• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone withdrawls

Memantine did take at least 75% of withdrawal intensity for me, and I was on morphine for 3 years. I was very surprised myself even when I know the theory before. But yeah, don't use high doses of lope. It's a pity that lope is sold OTC in 96 pill bottles while one has to go through hoops to get memantine prescribed (if at all).
According to google its usex to treat symptoms of Alzhiemers, Dementia so im guessing youd have to be 60 + years old to be in the average age bracket to be considered for it, just a guess though

According to google its usex to treat symptoms of Alzhiemers, Dementia so im guessing youd have to be 60 + years old to be in the average age bracket to be considered for it, just a guess though
Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing about being off-label. Memantine's only indication is Alzheimer's and funnily enough it doesn't seem to work well for that, while its efficacy against opioid withdrawal is well documented on PubMed. But it can be ordered cheaply from Indian online pharmacies if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where importing meds for personal use is allowed.

Idk about other dissociatives like DXM or DCK, in theory they should work as well but I've read from some people here that DXM at least in lower dosages didn't work and they didn't want to risk a full trip while in withdrawal. Memantine is good in that it isn't too disturbing even in high (60mg) doses, isn't a NRI like DXM etc.

If you can get hold of prescription medicines then pregabalin and memantine are what you're looking for. Specially memantine, it helped me to kick morphine without much tapering and with almost zero withdrawal. I was so afraid of jumping off morphine that I waited months until I actually did it just to realize that it was easy with the help of these two meds. Loperamide is good as well, when overdosed it is active as an opioid on its own but dangerous because of cardiac side effects and should be limited to normal, therapeutic anti-diarrhea dosages.

If you don't have the luck of knowing an open-minded doc, then dependent on your country maybe you can order from Indian online pharmacies.
What does pregabalin and memantine do and more so do for withdrawal?

Hey guys , I'm new to this site and hope I posted in the right section. So basically I have fooled around with oxycodone pills in the past . Every few weeks even every month I'd take one pill , get a nod , fall asleep before bed . Lately now for about a month I've been taking them almost every day . I would say my dose is about 40mg oxycodone taken by mouth and another 32mg hydromorphone insufflated throughout the day . Last week I quit for about 4 days straight cold turkey. The chills , hot and cold sweats I was getting for 3 days was ridiculous . I mean drenched in sweat morning and all night especially . It's been disgusting ans horribly uncomfortable. Thus is the first time for me ever going through any type of opiate withdrawl. But what may be even worse is the depression and way I feel when I stopped . Its been almost debilitating. My mind becomes horribly gloomy . But I did stop , felt better and again started taking some oxy and hydromorphone . I again quit 3 days ago cold turkey and have been suffering the same consequences. My question is , what is the best way to stop this without those brutal side effects? Is there even a way ? This week my depression was so bad I couldn't work and the doctor has prescribed me some antidepressants but won't start working for about a few weeks . Would tapering be the proper way to do this in order to advoid all of this? Does anyone know anything that can help? Or will it still happen ? Any advice greatly appreciated ? Thanks alot in advance .
Hi fancy
All good advice from BL haven't tried all they mentioned but most. And yes in my experience week 1 the physical symptoms go away and able to sleep some. For me i didn't ever want to even poke my head out the door untill end of week 2. But it is better if you move around. You are doing great. Hang in there