• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Overdose of lsd are possible ?

Thrax

Bluelighter
Hi,

I ask myself, it is possible to make a overdose of lsd ?

How many blotters we can take in maximum for one trip ?

Depends on your tolerance - if you are taking 500mics every week for years I think it becomes harder to overdose. If its your first couple of trips then I think 1000mics plus would be scary.

from this site https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29408722/ "From a physiological perspective, however, LSD is known to be non-toxic and medically safe when taken at standard dosages (50-200μg). The scientific literature, along with recent media reports, have unfortunately implicated "LSD toxicity" in five cases of sudden death. On close examination, however, two of these fatalities were associated with ingestion of massive overdoses, two were evidently in individuals with psychological agitation after taking standard doses of LSD who were then placed in maximal physical restraint positions (hogtied) by police, following which they suffered fatal cardiovascular collapse, and one case of extreme hyperthermia leading to death that was likely caused by a drug substituted for LSD with strong effects on central nervous system temperature regulation (e.g. 25i-NBOMe). "

this doesn't even really sound like good info cause i hear lsd is non toxic in doses a lot higher than 200ugs, like people taking thumb prints are still not experiencing toxicity. maybe i read wrong. i haven't really read about lsd since the early 2000s when i started taking it.. but this is saying that people have died from lsd from heart attacks with cops and stuff, so i would be careful dosing high with heart conditions or maybe some other underlying health problems. even with the heart attacks i've heard people say lsd won't really turn toxic, it will just cause a person to panic and have a heart attack.. i dunno. anybody got any good info on how much it takes to turn toxic?

Fuckin difficult to take fatal overdose of LSD tbh.

But more than possible to take a dose that will fuck you up forever.

You don't push your luck with that stuff mate...

What are the real psychic risk at very high dose ?

Never really find a real source about this.

ultimately impossible to quantify in the same type of clinical/scientific standard that organ damage or death are. Which is why you can't google such a statistic.

how do you even define psychological damage from a drug?

A resulting condition like psychosis, delirium or schizophenria? We know so little about the brain that even with those diagnoses it's impossible to say the drug was the sole causative factor, or if it's something you already had.

The reality is the chance of a permanently negative effect is extremely low, as long as they are used in the appropriate setting.

Psychedelics do not cause mental illness, they only have the potential to exacerbate it in people who were already ill. Namely people with schizophrenia or volatile behavior disorders.

What is the interest in massive doses? Have you experienced what a normal sized dose will do?

I already abused of psychedelics, one time I took 3 blotters of lsd before to take 2 pills of 2cb one hours later.

It was probably the most introspective trip I had with those drugs until now, i saw my "real me" if we can say.

I was only depressed the 2 days that followed.

There has never been a case of someone overdosing on LSD, as far as I am aware of. Its one of the safest drugs for your body. Sure people have lost their minds and done something to cause themselves injury or death but I've never heard of a death from an LSD overdose.

There's also rumors, and they may just be rumors, but when I was young I would go to Rainbow Gatherings and the like. Supposedly, if you were a narc or a rapist or something else heinous, the family would tie you to a tree and put a gram in your mouth. This was killing you without actually killing you, because you would be a different person afterwards.

Prolly just rumors or likely exaggerated.

I think there is a story floating out there, where someone mistook LSD thinking it was cocaine. I could not imagine.

Physically speaking, LSD is one of the safest drugs out there. I can't think of many substances where you can take 100x doses and be physically ok.

Even caffeine, avg dose being 90mg, toxic effects can be seen as low as 1,000mg with a fatal dose being 5-10g (55-110 cups of coffee)

Last edited:
There's also rumors, and they may just be rumors, but when I was young I would go to Rainbow Gatherings and the like. Supposedly, if you were a narc or a rapist or something else heinous, the family would tie you to a tree and put a gram in your mouth. This was killing you without actually killing you, because you would be a different person afterwards.

Prolly just rumors or likely exaggerated.

I think there is a story floating out there, where someone mistook LSD thinking it was cocaine. I could not imagine.

Physically speaking, LSD is one of the safest drugs out there. I can't think of many substances where you can take 100x doses and be physically ok.

Even caffeine, avg dose being 90mg, toxic effects can be seen as low as 1,000mg with a fatal dose being 5-10g (55-110 cups of coffee)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found once source for that story 👍

How much would it take to overdose?​

There’s no straight answer, but research suggests that a dose ranging from 50 to 200 micrograms is both non-toxic and medically safe when used on its own in a safe setting. For reference, a typical tab of acid usually contains 100 to 200 micrograms.

As for how much LSD really is too much, this 2020 paper summarizes a few case studies that provide some clues.

In one case, a 15-year-old accidentally ingested between 1,000 and 1,200 micrograms of LSD at a party and had to be hospitalized overnight. A 26-year-old woman who attended the same party accidentally ingested approximately 500 micrograms of LSD but didn’t require hospitalization.

In another case, a 49-year-old woman who took morphine as prescribed for foot pain accidentally snorted 55 milligrams of LSD, thinking it was cocaine. While she didn’t require medical attention, she experienced frequent vomiting for 12 hours and lost some memories of the event. She stopped vomiting after 12 hours but continued to feel “pleasantly high” for another 12 hours. The authors noted that 55 milligrams is about 550 times more than what’s found in a tab of LSD.

Much older research from 1973Trusted Source estimated that a lethal dose of LSD for humans could be around 14,000 micrograms (14 milligrams), but this is considerably less than the amount ingested by the woman in the case above.

link to source

I had a personal friend who ate 100 hits of very strong acid to avoid being prosecuted by police. They kept him detained even though they had no evidence to punish him, just the way the Chicago Police played back in the early 1970''s. He did have to learn a lot of things over again and was never the same but was never in real medical danger of dying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found once source for that story 👍

I had a personal friend who ate 100 hits of very strong acid to avoid being prosecuted by police. They kept him detained even though they had no evidence to punish him, just the way the Chicago Police played back in the early 1970''s. He did have to learn a lot of things over again and was never the same but was never in real medical danger of dying.
Learn a lot of things over again?

Psychic ability may seem more pronounced when under the influence of LSD, but I don't believe it has ever been proven.

However, if you meant "what are the psychological risks of taking very high doses?", then there's only one way to find out. :\

Anyone that denies that high doses of psychedelics are causing problems with their mental health are already too far gone to notice.

Even 'standard' doses are more than capable of taking you to places where you don't want to be.

Last edited: