• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Tolerance

Been taking my oxycodone oral and it’s not too bad.I took a nitrazepam 10mg with it and feel it is making it feel better.I have lyrica but only use once at night.I’m actually planning to try come off it for a bit to see if they will hit me again.would that work?so far Iv reduced by 300mg couple months back.was such a great medication I had got it for anxiety but recently I feel nothing thats why I’m having a break.Iv seen people wasted off one 300mg tablet.if I take 300mg vallium,40mg oxy(at once instant)I feel barely anything.when I was on longtec the tablets sometimes blew me away.this newer brand of oxy doesn’t seem as good and my bro agrees.a 40mg longtec had me as buzzing as over 80mgs of these ones.some of its tolerance for sure but some of it is quality.the NHS give you the cheapest medication they can get that’s what they done to me.if I keep my oxy at 160 per 24 hours will my tolerance drop so that I can catch a wee buzz?im off other opiates now and was only doing it because I ran out of oxy abd didn’t know what to do to keep me well until my refil.can someone explain to me the full benefits of not snorting my 80d?there can’t be much filler because they are the strongest ones and they’re all the same size.I’m new here and appreciate people taking time out of they’r day to retire

I just wanna take my medication with as little fuss as possible.I want to take them oral and feel like gd.I have legitimate pain I need them for.I also get prescribed lyrica,olanzapine and some diazepam.I have moggie 10s also.I get 600mg per day lyrica which was great for the first year and over time it stopped doing anything.recently to try lower tolerance with pregabaline I’ve cut down to 150mg a day with few issues.I wish grass were legal in the uk it’s as good as half the medication and it’s a plant.I smoke daily.is snorting my oxycodone really a waste?I sometimes take 40mg oral and don’t achieve anything.I would come off but I need them for pain and I honestly don’t think from here it’s possible.I can’t cut down 20mg without cracking up.it’s a great drug when your first on it but it addicts u.anyone who takes this stuff for pain for too long with be dependent.as time goes on you don’t even realise it but when your prescribed it things can creep up in the background.at first it was great to get out of pain but now the effects have diminished greatly and it’s about not getting sick.I just wanna take my 160mg oxy over the whole day with my lyrica and some weed that should be enough im so greedy.is there a best way to take my tablets like would taking lyrica or a benzo before t take my oxycodone would that help meat my disposal 160mg oxy,600mg pregabaline and 2mg diazepam but I have nitrazepam 10s.I am not in withdrawals I just don’t enjoy a high from snorting anymore and I don’t know what to do to make things better
I imagine you are probably addicted to the sensation of snorting the Oxycodone too. The ritual of it and the habit of it. So that can be hard to overcome but not impossible; it’s the same with smokers who try and quit but need to put something in their mouth.

If you really want to break this cycle. You should speak to your doctor - no judgement at all. I’ve been where you are in ways. A fentanyl patch might be much better for you. But you wouldn’t get a high from it. So you would probably need to seek some therapy to help deal with the comedown from not getting that high anymore. You likely wouldn’t go into withdrawals as your doc would taper you across properly, but the emotional relief of the high… you’d miss it. And that escapism would be missed. But you’d be out of that cycle of looking at the clock. And when I’m wearing my fentanyl patch… the pain is mainly at bay. I do take rescue meds (currently Oxycodone but a low dose). I hope this helps in some way.

But what the user said above - about the grapefruit juice. That will increase your high a fair bit. It gives your body more receptors.

Also if you do want to stay on the Oxycodone but start taking it orally. Do it bit by bit. Measure it out. Snort 160 and swallow 20. Then 150 and 30. Do it slowly and gradually. Over time. Your body will adjust. Be patient and kind with yourself. Remember addiction is complex. And you are in pain. Your tolerance is high but… you can lower it. It will be painful but do it slow enough. VERY SLOWLY. You can do it.

I imagine you are probably addicted to the sensation of snorting the Oxycodone too. The ritual of it and the habit of it. So that can be hard to overcome but not impossible; it’s the same with smokers who try and quit but need to put something in their mouth.

If you really want to break this cycle. You should speak to your doctor - no judgement at all. I’ve been where you are in ways. A fentanyl patch might be much better for you. But you wouldn’t get a high from it. So you would probably need to seek some therapy to help deal with the comedown from not getting that high anymore. You likely wouldn’t go into withdrawals as your doc would taper you across properly, but the emotional relief of the high… you’d miss it. And that escapism would be missed. But you’d be out of that cycle of looking at the clock. And when I’m wearing my fentanyl patch… the pain is mainly at bay. I do take rescue meds (currently Oxycodone but a low dose). I hope this helps in some way.

But what the user said above - about the grapefruit juice. That will increase your high a fair bit. It gives your body more receptors.

Also if you do want to stay on the Oxycodone but start taking it orally. Do it bit by bit. Measure it out. Snort 160 and swallow 20. Then 150 and 30. Do it slowly and gradually. Over time. Your body will adjust. Be patient and kind with yourself. Remember addiction is complex. And you are in pain. Your tolerance is high but… you can lower it. It will be painful but do it slow enough. VERY SLOWLY. You can do it.
Excellent post.

Thanks for your teply.cant really go to doctor because in uk it’s so strict and nobody is prescribed oxycodone really or morphine etc.here they give you codeine usually.if I tell the doccthat I’m an addict he will take everything off me and I’ll never get anything decent again.I am addicted to snorting but recently been taking most of it oral and if I take a benzo ad I’m taking the oxy i can feel it pretty good.I broke the 80s up and bombed 40mg at a time.I wanna be able to catch a buzz of my oxy.I think snorting it for too long it just stopped working.from now on I try oral.has anyone else experienced anything like this?when I snort my tablets I don’t feel good at all.swallowing them is working bettered

I just wanna take my medication with as little fuss as possible.I want to take them oral and feel like gd.I have legitimate pain I need them for.I also get prescribed lyrica,olanzapine and some diazepam.I have moggie 10s also.I get 600mg per day lyrica which was great for the first year and over time it stopped doing anything.recently to try lower tolerance with pregabaline I’ve cut down to 150mg a day with few issues.I wish grass were legal in the uk it’s as good as half the medication and it’s a plant.I smoke daily.is snorting my oxycodone really a waste?I sometimes take 40mg oral and don’t achieve anything.I would come off but I need them for pain and I honestly don’t think from here it’s possible.I can’t cut down 20mg without cracking up.it’s a great drug when your first on it but it addicts u.anyone who takes this stuff for pain for too long with be dependent.as time goes on you don’t even realise it but when your prescribed it things can creep up in the background.at first it was great to get out of pain but now the effects have diminished greatly and it’s about not getting sick.I just wanna take my 160mg oxy over the whole day with my lyrica and some weed that should be enough im so greedy.is there a best way to take my tablets like would taking lyrica or a benzo before t take my oxycodone would that help meat my disposal 160mg oxy,600mg pregabaline and 2mg diazepam but I have nitrazepam 10s.I am not in withdrawals I just don’t enjoy a high from snorting anymore and I don’t know what to do to make things better
This message is for anyone dealing with long term chronic pain.
I’ve had to take Opiods for an extended period for significant spinal pain. Over time the effectiveness of Opiods is reduced. If it’s been a couple of years you’re unlikely to get “high” anymore unless you take higher & higher doses. Unfortunately, if you’re smart and take the lowest dosage for pain relief you will never really get high anymore.
You really want to be smart about this and avoid chasing a high (that’s a good idea for anyone). Otherwise, your tolerance will keep rising and by the time you’re older (e.g. 60+, 70+) pain medication won’t be as effective.
If there is a way to reduce pain & reduce Opiods, benzos, & nerve meds it’s smart to “try” to find a way to do that while you’re younger. You don’t want a situation where you’re older and medications typically used to ease pain for the elderly no longer work for you.
It’s worth it to try and see if regular moderate exercise, use of a back brace (if applicable), or other lifestyle changes can help reduce your pain. Too many people get trapped by the chemicals (opioids, benzos, etc) and then they are not as effective when they are older.
Best of luck to everyone. Stay as healthy as you can be. 🙏