate someone to do this? If nothing else, you'd think they'd want to reserve the heroin for their own habits. Bizarre and twisted.

Well in Afganistan they still give small amounts o opium to children to calm them done this have done for many hundreds years. Also in some cultures they give whicky or other alcohol to child to calm him/her down. But incejting heroin is totally different thing, they are sick individuals.

Different how? Opium contains morphine, whisky contains alcohol. If you inject a small dose of heroin, how is it different from giving opium to children to calm them down?

Not that I particularly support the practice, but people seem to be a little bit too outraged at something without knowing the full details.

just because drugging children has been done for millenia doesn't mean it's right though ;)

^ as I said, not that I agree with the practice per se, but for some reason people always assume the worst when it comes to such things. Children are given medicine often, and heroin/morphine is a kind of medicine. Not that it should be given to children like candy, but AFAIK opioids, when compared to other popular recreational drugs, are rather harmless to a child's body. It's definitely not alcohol or second-hand smoke.

I'm more baffled by the responses in this thread than the topic of the thread, actually. But I guess it's to be expected; when children are concerned, everyone is suddenly a children's rights advocate and is ready to behead anyone who does something resembling a wrongdoing to a child.

I think it's also not just about the drug in question, or the topic of giving drugs to kids...it's also the ROA they used to administer the drug. The needle. IV drug use is somewhat taboo even among the most open-minded drug users, and most people who do it aren't overly open about the fact that they engage in the practice...and definitely not in any sort of mixed company.

The idea of a parent trying to hit their own kid's vein, and a young child at that...ugh. It just instinctually grosses you out, y'know?

^ as I said, not that I agree with the practice per se, but for some reason people always assume the worst when it comes to such things. Children are given medicine often, and heroin/morphine is a kind of medicine. Not that it should be given to children like candy, but AFAIK opioids, when compared to other popular recreational drugs, are rather harmless to a child's body. It's definitely not alcohol or second-hand smoke.

I'm more baffled by the responses in this thread than the topic of the thread, actually. But I guess it's to be expected; when children are concerned, everyone is suddenly a children's rights advocate and is ready to behead anyone who does something resembling a wrongdoing to a child.

How are these responses baffling??

A few posters have made the following points:

1) street heroin varies so much in potency that little kids with no tolerance would overdose much more easily than adults.

2) the ROA makes it MUCH more dangerous than a small amount of laudanum/opium tincture or some codeine taken by oral administration

3) now a lot of heroin has Fentanyl in it, making it that much more dangerous

4) the kids can't even understand what they are being given enough to have a say in the matter so basically you are drugging someone without them knowing.

Would you take issue with injecting a mentally handicapped/retarded man with the IQ of a 4 year old with heroin when he didn't ask for it??

I'd assume you would, so basically we are talking about something similar.

A drug user should be old enough and mature enough to know what they are putting in their body and choose to do it, and having one's parents who a kid trusts just give it to them is child abuse plain and simple and betrayal of trust.

I would probably never agree with anything other than a doctor administering any kind of seriously mind altering/addictive substance to a kid under the age of 10, and that alludes to your comment about some of these drugs being "kinds of medicine".

Sure, administered PROPERLY these things CAN be medicine, but look at the picture of these two champions and tell me if you think they'd know what they are doing???

You think alcohol or second hand smoke are WORSE than injecting heroin into a little kid's body??!!!

I think that's INSANE.

A single shot of super potent heroin could kill a 4 year old but when has a single drag of second hand smoke or a sip of beer killed a little kid???

The reason people are reacting this way is because this IS that bad, not because it sounds bad.

Drugs like powerful opiates, stimulants, and many others are medicine only when used under medical guidelines, otherwise they are poisons.

In this case, it was a poison and these kids were being poisoned.

You think alcohol or second hand smoke are WORSE than injecting heroin into a little kid's body??!!!

I think that's INSANE.

I was responding to a comment saying how opium and strong alcohol has been given to children in some parts of the world for hundreds of years, and that's fine and significantly different from giving heroin to children. My point was that there isn't much difference, in principle. It's drugging children one way or another, whether it's a tradition to give children opium or shoot them up with street heroin.

A single shot of super potent heroin could kill a 4 year old but when has a single drag of second hand smoke or a sip of beer killed a little kid???

A single pint of super potent vodka could kill a 4 year old, but has a single sniff of a few milligrams of heroin killed a child?...

Drugs like powerful opiates, stimulants, and many others are medicine only when used under medical guidelines, otherwise they are poisons.

In this case, it was a poison and these kids were being poisoned.

Dose makes the poison, but aside from that - yes, giving children strong psychotropic drugs is questionable. However, given that the children are alive and well, it seems, the popular assumption that the parents were injecting the children with high adult doses of heroin is too much. It doesn't take a genius to figure out not to give high doses of strong opioids to children if you want to calm them down.

I was responding to a comment saying how opium and strong alcohol has been given to children in some parts of the world for hundreds of years, and that's fine and significantly different from giving heroin to children. My point was that there isn't much difference, in principle. It's drugging children one way or another, whether it's a tradition to give children opium or shoot them up with street heroin.

A single pint of super potent vodka could kill a 4 year old, but has a single sniff of a few milligrams of heroin killed a child?...

Dose makes the poison, but aside from that - yes, giving children strong psychotropic drugs is questionable. However, given that the children are alive and well, it seems, the popular assumption that the parents were injecting the children with high adult doses of heroin is too much. It doesn't take a genius to figure out not to give high doses of strong opioids to children if you want to calm them down.

Ok, I thought you were responding to those simply saying it was abusive to give them heroin.

I agree that giving ANY mind altering substance to a kid (UNLESS you are a doctor) is a bad idea.

What they say they used to do in the old days was give babies like a QUARTER of a shot of whiskey to calm them, but still, that's a bad idea.

OF COURSE a PINT of vodka could kill a little kid, and is worse than a small sniff of heroin, but both are bad, the dose makes the poison, like you said.

I guess they managed not to kill their kids, but I think we can agree that this is some pretty bad child abuse.

I hope they spend several years in prison over this, but I feel bad for the kids not having their parents around also.

Different how? Opium contains morphine, whisky contains alcohol. If you inject a small dose of heroin, how is it different from giving opium to children to calm them down?

Not that I particularly support the practice, but people seem to be a little bit too outraged at something without knowing the full details.

Different because hundreds of years ago not everyone knew that dosing young children with hard drugs simply to calm them down is not a good idea.

Outraged without knowing the full details? I'm curious...what missing detail could possibly justify these two fucked up individuals injecting their babies with street heroin?

There is a difference. A significant one. What people did centuries ago is far from the same thing as a couple of heroin addicts deciding to shoot up their six year old boy and two baby girls with street heroin, while forcing them to live in neglect, flith and squalor in 2016.

sorry but injecting children could end up with a bloodstream infection

besides the drug which could overdose and kill them the flat was full of rat shit and they were happy to live like that with their children. without heroin this is abuse

then they inject small children in THAT environment which is dirty exposing their bloodstream to lots of weird shitty pathogens. then on top of that they have them taking heroin all the time. forcing them into addiction.

many many wrong things in this picture. no child would drink a bottle of vodka on its own cos it tastes of shit.

Just because the practice of drugging children has been done for centuries, it doesn't take away from the fact it is essentially shite parenting at it's core.

It's completely unnecessary to drug a child, risks aside, there's a consent issue too. Even if it's a harmless dose, done in the most sterile of conditions.

Shit / lazy parents as far as I'm concerned.