• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Panic Attack from Adderall Binge + Marijuana

For those of you who get anxiety from pot, does it makes a difference whether you smoke it or eat it? For me, smoking it always leads to anxiety (w/ or w/o stims). But when I consume baked goods, it has the complete opposite effect and chills me out nicely. Anybody else get this?
Now that you mention it, your absoultely right! everytime i smoke pot, its negative, anxiety ritten, insecure, thinking about my problems, feeling like a loser, etc..but one time my friend had pot brownies and i ate one, i GOT SO FUCKING HIGH and i couldnt stop laughing, i definetly had no negative effects eating it..

Be glad its just that, one drag send me into a panic attack that is on and off every 5 minutes for days. Im pissed because i loved weed,still do, i used to smoke ridiculous amounts and not feel the slightest bit of anxiety, now thansk to some bullshit i cant smoke. If you really cant take it eat half a bar of xanax i assure you it will be aight

Weed is strange. I used to think it was bullshit and people who did it where retarded, But now i understand its very dependent on the person somehow. There is some kind of major differentiating factor person to person that determines the effect weed will have on them that so far seems to be unclear or unproven beyond theory. Its the only drug that with the same dose and source can have completely two different effects on different people on the same day, light an day.

I think even hallucinogens that are highly dependent on other or external factors are way way more reliable then weed in terms of the potential results for a group of multiple persons and first time users. I can trust acid, shrooms etc way more then weed which works like god for some of my friends and does the opposite for myself and others. Research has not indicated any reason why this happens.

Now amps from a purely "does it cause anxiety and is it reliable" point of view is one of the best most reliable substances by far imo with some exceptions:. Besides the comedown or any other dug interaction or brain chemistry/mental issues/disorders point of view, its seems incredibly unlikely to ever cause serious anxiety instead of positive effects when used and in full effect and of course not considering comedown or any supposed withdrawals. Even coke and other stims are fare more risky then amps in this respect which always had to be managed with alcohol or downers to take the edge off.

You shouldn't take benzos in order to smoke weed. Get some clonodine for anxiety, the lack of racking heart will kill the anxious feeling, no need for addictive benzos. Honestly antihypertensives aren't really good to take in order to merely smoke weed, but it's likely safer than a benzo addiction if used conservatively.

ya shouldnt have to take a drug to combat the side effect of another drug you like, or are attempting to like...lets just face the music, pot isnt for those of us anymore, and just leave it alone (personally speaking myself)

I understand the feeling, combining stims and weed is never a good idea. You're fine though, you're just associating the anxiety with the weed because the experience was so traumatic. Hopefully I don't sound too cliche, but you should just take a break, get some exercise, eat right, stay active, and then when you feel ready, try the weed again. I'm recommending this from my own personal experience, I often get carried away when I'm high and I can get quite anxious but I find this only tends to happen when I get into unhealthy habits and don't take care of myself, as soon as I'm at the gym again, running, eating correctly, sleeping enough, being social and staying busy at work I find that I rarely get anxious!

About i month ago i was preparing for my end of college exams, i decided to take a 30mg equasym XL capsule (adderall) at first the simulant worked i was focused until i start taking bong rips ,after the third bowl i began to feel very anxious and panicked , i felt as if i was going to pull white but the feeling was much more intense , my heart rate increased rapidly to which i immediately went into a panic attack , i felt as if i was having a heart attack ,it was terrifying .

i began vomiting ,feeling extremely dizzy , i even began to experience Deja vu (which are all common symptoms of a panic attack), after vomitting i began to calm down the feeling lasted for maybe 20 minutes before i vomited , im aware that i basically pulled white from a combination of the weed and the panic attack ,but this was definitely the worst panic attack ive had.

i am a sufferer from anxiety and have done since a child , i used weed to initially solve this and it worked to begin with , however after the incident smoking weed isn't the same for me , after 1 or 2 drags from a joint i start to feel panicked and anxious especially when smoking in larger groups of people , when smoking alone i tend to have spiraling thoughts which are all paranoid and negative , i could be sat watching TV or just sat chilling like i would normally do when stoned ,but now i will start to feel paranoid and anxious, it seems to me that the panic attack has caused some mild trauma in a sense and my brain doesn't tolerate weed like it did before.

it is important for me to mention that before my exams i took a tolerance break from weed (roughly a week beforehand) to try and clear my head a bit.
i feel after reading some comments on here that this may be a common anxiety issue in cannabis users , im 17 and had been smoking for almost a solid year everyday nearly before this incident. i think i wasn't aware of how low my tolerance was after the break and that has caused an increase in these feelings of anxiety and paranoia.

i dont believe that a single capsule of Adderall which is prescribed to people a lot and is often over prescribed by medical professionals could have caused these feelings. i think its the trauma from the panic attack which has now led to us feeling this way now when we try to smoke weed. there are far worse stimulants out there than Adderall.

i think the best thing to do is take a break from weed or smoke with people you feel comfortable with , i can only smoke with 4 people now and i prefer smoking in pairs or groups of 3 which is frustrating as i talk to alot of people who smoke and i just dont feel comfortable smoking with them anymore.
to anyone on this forum who is using sedatives to smoke weed is it really worth it ? i think its safe to say that for some of us it just doesn't do the same job as it used to :(.

im now going to try limiting the amount i smoke , maybe sticking to one joint a day and smoking with someone im close and comfortable with , i would also maybe lay off doing any kind of gravity bongs or shotties (homemade bong if your from the states), i used to love doing shotties but now i just cant hack them so i stick to joints as it mellows me out more , but everyone is different and its important you find what works for you.

i have seen on this forum that some people have tried edibles not smoking and they still get the euphoric high , so im hoping this is the case for me and that edibles still work :)

if anyone has had this issue and managed to make it through please reply, it would be greatly appreciated i want to try everything there is to try and resolve this issue .
i really hope this post helps clear things up for anyone who is experiencing this , i know how frustrating this is whether you smoke alone or socially.

seriously, fuck the weed off - your anxiety will only get worse. I used to be actor, then after smoking lots of skunkweed in the 90s - i have no self confidence now and go to pieces when I speak to a group.

so you have a permanent lack of self confidence even tho you quit smoking weed years ago?

fried my brain on it, became withdrawn and introverted.
Nowadays fully functional in most things but public speaking or nervous situations like a job interview Im still a friggin mess.

but that's normal i think....

ya know what i do at interviews? say as little as possible...works every time :cool:

What is a "good amount"?
there isnt really a clear answer it depends on who you are as a person if you have learning or behavioral difficulties such as ADD or ADHD i believe cannabis can make your mental state and behavior change.
i would say regulate it dont end up like me ,where i was smoking over a gram a day doing bongs and shotties constantly throughout the day and everyday , thats when weed becomes "addictive" and you become heavily dependent on it and then it starts altering your lifestyle.
the current pandemic hasnt helped my mental state like the vast majority of people , i think you should know your self and your limits and you know yourself better than anyone , its all about self control , my advice is only do drugs if your in a good mental space and dont over do it or your mental state is likley to decline.

For those of you who get anxiety from pot, does it makes a difference whether you smoke it or eat it? For me, smoking it always leads to anxiety (w/ or w/o stims). But when I consume baked goods, it has the complete opposite effect and chills me out nicely. Anybody else get this?
Yes! I smoked weed, had a long break and then really suffered from anxiety and paranoia smoking it. I now eat it, and though I get oversensitive, it's not a full blown breakdown, it's much more relaxing eaten. I take tiny amounts -7.5mg max. I cannot smoke, as long as I stay away from indica and only smoke a tiny bit.

Yes! I smoked weed, had a long break and then really suffered from anxiety and paranoia smoking it. I now eat it, and though I get oversensitive, it's not a full blown breakdown, it's much more relaxing eaten. I take tiny amounts -7.5mg max. I cannot smoke, as long as I stay away from indica and only smoke a tiny bit.
thats interesting you say that i have worse panic attacks on sativa strains it tends to make my thoughts spiral wheras indicas just make me very sleepy and i end up falling asleep anyway , but the anxiety is less when i smoke indica strains

I could be out of line here, but these symptoms are not at all normal (bad feelings should turn into good feelings) and probably are the result of having no tolerance to crystal + smoking weed during a virgin crash. But hey, take it as a blessing maybe.