• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Tolerance

boogeywoogey101

Greenlighter
I’ve been abusing Oxycodone for 5 days a month for over 5 years. Ive been buying 10 pills of 10mg and taking 2 per night until they are gone. I have yet to experience WDs but I seem to be building tolerance. The last time I only got about 3 days worth from my 10 pills because it took 4 pills twice in order to feel euphoric. I thought by taking 3 week breaks my tolerance would revert to “normal”. I wonder if skipping a month would get me back to where I wanna be which is getting nice off 20mgs, 2 drinks and a toke of the bong. Thoughts?

I’ve been abusing Oxycodone for 5 days a month for over 5 years. Ive been buying 10 pills of 10mg and taking 2 per night until they are gone. I have yet to experience WDs but I seem to be building tolerance. The last time I only got about 3 days worth from my 10 pills because it took 4 pills twice in order to feel euphoric. I thought by taking 3 week breaks my tolerance would revert to “normal”. I wonder if skipping a month would get me back to where I wanna be which is getting nice off 20mgs, 2 drinks and a toke of the bong. Thoughts?
Yeah if you can take a month off you get quite a bit back. Its different for everyone though. I used to do 100mg+ although not for that long, and less than few months after that 10mg had me feeling pretty good.

Your tolerance will never go back to null, at least without a lucky roll on the ibogaine dice and/or a decades long tolerance break. It's called kindling, over time, if you continue to take the same class of drug regularly, you will build tolerance even without being physically dependent and your tolerance will also build up faster after breaks.

In other words, after 3 weeks your tolerance will be very low, but it will quickly build back up to the same level it is now.

This is one of the ways addiction sneaks up on people. There is a point where you hit diminishing returns. You'll have to take more to get the same effect, and taking more will increase your tolerance faster... rinse repeat until you have to take massive doses just to not be deathly ill and getting as high as you did in the old days is impossible even with extreme doses.

I wouldn't discount the role of subjective tolerance here. It's like going on a roller coaster a dozen times. Space Mountain is pretty amazing the first time, but after a dozen rides, it's just "not gonna feel the same". So, when we talk about physiological or biological tolerance to drugs, that is something separate from our subjective experience with drugs. When I'm on that roller coaster, my objective experience is the same, but my subjective experience is quite different,

I think, if you're taking literal weeks between each experience with the Opioids, your tolerance shouldn't really be growing. I think in some way, your body might be adjusting to the exposure in some kind of semi-permanent way, but I believe that most of this is subjective. That's my opinion as a total amateur/lay-person.

We can talk about the Kindling Effect?

I wouldn't discount the role of subjective tolerance here. It's like going on a roller coaster a dozen times. Space Mountain is pretty amazing the first time, but after a dozen rides, it's just "not gonna feel the same". So, when we talk about physiological or biological tolerance to drugs, that is something separate from our subjective experience with drugs. When I'm on that roller coaster, my objective experience is the same, but my subjective experience is quite different,

I think, if you're taking literal weeks between each experience with the Opioids, your tolerance shouldn't really be growing. I think in some way, your body might be adjusting to the exposure in some kind of semi-permanent way, but I believe that most of this is subjective. That's my opinion as a total amateur/lay-person.

We can talk about the Kindling Effect?
It seems like Day 1 is usually pretty good. It feels like the following days it takes more. I know nothing of kindling.

It seems like Day 1 is usually pretty good. It feels like the following days it takes more. I know nothing of kindling.

Okay, go ahead and do a quick Google search. It's a phenomenon that is in many ways relative to tolerance in general. Basically, each time you become dependent upon a drug and then withdraw back to your base line... we will call that a "phase". With each successive "phase" the user will develop a dependency more quickly, the withdrawal will be more severe and the cycle continues pretty much infinitely. Most Opiate users, for instance, will tell you that they spent 6 months or more of using consistently before they experienced their first withdrawal experience, but most chronic addicts will develop a dependency in as little as 2-3 days.

It's most-studied in terms of withdrawal from sedative-hypnotic drugs like Alcohol, but it seems to apply to many different drugs across the board.

I would say that tolerance does go back to almost zero when one is just speaking about a few pills for a few days and staying below what would induce withdrawal - imo it's the withdrawal which induces most of the kindling. I've been on 600mg/d morphine or methadone equivalence for 3 years straight, withdrew with pregabalin and memantine (which basically skips most of the misery and thus also kindling) and some months later I felt 20mg morphine again like if I was never addicted. But withdrawal WILL come on faster and faster, in that regard it's true that the body doesn't forget.

I’ve been taking 160mg of oxycodone per day for about 7 years I usually snort my pills.this started because the tablets used to hurt my stomach swallowed but that doesn’t happen anymore.I’m in the uk and get pills from doctor.am I wasting medication snorting my pills?recently my tolerance got so bad I was taking h on top most days.stopped that now just wanna get the most out of my oxycodone prescription can anyone help?

I’ve been taking 160mg of oxycodone per day for about 7 years I usually snort my pills.this started because the tablets used to hurt my stomach swallowed but that doesn’t happen anymore.I’m in the uk and get pills from doctor.am I wasting medication snorting my pills?recently my tolerance got so bad I was taking h on top most days.stopped that now just wanna get the most out of my oxycodone prescription can anyone help?
Yes, intranasal bioavailability of oxycodone is about 30% less than oral. You are wasting about 30% of your dose by snorting.

The only benefit of snorting is you feel the effects more quickly, but it is particularly wasteful with oxycodone. Not to mention snorting pill fillers is not good for your nose.

Yes, intranasal bioavailability of oxycodone is about 30% less than oral. You are wasting about 30% of your dose by snorting.

The only benefit of snorting is you feel the effects more quickly, but it is particularly wasteful with oxycodone. Not to mention snorting pill fillers is not good for your nose.
I get 2 80s per day.should I crush it up and take 40 mg oral each six hours?I find that really hard I’m heavily addicted I’m always looking at the clock thinking can I take more.I’m looking to get the most out of each dose.I also have moggies 10s and pregabaline 300s.I smoke grass which helps

I honestly can’t feel the tablets when I take them oral my tolerance is sky high.the h here is crap my oxycodone is much stronger.I don’t wanna get into that again was only smoking it but I nearly had a habit that was hard to break.how do I take my oxycodone oral and make it hit me harder?

@Michael Abraham yes, crush them and take on an empty stomach. You can also mix it up, take 3/4 oral and 1/4 snorted.

You can also drink fresh squeezed grapefruit juice for a small boost.

When I snort it doesn’t a lot of the medication find it’s way into my stomach anyway?
A small portion, yes. What you taste dripping down your throat after snorting does make it to your stomach, but it's only a fraction.

Thanks for your reply’s I think deep down I knew that but it helps when someone with some experience tells me.

I will look for the grapefruits tho does it have to be squeezed fresh fruit or does any grapefruit juice work?I think I might have an addiction to snorting.the main time I enjoy it is if I’m nearly in withdrawals and I snort some.I feel like the new brand of tablets I’m on aren’t as strong as the last ones is that possible?they are still normal ocs but they don’t seem to hit as hard.the old ones were longtec and now they are ridge pharma.in my opinion longtec is stronger it sounds a bit silly

I will look for the grapefruits tho does it have to be squeezed fresh fruit or does any grapefruit juice work?I think I might have an addiction to snorting.the main time I enjoy it is if I’m nearly in withdrawals and I snort some.I feel like the new brand of tablets I’m on aren’t as strong as the last ones is that possible?they are still normal ocs but they don’t seem to hit as hard.the old ones were longtec and now they are ridge pharma.in my opinion longtec is stronger it sounds a bit silly
Yes it's essential to be freshly squeezed direct from fruit. Premade juice will not work. Red grapefruit is best. Drink it daily for best results.

Yeah it's well known some brands of pills are stronger, although nobody really knows why this is.

The more I have gone through studies about this, the more complex reality seems. Apparently "ideal nasal absorber individual" can reach higher bioavailability with ideal solution which is sprayed or like that.

But if bioavailability is weaker with two crushed frogs with binders a day or whatever one has, I am not surprised.

What do you mean I’m confused.sprayed?I just crush them up fine as possible.I always clear my nose beforehand because that helps me feel it more.when I was first on them they hurt my stomach so to stay out withdrawals my bro wud tell me just to snort some now years down the line I only snort it.I am never satisfied it’s never enough.I wanna take them orally and get a buzz u wud wud think 2 80s a day wud b enuf but it’s not even close.cant ask gp to put me up because they will say I’m adduced and take me off.I’m looking for as much info on oxycodone as possible from experienced people who know

What do you mean I’m confused.sprayed?I just crush them up fine as possible.I always clear my nose beforehand because that helps me feel it more.when I was first on them they hurt my stomach so to stay out withdrawals my bro wud tell me just to snort some now years down the line I only snort it.I am never satisfied it’s never enough.I wanna take them orally and get a buzz u wud wud think 2 80s a day wud b enuf but it’s not even close.cant ask gp to put me up because they will say I’m adduced and take me off.I’m looking for as much info on oxycodone as possible from experienced people who know
Well yea I guess making sprayable solution of pills with binders probably is not going to work anyway, so whatever. And I dunno it might be anyway unrealistic to spray 160 mg through the day to your nose even in purest possible solution, I don't know how much drug needs to be diluted and by what compound. And you possibly absorb it better from stomach anyway. And I am not even sure if it was the spray-study, tho in some study they reached pretty high nasal bioavailability in some individuals somehow.

I just wanna take my medication with as little fuss as possible.I want to take them oral and feel like gd.I have legitimate pain I need them for.I also get prescribed lyrica,olanzapine and some diazepam.I have moggie 10s also.I get 600mg per day lyrica which was great for the first year and over time it stopped doing anything.recently to try lower tolerance with pregabaline I’ve cut down to 150mg a day with few issues.I wish grass were legal in the uk it’s as good as half the medication and it’s a plant.I smoke daily.is snorting my oxycodone really a waste?I sometimes take 40mg oral and don’t achieve anything.I would come off but I need them for pain and I honestly don’t think from here it’s possible.I can’t cut down 20mg without cracking up.it’s a great drug when your first on it but it addicts u.anyone who takes this stuff for pain for too long with be dependent.as time goes on you don’t even realise it but when your prescribed it things can creep up in the background.at first it was great to get out of pain but now the effects have diminished greatly and it’s about not getting sick.I just wanna take my 160mg oxy over the whole day with my lyrica and some weed that should be enough im so greedy.is there a best way to take my tablets like would taking lyrica or a benzo before t take my oxycodone would that help meat my disposal 160mg oxy,600mg pregabaline and 2mg diazepam but I have nitrazepam 10s.I am not in withdrawals I just don’t enjoy a high from snorting anymore and I don’t know what to do to make things better