• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OXYCONTIN IS DONE!!!!if u abuse them find somethen new

This is just going to make people upgrade to heroin. It's cheaper anyway

They must have a shit storm raining on top of them from all this Oxy talk in the media.

jake1234 - there is no such thing as too high of a dose of any opiate for suboxone not to work or leave u still sick. it will work if u do it correctly.

lol I think that the goverment kept pushing the company to try and make a "abuse proof pill" no way would this company that makes oxycontin would want to create a pill thats harder to abuse. think about it if your the president of the oxycontin company and people are crushing and snorting/injecting your painkillers they are getting way more high and way more addicted to it. Lol if I was the president I would never try and make my medication less abusable and therefore less addicting. My guess is the DEA/FDA threatend them with some shit if they didnt make a less abusable pill. hell the company is going to lose alot of money on this deal hehe. thats like a tobbacco company making ciggaretes with less nicotine, its just not good for the company

^^^ Purdue has been under attack by the gov to either discontinue of make the pills abuse-proof for some time now. I remember hearing like in 2002 that purdue was being sued due to the amount of people getting hooked on the OCs. I am actually surprised that they are still around.

its still around because to the people that need it and take it correctly it improves the quality of their lives so much. and the reason for them being on a timed release oxy instead of a timed release morphine or other opiate is because some people handle some opiates easier than other ones.

You would think it'd be impossible, but I've noticed that the Roccos made by Actavis (Amide) Pharma get a gel property to them.

now that you said that, I remember my boyfriend complaining that the "A's" (A215 roxi's) were the worst roxi's to shoot because it was hard to get all of the mixture in the syringe. They were still shootable, though, and nothing like that nasty looking glob of wet OC in that picture someone posted earlier in this thread. V's and M's all the way. Ah I have learned so much from going to college in Florida...

the Amid (or actavis, whatever you wanna call them) roxi's do not gel, but they seem to thicken up.

trick is, don't heat them, just use room temp water, and stir. if you dont' use micron filters and only use q-tips, like I do and most people do. then use the whole end of the q-tip. you want a big enough filter to where it won't get clogged with pill shit. you should be able to get most of the water out.

the best roxis to shoot in my book are the Mallinckrodt ones, mmmmm wish I had some now. I only got morphine SR's right now. but I'm gettin' by.

It never mentions the hose clamp in any of thier tests

July 1st tho? i thought it wasnt till the 1st of next year?

hose clamp dont work..i think they have finally done it. they are like gum and uncrushable.just break up into little pieces.

The "New Formula" when crushed picture looks exactly like the Malinckrodt (sp?) generic oxycodone tabs when you try to crush those.

The Malinckrodt generics have been using this exact same system for the last few years. They are a PAIN to grind with a grater. But I found that crushing them with something hard, and then parachuting the crushed pill got me WAY high. And I usually insufflate them.

I also noticed this article doesn't say anything about smoking the pills... I wonder if they are doing anything to combat that. I've never tried smoking the generics, haven't had them in a while.

If you want to see exactly what these new Purdue OC's are like, pick up some of these:
100_0068_0.jpg

Same thing, I'm almost positive.

They gel up and get stuck in your teeth and it's fucking GROSS. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Like I said, crush as much as you can, put into a paper towel, parachute. Best possible way to abuse orally with these new ones.

Also, someone else can shed more light on this, but there was a method for making them not gel up when they hit liquid by putting them in the microwave. From what I understand it's some kind of wax matrix woven into the pill that can be circumvented by microwaving the pills first

We've been hearing about Purdue reformulating Oxy for a long time now and it's never happened. I don't think OP's friend has the correct date, there are plenty of rumors going around, always have been always will be.

Also, this interesting quote from the slideshow:

So it will still be a while until we see our 80's being made "abuse proof." most other forms of oxycodone have SOME sort of mechanism from the manufacturer that makes them harder to abuse. Purdue has done NOTHING about this, except talk about it, for YEARS. Why? Because they don't want to! Every time Oxycontin gets mentioned in the news, that is free advertising, every time a Doc prescribes OC (for a valid reason or not, Purdue doesn't care) they get paid. So why would Purdue want to make their drug abuse proof and lose half of their customers potentially? Ourdue does NOT mind how easily their product is abused. Shit, we can't even have more than 10mg of Hydrocodone in a pill in the US withouot it being accompanied with 375mg+ of APAP, but Purdue gets away with putting 80mg of OXYCODONE in a pill with NO other active ingredients?!

This presentation/article is two years old, and these new formulations are still not on the market.

Also the only things on Google having anything to do with Oxycontin and the date "July 1st" are this thread, and two others on Topix talking about the same thing. No official news, no reputable resources, nothing. With all the negative press that Oxy has been getting for killing people/getting people hooked, you better believe that Purdue is going to want to announce this ASAP to as many people as they can so that everyone will say, "Awww, how great of Purdue! Stop those stupid addicts in their tracks!" (No pun intended.)

Remember when Purdue was supposedly putting capsicum powder in OC tabs? To prevent them from being snorted or shot, but when taken orally, like you are supposed to, they would have no negative effects. I think the rumor was that was happening a year or two ago, and that still hasn't happened either.

I'll bet you an 80mg pill that we still have our normal green OC 80's by the end of this year.

well i guess you owe someone an 80 because i go to a doc in Fla and we just got the OP 80s from our pharm..word is purdue is swapping them out with the old/good ones today is 08/18/10 and the new shitty 1s are here...FUCK!!!!

Doubtful. It's all roxicodone that is given out down here, I don't think I have met a single person who goes to the candy stores that have gotten XR oxy. It's pretty much all roxi, 15mg and 30mg with like 240 (blue) 120 (green) pills in scripts.

excuse me...My wife and i are chronic pain patients..we are dependent on our medication. We both get OC . We almost always use as directed but occasionally on really bad days do or used to insufflate our 80s. i think this change will have a pretty big impact down here in Fla 1 way or another.and will certainly change things. not exactly sure how . But Im sure big changes are coming soon...

by the way the new flat OP 80s seem to provide a decent bit of relief when taken as prescribed . what do you all think??

excuse me...My wife and i are chronic pain patients..we are dependent on our medication. We both get OC . We almost always use as directed but occasionally on really bad days do or used to insufflate our 80s. i think this change will have a pretty big impact down here in Fla 1 way or another.and will certainly change things. not exactly sure how . But Im sure big changes are coming soon...

by the way the new flat OP 80s seem to provide a decent bit of relief when taken as prescribed . what do you all think??

They should be pretty damned good for pain relief now, since they're better at actually releasing over 12 hours.