• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone and Xanax Mix

nosupervillianz

Greenlighter
How dangerous in reality is mixing these 2? I understand that you get respiratory depression from Oxycodone / Xanax alone, but if you actually were to combine them would you really die? Or are people being super careful? I just bought a ton of Oxys, Xans and an assortment of other things and I do want to be safe, but I still want to enjoy myself. I read one story where a man had combined them and had extreme shallow breathing and had to fight to stay awake, but only lasted for about an hour or so and things slowly returned to normal. Is that just an effect, or is it really an OD? For clarification I dont have a tolerance to either, I do have experience with Xanax though. I was planning on dosing around 60+ mg Oxy and 8 mg Xanax

Do not mix opiates and benzos it's extremely dangerous, and even people who are experienced with both drugs have overdosed and died from it.

If you want to take oxy and you have never taken it, take only 5mg of it and see how you react to it. Do not take more than 10mg of the oxy at once. Take the pills orally. Keep in mind that opiates can be extremely addictive.

I've never used any benzos recreationally so I have no idea about those but start on an extremely low dose, and do not combine the benzo, or opiate with any alcohol. If you take too many benzos you will black out.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
60mg oxycodone on it's own is way too much for someone with no tolerance and 8mg alprazolam on it's own is way way too much.
And yes, combining those two is extremely dangerous, even with a tolerance.
Just visit the Shrine, a lot of people there died because of an opioid/benzo combo.
Don't do it!!

A safe dose for someone without a tolerance is 10mg oxy or 0.5mg alprazolam

OP, that dose would probably kill an opiate naive person. Please use the search engine and Google to research each drug before mixing them. A fraction of each would be plenty and that also is dangerous.

OP may have more questions pertaining to his drugs. We'll give thread another shot.

I'm glad you opened it. Seriously need to say benzo and opiate combo is not cool. Never take them together..... If anything please space them a good 4 hours apart and never do it alone. At least if you have someone to keep an eye on you then worst case scenario medical professionals can be called and rescue breathing can be done until a respirator and narcan can be obtained.

Life's precious don't waste it chasing a high that's really only just am attempt to sleep

^^Great point. OP, the way you phrased your post, leads us to believe that you may not know much more then the names of the drugs you are dealing with. We want you alive. So ask all the questions you want, but don't combine anything until you know your stuff, including tolerance to each of the drugs you have. What are the lowest doses you have and what is your experience?

Sorry didnt mean to scare everyone!
The highest dose of Xanax I've taken before is 3 mg at one time but usually it was .5 - 1 mg at a time. Beyond that has just been weed & LSD.
Based on the replies so far it does seem pretty dangerous to mix, so since I shouldnt mix them, separately what would be fair doses? Really more towards the Oxy as I have no experience with it, so a small dose for a first timer on it.

Sorry didnt mean to scare everyone!
The highest dose of Xanax I've taken before is 3 mg at one time but usually it was .5 - 1 mg at a time. Beyond that has just been weed & LSD.
Based on the replies so far it does seem pretty dangerous to mix, so since I shouldnt mix them, separately what would be fair doses? Really more towards the Oxy as I have no experience with it, so a small dose for a first timer on it.

Taking too much xanax, like a few mg can result in a blackout (you do a bunch of stupid shit you won't remember the next day and in the worst case you endanger yourself or others). Been there, done that and it's not worth it. Plus benzo addiction and withdrawal can be hell on earth and in the worst case could kill you. Best idea would be to reserve the xanax for panic attacks etc.

Regarding the oxy, 10mg would be a good starting point, if you don't feel anything you could up your dose by 5mg per hour, but don't exceed 30mg for your first time.
But don't forget that opioids are really addictive and most addicst started with a few pills here and there.

I'm really glad you posted here. if you had gone and done 60mg oxy your first time PLUS 8mg xanax when you've only done at most ~3mg, you would almost surely be dead. I would NOT combine those two at all, nevermind in such high doses and nevermind when you don't have a tolerance.
oxy -- start, as stated, at 10mg ON IT'S OWN; if you need more increase your dose SLOWLY, make sure you give it enough time to kick in.
xanax -- do the MINIMUM amount needed to get you feeling good. w/ alprazolam (xanax) in particular there is a fine line between "buzzed" and "blacked out;" take care not to cross it.

I'm probably going to get hell for this, as well as I should, because it goes against hr, nevertheless, it is my opinion..

In an opiate/benzo naive person, yes this could result in od. In an opiate/benzo tolerant person, this will reult in a fun night. Also, instant release is far safer than extended release! It's important not to over do the xanax though. Methadone +xanax is a far more dangerous combo imo.

- Hopeless 7nos

I have almost died a number of times from that combination. It is an odd moment when you get hit with narcan in an ambulance and are immediately in seering withdrawal, but still can't keep your eyes open from the xanax. This is also expensive. Riding in ambulances is more expensive than many commercial flights.

This has happened when I was using both drugs very heavily. It has happened on less than my normal dose as well. There are a lot of factors that can go into how it effects you, but it is best not to tempt fate.

Be careful messing with those two classes of drugs. The addiction is insidious in how it creeps up on you, and the withdrawals are hell on earth.

I almost died from .3 of some blowback heroin, 1.5MG xanax and 3-4OZs of codeine syrup. Really dont know how I didnt die but was nodding and would jolt out of my nod gasping for air. It felt like when you jump up in your sleep and you get that sinking feeling in your chest

I certainly used the combo (prescription) but I was extremely tolerant to the oxycodone.

Look, unless you have current experience and you are actually using these drugs daily (Dependence and Addiction) it's a bad idea.
The good news is that if you aren't tolerant then you can take 20mgs of oxy and get high OR you can take 0.5-1mg of alprazolam and get high. No need to take such combos if you can still get high on either drug on its own. Take care

Very dangerous indeed.

Last time i did it I took 60mg of roxy which I wasn't very experienced with along with a half bar of xanax which I was very tolerant with.

I was taking between 2-4 mg xanax daily so a half bar didn't seem like a lot. I was just chillin on the couch with my roommates had a couple brews, nodded off a little and woke up to my friends slapping me saying I was struggling to breath.

I still do oxy and xanax just never together.

^ Well you also added a 3rd cns depressant, in alcohol..

-hs

Dude you have no tolerance and your going to eat 60mgs of oxy? You're going to get sick as fuck...I'm glad you asked first about the combo...there is another thread up here on OD where the kid took his combo (I think it was dxm, ambien, Effexor, and lyrica) then asked bluelight about it after he already took it aaaand yeah, he died.

I agree with Hopeless Soul, I love mixing oxy and xanax. But not in the doses you are talking about OP. I'm experienced and 30mg oxy with 2mg xanax gets me pretty high but not in a dangerous way. I couldn't imagine taking 60mg oxy with 8mg of xanax. That's for seasoned veterans. Lol

I didn't read through the entirety of the thread, but responding to the original post, it's really impossible to say how dangerous the combination is for a specific person. However, most of the people I've known that have OD'd, were combining either benzo's or alcohol with an opiate. I even had this friend who's cousin died from taking a couple percocets and a xanax bar. On the other hand, I've loaded up on ungodly amounts of benzos and then shot tons of heroin thousands of times and only OD'd a few of those times-not recommending it but what I'm trying to say, it's not a 'sure thing' that you will die, however you increase your chances exponentially when combining the two, that is a fact.

Do not mix opiates and benzos it's extremely dangerous, and even people who are experienced with both drugs have overdosed and died from it.

If you want to take oxy and you have never taken it, take only 5mg of it and see how you react to it. Do not take more than 10mg of the oxy at once. Take the pills orally. Keep in mind that opiates can be extremely addictive.

I've never used any benzos recreationally so I have no idea about those but start on an extremely low dose, and do not combine the benzo, or opiate with any alcohol. If you take too many benzos you will black out.

Stay safe.
I just did about 30 mgs worth perc on 2 MGS xans. Why I keep waking up?:( you provide false promises