• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxy questions

Cami187

Bluelighter
Hi everyone hope everyone's well in the new year.

I just wanted to fire a few questions about oxycodone to the ones with more knowledge.

A little background info I've tried codeine and dhc as the only opiates I've dabbled with also had a few unsuccessful toys at poppy tea lol I have a bunch of pods anyways.

I want to try oxy I can get hold of 20mg extended release from a friend he's willing to give me them as his mum doesn't need the prescription anymore. Now he gave me 4 and said to be very careful with them as there addictive like heroin.

I'm going to try 1 tonight after work he said to take the xr stuff off and then split the pill into 4 quatres and try a quarter every 30 mins until I feel good. He said his first time he did it the same way and had all 4 quatres snorted he said by the 3rd 1 he was feeling it but not too strong and started nodding slightly after the last quarter.

Is this a safe way for me to try it my first time I don't want to be od'ing with my partner n kids upstairs in bed lol and also how likely am I to become addicted is this a first time thing like heroin I understand heroin won't hook u first time but even heroin addicts say stay away so thought I'd ask.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

oxy's is nothing like H right off the bat but it does give you a nice high
yeah cut it in 4 and just take a quarter then titrate up if needed you can always take more, never less
oxy's are notorious for creating a addiction so be aware of the possibility
and the time frame of becoming addicted mentally can be as fast as taking that first dose
physically it depends on your body but it doesnt take long to do so
if you plan to take them randomly then thats fine but dont make a habit of it
trust me oxy's are not a fun thing to be addicted to plus the cost for one pill can be ludicrous

dont keep taking more and more if you dont feel anything right off the bat thats how you can get into trouble then you can easily OD

Also i suggest taking them orally instead of nasally. Much better bioavailability.

No problems thanks for the wise words I'll take them on board cheers :)

I think every 30 minutes is a good way to pace yourself the first time. Too many people take one and then take another after 5 minutes because the buzz hasn't started yet and then another after 10 min and then another 10 min later because they're getting impatient and then after 45 min or so the tsunami hits them and they're dead. My honest advice after nearly 5 years of regular usage is once you find a dose that gives a decent buzz stick with it, don't up the dose. Also, don't use more than once a week, even if you had a totally shitty day. That's been my routine and my tolerance hasn't budged.

Thanks for the advice. I had a very good night BTW not much sleep afterwards but still thoroughly enjoyable keep craving another bash but I k ow how dangerous that would be to give in. I have a very addictive personality as it is but a strong will power too I was a raging ritalin and alcoholic head at the age of 17 and pulled myself out of them with no help so I know my limits I suppose thanks for the kind words people it is appreciated x

Edit: another quick question say I leave it a week would I be ok snorting the whole 20mg even those it's my second time and no tolerence?

It would probably be okay, but like i said before...you should really take it orally instead of snorting it.
The bioavailability is much higher when taken orally, stronger effects and longer duration.

I tried both I did half swallowed and half snorted and preferred the snorted but Yeh I'll just swallow that little bitch next time lol am I rite in scratching the coating off them

You probably liked it more because it kicks in faster when snorted.
However orally the bioavailability is around 90% and snorted around 50%.

So you lose alot in strengt and even moreso in duration.

I dont know if scraping off the coating is enough to remove the extended release mechanism.
With the oxys i had i had to use a mortar.

Oxy for me provides a tad bit more happiness (euphoria) then h but h 100% dominated because it has the everything is ok feeling

i have 5/325 oxycodone/acetaminophen that i got for torn ligaments in my ankle; i'm no stranger to opiates (prescription types) but also no expert. I i've been taking them for almost 2 weeks now with the same result: if i take 1, it doesnt do much of anything; if i take 2 i start lightly nodding off; if i take 3 then i may'as'well just go to bed because it's the biggest struggle of my life to even keep my eyes open. once that initial "sleepiness" effect wears off i wouldn't even say that i feel high. so.... any insight comments / suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

@obstacle
To me taking 2 in your case seems to be a good dose. ^^
Are you on any other medication?

Every time I took H it was pure shit! Couldn't do anything - if I did, I became sweating and very nauseous instantly. I hate that! Can't be compared with Oxy in my Opinion. And I actually like it to snort it for its onset. I (5'4"/130lb, low tolerance) took usually doses from 5-10mg. I preferred the German OXYGESIC (that some people say are equivalent to OxyContin, but I haven't had the chance to prove that yet) and relating those you have to remove the coating and then crush it to remove ER mechanism. Oxycodone is one of the opioids suitable to be combined with stimulant drugs. But don't make the mistake and combine it with alcohol, because alcohol is a pretty spoiler of precious opioids! And, if you take too much, in my opinion that spoils the effects, too. I definitely prefer low to moderate doses over high doses. I don't like too strong sedation (is that the correct vocab btw?).

Hydrocodone or Hydromorphone? My experiences:

Hydrocodone (Dicodid): Very low sedating, but very very subtle. I didn't feel much of them (5-10mg orally)

Hydromorphone (Palladon): Low sedating, also subtle. The first 2 times were really great, but after that I encountered much less euphoria. That's really confusing and until now I haven't found the reason for this. It's driving me insane not to know why. Since then, I use it in combination with Oxy. Saves much Oxy! Doses were from 0.4mg to 6mg (intranasal).

Until now, Oxy is my favorite! Oxy is great! And if not taken too much, it's not very sedating! What are your doses? I also used it high-dose (30-50mg nasally) to defy optical and tactile hallucinations caused by MDPV - that worked, I will start a thread soon!

Some time later, I plan to try Oxymorphone. I have never taken that since it's not available in Germany.

Last edited:
@zirbeldude2
it does feel like the best dose. How do you think caffeine would affect my oxycodone "high"? i was thinking of drinking an expresso but I don't want to potentially kill the high. I also have a prescription for Clonazepam (1mg) that I'm supposed to take 1 every 8 hours but with the Oxycodone I've been taking 3-5mg of the Clonazepam since once the initial "nodding" stage fades, I don't feel much of anything from the Oxycodone; like I said. I'm not sure if my physical body positioning has anything to do with how the Oxycodone affects me; I tore the ligaments in my ankle which is I have Oxy in the first place, but with that being said I'm mostly just spending my days sitting with my injured ankle propped up.
thanks for replying, looking forward to your reply to this post as well
:D

@Cami

Just remember those are extended release, so it may take longer for your motor to kick into overdrive. And don't take meds every 30 minutes because you, with little tolerance, will have it all hit you at once, or feel very little at all.

Take 1/2, wait a few hours to see if it peaks, if not then take the other 1/2. You can stick to the quarter route, or whatever you feel safest with your tolerance.

As far as heroin and oxycodone being similar...yes, addictive, but heroin is such a hit or miss in purity and quality. With oxy you at least know what you're getting.

My tolerance is so high, I envy that you can take such small amounts and feel it. I've taken over 200mg of oxycodone in a day when in pain.

I miss the days when 5mg oxycodone would do the trick ...made me clean house, be social and loving. Heroin , good heroin, boost mood, but I'm kinda lazy, less social, and don't want to be touched.

@obstacle
Be carefull, combining benzos with opioids/opiates can cause respiratory depression.
The espresso wont kill the high but the clonazepam does.
Benzos increase nodding but decrease euphoria from opioids/opiates.

The position of your body doesnt affect the effects of oxycodone on you.

@obstacle
Be carefull, combining benzos with opioids/opiates can cause respiratory depression.
The espresso wont kill the high but the clonazepam does.
Benzos increase nodding but decrease euphoria from opioids/opiates.

The position of your body doesnt affect the effects of oxycodone on you.

This ^^
CNSD/RD can have deadly consequences.