• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Oxycontin - 1st time - zero tolerance

Cut out all the DXM and antacids and whatnot beforehand. Just rail a bigger amount, somewhere around 20mg at least (I would suggest more, but thats just not in the spirit of harm reduction, as you sound pretty opiate naive.) Then wait about 30mins (maybe a bit less) and if you're not feeling the initial waves of euphoria, rail a bit more and smoke some dank. Then put on your favorite music. That should do the trick. :)

Tried another 20mg (oral) on Fri night with a Tagamet 1 hour prior. Same lameness.

Tried another 20mg (oral) on Sat night with no other potentiators. Same lameness.

I don't want to go above 20mg because it just seems to make me all the more tired during the "nodding" phase. And I'm not a fan of "nodding," I only use drugs when I'm going out and I want to be sociable. And falling asleep certainly doesn't keep the conversation going =D

So, I don't know. It's definitely just a "numbness." It's better than nothing though. I guess I'll finish the 5 pills I bought and call it quits. I'm not a fan of snorting stuff, and I'd rather die than shoot anything (I pass out around needles :eek: ), so I'm limited to oral consumption. I've come to the conclusion that oral Hydrocodone is just flat out more enjoyable to me than oral Oxy.

it has been said many times (i'm sure it has in here as well) that you don't really catch the tru opiate hi ur first time. I think this is because (well in my case) i was expecting a complete head/body change similar to marijuana. however, opiates are very subtle and sneaky ;0

GETYAGUN!!11 said:
it has been said many times (i'm sure it has in here as well) that you don't really catch the tru opiate hi ur first time. I think this is because (well in my case) i was expecting a complete head/body change similar to marijuana. however, opiates are very subtle and sneaky ;0

Yep...you really gota learn to appreciate your oxycontin. Its not a in your face euphoria like mushrooms can have and mdma definately has. for me, the euphoria comes from the whole process. Shaving the pill down, lining it up, and snorting...the wonderful taste of the drip...mmmm oh god now i want oxy. I start gettin euphoric when i buy the pill...i dont even have to take it yet and ill start feeling great.

Im the exact opposite of you tho (the op). I love the nod! The nod is a large part of what im seeking when i do oxycontin. Dont fight it! Enjoy it:D. Also, i used to love hydrocodone. But after taking it 500 times it became a very, very generic high. Almost to the point of feeling normal on it, even tho i felt normal before taking the hydro:\ Just keep trying

I loved oc's the first time I did them. Granted I had much experience with other opiates. The first time I did oc's I did a 20mg in one line followed by another 20 about 2 hours later. I fell in love with it. With that said maybe its better for you in the long run that you didn't enjoy it?

^^ Same man:) first time i did oc's i absolutley loved them. I had no previous experience either apart from some 2 weaker opiates (codeine and dihydrocodeine)
40mg up the nose, 20mins later im in heaven!

Tried again last night (which would make it the 4th time).

Regimen:
8:00pm - when I last ate
9:00pm - drank 8 oz of grapefruit juice. I chopped another 20mg into dust, then poured it into a mini (50ml) bottle of vodka.
10:00pm - after allowing an hour for the juice to kick in and for the oxycodone to leach out into the vodka, I drank the contents of the mini bottle.

Let me just say, I'm not sure whether it was the grapefruit potentiation or the fact that I completely disable the time-release mechanism by soaking the dust in vodka, but DAMN - it hit me much faster than snorting did. Within 2 - 3 minutes, I was completely out of it. I barely made it to my couch before I started to nod out.

In other words, another LAME experience. I spent the next few hours fighting to stay awake. And I was nodding/itching until about 7:00am. Just like the last few times, it was not euphoric or fun in any way. And according to the research papers I've read, by inhibiting the 3A4 enzyme, up to 92% of the oxycodone in my body was converted to oxymorphone during the 1st pass metabolism. So I guess I wouldn't like oxymorphone either :\

First off I would cut out all alcohol during your attempts and cut out trying to potentate it for now.

My advice would be the way I learned. Get a 40 (or 80 if your careful) , grind that shit down, form lines and do one, wait 5 minutes or so and repeat until you are where you want to be. voila!

Also since you like hydros, have you tried stepping up to percocets? seems like the next logical step.

Or do the wise thing, write it off and don't mess with them any more. I knew if I never messed with them I would be a rich man now!

strigoi, percocet = oxycodone = oxycontin. he doesn't like oxy.

Man, you are better off trading those OCs for something else. I got the exact same FX from oxy as you - it never was fun, it was like all the bad effects from coke and opiates combined. So horrible. It never turned into fun, even after doing it dozens and dozens of times over the course of a couple years. OC is great for pain mgmt, but for recreational use, stay awake. Really easy to get addicted to, even though you don't enjoy it.

GETYAGUN!!11 said:

I think I know what causes this. Usually, people begin experimenting with "soft drugs" like marijuana. So they smoke some weed and get some DRAMATIC effects (altered perceptions of reality, etc).

And so they think, if a "soft drug" did this much to me, then surely a "hard drug" (like cocaine or heroin) will completely ROCK my world.

They go out and do a line of coke or H, and..."WTF? Where are the pink elephants?" They were expecting these "hard drugs" to be more trippy. Instead, they're more of a simulation of "natural body highs" (like orgasm).

Just to chime in, oxy has been popular around here lately. At first I also thought it was complete crap and didn't understand how people could enjoy it. I felt little, often times puked, but it grew on me. Now 30mg and 2 beers (MAX! I often don't drink all of #2) and i'm fucked up nodding out and feeling great. I still puke more often then not, just a hazard of snorting opiates I think, but it's really fucking nice. I hope I can get some tonight! :D

I have an infinitesimal tolerance and use sparingly (a few times per month, max) and the effects are nice. A little nod. Some good conversation and then finish out the night with opiate dreams. I know I do a lot less then most people, so try snorting half of one at once or smoking like 40-80mg. I like smoking oxy quite a bit actually, perhaps even more then snorting it but it's a fuck of a lot more expensive because it you lose some from burning it, you lose smoke if you miss the foil, but it's faster and more of a 'rush' that leaves you feeling silly quick.

Whatever, have fun, just don't fucking kill yourself with it. Those 80's are nice, so just ease into em.

Last edited:
I knew it was the same ingredient, but taking 4 5mg percs were different than taking an OC 20. I am sure its the acetaminophen that mixes with the oxy to get a different feel buzz.

psychetool said:
Just to chime in, oxy has been popular around here lately. At first I also thought it was complete crap and didn't understand how people could enjoy it. I felt little, often times puked, but it grew on me. Now 30mg and 2 beers (MAX! I often don't drink all of #2) and i'm fucked up nodding out and feeling great. I still puke more often then not, just a hazard of snorting opiates I think, but it's really fucking nice. I hope I can get some tonight! :D

I have an infinitesimal tolerance and use sparingly (a few times per month, max) and the effects are nice. A little nod. Some good conversation and then finish out the night with opiate dreams. I know I do a lot less then most people, so try snorting half of one at once or smoking like 40-80mg. I like smoking oxy quite a bit actually, perhaps even more then snorting it but it's a fuck of a lot more expensive because it you lose some from burning it, you lose smoke if you miss the foil, but it's faster and more of a 'rush' that leaves you feeling silly quick.

Whatever, have fun, just don't fucking kill yourself with it. Those 80's are nice, so just ease into em.

Smoking pills is both not worth the money, and very harmful to your health. The fillers and binders melted and burned are cery bad for your lungs. If you want to smoke opiates get some opium, tar Heroin, or do an extraction on the pills. buy enough to make it worth it. If you dont care about your self, thats fine. But please do not suggest to other people that smoking pills is okay.

I knew it was the same ingredient, but taking 4 5mg percs were different than taking an OC 20. I am sure its the acetaminophen that mixes with the oxy to get a different feel buzz.

Taking 4 5 mg percocets will give you the exact same buzz that an Oxy 20 will. If you snort it you will get a better buzz, but snorting percocet can give you Pulmonary Edema. Acetaminophen is not psychoactive because it blocks pain by a different mechanism than opiates. I wish tylenol gave u a opiate buzz though!!

Last edited:
I disagree...for some reason (its not placebo...tried both types hundreds of times) and i do get a different buzz from percocet and oxycontin...same compared to oxycontin and roxicodone. Theres not a big difference, but enough to notice...Odd huh?

It's not odd at all. APAP potentiates the analgesic affect of opiates. So taking Vicodin/Percocet will make you feel more numb than taking just Hydro/Oxycodone.

psychedelicious said:
Man, you are better off trading those OCs for something else. I got the exact same FX from oxy as you - it never was fun, it was like all the bad effects from coke and opiates combined. So horrible. It never turned into fun, even after doing it dozens and dozens of times over the course of a couple years. OC is great for pain mgmt, but for recreational use, stay awake. Really easy to get addicted to, even though you don't enjoy it.

Damn, dude, I'm kinda surprised you didn't like oxy. I fucking loved it, I had done my fair share of hydrocodone, codeine, and tramadol before I finally tried OC, and that's what made me an addict. Sniffed a whole 80 the first time I did it, though, and was probably more "fucked up" and euphoric than pretty much anything I'd ever done at that point (6 years ago).

Like everyone has said, though, it's probably best to just distance yourself, as the addictive qualities of said substance are through the roof. It was a very short gap of time, for me, between taking one every couple of days, and then taking 2-3 OC80s a day...then when I couldn't afford it or get it, I would have to supplement with fentanyl (not safe) or take fucktons of hydrocodone/APAP (ruining my fucking liver). Fun stuff, though.

Yeah i have friends that will take a 30 mg blue boy over a 40 mg oxy (same price, or even LESS FOR THE OXY) ne day.

Background: In the past (a year or two ago) I came upon a bottle of vicodin 5/500s. I absolutely *loved* these things and quickly discovered that 15mg of hydro combined with 2 shots of liquor was the most euphoric thing I had ever experienced. The bottle was small, so I was only able to get ~5 experiences out of it, but I loved it each and every time.

Fast forward: I scored a few OC80s last week and was extremely excited to try them and return to the opiate feeling that I had enjoyed so much in the past. After extensive research, I decided on the following regimen:

8:00pm - Consumed 60mg of DXM HBr.
9:00pm - Consumed 3 Tums Ultra antacids

I then carefully cut an OC80 in 1/8ths. I figured if 15mg of hydro was a good dose, then 10mg of oxy would be a good equivalent. So I crushed the 10mg into dust and ate it. I was told that the effects would take 30min to kick in after oral consumption (my stomach was nearly empty), so I decided to wait it out.

9:30pm - Feeling "buzzed," but not a in a good way. Feeling dizzy and inhibitionless. ZERO euphoria.

10:00pm - Still zero euphoria. The feeling of being "buzzed" is greater, but it doesn't feel good. It's not fun in any way.

10:30pm - I feel about the same. I decide to crush another 10mg into dust and carve it into 2 lines. Having never before snorted anything in my entire life, I snort one of the lines.

10:35 - It's only been 5 mins, but I feel a lot more "fucked up." I'm completely inhibitionless and am talking with my friends about stuff I would never mention if I were sober. I kind of feels like I'm drunk, except I could talk normally. And it was much less fun than being drunk. ZERO euphoria.

10:45pm - I snort the other 5mg. There is now 20mg in me.

11:00pm - I start to realize that this drug simply isn't going to be fun or make me feel good. I decide to pound 3 shots of liquor to see if it gets better.

11:15pm - The alcohol added to the "fucked up" feeling, yet still no euphoria. I'm thinking this whole night sucked. I can still easily think about my problems at work, problems at school, relationship problems, etc. I vividly remember that my experiences on hydro made me forget about my problems *completely* to the extent that I didn't have a care in the world. The oxy is NOT doing the same thing.

11:30pm - 2:30am - I feel about the same this whole time. Around 2:00am is when I start feeling completely at baseline, except for the incredible nod that I was desperately trying to fight. I say goodbye to my friends and they leave. I shower and finally get to go to bed.

2:30am - 6:00am - I'm in that familiar "nod" state, where I fade in and out between consciousness and dreamland. The itchies took hold around midnight, but they subside by about 3:00am.

So that's it. This was all last night by the way. In a nutshell, it sucked ass and I was horribly disappointed, especially considering the exorbitant amount of money I spent on these pills. My brother, who was my partner in crime last night, ended up having a lame time as well. Keep in mind, he:

1. Is on a prescription SSRI
2. Is on prescription adderall
3. Has ZERO tolerance to any opiate

Given his increased dopamine levels from the adderall and decreased CYP2D6 levels from the SSRI, I figured he would feel CRAZY high compared to me. Alas, he did not. He had the same shitty time I did. And get this - by the end of the night, he had snorted an ENTIRE pill. That's right, with zero tolerance, and despite my explicit warnings, he crushed and snorted 80mg. He also claimed to not have a fun time, and he was nodding hard as early as midnight.

My final thoughts:
1. I want my money back.
2. This shit sucks.
3. How on Earth do people get hooked on this stuff?
4. Trying to pee while on this stuff is neigh impossible. It took me 20mins of concentrating just to get the flow going.

substancecode_oxycontin
substancecode_oxycodone
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_pharms
Well it's different for everyone I was prescribed Percocets for a shoulder injury that was my first experience with opioids it made me really tired happy and carefree and if I stay up long enough it causes an almost orgasmic feeling of euphoria not even alcohol can compare but some of my other friends that take opioids say that it stimulates them it puts me to sleep and tramadol Bearly kills pain and causes no euphoria when I use it

Pfft. MDMA has nothing on mushrooms in terms of body high ;) Mushrooms, once you get past the initial anxiety hump, can be *incredibly* narcotic-like in the body. Very much like the dilaudid I got in the hospital but far warmer and more active. Like the soft fuzzy blanket wasn't just wrapping me up but was in fact alive, pulsating and massaging me and giving me a righteous knob-slobbing at the same time. Ah, mushrooms :)
I love the body high from mushrooms, it's like the body high from MDMA and opiates times 10