Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Oxycontin - 1st time - zero tolerance

Fail Fighter

Bluelighter
Background: In the past (a year or two ago) I came upon a bottle of vicodin 5/500s. I absolutely *loved* these things and quickly discovered that 15mg of hydro combined with 2 shots of liquor was the most euphoric thing I had ever experienced. The bottle was small, so I was only able to get ~5 experiences out of it, but I loved it each and every time.

Fast forward: I scored a few OC80s last week and was extremely excited to try them and return to the opiate feeling that I had enjoyed so much in the past. After extensive research, I decided on the following regimen:

8:00pm - Consumed 60mg of DXM HBr.
9:00pm - Consumed 3 Tums Ultra antacids

I then carefully cut an OC80 in 1/8ths. I figured if 15mg of hydro was a good dose, then 10mg of oxy would be a good equivalent. So I crushed the 10mg into dust and ate it. I was told that the effects would take 30min to kick in after oral consumption (my stomach was nearly empty), so I decided to wait it out.

9:30pm - Feeling "buzzed," but not a in a good way. Feeling dizzy and inhibitionless. ZERO euphoria.

10:00pm - Still zero euphoria. The feeling of being "buzzed" is greater, but it doesn't feel good. It's not fun in any way.

10:30pm - I feel about the same. I decide to crush another 10mg into dust and carve it into 2 lines. Having never before snorted anything in my entire life, I snort one of the lines.

10:35 - It's only been 5 mins, but I feel a lot more "fucked up." I'm completely inhibitionless and am talking with my friends about stuff I would never mention if I were sober. I kind of feels like I'm drunk, except I could talk normally. And it was much less fun than being drunk. ZERO euphoria.

10:45pm - I snort the other 5mg. There is now 20mg in me.

11:00pm - I start to realize that this drug simply isn't going to be fun or make me feel good. I decide to pound 3 shots of liquor to see if it gets better.

11:15pm - The alcohol added to the "fucked up" feeling, yet still no euphoria. I'm thinking this whole night sucked. I can still easily think about my problems at work, problems at school, relationship problems, etc. I vividly remember that my experiences on hydro made me forget about my problems *completely* to the extent that I didn't have a care in the world. The oxy is NOT doing the same thing.

11:30pm - 2:30am - I feel about the same this whole time. Around 2:00am is when I start feeling completely at baseline, except for the incredible nod that I was desperately trying to fight. I say goodbye to my friends and they leave. I shower and finally get to go to bed.

2:30am - 6:00am - I'm in that familiar "nod" state, where I fade in and out between consciousness and dreamland. The itchies took hold around midnight, but they subside by about 3:00am.

So that's it. This was all last night by the way. In a nutshell, it sucked ass and I was horribly disappointed, especially considering the exorbitant amount of money I spent on these pills. My brother, who was my partner in crime last night, ended up having a lame time as well. Keep in mind, he:

1. Is on a prescription SSRI
2. Is on prescription adderall
3. Has ZERO tolerance to any opiate

Given his increased dopamine levels from the adderall and decreased CYP2D6 levels from the SSRI, I figured he would feel CRAZY high compared to me. Alas, he did not. He had the same shitty time I did. And get this - by the end of the night, he had snorted an ENTIRE pill. That's right, with zero tolerance, and despite my explicit warnings, he crushed and snorted 80mg. He also claimed to not have a fun time, and he was nodding hard as early as midnight.

My final thoughts:
1. I want my money back.
2. This shit sucks.
3. How on Earth do people get hooked on this stuff?
4. Trying to pee while on this stuff is neigh impossible. It took me 20mins of concentrating just to get the flow going.

substancecode_oxycontin
substancecode_oxycodone
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_pharms

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people actually don't care to feel good or bad, they just want numbness. That feels 'good' in comparison.

Really what good is any opiate, when you consider how shallow it is to feel pleasure for no reason, with no work for it, knowing that it is leading you nowhere.

Still, I'd drink toilet water if there was some cough syrup with codine in it.

I clearly remember my first time with oxy. It sucked. I barely felt shit.

And I know where you're coming from. I had developed a strong affinity for hydrocone and thought the world of morphine. I was waiting for oxy to be everything that I had hoped it would be.

I figured Rush Limbaugh wouldn't have gotten strung out on it if it was anything less than spectacular.

I railed up 30 mg. That was 15 mg in each nostril.

I felt kind of buzzed, but nothing near euphoria. Ironically, the pain for which it was prescribed was completely gone.

So, like you, I thought I was going to have a ridiculous tolerance to oxy. Turns out after using it for about 9 months straight, I can still get a solid buzz from snorting 10 mg -- no joke.

Just hang in there and take your time with it. Snort little lines and wait for each one to take its effect on you. Eventually you'll be a full-fledged oxy junkie like yours truly.

sponger said:
I clearly remember my first time with oxy. It sucked. I barely felt shit.

And I know where you're coming from. I had developed a strong affinity for hydrocone and thought the world of morphine. I was waiting for oxy to be everything that I had hoped it would be.

I figured Rush Limbaugh wouldn't have gotten strung out on it if it was anything less than spectacular.

I railed up 30 mg. That was 15 mg in each nostril.

I felt kind of buzzed, but nothing near euphoria. Ironically, the pain for which it was prescribed was completely gone.

So, like you, I thought I was going to have a ridiculous tolerance to oxy. Turns out after using it for about 9 months straight, I can still get a solid buzz from snorting 10 mg -- no joke.

Just hang in there and take your time with it. Snort little lines and wait for each one to take its effect on you. Eventually you'll be a full-fledged oxy junkie like yours truly.

But it sucks. Why would I even do it again? I was expecting "It makes you feel so unbelievably good that you'll immediately get hooked." Instead I got "It sucks ass, but keep at it and eventually you'll get hooked."

The goal is euphoria, not addiction!!

nguboi said:
Just a suggestion, maybe try the oxy with nothing else in you, no DXM especially.

That's the plan. Maybe I'll feel like trying it again next weekend.

I'm so bummed. I've NEVER tried a drug that I enjoyed or felt like doing again. My body sucks. In fact, the existing drugs are LESS enjoyable each time I try them. I can barely even stand to drink anymore.

Oh well. Next up on the "to try" list: MDMA. That damn well better give me a body high.

Just don't take DXM first and you should be good to go (with the MDMA). MDMA + DXM is a very dangerous combo.

It sucked at first. It got better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Now I enjoy it a whole lot. Sorry if I did not clarify that properly.

sponger said:
It sucked at first. It got better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Now I enjoy it a whole lot. Sorry if I did not clarify that properly.

Ah. Sweet. I'll prob. test it again tomorrow night.

Also, a side effect I forgot to mention - it made me incredibly horny and gave me random boners throughout the night. Unfortunately, it also made it impossible to ejaculate, so I tried jerking off for like an hour and finally gave up due to exhaustion... So it could be good or bad for sex, depending on how you view it. :\

Yes I find it almost impossible to ejaculate while on oxy. I try to take a break every so often just so I can get off a couple of times, which is necessary for prostate health.

Ejaculatory fluids in the prostate contain toxins and calcium deposits, which are harmful to the prostate. Ejaculation essentially flushes out the prostate, which is good for it.

I find hydrocodone far more euphoric than oxycodone... However, the apathy that oxy can supply is nice. If you keep at it, some euphoria does eventually break through... I wouldn't say its worth it, though.

You got lucky -- stop while you are ahead. The worst thing that could have happened is you "loved" it.

The first time I took Percocet after minor surgery in the late 1980's and I barfed. I thought, "how could anyone get hooked on this?"

Its NOT how good you feel when you take it -- its how BAD you feel during W/D that keeps most people using it (for non-medicinal purposes).

If you are in pain, and need to stay home and watch TV, surf the web, etc. Oxy relieves the pain and is enjoyable. For people not in medical need, its rarely the super enjoyable experience they expect. A lot of my friends have taken it a few times (aged mid 40's to mid 60's) and they all have said its over rated except for pain control.

I don't think I would ever have started taking Oxy on a regular basis if not for chronic pain. The sexual side effects alone should discourage most healthy young men from taking it. When I was in my early 20's, I would not have given up sex for Oxy.

Now (mid 50's) when I mention sex to my wife, she suggest I take another pill.

Last edited:
Pfft. MDMA has nothing on mushrooms in terms of body high ;) Mushrooms, once you get past the initial anxiety hump, can be *incredibly* narcotic-like in the body. Very much like the dilaudid I got in the hospital but far warmer and more active. Like the soft fuzzy blanket wasn't just wrapping me up but was in fact alive, pulsating and massaging me and giving me a righteous knob-slobbing at the same time. Ah, mushrooms :)

The Monkey Mantra said:
Pfft. MDMA has nothing on mushrooms in terms of body high ;) Mushrooms, once you get past the initial anxiety hump, can be *incredibly* narcotic-like in the body. Very much like the dilaudid I got in the hospital but far warmer and more active. Like the soft fuzzy blanket wasn't just wrapping me up but was in fact alive, pulsating and massaging me and giving me a righteous knob-slobbing at the same time. Ah, mushrooms :)

Wow, thanks for the comparison! I've tried shrooms a few times and the body high was insane. That's more or less what I compare other drugs to, in terms of euphoria. Although it's kind of a bummer now knowing that other drugs won't compare to shrooms :p .

In a way you should feel lucky you don't like it too much. If you did you'd have one foot in the addiction puddle...

One question...you are absolutely positive they were oxy's. Since both of you didn't have euphoria its just kind of wierd. I remember the first time I took an oxy I had tons of euphoria for many hours. And once when I was at a phish concert I bought a pill that was supposed to be morphine and didn't feel much from it but then got liquid morphine and pills few year later and got tons of euphoria(I definitely knew this time it was morphine for sure because it was from a hospital). Its just odd you didn't get much of a high from the oxy since its so strong for someone with no tolerance. I would definitely want my money back. I felt like I got ripped off at the phish concert too.

Just my two cents.

I'm sure the ones I got were legit. To be honest, I never wanted them to begin with. I only bought them because I couldn't find any hydro. I'm going to give this stuff another shot, but I don't imagine it getting that much better. After all, the hydro was euphoric from the very first time. Hopefully I can find someone with norcos that will trade.

Fail Fighter said:
I'm sure the ones I got were legit. To be honest, I never wanted them to begin with. I only bought them because I couldn't find any hydro. I'm going to give this stuff another shot, but I don't imagine it getting that much better. After all, the hydro was euphoric from the very first time. Hopefully I can find someone with norcos that will trade.

For me oxy is like speed. Hydro is the exact opposite. That might be why it's not sitting well with you. On oxy, I can't sleep and I feel like conquering the world.

Hydro and Oxy are very similar, I would cut out the DXM if you try it again. That shit should be rounded up and disposed of worldwide.

Next time do this man! eat a light dinner then sit down with a blanket and a good movie

Snort around 15mg and eat around 15mg and just sit there with a soft drink to get past the drips.

Now just start thinking about euphoria, and how warm your gonna feel adn close your eyes! i guarentee you will start to "feel" it!

Using this method i can still get off with around 10mg, and i do them 2-5 times a week cause there everywhere in my house (;

The Is said:
Some people actually don't care to feel good or bad, they just want numbness. That feels 'good' in comparison.

Really what good is any opiate, when you consider how shallow it is to feel pleasure for no reason, with no work for it, knowing that it is leading you nowhere.

Still, I'd drink toilet water if there was some cough syrup with codine in it.

this is the best summation of how many( i believe) junkies and addicts feel, but once your in you have to find your own way out of the mess good advice/post sir
i wish more people had insight such as this on more aspects of life in general.. thanks for helping me justify quitting the needle which is an on-going battle as some may know!

Oxy never did anything for me, and I used to be very addicted to opioids in general. I felt nothing but crappiness from oxycodone... never a hint of euphoria, despite taking it ~100 times over the course of a couple years... definitely did NOT get better as time went on, though it DID relieve my withdrawal symptoms of course.