• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy. I think I need help to stop.

Axolotln

Bluelighter
I think I need help. 180mg a day now, I keep trying to cut down but I don’t make it last 24 hours. I’m not working or parcipating in community anymore. I’m getting mentally unwell as much as physically. I’ve been on and off before, I started using again as my physical pain became intolerable and kept using because I didn’t want to be in pain again and as is common I kept taking it in higher doses not to get high but to avoid pain. Advice? I have successfully isolated myself and set up a situation where I can disappear for a few more months before anyone would contact me for bills or rent etc. I can’t go on as I am, I feel 99% hopeless, but I don’t want to die either; I am 1% hopeful that someone here can help me see a new solution or direction to try, give some advice on tapering as I can’t stop without WD or just suggest anything that could help me to help myself change direction

Edit: been using for most of the last 2 years, mostly daily with a couple months off once. Multiple times a day/habit for at least 6 months.

Last edited:
I kept taking it in higher doses
Hi.
Can I ask at what dose are you now with oxy and how often?
I am not the biggest fan of admitting to be powerless but do feel that recognizing a personal issue is the best way to start doing something about it as if there is no problem there is no need to do anything.

Whic
I thought your thread in Health and Recovery was going well. Do you think you need more help than the members were giving you and need to make a separate thread to get different opinions. Your last post in that thread is identical to your first post in this thread.

People were trying to help you in your other thread and I thought they were doing a good job. Also your other thread says " pressed" oxy and I think you realize that it is fentanyl. So members think you are taking oxycodone.......and you aren't. So getting off fent is a bit trickier than oxy.

I'll leave this here for now but I think if you stick to your thread in H and R that's where people were really helping you. I know you want more opinions so hopefully you will get them here. You might want to change your thread title to " Fent......I need help " That way members can give you some hints. Oxy and fent are NOT the same.

Good luck.
Which thread? [exit: I just checked and I just logged back in after an absence and responded to someone else’s thread, that is not my thread, I then considered I need my own thread as I have a different issue and not hijack their post?

Also I won’t share how I get supply but it’s definitely not fent, it’s IR Oxy.

Ok gotcha. Mea culpa.

You just responded on the pressed oxy thread. My bad. I apologize.

So you are on real oxy. OK..........carry on.

Hi.
Can I ask at what dose are you now with oxy and how often?
I am not the biggest fan of admitting to be powerless but do feel that recognizing a personal issue is the best way to start doing something about it as if there is no problem there is no need to do anything.
I’m averaging 180mg a day, around 60 or 40 then 80mg IR (not ER) at each dose time, most often 3-4hours apart, other times I make it almost 8 hours but I haven’t made it more than 13 hours apart yet- and then take more to compensate or two doses closer together again. It is getting chaotic and I’m losing. It’s not scheduled but I do note when and how much I am taking.

I'm gonna refill my coffee and go find my reading glasses. I misread your thread ( hey that rhymes ) but I have a few little tips and tricks to get your usage more under control.

I'm an old lady so please forgive my jumping on your ass so early in the morning. I really do hope you accepted my apology.

Before I go...........how old are you and how long have you been taking large amounts ? And your post says you can't share your source ( understandable ) so I take it your Dr. doesn't prescribe. Either way I guess you know they are real ( maybe you buy someone elses script ). Thats cool.

Give me a few to find my damn glasses !!:geek:

Thank you, I just hope others read this post.
I'm gonna refill my coffee and go find my reading glasses. I misread your thread ( hey that rhymes ) but I have a few little tips and tricks to get your usage more under control.

I'm an old lady so please forgive my jumping on your ass so early in the morning. I really do hope you accepted my apology.

Before I go...........how old are you and how long have you been taking large amounts ? And your post says you can't share your source ( understandable ) so I take it your Dr. doesn't prescribe. Either way I guess you know they are real ( maybe you buy someone elses script ). Thats cool.

Give me a few to find my damn glasses !!:geek:
Thank you; and I hold no resentment towards you, honestly I don’t have the energy for that anyway. I appreciate you. To answer your Qs I am in my 30’s, been using most of two years and 100-180 the last six months.

Last edited:
I have to get ready for work but will return to see if maybe I can add something worthy.
I feel if NR is scrambling about for her eyes she has some info to add that will be sensible, appropriate and helpful to most here. ;)
Ya'll try to have a good day and until then... <3

You seem to realize there is a problem, so now you just need to slowly start working on the issue(s).

" I’m not working or participating in community anymore"
Maybe a full time job is out of the question, but this is a good place to start. Bit by bit, get back out there. Maybe just go sit in a park, or go for a walk. Make it a regular thing. Try to say hello to someone. Maybe compliment someone. Make small talk about the weather.

Eventually you might want to help out the community, I pick up garbage because I'm antisocial, but some people like to volunteer with people that need help. I know some people that get a lot out of delivering meals/groceries to disabled people.

Once you fill your life with things to do, it is a lot easier to cut back on drugs.

Once you fill your life with things to do, it is a lot easier to cut back on drugs.
Half the reason I use drugs is my physical disability, and my attitude, I’m not one of those champions that overcome everything with a positive attitude. I’m living evidence of the saying that hurt people hurt people.

I strongly suggest that you look into kratom.
I was using 100mg to 200mg oxy/hydro daily for over 5 years.
I switched to Red Bali kratom (no pill tapering) and had almost zero WD symptoms.
I had tried to quit many times before (rehab, etc) but was unsuccessful.
Kratom did it for me.

K
I strongly suggest that you look into kratom.
I was using 100mg to 200mg oxy/hydro daily for over 5 years.
I switched to Red Bali kratom (no pill tapering) and had almost zero WD symptoms.
I had tried to quit many times before (rehab, etc) but was unsuccessful.
Kratom did it for me.
Kratom is not in my country nor allowed in via post

If tapering cannot be done, it seems like methadone or inpatient detoxification are the two main options here unfortunately. Personally I'd recommend the former (methadone) since I'm not much of a proponent of inpatient detox.

But if you have legitimate chronic pain which absolutely requires opioids the issue is a bit more complex. What is the nature of the pain?

If tapering cannot be done, it seems like methadone or inpatient detoxification are the two main options here unfortunately. Personally I'd recommend the former (methadone) since I'm not much of a proponent of inpatient detox.

But if you have legitimate chronic pain which absolutely requires opioids the issue is a bit more complex. What is the nature of the pain?
I can taper, I just have not succeeded yet; would you know a good plan to win? Times, days etx ? I am aware I will be physically crippled at least for the ?weeks it takes to cut down; I can’t predict what would be after that process either way. I just know what I am currently doing is not okay either but is something that I can and want to change.

Half the reason I use drugs is my physical disability, and my attitude, I’m not one of those champions that overcome everything with a positive attitude. I’m living evidence of the saying that hurt people hurt people.
I understand using drugs for a physical disability. I understand the attitude you have developed. But both are excuses.

I'm not saying you need to overcome anything with a positive attitude (alone). But you can shift your patterns and create a schedule that is more beneficial.

You seem to realize you don't like the current state of things, but when you look at how to change you think, "thats too hard, I can't do that".

Just fucking try. And keep trying.

You are so fucking close to making positive change.

Sorry I took so long. I walked the dog, made some breakfast and found my reading glasses.

So I see kratom is off the table and that is truly sad as it would be a great substance for you. Ok....obviously you get enough oxy's to consume 180 mgs a day.

That's 6 blues ( 30mgs ) and more than you would be prescribed ( IF you could get them prescribed )

Since you have an issue ( pain and disability ) technically you would be entitled to 60 mgs per day ( in the US anyway ). So you take 3 times as much.

What you say kind of doesn't make sense. You say you eat 180 mgs per day yet it's hard to believe that you can access almost 200 ( 30 mg pills ) of REAL oxy's per moth. I guess if you were buying someones script it would make sense but it's hard to believe ( in this day and age ) that anyone is getting that much oxy per month.....just to turn around and sell ( or give ) to you. I mean I don't think you are lying but if it isn't your script you better hope your supplier continues to feed you these pills as a cold turkey WD will NOT be pretty.

If kratom, methadone or suboxone is not in your future plans then I guess you have to come to terms with the fact that you abuse narcotic pain medication and will continue to do so until you run out of money. Or your supply dries up. Or you just plain get sick of taking that much oxy every day.

No wonder you kind of just dropped out of life. You stay high all day....every day. I mean oxy is nice no question but at the doses you take it's just not fun anymore. Just becomes a habit and most doses are probably just to stave off WD. Do you still even get euphoria?

There is no magic bullet anyway for people that have gotten themselves in a pickle with pills. I have found that the only way out is to either let someone else hold them and give you so many per day and no more. Or to just have enough will power to say to yourself that only I can help myself. Because in the end....it's true. Only you can help yourself. I mean we can give you advice but we can't change your life. You are still pretty young. If you don't decide one way or another that you want to have some quality of life before you know it you will be 5 years down the line and posting on here that you are still on 180 mgs per day....or more.

I know this probably doesn't help much. Getting advice from an internet stranger rarely helps. Maybe a trip to some professionals is in order. Those are the people that can really help you. <3

I’m not one of those champions that overcome everything with a positive attitude
Some (like me) overcome with perseverance and a bad attitude.
:oops: What I mean is: When the going gets rough fuck all cause I aint gonna be the one looking like a pussy cause experience has taught me that I can do any thing I want. Takes practice and sometimes a lot of it and failures before we get a grip then its a breeze.
Nothing worth having is easy, IME.
I can taper, I just have not succeeded yet; would you know a good plan to win?
You are on ~180mg a day.
Drop 10mg and wait a week then drop another 10mg. Rinse/repeat.
One may not notice the 10mg drop. If it is too much agony go up 5mg. What we want from the taper is to reach a stable state (somewhere not too uncomfortable) between dosage drops. If it takes dropping 2mg each week or so then we do this.
It isnt easy but tapering makes it easier on the body and mind and one may be able to go about life without undue torture.
Ya came to the right place asking the right questions and getting the answers, friend. Just have to integrate these concepts into your life and bust a nut on the chains that bind you. It can be done and I feel you can do it... just give it a try again and push through all the mental bullshit that may keep holding ypu back.
What dose would you like to be after all?
One

a cold turkey WD will NOT be pretty.
Which is why I am looking for advice on how to cut down and/or change what I am doing for the better.

Or you just plain get sick of taking that much oxy every day.
This one.
No wonder you kind of just dropped out of life. You stay high all day....every day. I mean oxy is nice no question but at the doses you take it's just not fun anymore. Just becomes a habit and most doses are probably just to stave off WD. Do you still even get euphoria?
Habit, no euphoria, preventing WD. Correct.
There is no magic bullet anyway for people that have gotten themselves in a pickle with pills. I have found that the only way out is to either let someone else hold them and give you so many per day and no more. Or to just have enough will power to say to yourself that only I can help myself. Because in the end....it's true. Only you can help yourself. I mean we can give you advice but we can't change your life. You are still pretty young. If you don't decide one way or another that you want to have some quality of life before you know it you will be 5 years down the line and posting on here that you are still on 180 mgs per day....or more.

I know this probably doesn't help much. Getting advice from an internet stranger rarely helps. Maybe a trip to some professionals is in order. Those are the people that can really help you. <3
I will continue searching for anything online here about how to taper or reduce, I can’t seem to find amounts or times or if there’s anything else to change around it all, but I am still looking. Someone else posted on this thread to drop 10mg a week, I can at least try that as it’s achievable, is there another way also?

And thank you.

Hi there.

You're asking some pretty big questions here my friend. All I can say is, the biggest journeys begin with a single step. You're not gonna conquer this shit overnight. It's gonna be a big deal and it's gonna be the most difficult thing you've ever done.

Take steps. There is a huge tendency for people, addicted, habituated, whatever you want to call it, to throw up their arms and say "I'm Done Now". Truthfully, you want the same instant relief that you've been chasing the entire time you've been using the Opioids. You're tired of the pain and you want it to end immediately. Much like the happiness and contentment that we all chase through our drugs, you will find in the end that the real objective that you seek is achieved through hard work and dedication, not through sleight of hand or some gamble.

You need to come up with a plan that makes sense for you. Are you willing to use other drugs in the service of your withdrawal? If so, let me know and we will begin to discuss the most common options available to folks.

Also, there's no need to go any faster than 1mg at a time if you're going to taper. Why do you need to do 10mg at a time? There's just no good reason for it. People are much better suited to less-intense steps. They are less noticeable, these drops, which will make your stability easier to maintain. There will be a continuity to your process in which you will find comfort and safety. You're gonna be a ship bouncing around on the waves. It's gonna seem pretty scary at times, but you can still cling to your ship.

The way you make smaller adjustments is through a process known as volumetric dosing. It's a lot more simple than it sounds. If you take a 30mg Oxycodone table and dissolve that tablet in 30ml of saline, you now have a asolution equal to 1mg per 1ml of solution. This means you can make reductions in increments so slow, they're practically undetectable.

Lett me know how some of this stuff sounds. We are happy to help you. I've withdrawn from Metahdone, Heroin, Morphine, Alcohol and Gabapentinoids, so I have some experience.