• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone -> Dihydrocodeine equivalent dose

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I've just aquired 56x 30mg DHC tabs. Now I'm used to taking 60mg Oxycodone does anyone know what the equivalent DHC dose would be? I've just taken 420mg DHC just to see how it would feel, now I know I can tolerate that much DHC cos I'm prescribed 120mg Oxy a day. And now ur probably asking why am I asking... well I'd rather know the 'proper' dose of DHC to take for my next dose.

EDIT: 30mins later and im experiencing an extreme histamine reaction! It's actually becoming quite painful, most of the itching is on my scalp, shoulders, and my back. I've just taken 100mg Promethazine and 120mg Fexofenadine to counteract it, I decided to take both antihistamines for dual action.

Last edited:
550mg DHC is the equivalent of 60mg Oxycodonee.

But yeah codeine and DHC can cause massive histamine reactions. I once had 300mg codeine and I had EXTREME itching and my face swelled up and my blood pressure dropped so low I couldn't even sit up. My parents had to get an ambulance.

550mg DHC is the equivalent of 60mg Oxycodonee.

But yeah codeine and DHC can cause massive histamine reactions. I once had 300mg codeine and I had EXTREME itching and my face swelled up and my blood pressure dropped so low I couldn't even sit up. My parents had to get an ambulance.

Sounds heavy that dude! I've just ordered the following antihistamines online:

Diphenhydramine (Generic)
Chlorphenamine (Generic)
Promethazine (Phenergan; needed more)

As you'll notice they're all first gen antihistamines. I find them to be more effective over 2nd gen plus you get the added sedation which goes nicely with Opioids!

PS: Looks like the antihistamines worked I'm no longer itchy lol :)

The promethazine will increase the conversion to dihydromorphine . . . irrespective of the impression one may get from Wikipedia and as both a one-time Codidol eater and more recently recipient of a DHM prescription to shoot when the MST-Continus isn't quite handling things, I can tell you that promethazine works great with DHC and I especially loved stacking promethazine, tripelennamine, and hydroxyzine -- which all do different things for the narcotic effect as well as synergise to wipe out the itching from histamine but somehow preserve the flushing, which I actually liked -- on top of codeine, DHC, nicocodeine, hydrocodone, thebacon, dionine, and oxycodone over the years. I always added at least 200 mg of caffeine, as well.

Chlorphenamine/chlorpheniramine plus orphenadrine, caffeine, and codeine or DHC were another favourite mixture. Alone to go to a foreign language class or training session at work, plus promethazine 30 minutes before dinner washed down with Coca-Cola. That antihistamine (actually both of them, orphenadrine is a muscle relaxant related to diphenhydramine) actually stimulate me like 50 mg of caffeine anyways.

I used to stack the former mixture of three antihistamines, orphenadrine, caffeine, and ephedrine or the like and use a can of Coca-Cola or Sprite to wash down 14 of the 30 mg tablets of codeine hydrochloride (neat) or chew 3 of the 120 mg Codidol when leaving to go to the train station on Thursday night to get on the train to see my girlfriend in a city about an hour's ride away when I was at university. By the time I was disembarking at the other end I felt just like Jesus' son . . .

Adjust doses considering the following -- the drugs above have n per cent of the anticholinergic, specifically antimuscarinic, potency of atropine. They all, with the possible exception of promethazine, also cause their own mild euphoria on their own, moderate in the case of orpenadrine and tripelennamine. I appreciated it, lots of folks don't. It is at or near the recommended doses too, the folks who like delirium take massive; exceedingly unwise overdoses. Sexy Trihexy (trihexyphenidyl aka bezhexol) also makes people horny near the usual dose, same for calming down cops and others; people who want to turn into a berzerker dose in between the two ranges:

Chlorphenamine: 25 per cent
Tripelennamine: 7 per cent
Diphenhydramine: 68 per cent
Orphenadrine: 58 per cent
Promethazine: 45 per cent
Hydroxyzine: 36 per cent

Last edited:
The promethazine will increase the conversion to dihydromorphine . . . irrespective of the impression one may get from Wikipedia and as both a one-time Codidol eater and more recently recipient of a DHM prescription to shoot when the MST-Continus isn't quite handling things, I can tell you that promethazine works great with DHC and I especially loved stacking promethazine, tripelennamine, and hydroxyzine -- which all do different things for the narcotic effect as well as synergise to wipe out the itching from histamine but somehow preserve the flushing, which I actually liked -- on top of codeine, DHC, nicocodeine, hydrocodone, thebacon, dionine, and oxycodone over the years. I always added at least 200 mg of caffeine, as well.

Chlorphenamine/chlorpheniramine plus orphenadrine, caffeine, and codeine or DHC were another favourite mixture. Alone to go to a foreign language class or training session at work, plus promethazine 30 minutes before dinner washed down with Coca-Cola. That antihistamine (actually both of them, orphenadrine is a muscle relaxant related to diphenhydramine) actually stimulate me like 50 mg of caffeine anyways.

I used to stack the former mixture of three antihistamines, orphenadrine, caffeine, and ephedrine or the like and use a can of Coca-Cola or Sprite to wash down 14 of the 30 mg tablets of codeine hydrochloride (neat) or chew 3 of the 120 mg Codidol when leaving to go to the train station on Thursday night to get on the train to see my girlfriend in a city about an hour's ride away when I was at university. By the time I was disembarking at the other end I felt just like Jesus' son . . .

Adjust doses considering the following -- the drugs above have n per cent of the anticholinergic, specifically antimuscarinic, potency of atropine. They all, with the possible exception of promethazine, also cause their own mild euphoria on their own, moderate in the case of orpenadrine and tripelennamine. I appreciated it, lots of folks don't. It is at or near the recommended doses too, the folks who like delirium take massive; exceedingly unwise overdoses. Sexy Trihexy (trihexyphenidyl aka bezhexol) also makes people horny near the usual dose, same for calming down cops and others; people who want to turn into a berzerker dose in between the two ranges:

Chlorphenamine: 25 per cent
Tripelennamine: 7 per cent
Diphenhydramine: 68 per cent
Orphenadrine: 58 per cent
Promethazine: 45 per cent
Hydroxyzine: 36 per cent

By next week I'll have:

Diphenhydramine
Chlorphenamine
Promethazine

All on order. I take Clonazepam and Pregabalin as well as DHC and Oxycodone (i've currently ran out of my Oxys hence DHC) and I won't be able to get it filled by the 8th :(. I've got alot of experience with all the meds I take so dont worry about OD. Currently I've got the following meds at my disposal:

Oxycodone IR 30mg (120mg daily. I get my new script next Thursday)
DHC 30mg
Pregabalin 50mg
Clonazepam 2mg
Promethazine 25mg
Diphenhydramine [arriving next week]
Chlorphenamine [arriving next week]

If YOU had all these meds in your possession and wanted to get super high which ones would you take and in what order? Cos I'm gonna have a downer binge next week. What would you take and again in what order? Cheers.

As I said I'll have another two first gen antihistamines by the middle of next week (Diphenhydramine and Chlorphenamine). Atm im just gonna take what I need to get by unitl the antihistamines arrive next week, then im gonna have a blow out lol!

I used to get gabapentin on to potentiate the analgesia of the MST-Continus and Hydal Retard (basically the hydromorphone analogue of MST-Continus) but had lots of problems with memory, which is ironic since when nerve pain is especially bad I have hyoscine/scopolamine, usually mixed with opioids to, inter alia, serve as an amnestic, to mix in with the immediate release SC/IM/IV for breakthrough pain (nicomorphine, dihydromorphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone) and I thankfully remember all of it. I would be disappointed if I kept forgetting such a cocktail hitting the base of my skull and spreading into my cranium and down my spine . . . the hydroxyzine, tripelennamine, and orphenadrine does what they intended the gabapentin to do to the extended-release --actually all of the opioids I take. So gabapentin, pregabalin, and clonazepam would go with the oxycodone or dihydrocodeine, whereas as a lot of the work promethazine does is metabolic so I would either do it 2-3 hours before or steadily around the clock starting a few hours before the bender and continuing for the duration.

I would take either the chlorphenamine or the diphenhydramine or both along with the opioids. Promethazine is a phenothiazine antihistamine, chlorphenamine is an alkylamine antihistamine, and diphenhydramine is an ethanolamine antihistamine, so the additive effects are more than the synergistic effects. In my case, orphenadrine is an ethanolamine antihistamine so I do not take it with diphenhydramine. The general opioid potentiator, hydroxyzine, is a piperazine antihistamine, and the one that makes the morphine (and its derivatives) more euphoric and therefore an even stronger analgesic, tripelennamine, is an ethylenediamine antihistamine, so I take one from five of the six classes of first-generation antihistamines, and take the promethazine separately from the others because of it working on metabolism, and is good to have already working when the opioids hit. There is also a piperidine antihistamine, cyproheptadine, which really helps out opioids too, as do practically all first-generation antihistamines.

As far as benzodiazepines, I have only used tetrazepam and nitrazepam to potentiate both the extended-release, immediate release, and injected opioids (in the latter case taking it before by mouth, not injection) and I had good results from the two benzodiazepines (one at a time) as well as diazepam with dihydrocodeine and oxycodone both, amongst every other opioid.

Oxycodone and promethazine is even better not only because it is stronger ipso facto but also oxycodone is indeed made into a decent amount of oxymorphone by Cytochrome P450 II-D-6 to begin with.. It is the codeine derivative I have had the most recently as it is in the morphine range, comes in both immediate and extended release, and hydrocodone and thebacon have been gone or rare as chicken teeth for a long time here. Diphenhydramine + oxycodone is great.

I used to get gabapentin on to potentiate the analgesia of the MST-Continus and Hydal Retard (basically the hydromorphone analogue of MST-Continus) but had lots of problems with memory, which is ironic since when nerve pain is especially bad I have hyoscine/scopolamine, usually mixed with opioids to, inter alia, serve as an amnestic, to mix in with the immediate release SC/IM/IV for breakthrough pain (nicomorphine, dihydromorphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone) and I thankfully remember all of it. I would be disappointed if I kept forgetting such a cocktail hitting the base of my skull and spreading into my cranium and down my spine . . . the hydroxyzine, tripelennamine, and orphenadrine does what they intended the gabapentin to do to the extended-release --actually all of the opioids I take. So gabapentin, pregabalin, and clonazepam would go with the oxycodone or dihydrocodeine, whereas as a lot of the work promethazine does is metabolic so I would either do it 2-3 hours before or steadily around the clock starting a few hours before the bender and continuing for the duration.

I would take either the chlorphenamine or the diphenhydramine or both along with the opioids. Promethazine is a phenothiazine antihistamine, chlorphenamine is an alkylamine antihistamine, and diphenhydramine is an ethanolamine antihistamine, so the additive effects are more than the synergistic effects. In my case, orphenadrine is an ethanolamine antihistamine so I do not take it with diphenhydramine. The general opioid potentiator, hydroxyzine, is a piperazine antihistamine, and the one that makes the morphine (and its derivatives) more euphoric and therefore an even stronger analgesic, tripelennamine, is an ethylenediamine antihistamine, so I take one from five of the six classes of first-generation antihistamines, and take the promethazine separately from the others because of it working on metabolism, and is good to have already working when the opioids hit. There is also a piperidine antihistamine, cyproheptadine, which really helps out opioids too, as do practically all first-generation antihistamines.

As far as benzodiazepines, I have only used tetrazepam and nitrazepam to potentiate both the extended-release, immediate release, and injected opioids (in the latter case taking it before by mouth, not injection) and I had good results from the two benzodiazepines (one at a time) as well as diazepam with dihydrocodeine and oxycodone both, amongst every other opioid.

Oxycodone and promethazine is even better not only because it is stronger ipso facto but also oxycodone is indeed made into a decent amount of oxymorphone by Cytochrome P450 II-D-6 to begin with.. It is the codeine derivative I have had the most recently as it is in the morphine range, comes in both immediate and extended release, and hydrocodone and thebacon have been gone or rare as chicken teeth for a long time here. Diphenhydramine + oxycodone is great.

Sorry you've got me a little confused lol. What your saying is take the Promethazine about 1-2 hours before the DHC yeah? When should I take the Pregabalin and the other two antihistamines? I've heard Pregabalin takes a while to kick in so maybe I should take it with the Promethazine? So:

Promethazine + Pregabalin [wait 1-2 hours] -> then DHC (If you agree?)

Where does the Diphenhydramine and the Chlorphenamine fit into the formula??

6.67mgs of Oxycodone is equally dose transitive, to 50mgs of Dihydrocodeine. If morphine is the base line opiate in the equianalgesic chart table comparison, then morphine 's concentration value is 1. While oxycodone's would be 1.5, and dihyrdrocodeine's value is 1/5th.

Sorry you've got me a little confused lol. What your saying is take the Promethazine about 1-2 hours before the DHC yeah? When should I take the Pregabalin and the other two antihistamines? I've heard Pregabalin takes a while to kick in so maybe I should take it with the Promethazine? So:

Promethazine + Pregabalin [wait 1-2 hours] -> then DHC (If you agree?)

Where does the Diphenhydramine and the Chlorphenamine fit into the formula??

Yes the promethazine one, two, three hours before the DHC; what I remember of the gabapentin makes me think taking it then, or with the DHC would be fine. If it takes a while for the the pregabalin to start working, then maybe take it before.

In the midst of a bender I would take the diphenhydramine and chlorphenamine alternately or simultaneously. If one and not the other will last until the 8th, the diphenhydramine is a slightly more effective mix with the oxycodone.

6.67mgs of Oxycodone is equally dose transitive, to 50mgs of Dihydrocodeine. If morphine is the base line opiate in the equianalgesic chart table comparison, then morphine 's concentration value is 1. While oxycodone's would be 1.5, and dihyrdrocodeine's value is 1/5th.

Yeah I've seen that chart its on Wiki isn't it. I've always likened the high from DHC similar to Oxycodone if enough is taken. I should of known I'd have a histamine response putting 420mg of DHC into my body, I should of used Promethazine before hand.

Yes the promethazine one, two, three hours before the DHC; what I remember of the gabapentin makes me think taking it then, or with the DHC would be fine. If it takes a while for the the pregabalin to start working, then maybe take it before.

In the midst of a bender I would take the diphenhydramine and chlorphenamine alternately or simultaneously. If one and not the other will last until the 8th, the diphenhydramine is a slightly more effective mix with the oxycodone.

What dosages would u recommend for the Diphenhydramine and Chlorphenamine? I've got a high tolerance to Promethazine, is there a cross-tolerance?

The overall cross-tolerance of first-generation antihistamines with promethazine is minimal in my experience, which I attribute to the chemical dissimilarity. I have tended to start with the usual therapeutic dose of both and adjusting as needed . . . That would be 25-50 mg of diphenhydramine for potentiation. I have heard of people who use it expressly for sleep taking 37.5-100 mg with 250-750 mg of paracetamol. The diphenhydramine-paracetamol combination appears to be important to helping with sleep. Often people add naproxen, ibuprofen or the like if they are actually having pain. Chlorphenamine is 4 mg.

For folks with other things:

Phenyltoloxamine and doxylamine are ethanolamine antihistamines and excellent opioid potentiators. Bromphenamine, dexchlorphenamine, and dexbromphenamine are alkylamines. Pyrilamine is the most common ethylenediamine. Meclizine, buclizine, and cyclizine are piperazines. Phenindamine is a piperidine antihistamine, in fact, the one William S Burroughs mentions in Junky named Thephorin. All of the above are very good opioid potentiators.

Folks wanting to boost tramadol or tapentadol may want to start with promethazine, cyproheptadine, or hydroxyzine which have anti-seritonergic effects and will not have bad interactions with it. None of the others is incompatible with them either, as the rest of the first-generation antihistamines are, not to the best of my knowledge and belief including experience with taking all sorts of them with dihydrocodeine and tramadol at the same time, not seritonergics or MAO inhibitors. Nor do they adversely effect metabolism of tramadol. Promethazine may help.

Last edited:
The overall cross-tolerance of first-generation antihistamines with promethazine is minimal in my experience, which I attribute to the chemical dissimilarity. I have tended to start with the usual therapeutic dose of both and adjusting as needed . . . That would be 25-50 mg of diphenhydramine for potentiation. I have heard of people who use it expressly for sleep taking 37.5-100 mg with 250-750 mg of paracetamol. The diphenhydramine-paracetamol combination appears to be important to helping with sleep. Often people add naproxen, ibuprofen or the like if they are actually having pain. Chlorphenamine is 4 mg.

For folks with other things:

Phenyltoloxamine and doxylamine are ethanolamine antihistamines and excellent opioid potentiators. Bromphenamine, dexchlorphenamine, and dexbromphenamine are alkylamines. Pyrilamine is the most common ethylenediamine. Meclizine, buclizine, and cyclizine are piperazines. Phenindamine is a piperidine antihistamine, in fact, the one William S Burroughs mentions in Junky named Thephorin. All of the above are very good opioid potentiators.

Folks wanting to boost tramadol or tapentadol may want to start with promethazine, cyproheptadine, or hydroxyzine which have anti-seritonergic effects and will not have bad interactions with it. None of the others is incompatible with them either, as the rest of the first-generation antihistamines are, not to the best of my knowledge and belief including experience with taking all sorts of them with dihydrocodeine and tramadol at the same time, not seritonergics or MAO inhibitors. Nor do they adversely effect metabolism of tramadol. Promethazine may help.

Which of the following antihistamines do you think is the most sedating:

Promethazine
Diphenhydramine OR
Chlorphenamine

Which of the following antihistamines do you think is the most sedating:

Promethazine
Diphenhydramine OR
Chlorphenamine

Promethazine is -- as a phenothiazine it has extra mechanisms other antihistamines do not have. It is the only one I have never heard of never stimulating anyone.

Yeah I've seen that chart its on Wiki isn't it. I've always likened the high from DHC similar to Oxycodone if enough is taken. I should of known I'd have a histamine response putting 420mg of DHC into my body, I should of used Promethazine before hand.
To EVO: Yeah, I only quote wikipedia, because I am an editor for the site, in spare time, and the modulators on their are strict, and only allow sourced material to stay part of the informational content that resumes on their article pages, and in these cases, a chemical/chemistry area, they rely on strict credible unequivocal conclusions. Which is usually is off of extensive documentation of lab work perform on comparing the chemicals equally qualitative doses, translating to each other relatively.
Now, if you're talking about potentiating one substance, the opiate/opioid along with its respective potentiating chemical. Then it is entirely drug dependent, on what the opiod is, and whatever else you're taking with it, to potentiate it. is before you can even start to re compare the relative strength. Usually most all of the drugs that are psychoactively identified as being in the classification of chemicals, of which, are generally equipping properties of sedatives,. So basically, any type of sedative will have some sort of potentiating effects on opiates. Depending on tolerance and brain chemistry, drugs like benzodiazepines could increase opiate effects tremendously, causing an individual who is chemically dependent on an opiate solely, to only have to take somewhere in between 1/2 to 3/4ths of their opiate of choice.
-MystickChemistrick33

Chlorphenamine Maleate is the one I've taken before taking codeine/DHC because it's apparently designed for food/drug reactions, but isn't as sedating as Promethazine/Diphendhydramine. I also have it on hand for peanut allergy as well as an adrenalin epipen

One more question.. does Promethazine cause short term memory loss in high doses?

I dont think you could accurately predict the dose op they are just to different drugs better off just trying yourself with some trial and error