View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Packing For The Journey

New Material

Greenlighter
So, I've decided for my second trip on shrooms I'm going to take 4gs with 3gs of Syrian Rue. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on reducing the nausea. I've heard about the extraction process and the gel caps.

The gel caps seem easier than repeatedly boiling them over several hours. What do you guys think?

methoclopramide a little before eating the shrooms never fails me.

why the syrian rue btw?

Sounds like too much. The Syrian Rue will potentiate and enhance the effects of the mushrooms A LOT so it'd be worth cutting down either the syrian rue or the mushroom dose.
How much did you take on your 1st mushroom trip?

Don't know what extraction process your referring to but with Syrian Rue you can just make a lemon juice extract which is relatively easy.

At that dose it would be much more akin to an ayahuasca trip me thinks.
I would say no more than 2-2.5g of mushrooms

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I really don't want to go half-cocked into a situation. So I'll start by answering some questions. To Neurotic, I chose the Syrian Rue simply out of intellectual curiosity. I'm hoping for an experience where I'm lucid enough to reflect and ponder while I'm tripping, but powerful enough to facilitate such a thing. I'm hoping to find some insight. Whenever I first take a psychedelic I always do the first intake for recreational purposes or the experience, if you will.

This being my second time I'm seeking more introspective purposes. I know Rue potentates the trip so I fell it's a viable option though I'm inexperienced so I'm seeking advice. By the way, what is methoclopramide ?

Now, Blue Druid. Really appreciate the caution in regards to dosage. I just heard that 2-4g was common and wanted to confirm elsewhere. Now that you've said what you have I'm seriously considering lowering to 2gs. In regards, to your question I took 3.5 grams on my first trip. It was quite something. I saw the "phantom" of shapes, but they were flat and I couldn't really focus on them. I remember some other stuff like my hand contracting and expanding, colors becoming more pronounced, and the lines of my hand moving but no overt hallucinations.

In addition, I've heard about the Lemon Juice Extraction just never considered it.

Now, in response to Toast. The dosage of shrooms is staying the same as I don't have a scale to measure accurately. I will consider lowering the dose of Rue.

So I guess I will end on this final question. Will 2-2.5 grams be enough to potentiate my trip without losing touch with reality?

2 grams of rue could be strong as well but if you're alright with a possibly very powerful trip give it a shot; I'm not here to tell you what you can and cannot handle.
Honestly though with the way MAOI's work it seems like it would be harder to take a lower dose of MAOI and only have partial inhibition of MAO; it is much easier and more reliable to use the full 3g of rue and lower your dose of mushrooms.

I'm very familiar with taking maoi's and mushrooms - it's probably my favourite drug. I've only ever taken moclobemide as the MAOI - I prefer it to rue because it doesn't cause any nausea.

It needs pointing out that the maoi doesn't "potentiate" a mushroom trip. It's not going to make 2.5g feel like 5g - what it does it turn the mushroom trip into an oral DMT trip. So you get DMT visuals and the DMT bodyhigh which is different and quite a bit more psychedelic than psilocybin. I wouldn't always call it better than psilocybin but it can certainly leave psilocybin in the dust if it hits you in the right frame of mind. I'd definately keep the same dose of mushrooms and add enough rue to make sure you activate it. Taking a low does of rue will simply destroy the psilocybin trip and all you'll feel will be a threshold oral DMT trip - which is very disappointing and not as good as just taking the mushrooms by themselves. Either go the whole hog with the MAOI, or just take the mushrooms by themselves. Threshold oral DMT trips are a complete waste of time.

I can't help you with the rue dosage I'm afraid - as I said I've only ever used moclobemide. I never have any nausea but I know rue can sometimes cause nausea by itself. Good luck - mushrooms and an MAOI are the best way of experiencing the awesome but very friendly oral DMT.

Aren´t the usual 'anti nausea' ordinary meds not working anymore?

metoclopramide is the average OTC anti-nausea pill here, trade name is Plasil

sorry can't help you more, that's all i ever take for nausea really

Have you had Syrian rue seeds before? Those little bastards made me feel the sickest Ive ever felt off of a substance. Literally a three hour projectile vomit session. I shiver at the thought of combining with fungi!!

Have you had Syrian rue seeds before? Those little bastards made me feel the sickest Ive ever felt off of a substance. Literally a three hour projectile vomit session. I shiver at the thought of combining with fungi!!
Yeah, I too had some serious puke sessions with rue seeds, but when I was doing daily Ayahuasca I got used to them and they quit making me sick.
I'd suggest taking 3 grams of rue alone for two or three...four days even and then when you mix with the psychedelics, the nausea should be minimal...at least it worked for me.
I took 3-7 grams ground rue seeds daily as an antidepressant for quite a while and got very tolerant of them, they still worked though....THEN, one day after not having taken them for several weeks I took 3 or 4 grams with 100-150 mg DMT and it's probably the sickest I've EVER been...so watch out.
Personally, I didn't think rue did much to enhance the shroom high, just s t r e t c h e d it out and blunted the peak, at least for me...just my $.02.

I've all about the nausea that the seeds cause, but doesn't the extraction process negate that effect?

what it does it turn the mushroom trip into an oral DMT trip.
am I the only one who is always annoyed when Ismene spreads this message?

btw, ontopic: I wouldn't recommend a strong dose + a MAOi for your second mushroom experience... what other psychedelics are you familiar with?

Why so annoyed bag? I vaguely recall disagreeing with you once, have you still got a hard-on over it?

well, it is just that you keep on spamming your personal opinion all over PD and you are to high up on your horse to discuss it...

you could've just say something like "eating mushrooms with an MAOi gives me effects very close to oral DMT", which would be the same statement but emphasizing that is your personal anecdotal experience which might not hold true for everybody. yet all you do is writing the same posts all over again, never providing anything to discuss or any worthwhile information at all. and if anybody disagrees with you, you either ignore it or tell them, they're wrong (see the good old "ego-death" topic).

just saying...

My, you are still upset arn't you. And it was because I wouldn't agree with you about the ego-death wasn't it. I knew it :D

well this post just proves my point that you are not able to discuss your opinions with others. I am not upset you know, I just think, you are spreading misinformation, and this should not happen on bluelight.

What do you want to discuss bag? I've taken oral DMT around a hundred times and I've taken mushrooms and moclo about the same. Apart from the nausea I'm unable to tell the difference. Are you denying that's more valuable information that simply saying it "potentiates mushrooms"?

What experience do you have with oral DMT and mushrooms and moclo?

Your point being that someone who knows a thousand times more about these drugs than you shouldn't say anything?