• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy detox

Impressive story and really inspiring. I’m 7 days clean on oxy but didn’t start from as deep of a hole as you. You said you want to one day be someone that inspires others on this forum? Well, check that off your list. I’m inspired by you to stay clean knowing that you’re fighting bigger badder demons than I am.

Excercise, meditation, yoga, walks, hydration, long hot showers, supportive wife, being around my 2 little kids... nothing groundbreaking here but they have all helped me.

Message me anytime. Let’s hold each other accountable for making good choices.
I’m glad I can inspire you. That itself helps me. We all have our own journey but as addicts we have to help each other. We’re the only ones that truly understand. Funny you mention hot showers. I’ve actually been doing research but surprisingly cold showers work really well for depression and opiate withdrawa. I started doing it. It actually works. It’s horrible at the time but boy the anxiety, cravings, depression are just completely zapped. Likewise and message me whenever you want. Amazing part of all of this I really don’t have that many inner demons to deal with anymore. I actually started using because I was bored and not challenging myself. So sad. There’s just no excuses any more to use. If you’re honest with yourself then you can really start to recover

Keeping my thread alive. I’m still in the fight. Think it’s day 14. Not sure. Really doesn’t matter. I never believed in counting. If you’re really taking it one day at time then you shouldn’t be counting. And it’s too much pressure. The SEALs say the only easy day was yesterday. That’s my mantra right now. Im hoping the 90 day mark is the magic number. Yesterday I was a freezing sweaty mess. Today absolutely nothing physical Just tired and unmotivated. This disease is definitely coy. You never know what you’ll get each day. But at least I have another day to fight. Looking back my habit was really bad this past summer. I was easily around the 450mg some days. Anyone going through it. It can be done. No matter how deep the hole. But you can’t do it alone. Swallow your pride and ask for help. Sorry for preaching. I know there’s a lot struggling right now. I truly believe if I go on another run it’s over. It’s just like the any given Sunday. It really comes down to inches at a time.

Last edited:
Day 7. You always think the physical is the worst part but the mental is unreal. I just keep singing Alice In Chains. “In to the flood again, same old storm it was back then. So I made a big mistake. Tried to see it my way. Am I wrong. Have I ran too far from home?“.
F*uck I cant wait to get home
Would

Reactions: 311