• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ozempic is supposed to help with over eating as well as other addictions. Has anyone tried it?

I’m a radical centrist, but I value anecdotes in this case due to the fact that most agencies are captured, and corporatism rules the ‘facts’. I trust some studies, but it really depends on the methods/variables, and type of study. You can lie all day with statistics, but they can be valuable for some things. I do find it interesting when liberals find statistics useful, and when they do not. Like with crime stats etc.. Also the nature of this site makes it most suitable to find anecdotes, I can find research easy enough on Yandex and google.
Media should never be beleieve unless there are citing peer reviewed research to back up their claim. If they are then will you beleieve DN.

I say this with all due respect because I’ve read your writing and while I don’t agree with a lot of your views… you can argue a point not just stomp your feet and say this is like this because this is the way it is.

But maybe I’m reading your post wrong but it reminded me of something I always encounter in right wing leaning ppl (which I think it’s a safe bet to say you are?)….why do ppl on the right put so much weight into anecdotes? They are as reliable as straight up lies where only one person has to concede to the lie. If media lies at least a whole team of ppl has to agree on it and they have a reputation of sorts to protect…it’s not some anecdote from BigJim 420 69 patriot on twitter who has to answer to nobody and is anonymous.

A 2nd and really the big issue that reminds me of righties (again I’m not saying this is you)…it’s just something that I notice rampant on the right and I really try to apply the same scrutiny to the ppl on the left…is that righties don’t literally understand the difference and relative weight between statistics and anecdotes. They think anecdote has any weight and is a good as a statistic or empirically proven fact.

It bothers me I can’t even get my own parents to understand the difference between statistics and anecdotes. They se to think that their personal life experience of many anecdotes is some sort of statistic without accounting for any of the geographic or personal bias that would obviously accompany ones personal experiences in their little corner of life.
I agree with you @LucidSDreamr in more than one are on your message, but the actual central belief I disagree with. Anecdotal evidence is useful, Andy if you have a hundred rom even let’s say five people who don’t need know each other, even better if all five people are on different web sites, and all five people have experience reports for the same type of drug that they say experience withdrawals of some kind with similar symptomsrelating between experiences, yet you find in official literature that it’s non addictive, then you shouldn’t just blindly trust either the official letter or the anecdotes, but take both to be a definite possibility. Some drugs are only addictive to small population groups or maybe only half of people ever experience withdrawals after using for years.

Antidepressants for example, are marketed as non-habit forming, instead of withdrawals, they call it discontinuation syndrome, and send that it’s the same thing as withdrawal. And on top of that, a fairly high amount people seem immune to developing any kind of physical addiction even after long term use.msomthe anecdotes are correct.

Also the scientific studies partly rely on anecdotes, because they can’t prove that any of the participants are lying, Andy they need to ask them how they feel, how have you slept ect. And then that info that that person could have kpjust made up is made part of an official study.

I wouldn’t recommend believing something that has only five anecdotes sharing the same info, you generally want as high as a number as possible, the higher number, the higher the chance it could be true. Of course there’s exceptions, in life to that rule but generally, if it quacks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, there’s a good chance it’s a duck. And if one person says you have a tail, they’re crazy, if two say it, you think about it but not too seriously yet, and if three say you have a tail, maybe you should check if you have a tail.

Just friendly debate, not trying to call you out or talk shit, I just disagree with you on that specifically

Antidepressants for example, are marketed as non-habit forming, instead of withdrawals, they call it discontinuation syndrome, and send that it’s the same thing as withdrawal. And on top of that, a fairly high amount people seem immune to developing any kind of physical addiction even after long term use.msomthe anecdotes are correct.

Also the scientific studies partly rely on anecdotes, because they can’t prove that any of the participants are lying, Andy they need to ask them how they feel, how have you slept ect. And then that info that that person could have kpjust made up is made part of an official study.

I
I agree with a lot of what you said

But on the above stuff ADs being marketed as not habit forming is accruate in a sly way…nobody wants to repeats them they are just physical dependency causing drugs. Opiates on the other hand cause physical dependency and ppl actually want more.

But marketing just like media is untrue

If you go back to the peer reviewed science cessation withdrawals of antidepressants are well proven and even by diagnostic tests. Changes in ekg profile, heart rate, blood pressure, body temp, pupil dialation etc are all physical things tested not just taking the study participants word for it

The side effects from this is not worth it.

As to its use for over eating, one needs to also calorie count for this to work. It’s not the miracle it’s made out to be.

The side effects from this is not worth it.

As to its use for over eating, one needs to also calorie count for this to work. It’s not the miracle it’s made out to be.

If you enjoy having the shits, this drug is for you.
I don't think you have taken this drug. If anything, it makes you constipated (Or did my sister). It backs you up, and thus makes your stomach feel full longer. It also does some things with hormones that make it so your body cannot store body fat at the level it used to. I have not taken it, but it won't give you the shits. It may cause a slight upset stomach at first, but it will pass. Have you taken it? Did it give you the shits? I mean that in all sincerity. Sorry if it did. I am 6'3 and 190 lbs, but if I were fat/ oversight I'd for sure take it for health benefits. As far as helping out with other addictions like the guy asked? I have no clue on that. My sister stopped drinking alcohol on it and cut back on carbs and sweets in take. So that alone causes good health benefits like a better liver, healthier organs, weight loss, lower risk of heart disease, lower risk of diabetes, lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar, etc. The only thing is when you go off of it, you will gain it back unless you have changed to a healthier lifestyle. My guess is they want people to love the drug so much they stay on it. It makes living a healthier lifestyle as far as what you put into your body, much easier from what I could tell.

I took it for a few months and definitely lost weight but the nausea became too much so I had to quit.