• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OXYCONTIN IS DONE!!!!if u abuse them find somethen new

well i was sniffing 12- 15 15mg oxy ir's a day before so i thought id easily get by with 10 20mg ocs a day and it has been a week and i have gone through 90 of my 20's and am not betting the buzz i used to at all. it seems to work best if i just swallow 2 at a time and chew one up, i can sleep longer than 3 hrs w/o waking up sick and needing to sniff a pill. im thinking that if i had oc 60 and just swallowed it 3 x a day i wouldn't be high but i wouldn't be sick either and i could just get on with my life. i have an appointment with a pain dr next week. my pcp refered me because he wouldn't up the 90 15mg irs he gives me a month and i HEARD about this guy so he gave me the referral. my pcp is the one that suggested pain mang dr. and i also get rxs off my rhuematologist each month 60 20s and 180 15s. bewteen the 2 drs i do ok as long as my s.o stays out of them and he just went back on subs so should be ok there. what im wondering is should i tell the pm dr ive been getting rx off both drs and want him to just manage my pain soley. that i didn't realize i was committing a crime, and i didnt really realize just how much trouble i could get in. or should i just feel him out the first visist and see how it goes. he thinks im just getting the 90 15's a month. how do i approach this subject or justify the high dosages im on. yeah tolerance builds fast. and im gonna tell him i have to take more its just my pcp doesn't want to hear it. any suggestions or as anyone gone through similar thing and how ddi you handle it? im on interferon inj every week and they make you feel like your in withs. the first month or so i kept taking more and more of my meds thinking that was what was wrong cuz they just didn't seem to work and by the time i realized it didnt matter how many i did i was just going to feel like shit for 3-4 days. by then my tolerance was up and i needed that many. i would like to get my tolerance down so any suggestions out there on how to reduce my dose myself to get it back to say 8 or 10 irs a day from 15 - 20. if i cut my dose in half for 4 days and just deal with the sickness would i eventually feel better and be able to maintain on the half dosage or am i just doomed? i don't care about being high anymore i just want to not be sick at this point. im weaning off to subs after interferon tx is over anyway. but there is no way subs will work for me at the dosages im on now 250-300 mg a day without being sick for 4-8 days. i know thats alot of requests here but any insight or advice on the dr and dosage redux would be appreciated

Good god, a Dr that doesnt realise that Oxy is Oxy??

Like the brand name whores around my way that call or text w/ding askin..."m"s? "v"s? who cares, ya tool...its oxycodone and youll feel better and maybe even get high....

I can agree that roxis dont do much after a qwhile, Ive been scribed i.r.15s for 2 years, and sometimes sniffing 10 over a few hours just gives a slight mellow buzz.

Seems that eating an o.c.80 or 2 gets a good buzz going still, it does feel different to me somehow.

Ive grown quite a crazy tolerance since ive injured myself horibly over the past few years....nothing to be proud of at all, but it does suck when you want to get high, and not just "maintain"

Yea my DR is an idiot.. lol

There's NO WAY to make a pill abuse-proof. Someone, somewhere is ALWAYS going to find a way to abuse it.

Yep, Purdue thought the same thing about Hydromorph Contins....if you have the patience you can inject or snort the beads inside the capsules, all you need is a mortar and pestle...it sucks but it works.

Jake1234

You mentioned that you were getting interferon injections every week. I have a friend who had real bad hepititis and was getting that too and it's very harsh treatment. So that may be why you're feeling ill and the meds aren't doing what they used to. I live in Florida and suddenly we have a shortage of oxy thanks to new legislation. My doctor has always dispensed my 15 mg oxy IR but can do so no longer. He told me that people are scrambling to pharmacies which are price gouging the 30's are going for up to seven dollars a piece! Due to financial constraints, I've been just taking vicodin. So it's a change, but necessary. I don't get really buzzed the same way but better than getting sick you know. Wish you the best. ~Theresa

I am in Australia, I obtained a few 80mg OXYCONTINS yesterday that I can only assume were recently filled as they were being sold on the black market by the person the script belonged to in an area well known for high drug use rates. They are the usual OC 80's which crush as usual.

I hope they don't implement these changes in Australia, seeing as how oxycontin abuse in this country is relatively minimal compared to in the US.

^I love Australia.. I hope they don't change it there either.. I hope they don't change it at all..

Hey nowdb I got your pm but I can't pm you back but need to get ahold of you anyway you could pm me your nmber?

There will always be a way if addicts want it, they'll get it. They tried making crush proof tabs for like Ritalin SA/LA. If not everyone will switch to Heroin or Opana. Sooner or Later, People will figure out a way to crush em.

Last edited:
I always found OC to work the best when you eat them anyways. There really is no reason to snort them as I believe the bio is above %80 if you just eat the damn things. Now injecting them well thats a whole new ball game that I would rather not play but to each his own. Stay safe my brothas from anotha motha!!

The official literature from purdue that shows their pill pictures, shipping wrappers, and bottles (for pharamacies to be sure they received legitimate meds) is still showing the old markings. I dunno if they're just late to fix it, or if the OP thing was only for in-lab testing purposes.

Okay. In new york me buddy got OCs in the plastic and foil, were u push them out. They were the new ones. It said OC 80 Just like the old ones, but they were hard as a rock. He said they suck. But what i also saw was that on the foil, It said Oxycodone/acetmenophin