Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pain Stop - Codeine/Promethazine/APAP

The-Future

Bluelighter
Someone told me this is the Australian equivalent to Purple Drank (Lean, Sizzurp or whatever). Has anyone tried this and enjoyed it? I took a tiny bit more then what the recommended dose was and within a few mins I could barely talk and I stumbled all over the place and then I'd fall into a deep sleep and would wake up 12hrs later feeling really drowsey.

Why is this so popular in the States so do you get more Codiene in their syrup? I just don't see the appeal at all.

Mods move this to Codeine thread if you like. Thanks

Paracetamol 120mg per 5ml
Codeine Phosphate 5mg per 5ml
Promethazine Hydrochloride 6.5mg per 5ml

That means ud need to consume a fair amount of the syrup if we are talking about the same thing. It also contains quite a bit of sorbitol too which is very bad for u too. It would work for some people here who have zero tolerance to some extent but personally when I started using codeine id need at least 90-100mg of it to feel a decent buzz. If u get a decent buzz of a recommended dose great but I wouldnt go to the trouble of having more than that. There are other options that are much safer which we wont discuss.

And once you've reached a decent codeine dose with this syrup, you've actually got a very high dose of prometh, which generally over powers the codeine high (well, for me anyway).

Too much paracetamol aswell.

I think the Americans get into this stuff because its hard for them to get plain old codeine/para tablets. So they resort to this.
Because we're in Australia, and you can aquire codeine/para tablets OTC I really don't see a point to persuing 'sizzrup' or whatever the &@#% they call it.

I think they also use hydrocodone (found in a prescription cough med), as another substitute.

And once you've reached a decent codeine dose with this syrup, you've actually got a very high dose of prometh, which generally over powers the codeine high (well, for me anyway).

Too much paracetamol aswell.

I think the Americans get into this stuff because its hard for them to get plain old codeine/para tablets. So they resort to this.
Because we're in Australia, and you can aquire codeine/para tablets OTC I really don't see a point to persuing 'sizzrup' or whatever the &@#% they call it.

I think they also use hydrocodone (found in a prescription cough med), as another substitute.

Hey, sorry for the late reply ive just seen this recently though, is it possible to actually get off Painstop? i mean how much would be needed to be put in a bottle of sprite?

Hey, sorry for the late reply ive just seen this recently though, is it possible to actually get off Painstop?

Talk to your doctor about addiction, I'm pritty sure you can get 'off it'.

But in all seriousness make sure you don't exceed the maximum daily dosage of paracetamol, that shit will fuck your liver.
As for the codeine side of things, the mixture contains promethazine, it's a sedating antihistamine that will sedate you. And more than likely ruin a codeine high. Some people use small amount of prometh to potentiate codeine and other opiates (also helps with the itch), but too much and all you feel is very sedated, and not much of an opiate euphoria can be achieved.

Last edited:
Extraction?

is there any way to extract the APAP and promethazine from the mixture? God knows what that would do to you in high amounts. I have promethazine tabs and APAP tabs, also a super high opiate tolerance from IV morph and oxycodone, 450mgs of codeine does nothing to me, but I'm submitting myself to withdrawals so it could be a good way to just ease it, sip a little when I'm feelin' sick ykno.

is there any way to extract the APAP and promethazine from the mixture? God knows what that would do to you in high amounts. I have promethazine tabs and APAP tabs, also a super high opiate tolerance from IV morph and oxycodone, 450mgs of codeine does nothing to me, but I'm submitting myself to withdrawals so it could be a good way to just ease it, sip a little when I'm feelin' sick ykno.

Promethazine is water soluble so you won't be able to extract much from the original tabs using a traditional Cold Water Extraction, my feathered friend.

Promethazine fucks with the codeine buzz....like I dunno how or why but just from personal experience used to take the phenergan (prometh.) to stop the itch but found that for some reason it didnt actually potentiate the codeine buzz as I thought it would as its actually an old anti psychotic and has hypnotic properties due to its anti histamine profile...similar to why avanza acts as a hypnotic... It might just be me and Ive been told you have to take the promethazine at a certain time...cant remember if its b4 or after the codeine and what dosage, but I tried it seems everything but it ruins it for me...same as prometh. with with smack....but now i love the itch anyways.. its sorta a sign that u are buzzing and the codeine/morpheine is affecting you, and its feels so good to scratch...but thats just me anyway...I have heard the contrary.

Promethazine is a 2d6 inhibitor if i recall correctly. Either that or possibly it's a 3a4 exciter meaning it breaks down the morphine quicker than usual.

It makes you feel more fucked because it makes you drowzy,
but you feel less euphoric.

I did about a week of experimenting with promethazine and codeine, and at that point had about 6 years experience with codeine. I found it to be less enjoyable overall.

Last edited:
Actavis is the American version of this and has twice the amount of Codeine, same amount of Prometh but with no APAP, thing is this stuff isn't available OTC and since it's glorified by rappers so heavily over there I'm sure it would be pretty hard to get a script for. I guess once you've built a strong tolerance to Promethazine the negative effects aren't as prominent.

I tried this stuff again a few months back, the delerient effects were heavy, I went loopy as hell. Never again.

Promethazine is a 2d6 inhibitor if i recall correctly. Either that or possibly it's a 3a4 exciter meaning it breaks down the morphine quicker than usual.

It makes you feel more fucked because it makes you drowzy,
but you feel less euphoric.

I did about a week of experimenting with promethazine and codeine, and at that point had about 6 years experience with codeine. I found it to be less enjoyable overall.

I had same experience. More drwsy, but less euphoric...

The whole culture comes from taking the syrup, 'po-en it up in two white Styrofoam cups, (double cups,) adding a sugary beverage like Sprite, and sometimes putting jolly-ranchers (lollies/sweets/candy) in as well. You're supposed to sip rather then skull it, looks like no one told em taking it all at once is the most effective way to get fucked up. I would think long term prometh abuse would be worse than the codeine abuse as well.

I might try this one day just for the novelty with Painstop. In fact I remember going into a pharmacy in China town and seeing an empty two-litre (i'm not exaggerating) tub sitting on a shelf that said "painstop," reading the ingredients and thinking "wtf?" No idea why they made one that big. Think it was a promo tub.

What city are you from infected? ;)

A$AP Rocky, the man responsible for purple drank going global is coming to Australia in a few weeks so I have a feeling Pain Stop sales will be at an all time high.

Sydney.

Lol, I hope not. I can see way too many kids taking no consideration for the APAP and fucking their livers up. I think codeine is still seen with a pretty dirty image in Aus and I don't think making it "fun" by turning it into "purple drank" will change much. I know in America (by watching videos from Juicy J, ASAP etc.) it's gaining popularity among suburban, college, white kids though.

For the record, I was sippin CWE's before they waz koo. ;)

Painstop night-time syrup tastes like Southern Comfort when mixed with Coke (Coca Cola) The day-time syrup doesn't contain promethazine, but it does have APAP/Codeine.

for starters lean doesnt have huge amounts of APAP. i dont understand either Pain-Stop nor "lean (prometh with codeine) misuse. its ridiculous.

i actually wanted to see what all the fuss was about so i bought myself a bottle, made the general american mix (ice cubes, sprite) and holy fuck it tastes good. used only 40ml which wouldve been 40mg codeine and if my maths is correct 60mg of promethazine, the codeine did nothing as i have a bit of a tolerance, but i have been using it a fair bit lately as ive had a fair amount of oxynorms and oxycontins, so just coz it tastes so nice i like making a mix and drink it reasonably quick as i down my dose of oxy (for the prometh to help nausea/itchyness) and its a nice way to do it instead of just taking prometh pills. also i have a prescription pill mug thanks to my missus haha, so its a bit of a novelty too. would certainly advice against trying to get high off the codeine in it coz of the 5ml = 5mg codeine, 6.5mg prometh and 120mg paracetamol so the prometh would overpower the codeine and the paracetamol is just too much, but alot of people are idiots and just love the 'fucked up' feeling of being sedated, which would just be the prometh, these are the same sort of people who think seroquel is mad dope coz it fucks ya up (and by that i mean just sedates the fuck outta ya n makes you hardly be able to get up off the couch hahaha)

thats just my 2 cents, apologies for the bad punctuation n grammar...

Bwaaa bwaa!...back when you had to ex test the splits to prove the good side showed up red!! Ah and also back the days where sudo was free for all.....