• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Out of body experience/ Astral Projection

If you want an out of body experience, get your self some quality bose head phones, the ones that block out sound, get your self some stellar ambient music, throw a blind fold on while listening to the ambient music and smoke 100mg of some high quality DMT. You will without a doubt leave your body. Enjoy your astral projection into a new dimension.

I've read that certain psychedelics activate new areas of the brain, allowing extraordinary human development. It's suggested that there are eight 'mini brains' or circuits in the human brain. Some of these circuits many people never activate, leaving the ratio of extraordinary individuals lower than the ordinary. The left side of the brain is activated since you are an infant, while the right is activated later in development through meditation,psychedelics,yoga and other medications.

Take a look at this chart to get an idea of what I mean http://deoxy.org/img/7chak_colors_signs_circuitscopy.jpg

This is Timothy Learys outlook on this idea

"To understand neurological space, Dr. Leary assumes that the nervous system consists of eight potential circuits, or "gears," or mini-brains. Four of these brains are in the usually active left lobe and are concerned with our terrestrial survival; four are extraterrestrial, reside in the "silent" or inactive right lobe, and are for use in our future evolution. This explains why the right lobe is usually inactive at this stage of our development, and why it becomes active when the person ingests psychedelics. "

If you're looking for an OOBE I suggest DMT or LSD, I found that you can go far with LSD and meditation.

In my experience, out of body experiences have been both beneficial and destructive in my life.

Said experiences gave me a feeling that not all in life is completely meaningless or knowable. It was one of the catalysts that changed me from an Atheist to an Agnostic. So, it gave me comfort that I do not know everything there is in life, and therefore do not have the authority over the unknown such that I can compartmentalize it.

The downside of said experiences was that I would astral project at random, sometimes when I was at work. It was debilitating. I could not function in normal society because I was afraid that reality would dissolve out of thin air, and I would suddenly not be able to comprehend my native tongue. The medication I was put on was supposed to help (especially the clonazepam), however it simply exacerbated the problem, because once I became hopelessly dependent on benzos, whenever plasma concentrations of said drug dipped below a certain threshold, I would fall back into my own hell.

Fortunately, given enough time and enough mind-numbing drugs in consistent quantities, my experience of reality was continuous and convergent with most others. When I lost the fear of astral projection, I seem to have permanently lost the state of mind that is needed for it to occur spontaneously, such that I no longer need any drugs to be normal. Of course, I still imbibe in pleasures.

I don't really think DMT projections are astral projections... I think they are just hallucinations.

Do people who use DMT to access these worlds experience an after glow that lasts for the whole day? When I always project(without drugs) into the astral world, I get this sensation in my body, like my whole body is still vibrating and Im extremely energetic the day after. Albert taylor's book soul traveler mentions this, as he the author, experiences it.

def possible via lucid dreaming but ime i can't "just do it" w/out some amount of preparation.
when i was a little kid i used to regularly "watch from the corner" during incidents of abuse. i didn't know the word "dissociation" but i was very aware that i was def stepping outside my body.
when i was 23 i hemorrhaged and lost more than 50% of my blood volume after a tonsillectomy and had a very vivid obe/nde, one of the most intense experiences i've ever had...
fascinating topic
-izzy

Sleep paralasys

Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and have been looking into sleep paralasys. For the past few nights I have been waking up and unable to move at all for a good few minutes. I slowly regain movement, but only with maximum effort.

I also feel like there are people trying to get into my room from outside and I'm having some really vivid dreams about vampires / monsters etc.

I've been aware and tried on many occasions to master astral projection, but never got anywhere with it. I've not tried at all recently but must admit I'm major league freaked out by what's going on a the moment.

Any thoughts / feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks
Bedderbay

Try Nitrous Oxide.
My best OBE's on the astral plane occured while on either LSD or mushrooms where I would have a meditative trip (at not even that high of dosing) and prepare a huge balloon with like a case (24) of NO2 chargers so that I didn't have to keep cracking them - ya know.
I just meditated until I was in a really good place, getting Open and closed eye visuals about karmic energy, etc... Then I kicked in with the nitrous, just breathing calmly, only nitrous until I was so out that I dropped the balloon.
I went to a place "outside" of the world and myself where there was just an absence of light except for what I could only describe as energy converging where I am pretty sure the intersection of consciousness and reality lay. Hard to describe.
I have been a lifelong practitioner of meditation and acupuncture and while I feel as though I've transcended reality during meditation, it was nothing like this.

Wrote a poem to try and seed Astral Projection into my subconscious.

Astral Projection
The Mind-Body Disconnection
To Explore a New Dimension
On the Path to Ascension

Hope it helps someone!

I've had them in dreams or during lucid dreams does that count?

I didn't get an OBE from an isolation flotation tank like slayed wrote about but it just made me feel as though I was floating in space.

Eating herb just made me feel as though my body was floating/spinning when I closed my eyes and laid down, no OBE.

I've inhaled n2o just from a few whipped cream cans while stoned and once on 1.5g of mushrooms after smoking some herb, and when getting dental surgery before getting injected with valium and I didn't get an OBE from n2o at all.

LSD at high doses can make me feel sort of removed or an observer to myself but it's not the same as an OBE that I've had in a lucid dream. This didn't happen from mushrooms.

I've never smoked/freebased DMT or used it recreationally as a drug.

Last edited:
you have to REALLY will it and WANT it.

most likely it's not just going to spontaneously happen, in the case that it did that would be an OBE not Astral Projection.

I have had out of body experiences, and became pure energy, traveled through space, and then back to my body which was asleep but I have only done this maybe 3-4x at the most over 20 years, and I never made contact with entities or went to other universes, etc. I did, oddly enough have contact with a friend's wife who gave me different types of medicine which allowed 'me' as energy while lucid dreaming to go into space, and other places.

The experiences happened while lucid dreaming and I was not on or using any drugs. They were also not like the out of body experiences I have had while on large doses of LSD, mushrooms, or edible cannanis-all taken separately not in combination. I have never used DMT or Ayahuasca/yage. I do not have any mental illnesses, delusions, hallucinations, or hear voices, etc.

I know I am not the only one to have had this happen as I have met other people who have done this.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure what an out-of body experience is supposedly all about. ;) Apparently, some have done it willfully, like an AP and out-of body combo.. Though that seems extreme to me
-G

Well, I finally did it. I spent more than an hour in the astral plane. Not sure how I accomplished the astral projection. I think it was a short episode of sleep paralysis that made me lucid enough to get right into it, but there wasn't any effort involved that I remember.

My merkaba fully activated sometime during the experience.

I really feel like Astral Projection has had a profound effect on my healing. Has anyone experienced anything like that?

Well, I finally did it. I spent more than an hour in the astral plane. Not sure how I accomplished the astral projection. I think it was a short episode of sleep paralysis that made me lucid enough to get right into it, but there wasn't any effort involved that I remember.

My merkaba fully activated sometime during the experience.

I really feel like Astral Projection has had a profound effect on my healing. Has anyone experienced anything like that?

Oh, so you are still astral projecting. You told me otherwise. Don't wonder why you keep having demons visiting you.

In my experience, lucid dreams are more structured, creating more boundaries and limitations. For example: say you can fly in a lucid dream but you can't go beyond a wall to get to a bigger area to fly in. In the astral plane, you can just phase through the wall. There's definitely a "different feel" I'd say. Almost like you just know it's AP vs lucid dreaming. Limitations seem so absent in the astral world that doing anything you want seems to be the general sense of feeling you can accomplish with experience.

It may be different for others, though. My lucid dreams suck compared to AP.