• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone -> Dihydrocodeine equivalent dose

One more question.. does Promethazine cause short term memory loss in high doses?

It could because of the anti-muscarinic effects, the opposite of what nicotine does, so tobacco smokers could puff some more or chew gum or dissolve or swallow nicotine tablets, which are, as one expects, nicotinic but have a general, somewhat broad cholinergic effect. Promethazine is nothing like high doses of hyoscyamine, atropine, hyoscine (scopolamine) whole belladonna products and the like. I got started as a tobacco smoker all those years ago as a chemical effect smoker to stop the constipation, anti-cholinergic hangover and mild amnestic effects from orphenadrine and trihexyphenidyl benders.

By the way, I noticed a long time ago that Tylenol With Codeine Nº 4, Emprazil With Codeine Nº 5, Synalgos DC, Vicodin, Acedicon, Lyogesic, Oxycodone plain tablets and so on when taken with hydroxyzine and promethazine and allowed to fully take effect do something very interesting: I dissolve a 125 µg tablet of hyoscyamine under my tongue, and three minutes later the come-up has both a bang and rush just like injecting morphine, dihydromorphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, hydromorphinol, oxymorphol, nicomorphine, and acetylmorphone! The increased analgesia against neuropathic sharp pain then lasts for 5 to 7 hours. It is a stimulating come-up, whereas hyoscine (scopolamine) makes one more tired and atropine has pieces of both. Trihexyphenidyl does something similar, but I have noticed that hyoscyamine is unique subjectively. Sublingual dicycloverine and injected orphenadrine are not much different. All of this close to the therapeutic dose range.

I quit tobacco a while later by going cold turkey and doing dihydrocodeine, orphenadrine, tripelennamine, chlorphenamine + phenylpropanolamine + scopolamine, along with paracetamol, and caffeine, with codeine and hydrocodone sometimes changed in for the DHC. A smaller fraction of times I substituted in nicocodeine, thebacon, and oxycodone. This was exclusively for headaches, as the narcotic euphoria and the fact that I was quitting because my gorgeous and sophisticated boss jumped my bones and we rolled in the hay like bunnies for the longest time but she was deathly allergic to nicotine and other components of tobacco smoke, even if it was just on my coat. Maybe it was in my baby batter too like the codeine, morphine, alcohol, hydromorphinol, methadone and piritramide that one can taste in both baby batter and pussy juice. Also the dicycloverine and Sexy Trihexy that we do with poppers when it is time to make love like crazed monkeys . . .

as the old spiritual goes:
I want to fuck you
I want to fuck you like an animal . . .

-- Nine Inch Nails, "Closer To God" October 1998

It could because of the anti-muscarinic effects, the opposite of what nicotine does, so tobacco smokers could puff some more or chew gum or dissolve or swallow nicotine tablets, which are, as one expects, nicotinic but have a general, somewhat broad cholinergic effect. Promethazine is nothing like high doses of hyoscyamine, atropine, hyoscine (scopolamine) whole belladonna products and the like. I got started as a tobacco smoker all those years ago as a chemical effect smoker to stop the constipation, anti-cholinergic hangover and mild amnestic effects from orphenadrine and trihexyphenidyl benders.

By the way, I noticed a long time ago that Tylenol With Codeine Nº 4, Emprazil With Codeine Nº 5, Synalgos DC, Vicodin, Acedicon, Lyogesic, Oxycodone plain tablets and so on when taken with hydroxyzine and promethazine and allowed to fully take effect do something very interesting: I dissolve a 125 µg tablet of hyoscyamine under my tongue, and three minutes later the come-up has both a bang and rush just like injecting morphine, dihydromorphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, hydromorphinol, oxymorphol, nicomorphine, and acetylmorphone! The increased analgesia against neuropathic sharp pain then lasts for 5 to 7 hours. It is a stimulating come-up, whereas hyoscine (scopolamine) makes one more tired and atropine has pieces of both. Trihexyphenidyl does something similar, but I have noticed that hyoscyamine is unique subjectively. Sublingual dicycloverine and injected orphenadrine are not much different. All of this close to the therapeutic dose range.

I quit tobacco a while later by going cold turkey and doing dihydrocodeine, orphenadrine, tripelennamine, chlorphenamine + phenylpropanolamine + scopolamine, along with paracetamol, and caffeine, with codeine and hydrocodone sometimes changed in for the DHC. A smaller fraction of times I substituted in nicocodeine, thebacon, and oxycodone. This was exclusively for headaches, as the narcotic euphoria and the fact that I was quitting because my gorgeous and sophisticated boss jumped my bones and we rolled in the hay like bunnies for the longest time but she was deathly allergic to nicotine and other components of tobacco smoke, even if it was just on my coat. Maybe it was in my baby batter too like the codeine, morphine, alcohol, hydromorphinol, methadone and piritramide that one can taste in both baby batter and pussy juice. Also the dicycloverine and Sexy Trihexy that we do with poppers when it is time to make love like crazed monkeys . . .

as the old spiritual goes:
I want to fuck you
I want to fuck you like an animal . . .

-- Nine Inch Nails, "Closer To God" October 1998

The reason im asking is because I took 250mg Promethazine on top of 60mg Oxycodone IR. I live with my mum/mom and she said I was behaving very differently. Like I'd get very forgetful and I was basically talking rubbish. I was very incoherent and amnesic. I highly suspect Promethazine causes Amnesia at high doses.

The reason im asking is because I took 250mg Promethazine on top of 60mg Oxycodone IR. I live with my mum/mom and she said I was behaving very differently. Like I'd get very forgetful and I was basically talking rubbish. I was very incoherent and amnesic. I highly suspect Promethazine causes Amnesia at high doses.

That dosage is way too high. Antihistamines have deliriant effects in big overdoses.
They're anticholinergic so expect the side effects of typical anticholinergics.

You definitely don't need to take 250mg to potentiate opiates.

I take two 10mg tablets and it's more than enough.

I think 90 mg of codeine I equivolent to 10 mg oxy
100mg of codeine are equivalent to 10mg of oral morphine or 5mg of oxycodone. Codeine is about a tenth the strength of oral morphine.

Oxycodone is 2 times the strength of oral morphine.

Codeine metabolism varies but as a rule of thumb that's the average equivalence.

I take dihydrocodeine every day and according to UK equivalence charts it's the same strength as codeine and less potent than tramadol but in my experience it's not like that.

I have done all 3 so I can say tramadol and dihydrocodeine are similar and codeine isn't as good. I need more codeine to have the same effects I get from DHC. I also did oral morphine (a couple of times and it was like 30mg) and it's not as good as DHC for me personally.
I am not on big dosages. I think the max dose of DHC I have done at one time was 7 30mg tablets. Haven't gone above that yet after almost 2 years. I normally take 3-4 at once a few times a day.

My usage is for pain relief from sciatica and plantar fascitiis. I have to avoid NSAIDs as I have bad heartburn and they make it worse.

Last edited:
According to one NHS chart I saw, 240mg codeine or DHC is equal to 20mg oral morphine which in turn is equal to 10mg oxycodone. The NHS always lump codeine and DHC together and consider it just as weak as a result even though yes DHC is a weak opioid but it is 1.5-2x stronger than codeine.

The only thing NICE guidelines and most NHS CCG guidelines say is that DHC is able to be taken in higher doses than codeine (no ceiling dose) but at the expense of more nausea. That's literally all they say about it.

They're also intent on treating DHC as weaker than tramadol. Which to me is completely backwards. I see tramadol as weaker than even codeine. Although again some conversion charts from NHS CCG's put tramadol at the same strength as codeine. Depends which one you look at.

These conversions are all estimated anyway. The medical literature always says the equivalence charts are an estimate and need to be adjusted for individual patients.

There are other references which have said that dihydrocodeine is 15, 20, 25, or 50 per cent stronger than codeine, and William S Burroughs said it "is twice as strong as codeine and almost as good as heroin"

In my experience, it is maybe 35 per cent better as an analgesic, lacks the ceiling effect of codeine, and has a harder-to-pin-down element to it which makes it even more than 35 per cent more euphoric than codeine -- it could be the dihydromorphine and other metabolites, as I used to take DHM for pain relief and it was great, and there is diacetyldihydromorphine, which is also called dihydroheroin, which is also a wonderful narcotic . . .

and William S Burroughs said it "is twice as strong as codeine and almost as good as heroin"

Without a tolerance this is absolutely true. I can't help but feel the "magic" is just gone now I do have a tolerance though, even if I take breaks.