• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone withdrawls

Fancyhuh101

Greenlighter
Hey guys , I'm new to this site and hope I posted in the right section. So basically I have fooled around with oxycodone pills in the past . Every few weeks even every month I'd take one pill , get a nod , fall asleep before bed . Lately now for about a month I've been taking them almost every day . I would say my dose is about 40mg oxycodone taken by mouth and another 32mg hydromorphone insufflated throughout the day . Last week I quit for about 4 days straight cold turkey. The chills , hot and cold sweats I was getting for 3 days was ridiculous . I mean drenched in sweat morning and all night especially . It's been disgusting ans horribly uncomfortable. Thus is the first time for me ever going through any type of opiate withdrawl. But what may be even worse is the depression and way I feel when I stopped . Its been almost debilitating. My mind becomes horribly gloomy . But I did stop , felt better and again started taking some oxy and hydromorphone . I again quit 3 days ago cold turkey and have been suffering the same consequences. My question is , what is the best way to stop this without those brutal side effects? Is there even a way ? This week my depression was so bad I couldn't work and the doctor has prescribed me some antidepressants but won't start working for about a few weeks . Would tapering be the proper way to do this in order to advoid all of this? Does anyone know anything that can help? Or will it still happen ? Any advice greatly appreciated ? Thanks alot in advance .

Tapering helps.

Switching addictions helps. Be careful as a Benzo addiction is sometimes lethal. Loperamide, an anti- diarrhea med helps. As well as switching to Kratom.

I've been reading around the forum about loperamide and clonadine . Clonadine seems to be a prescription med which will most likely be difficult to get ahold of . I can give loperamide a try . Will this help out with the sweating fairly significantly? Because this is one of the thing that's been bothering me most . I don't sleep . It makes me exhausted and want to not work and my depression worsens. When I work and move I feel productive ans much better

I've been reading around the forum about loperamide and clonadine . Clonadine seems to be a prescription med which will most likely be difficult to get ahold of . I can give loperamide a try . Will this help out with the sweating fairly significantly? Because this is one of the thing that's been bothering me most . I don't sleep . It makes me exhausted and want to not work and my depression worsens. When I work and move I feel productive ans much better
Go to a head shop and get a few bottles of black kratom extract and use that for the first few days then switch to red bali powder kratom and use that a few times a day for a few days and that should get you thru the worst of it ,me personally wont trade addictions so i limit myself to a week of kratom tops,
Stay away from the green , white kratom because they’re speedy which for me makes withdrawals much,much worse

Ime Loperamide has no effects on sleep. No clue if I am actually been addicted when I took it.

On paper it seems to help with the physical side effects of cessation of opoid's. For sleep you'll need strength or a other crutch.

One question: Why not pop the hydromorphone and snort the oxy? I mean I like to snort dillys too but I think the BOA is much better if taken orally? I may be wrong.

I really wish there was a way to dodge the side effects of opioid withdrawal. You would think after taking a break, that a few days back on wouldn't ruin you and throw you back in the fire but it happens every single time. I entertain this idea of addiction it seems to be the game we all play..

Lope is your best friend and so is Kratom. Just take 2 of the 2mg Loperamide pills and see how you feel, I never go past 4 these days but in the past I used to take quite a bit around 6 or so.. For me I rarely if ever use lope because it makes me feel hella edgy it's more of a last resort or this is all I freaking have sort of situation, but it will stop the diarrhea, stop most if not all of the chills/cold sweats.(don't get me wrong you are still in withdrawal and a chill or 2 will still sneak up on you.) And take a tylenol for the fever symptoms and maybe double down with some pepto.

And if you find yourself reaching for more opioids then you need to find some weaker shit like hydros or codeine and slowly taper off of those, then you will be ready for WD again but this time will have the tools to help alleviate the worst symptoms.

Kratom will work wonders and get you out of that gloomy phase and get you back to work but you're still not going to feel 100%. Also this can help you stay away from using oxy and dilaudid in a way because Kratom can get you "high" too.

Also if you can get your hands on a few benzos that will be a godsend for a lot of the irritability.

I would sweat it out if you have been off a week. By day 4-6 the worst is over. Depression will take a couple weeks and I'm sorry. I wish there was a faster working medicine.
Switching drugs isn't good. I went on methadone a few years ago not really knowing the hell it was to get off.
I wish my first attempt was my last.
Easier said then done but a week of pain instead of months of tapering sounds better considering your addiction isn't heavy and long term

Thank you everyone for the responses and help. I know once I get back to work and my head is preoccupied that will help the depression feeling alot . I need to keep busy. I have some xanax , so sleeping isn't much an issue . It's waking up every 5 mins drenched in sweat I just can't deal with. 3 days like that , makes me just miserable . I will give the lope a try . It should help a bit with the massive sweats?

Also my doctor has put me on Citalopram . He said it will take a few weeks before it starts to work . But from anyone who has experience with this medication, does it actually help with the depression?

Also my doctor has put me on Citalopram . He said it will take a few weeks before it starts to work . But from anyone who has experience with this medication, does it actually help with the depression?
According to placebo studie's it doesn't.

Lope will help with hot flashes n chills so yes in a way but remember its important to sweat out the toxins so get some quick short burst intensity work out in and hit up a sauna or where a hoody in a hot ass vehicle shit turn the heat on too..sweat it out hard then later on after you shower it wont be as bad

Great advice guys thank you . This has been the first worhdrawl I've been through. I know it's gets alot worse with heavier use and length of abuse etc . I just need to get myself back on track and the sweats at night are truly awful

Lope will help with hot flashes n chills so yes in a way but remember its important to sweat out the toxins so get some quick short burst intensity work out in and hit up a sauna or where a hoody in a hot ass vehicle shit turn the heat on too..sweat it out hard then later on after you shower it wont be as bad
I thought lope was to control the shits which withdrawal brings on , ive only used it once within the past year because one month i used pretty much everyday and i used it along with kratom extract and kicking it was a breeze which was great but it made things worse for me cause now i knew a way to get rid of chippys very easy so in my mind its a “ get out of jail free card " if that makes sense to you,

If you can get hold of prescription medicines then pregabalin and memantine are what you're looking for. Specially memantine, it helped me to kick morphine without much tapering and with almost zero withdrawal. I was so afraid of jumping off morphine that I waited months until I actually did it just to realize that it was easy with the help of these two meds. Loperamide is good as well, when overdosed it is active as an opioid on its own but dangerous because of cardiac side effects and should be limited to normal, therapeutic anti-diarrhea dosages.

If you don't have the luck of knowing an open-minded doc, then dependent on your country maybe you can order from Indian online pharmacies.

Is there any one specific that helps with the sweating? For me it's the depression and gloom in my head and then the sweats which make me not able to sleep and then hence miserable the next day. I picked up some immodium today and the Dr suggested some naproxen..

Is there any one specific that helps with the sweating? For me it's the depression and gloom in my head and then the sweats which make me not able to sleep and then hence miserable the next day. I picked up some immodium today and the Dr suggested some naproxen..
Is it really the sweating, not restlessness which keeps you up? For me at least and from many reports I think RLS/akathisia like stuff is the worst, even worse than depression or anxiety. When I'm depressed I just stay in bed all day long but add some restlessness and you have hell. Pregabalin does a good job at resolving restlessness.
But of course everybody is individual.

Against the sweating I guess an anticholinergic would help, like diphenhydramine which is also an antihistamine and sedates you a bit. People with strong sweating due to e.g. antipsychotics sometimes even get scopolamine - the butylated variant of it which doesn't reach the brain is in buscopan (OTC) and in theory it should help because it will reach the sweat glands but I'm not sure.

Naproxen will help with inflammation, such NSAIDs are routinely given in detox, but should be necessary (or effective) only if you are in physical pain. Idk, many people report pain upon withdrawal even those who don't have a physical pain condition (NSAIDs unfortunately don't do shit against mental pains, they act by reducing inflammation - then again depression comes with neuroinflammation so maybe there's really something into using NSAIDs during w/d). I never got pain - pain, like as in sore muscles, but I also never got nausea from opioids which are the maybe most common side effect next to constipation.

Good luck btw, and welcome to BlueLight! :)

I thought lope was to control the shits which withdrawal brings on , ive only used it once within the past year because one month i used pretty much everyday and i used it along with kratom extract and kicking it was a breeze which was great but it made things worse for me cause now i knew a way to get rid of chippys very easy so in my mind its a “ get out of jail free card " if that makes sense to you,
Yeah, normal doses of lope primarily affect the digestive tract and resolve the shits, it can be dosed higher (much higher as in 40+mg), in this amounts it saturates the p-Glycoprotein transporter which pumps it out of the brain and it becomes a centrally active opioid albeit a dangerous one because it is cardiotoxic and hard to predict how much you'll need for central effects because it's a very potent compound, without p-Gp normal diarrhea dosages would induce strong opioid effects. In some dogs with a genetical mutation of the glycoprotein it can lead to death in normal dosages.

Last edited:
Is it really the sweating, not restlessness which keeps you up? For me at least and from many reports I think RLS/akathisia like stuff is the worst, even worse than depression or anxiety. When I'm depressed I just stay in bed all day long but add some restlessness and you have hell. Pregabalin does a good job at resolving restlessness.
But of course everybody is individual.

Against the sweating I guess an anticholinergic would help, like diphenhydramine which is also an antihistamine and sedates you a bit. People with strong sweating due to e.g. antipsychotics sometimes even get scopolamine - the butylated variant of it which doesn't reach the brain is in buscopan (OTC) and in theory it should help because it will reach the sweat glands but I'm not sure.

Naproxen will help with inflammation, such NSAIDs are routinely given in detox, but should be necessary (or effective) only if you are in physical pain. Idk, many people report pain upon withdrawal even those who don't have a physical pain condition (NSAIDs unfortunately don't do shit against mental pains, they act by reducing inflammation - then again depression comes with neuroinflammation so maybe there's really something into using NSAIDs during w/d). I never got pain - pain, like as in sore muscles, but I also never got nausea from opioids which are the maybe most common side effect next to constipation.

Good luck btw, and welcome to BlueLight! :)

Yeah, normal doses of lope primarily affect the digestive tract and resolve the shits, it can be dosed higher (much higher as in 40+mg), in this amounts it saturates the p-Glycoprotein transporter which pumps it out of the brain and it becomes a centrally active opioid albeit a dangerous one because it is cardiotoxic and hard to predict how much you'll need for central effects because it's a very potent compound, without p-Gp normal diarrhea dosages would induce strong opioid effects. In some dogs with a genetical mutation of the glycoprotein it can lead to death in normal dosages.
Yes ive learned here to take low doses because it’s dangerous, i only took two pills at a time and that was enough to control the shits (Which itdid,)extracts took care of the rest

Clonadine works good for the sweats but nothing will take everything away. You'll feel like crap regardless. I wouldn't take high doses of lope, bad for your heart .

Clonadine works good for the sweats but nothing will take everything away. You'll feel like crap regardless. I wouldn't take high doses of lope, bad for your heart .
Memantine did take at least 75% of withdrawal intensity for me, and I was on morphine for 3 years. I was very surprised myself even when I know the theory before. But yeah, don't use high doses of lope. It's a pity that lope is sold OTC in 96 pill bottles while one has to go through hoops to get memantine prescribed (if at all).