• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Overdose of lsd are possible ?

I call the amount to black out as the LSD overdose.
However, this unpleasantness can vary, from a 10 second blackout on 2 tabs, to several hours blackout on 10 tabs or more.
Death of the body, however is not a feature of LSD overdoses; it is more a matter of lack of elegance from taking too much of this elegant substance.

Psychic ability may seem more pronounced when under the influence of LSD, but I don't believe it has ever been proven.

However, if you meant "what are the psychological risks of taking very high doses?", then there's only one way to find out. :\

Anyone that denies that high doses of psychedelics are causing problems with their mental health are already too far gone to notice.

Even 'standard' doses are more than capable of taking you to places where you don't want to be.

Depends on the individual tho - I've had far more disturbing feelings sober in real life than I've ever had on high dose psychedelics. On high dose psyches I just tend to laugh my bollocks off and feel fantastic.

If someone tries to chug it like chugging a gallon of water from not so much as an artesian well, they would kill themselves quicker chugging impure Alabama werewolf slammer moonshine than what would happen if they attempted to chug liquid acid

I don’t think someone can die trying to physically poison themselves with it unless they went to extremes which no one ever has there is no point it isn’t feasible nor reasonable unlike with alcohol how likely it is to poison yourself to death on that not even talking in terms of chronic drinker liver death

Erowid says it all really in their extensive LSD vault

News articles of megadosing have been reported I don’t think I have seen one death due to acute toxic lethal dose reached more like behavior and environment causing the death

Now if some snarling black Mabel of a trailer park chemist cooked a batch of bathtub acid up in her trailer shit could hit the fan more likely to die taking NBOMe as likely has been said already sold as acid without your better knowing

I’d be in the ER before I could have any kind of worrisome physical symptom from taking too much pure LSD because my psyche I don’t know what the hell might happen but I wouldn’t so much as try to take a strong dose of acid as it knocks my socks off at very low amounts

It’s not a drug you overdose on unless you are in an acid tribe or something and then they do it tribally intentionally not lethally perhaps primally on some occasions they are acid freaks with gallons at their disposal no one is dying because of their vats

Last edited:
If you're considering taking a massive amount of blotters, remember that there could easily be something not as physically forgiving as LSD in them.

You'd be tired of eating paper way before you'd reach a dangerous dose in LSD blotters, but many compounds that are way more toxic could be mistaken for/sold as LSD at low doses.

Unless you know who synthesized it and are sure of what it is, don't jump straight to a high dose. Work you way up over several times.

Depends on the individual tho - I've had far more disturbing feelings sober in real life than I've ever had on high dose psychedelics. On high dose psyches I just tend to laugh my bollocks off and feel fantastic.
OMG the first time I took LSD I didn't know what I was doing, I just got back from a party extremely hung over thinking let me try this to counter act my hangover. It was amazing 😍 felt really chilled, in touch with the world around. I had friends over that day and laughed my socks of just by looking at them, had to apologise and explain it's the LSD 😂 I don't know too much about the substance but its one i will definitely be trying again.

Going back to the op, I used to microdose daily for about a month. Like 1/10th of a regular dose it was nice, but I also had friends who have tried it and it had no effect on them. They were taking one blotter, then a second, third... Nothing

I don't know if a lethal LSD dose exists in the sense your body shuts down, you may just black out or have an extreme trip. Then ofcourse a benzo would reverse that in a medical setting.

But I agree with someone else who said I would not push it with LSD to find out. If you're lucky enough to have any effect from it stay within the recommended doses, as some people just don't have any effects regardless of dose

Oklahoma City Zoo Experimentedit

"Tusko" was the name of a male Indian elephant at the Oklahoma City Zoo. On August 3, 1962,[6] researchers from the University of Oklahoma injected him with 297 mg of LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide), which is nearly three thousand times the human recreational dose (for an animal weighing roughly one hundred times as much as a human).[a] Within five minutes he collapsed to the ground and one hour and forty minutes later he died. It is believed that the LSD was the cause of his death, although some speculate that the drugs the researchers used in an attempt to revive him may have contributed to his death.[7][8][9][10][11][12]

The LD50 of LSD in humans is around the 300mg mark (3000 X 100ug doses). Obviously psychological damage can occur from a fraction of that dose.

According to Wikipedia-
Lethal dose

Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)
rat, intravenous
16.5 mg/kg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose
Rat LD50 doesn't always equate to human dose. They are quite resistant to PMA (4-methoxyamphetamine), yet it doesn't take much to cause death in humans.
It's down to differing biochemistry in individual species. If you want a comparable LD50, you have to look at higher primates.

lenoard pickard was dosed with ten million hits of LSD in a lab accident and lived to tell the tale.

No lethal dose amount.

But when you apporach the 7-10 tab mark and the trip goes sideways and south your in a hell ride lol and losing your shit.

Lost my shit only twice, and that was within my first ten trips i ever had, cause i was taking wack as big doses before i could handle it.

If someone tries to chug it like chugging a gallon of water from not so much as an artesian well, they would kill themselves quicker chugging impure Alabama werewolf slammer moonshine than what would happen if they attempted to chug liquid acid

I don’t think someone can die trying to physically poison themselves with it unless they went to extremes which no one ever has there is no point it isn’t feasible nor reasonable unlike with alcohol how likely it is to poison yourself to death on that not even talking in terms of chronic drinker liver death

Erowid says it all really in their extensive LSD vault

News articles of megadosing have been reported I don’t think I have seen one death due to acute toxic lethal dose reached more like behavior and environment causing the death

Now if some snarling black Mabel of a trailer park chemist cooked a batch of bathtub acid up in her trailer shit could hit the fan more likely to die taking NBOMe as likely has been said already sold as acid without your better knowing

I’d be in the ER before I could have any kind of worrisome physical symptom from taking too much pure LSD because my psyche I don’t know what the hell might happen but I wouldn’t so much as try to take a strong dose of acid as it knocks my socks off at very low amounts

It’s not a drug you overdose on unless you are in an acid tribe or something and then they do it tribally intentionally not lethally perhaps primally on some occasions they are acid freaks with gallons at their disposal no one is dying because of their vats
There is an instance of a person who IV'D 320mg of LSD and died....

Rat LD50 doesn't always equate to human dose. They are quite resistant to PMA (4-methoxyamphetamine), yet it doesn't take much to cause death in humans.
It's down to differing biochemistry in individual species. If you want a comparable LD50, you have to look at higher primates.
They can also tolerate insane amount of methylphenidate. Ain't MPH completely capable of killing human if consumed some insane amount?