• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone to Kratom or maybe nothing...

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
For the past few months 6 or so, I’ve been using kratom.. up to 4 gram dosages every 6 hours and I slowly sip.. recently I hurt my back, and received Hydrocodone 5-10 mg Apap 325 every 4 to 6, I managed that fine but then I switched to Oxycodone 5mg every 6. Currently I’m on day 2 with no opiate or opiate like substances I feel fine, minor bout of loose stomach, but that could be my diet.. and creeping depression albeit minor.. still feel uneasy my question would be would you just stay off of everything I know this slope can get very slippery and I’m already struggling with tobacco dependency. I’d like to live as clean as possible as I need to focus on my life and what I would like to accomplish with it. Would you say it’s better to brave it out.. with focus being on vitamins better eating habits.. as I’m overweight but not obese and slowly getting myself back into working out? I wanna be able to say I achieved something in life.. and I don’t think you can’t while dealing with various substances but personally for myself I know I only slip further and further. I wanna end it while it’s not serious. And it never really has.. at the peak years ago I would still only take 15 mg a day Oxycodone but that in itself was hell... so would you all guide me and tell me if it’s better to just not do anything if I can. I feel better when being clean, I can pass drug tests for jobs. I draw disability but I don’t wanna be on that for the rest of my life. And I’m not losing money to feel just baseline.. there’s basically no upside so I know I’ve answered my own question. But I’d like to see what y’all think.. sorry to ramble.

Thank you, you’ve given me an amazing support that helps me realize that this isn’t a self guilt or me just being hard on myself, I truly have never liked the opiate “high” it’s scary sometimes to wonder did I do to much, and to feel yourself fading is something that has kept me from developing anymore then I have. I just like it gives you the lets get it done and be happy doing day to day things but once I didn’t feel a dose that normally I’d look forward to I seen the fork in the road where it’s make a life choice. Plus I’m more interested in making my music now that I can again then worrying about keeping an addiction alive. Now if I can only conquer tobacco and get to working out and making music on a regular I think I’ll lose all motivation to stay on a perc
Thank you Bless you so much.
You have answered yourself perfectly. If you feel better sober there is no doubt what's the best solution. If you can tough it out without kratom than do that and celebrate that you did not go down opioid slope all the way. It is very slippery slope and the ride can get out of control at any moment. If that happens opioids can be a death sentence.

From your post I read a man who is not very physically dependent on opioids but likes "energy/antianxiety/antidepressant" effects that opioids give him. My answer would be -> leave the game while you are ahead! If you play it long enough you are at risk of loosing much more than you are willing to lose.

Or you can try to control that very slippery slope and hope that you are the one of the people who can use opioids here and there. But the fact that you have already developed tolerance (physical dependence) is a big warning. I think that it is not worth the risk anymore and you are at the perfect place to stop.

My 2 cents.

I think it's a great idea to become sober before "it gets serious." However, sometimes the addicts getting away with it are the most dangerous. There's less incentive to quit and stay clean when you've gotten away with it for so long. I do know that the longer you go with opiates the harder it is to not relapse.. because as time passes the feeling is glorified by your mind and you really do never stop thinking about it.

It's at least important to try now to see what it's like living life without any opiate buzz so you know the pros and cons of being without it. We wouldn't be using anything if substances didn't enhance their lives in one way or another. Many people relapse when coming off opiates at least eventually. You might relapse here and there, but in a way I think that relapsing is part of the process. As long as you don't go back into daily habits the times you do relapse, imo eventually you'll make it out. I don't mean to discourage you from trying to clean up, but I don't know a single person on planet earth of have ever heard of someone not relapsing repeatedly before entering sobriety finally (from opiates).

Last edited: