• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OTC Loperamide for Withdrawal... Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of dose would deal with the depression and anxiety? I might try and use it to get rid of a Poppy Pod habit that is getting out of hand.

What kind of pod habit do you have? I ended up taking a total of 12mgs, and I would never exceed 20mgs. I think that loperamide is best used at the end of a taper to deal with the lingering symptoms a bit, or taken to bridge the gap between days that you may not be able to use.

My suggestion is to taper as much as possible with the pods or other opiates, and then use the lope at the end, in doses of 8-20mgs

For anxiety I would say about 40mg would do you good.

No placebo this way. I've used Loperamide about 20 times at the very least. I get the same effects every time.
The first time I tried it I stopped at the local 7 Eleven and bought a box of imodium for about 7 bucks. It came with about 12 2mg pills. About 35 minutes after that i drank a whole bottle of the stuff. An hour after that I'm blissfully working.

What I want to know is more about its blocking abilitys that I've heard of. Does it have a high affinity like bupe, or does it just saturate your receptors like methadone??

Loperamide is no panacea nor is it placebo. You can't placebo your way through opiate detox.

It's common knowledge that like 50% of an opiates analgesia occurs through peripheral activity. This has been known for decades, and was reconfirmed when developing methylnaltrexone(peripheral antagonist).

So I don't see why anyone would be surprised that a peripheral agonist would help with many aspects of WD.

That being said, I don't use it, at all. I don't think it is safe, I think it just prolongs your WD, and possibly even raises your tolerance(and if not raises it, keeps it high when I want it to be dropping). Now, if its an emergency, like you are sick and have to be at work tomorrow, down half a bottle. But personally I would stick to non-opioid comfort meds.

my first trip to detox (uber fun) i went up to the med lady and asked for something additional bc the tramadol they were giving for my heavy heroin habit was doing next to squat. She gave me an immodium. I was pissed...however i took it and found that it vastly significantly helped my withdrawals. No it didnt make them go away, but i was feeling better for sure. Maybe ill chase one on tin foil next time im in detox

Loperamide: Panacea of Placebos

This reminds me of BL circa early 2000's, ie people bashing lope without knowing much about it. Lope works wonders for w/d's, but it is not good for quitting opiates. It will only extend your w/d's and make them extra nasty when you eventually quit altogether.

yes but it wont be as difficult to overcome when compared to those who use say valium, xanax, tramadol, or even sub to combat withdrawal

We need a Lop mega thread. Every week we got a new psot. Actually every other day.

physically, loperamide withdrawal sucks, but the mental aspect isnt nearly as bad.

numerous threads including my self experience suggest one will have little cravings for the compound when trying to get off compared to typical opioids.

it's like being hit by a large truck or van but no depression or anxiety... for many anyway. i consider that a step up. i think id rather come off loperamide than bupe, but the side effects of loperamide are what turn me off (frequent urination, dehydration, BARELY EVER POOPING, general "yuckiness").

Ok...Lope DOESN'T cross the BBB unless you use prilosec or black pepper with it.

Comparing lope to bupe is like comparing a wine cooler to vodka.

For the 90th time, it DOES cross the BBB but most is exported back across by P-gp. In large doses you can produce central effects with P-gp inhibitors but they allow lower doses to be centrally active.

For the 90th time, it DOES cross the BBB but most is exported back across by P-gp. In large doses you can produce central effects with P-gp inhibitors but they allow lower doses to be centrally active.

Lol. I don't know what your smoking but let me get that connect. If Lope crossed the BBB without any other drug it would be flying off the shelf, and kept behind the counter just like DXM is now.

I would LOVE to see what evidence you got to support this claim

It's true. He's saying that although it crosses the BBB it is chemically removed just as rapidly as it enters, therefore it doesn't have enough time to produce CNS effects.

It does cross the BBB however MOST of it is immediately pushed back across the BBB preventing therapeutic doses from having central effects but in far greater doses, central effects can be achieved. At the recommended doses, enough is exported back over the BBB by P-gp to prevent any typical opioid effects but in greater doses, enough remains across the BBB that people will feel central effects without the use of P-gp inhibitors. We lost a prominent member of the BL community who was using massive doses of loperamide with alcohol who was NOT using P-gp inhibitors.

If you don't have any understanding of the science behind how a drug works as it does, please don't spout off as if you did. To say it DOESN'T cross the BBB is patently false and has been demonstrated as such repeatedly around here.

Christ, bugger tryin to get high off this stuff.

That said i've never had constipation off lope.

of course loperamide crosses BBB. there are only so many pgp molecules. how could the human body capture every single molecule of loperamide and export every single one out of the central nervous system without it ever reaching a nerve cell?

we're talking a massive amount of molecules when you take 20 or 50mg. there's no way any enzyme could keep up with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-glycoprotein

pgp can easily "miss" a drug molecule. look at the size of it. it has to be 50 times larger than loperamide.

http://www.filariajournal.com/content/figures/1475-2883-2-S1-S8-2.jpg

theres a crude picture of MRP or PGP. look, there's substrate (loperamide in this case) within the cell! indeed, it has passed the barrier!

Last edited:
What I want to know is more about its blocking abilitys that I've heard of. Does it have a high affinity like bupe, or does it just saturate your receptors like methadone??

What I suspect based on my understanding and experience is that it doesn't REALLY block like methadone OR buprenorphine. You know how if you don't wait long enough before redosing shots, you seem to get greatly reduced effects? Part of the reason that drugs used IV feel so good is because you go from 0-60 so fast, it's the combination of going from 0 to 60 AND the speed that feel so good. When you have loperamide in your system, you already have some opioids in you so aren't at 0 so the shots (or whatever form you use) don't feel nearly as good which people have interpreted as a sort of blocking effect.

I've certainly used opioids when I had bupe in my system and received effects but it doesn't feel as good as being slightly sick or at baseline and taking a nice dose of opioids.

yes, especially with a long half life. you don't realize it, but you're still around 20 or 30mph using cane's analogy, which i like.

also, much of loperamide is excreted in feces and not urine. since bowels become nearly paralyzed, a lot of the loperamide will be re-used and put back in circulation.

this will increase the half life moreso than a clinical trial that only examines small doses spaced out over longer periods of time, for diarrhea symptoms and not pain/opioid management. thus people who use high doses of loperamide are going to experience much longer durations than a 4mg dose in a clinical setting.

Long time lurker, first time posting.

Just wanted to reiterate the greatness of loperamide.

A bit of history at first. I am not a hard core IV user, or even a massive OXY user. I binge on Percs occasionally and I go through withdrawals when I stop. I usually binge for a week or two, then stop for awhile etc. Right now I am coming off of about 50-60 perc 10/325 over the last week or so and without loperamide I would be feeling like shit right now.

For a mild user like myself it works wonders, it basically gets rid of all symptoms for me, I take it for a few days and I'm done. I just make sure I take a few big poops in the morning before I dose with lope so I don't get all clogged up! I don't feel 100% but I can still go to work and be productive around the house ETC.

My recipe for withdrawals is simple:

4 pills of lope, have some benzos handy (I have access to kpins and xanax), some weed, and a few glasses of wine and I am fine.

Now I am not a doctor, nor am I a hard core heroin user not sure if it would work for them but for me it is amazing, wish I had discovered it sooner. In fact, I am on day 2 of no percs and I am getting ready to go out and do yard work and have a dinner party later, things that would be unheard of before without lope. If you are a casual user like me, try it, it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.