• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Oxymorphone hell...slowly reclaiming my life

Sorry to hear that, B dog... refresh my memory... how many days clean are you now? It does get much better... I have good days and not so good days... but there are more and more good days, and less and less of the days that I experience PAWS. I have over 6 weeks clean, and today is a very good day, mainly because my sleep quantity and quality last night was outstanding. That does not happen every night, but often enough to give me hope.

I really need to address some chores out in my back yard and garage. I hope you hang in there!

Hey, b-dog... just be patient... 8 days off of subs is not such a very long time it takes time for our brains to re-set. What do you do to cope?

Showers. A little walking. Dr gave me some sleep aids that didn't help. My wife has been a rock. Inability to sleep and anxiety causing me the most probs. Last night was my best sleep night. Home it continues in that direction. Thanks for checking on me, it helps a ton.

OH yeah those HOT showers!!! i'll never forget them so dam good!! 8 days clean you got this b dog!! hang in there man insomnia does really suck. One day at a time.

Hi Sista, sounds like your kickin ass!!!!

Hey, POke. Just saying hi. Hoping you're doing well.
<3
Sim

OH yeah those HOT showers!!! i'll never forget them so dam good!! 8 days clean you got this b dog!! hang in there man insomnia does really suck. One day at a time.

Hi Sista, sounds like your kickin ass!!!!

Insomnia sure can be a PITA. I like to think of it like a challenge: "Okay, so it's 2am and I can't sleep. What can I do to amuse myself/not feel like a worthless piece of shit?" Depending on how activated/energetic/frantic my mind is, it can be as simple as merely washing my hands, although at other times I find night hikes are necessary ;)

I am just stopping by to see how your doing Poke ...I am thinking your out enjoying your new life and your grandbabies :)

Hi everybody... all my dear friends... 46 days clean today... yea!! Still taking it one day at a time, for sure. The good news... I am starting to rebuild the muscles that were so weak from sitting around sniffing pills... still walking everyday, and now add yard work and weeding to the mix. I am sure am achy today!! I weeded some on Monday, but Tuesday, I went a bit overboard, and did yardwork for something like 4-5 hours. Of course I took breaks, and switched up the chores as not to overuse any part of my body, but still.... whaaaaa!!

b-dog: My insomnia is gradually getting better... right now, I am getting 2 good night sleeps, and then one not very good. It sure beats those early days! For anxiety, I use a positive visualization CD, Ruth Naperstek is my favorite... find them on Amazon... all types, Depression, Grief, Trauma, but my favorite is the one to promote "restful/healthy sleep". I do deep breathing, and I had to use grounding in the early days, but not so much anymore. Just google it or check you tube. Hang in there... I think the worst is definitely over for you... now it is a matter of staying busy and keeping your mind distracted so that you don't focus on symptoms... which I tend to do, but am working on that on a daily basis.

Thanks Poke. Funny you mentioned you think the worst is over. Sleepless night last, forced myself to work but left at lunch time. Decided to not go home to the couch. Went to Sports Clips and got a haircut, and a head and face massage with a hot towel on the face, visited my daughter at work, then stopped at my brothers house and let him know what was going on. Got home and have felt the best since the start of this. Still feeling better. Hoping for sleep tonight. Going to watch playoff hockey on TV tonite. Thanks for all your kind words. I see where you are and I know there is hope

Hi poke i am having one of the insomnia nights ...i love gardening too ...i went out and looked at my weeds yesterday and thought msybe another day lol anyways i wanted to suggest maybe you would like to plant some milkweed for monarch butterflys they are in great perial however you spell that word anywsys in danger of becoming extint and may be put on the endangered list ...i am a citasen f"""csnt spell right now scientist and raised over 100 monarchs last year its a amazing hobby to add to your gsrden i am so excited for them to show up this year in may ....one of my tagged ones was found down in southern cali by my own professor who sends the tags and does the scietific side of it ...i just grow milkweed collect eggs and raise them to butterflys and set them free its so beautiful and magical your older grandchild would love the process...

I am so happy to hear how good your doing i am a few weeks behind you and not completly off but your posts inspire me ....

Totach: OMG!! Thank you for stopping by.... I miss you! I remember when you were getting clean, and posting regularly... was that like 2 or maybe even 3 years ago??? Time flies, unless you are withdrawing, or in the early days of being clean. Send me a message sometime and let me know how you are.

b-dog: yep... that is how it goes... but the better times begin to last longer... it is a gradual process... you are doing great!!! That self care... leaving work early, getting the hair cut and massage, spending time with family you like... that is what keeps us clean, and gets the endorphins flowing again. You are doing this!! I am so glad to have you for company on my journey.

Nomas: It sounds like you really know what you are doing re: monarch butterflies... thank you for suggestion about the milkweed... I will do a little research and see about that in my region, once I get a spare few minutes... I seem to be very busy.... time is going by a little faster. I guess since I quit watching the clock... that helps a lot!