• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ozempic is supposed to help with over eating as well as other addictions. Has anyone tried it?

Hey DN, I think this is something that someone like you has to confirm. Would we really believe any purported effects coming from the pamphlet from those companies? I think you are right to ask here as if there is anyway ozempic helps with other addiction we will here it here. Would be interesting to hear responses, but it is so new that I do not think we have enough data, and even if we did would we believe it from the powerful establishment?

Confirmation probably does have to come from people's experience. We'll see.

Hey DN, I think this is something that someone like you has to confirm. Would we really believe any purported effects coming from the pamphlet from those companies? I think you are right to ask here as if there is anyway ozempic helps with other addiction we will here it here. Would be interesting to hear responses, but it is so new that I do not think we have enough data, and even if we did would we believe it from the powerful establishment?

Confirmation probably does have to come from people's experience. We'll see.
I definitely believe anecdotes over corporate and state media claims, at this point. The Atlantic is essentially a propaganda arm of the pharma industry, so yep that’s why I want to see if anyone’s had experience with this stuff.

I definitely believe anecdotes over corporate and state media claims, at this point. The Atlantic is essentially a propaganda arm of the pharma industry, so yep that’s why I want to see if anyone’s had experience with this stuff.
Media should never be beleieve unless there are citing peer reviewed research to back up their claim. If they are then will you beleieve DN.

I say this with all due respect because I’ve read your writing and while I don’t agree with a lot of your views… you can argue a point not just stomp your feet and say this is like this because this is the way it is.

But maybe I’m reading your post wrong but it reminded me of something I always encounter in right wing leaning ppl (which I think it’s a safe bet to say you are?)….why do ppl on the right put so much weight into anecdotes? They are as reliable as straight up lies where only one person has to concede to the lie. If media lies at least a whole team of ppl has to agree on it and they have a reputation of sorts to protect…it’s not some anecdote from BigJim 420 69 patriot on twitter who has to answer to nobody and is anonymous.

A 2nd and really the big issue that reminds me of righties (again I’m not saying this is you)…it’s just something that I notice rampant on the right and I really try to apply the same scrutiny to the ppl on the left…is that righties don’t literally understand the difference and relative weight between statistics and anecdotes. They think anecdote has any weight and is a good as a statistic or empirically proven fact.

It bothers me I can’t even get my own parents to understand the difference between statistics and anecdotes. They se to think that their personal life experience of many anecdotes is some sort of statistic without accounting for any of the geographic or personal bias that would obviously accompany ones personal experiences in their little corner of life.

Media should never be beleieve unless there are citing peer reviewed research to back up their claim. If they are then will you beleieve DN.

I say this with all due respect because I’ve read your writing and while I don’t agree with a lot of your views… you can argue a point not just stomp your feet and say this is like this because this is the way it is.

But maybe I’m reading your post wrong but it reminded me of something I always encounter in right wing leaning ppl (which I think it’s a safe bet to say you are?)….why do ppl on the right put so much weight into anecdotes? They are as reliable as straight up lies where only one person has to concede to the lie. If media lies at least a whole team of ppl has to agree on it and they have a reputation of sorts to protect…it’s not some anecdote from BigJim 420 69 patriot on twitter who has to answer to nobody and is anonymous.

A 2nd and really the big issue that reminds me of righties (again I’m not saying this is you)…it’s just something that I notice rampant on the right and I really try to apply the same scrutiny to the ppl on the left…is that righties don’t literally understand the difference and relative weight between statistics and anecdotes. They think anecdote has any weight and is a good as a statistic or empirically proven fact.

It bothers me I can’t even get my own parents to understand the difference between statistics and anecdotes. They se to think that their personal life experience of many anecdotes is some sort of statistic without accounting for any of the geographic or personal bias that would obviously accompany ones personal experiences in their little corner of life.
I’m a radical centrist, but I value anecdotes in this case due to the fact that most agencies are captured, and corporatism rules the ‘facts’. I trust some studies, but it really depends on the methods/variables, and type of study. You can lie all day with statistics, but they can be valuable for some things. I do find it interesting when liberals find statistics useful, and when they do not. Like with crime stats etc.. Also the nature of this site makes it most suitable to find anecdotes, I can find research easy enough on Yandex and google.

I lost 15 kilos from June to December last year, but had to stop because of increasing anxiety..my daughter had the same issue
I had learned how to avoid the stomach issues through timing and content of meals
Have gained about half of that weight back, but trying hard to lose it again
I may try it again, when it becomes available for non diabetics in Australia, ad hope the anxiety does not re appear

Is this the one where you have to keep taking it forever?

I'm following another one in development for obesity that should start phase 2 trials in a few months

I’m a radical centrist, but I value anecdotes in this case due to the fact that most agencies are captured, and corporatism rules the ‘facts’. I trust some studies, but it really depends on the methods/variables, and type of study. You can lie all day with statistics, but they can be valuable for some things. I do find it interesting when liberals find statistics useful, and when they do not. Like with crime stats etc.. Also the nature of this site makes it most suitable to find anecdotes, I can find research easy enough on Yandex and google.
Sorry I don’t think it’s possible to lie in a peer reviewed science journal where the reviewers transcend country race geography and other beliefs or metrics. To the educated reader a statistic is absolute like 9 < 10.

You guys don’t understand how peer review works in the sciences. Ppl in India, Iraq,USA , China, Mexico everywhere agree that this is true and they repeat the experiments to make sure it’s true..with everybody even the ppl
That don’t want it to be true watching…in the end the entire scientific community like it or not agrees some result is true

See you just kinda reinforced what i mentioned that you guys don’t understand what a statistic is. It is a number not open to ideological slanting

Sorry I don’t think it’s possible to lie in a peer reviewed science journal where the reviewers transcend country race geography and other beliefs or metrics. To the educated reader a statistic is absolute like 9 < 10.

You guys don’t understand how peer review works in the sciences. Ppl in India, Iraq,USA , China, Mexico everywhere agree that this is true and they repeat the experiments to make sure it’s true..with everybody even the ppl
That don’t want it to be true watching…in the end the entire scientific community like it or not agrees some result is true

See you just kinda reinforced what i mentioned that you guys don’t understand what a statistic is. It is a number not open to ideological slanting
I don’t want to get into a political discussion here, but the peer review process is not what you think it is, it’s pretty flawed. This might be considered wrong think, but Brett wiestien breaks it down well.

I don’t want to get into a political discussion here, but the peer review process is not what you think it is, it’s pretty flawed. This might be considered wrong think, but Brett wiestien breaks it down well.

1) I don’t get informed via you tube videos I’ll only read even if it’s from a questionable source (you guys sure love your YouTube sources)

2) Brett Weinstein was an already bottom tier academic if you even want to calm him that from an unknown and low ranked university that couldn’t even cut it in that world and is now a YouTube conspiracy theorist which sadly probably pays more than being a real academic researcher at a mid to top tier university

1) I don’t get informed via you tube videos I’ll only read even if it’s from a questionable source (you guys sure love your YouTube sources)

2) Brett Weinstein was an already bottom tier academic if you even want to calm him that from an unknown and low ranked university that couldn’t even cut it in that world and is now a YouTube conspiracy theorist which sadly probably pays more than being a real academic researcher at a mid to top tier university
I think being humble and looking at things objectively is paramount. It’s a much better way to interpret things that are complex. We need more skeptics that are willing to speak out against the status quo. Credentialism has never done a thing for me tbh

That's not how peer review works. The reviewers don't have to "agree" with it, but it does have to meet the standards and rigor of said journal, and etc
Would you say capitalism has an influence over the process? If so, would said influence ever cause skepticism.

I lost 15 kilos from June to December last year, but had to stop because of increasing anxiety..my daughter had the same issue
I had learned how to avoid the stomach issues through timing and content of meals
Have gained about half of that weight back, but trying hard to lose it again
I may try it again, when it becomes available for non diabetics in Australia, ad hope the anxiety does not re appear
Interesting, sucks the side effects ruined it. Have you ever heard of nettle root? It suppresses my appetite, not sure if it’s bc it balances hormones or something. Amazing stuff all around

Shulgin didn’t really had best view of science magazines and I’m whit him on this. When I first encountered peer-review, and quite well rated magazine in certain field (I wont be specific to not self-incrminate) and was accustomed with its, well, back-stage, it turned out to be well performed money grabbing scam with some science sprinkled. Given it was in the field where a lot of money is turned around but still not nowhere as in pharmacy I can only imagine how bad it’s in their sector.

Hot off the press

• An oral drug from Pfizer causes a similar amount of weight loss as the blockbuster Ozempic injection, made by rival Novo Nordisk, according to results from a phase two clinical trial.

Interesting, sucks the side effects ruined it. Have you ever heard of nettle root? It suppresses my appetite, not sure if it’s bc it balances hormones or something. Amazing stuff all around

So this nettle root, I could go out and find fresh nettle and use the roots then? I’m willing to give it a try if I can forage it and not buy it.

-GC