• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OTC Loperamide for Withdrawal... Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Wait a bit longer. It would have helped much better on day one and two, but i'm glad you're experiencing some relief. Wait a bit longer.. I experienced more-than usual talkative behaviour. Had dinner with a friend awhile ago and talked a bit more than usual. Felt as if there was more to talk about or.. something. I like it a lot. But tomorrow I get a couple hydromorph and oxymorph headed my way. Dont want to experience any blocking effects.

I guess this shit has a super high affinity then, I can't imagine that it could block by saturating your receptors in the way methadone does, but who knows, that is weird though I think I heard subshooter mention that before. I take it then that it does give you a little bit of a perceived boost of energy makaveli777, if you feel more talkative? That sounds good By me

I would like to see the specifics. More talkative off one that doesn't cross the BBB? How then can it have any psychoactive effects that narcotics typically produce?
Sounds psychosomatic to me.

^ To me, my stomach feeling better and my legs being calm makes me feel better, so therefore there is a lift in my mood, but I don't feel that it is euphoric at all. It's kind of like how people with anxiety get a lot more out of benzos that people than don't have anxiety. It is the relief factor that makes you feel good.

Yes, I recently discovered the magic of lope, but how is withdrawal from the lope?

I honestly don't think that withdrawal from loperamide would be noticeable at all. And no its certainly not euphoric at all. The increased talking is most likely a result from feeling less anxious.

I found out about immodium right here on BL. It's amazing how I never knew about this sooner8(; works great for me with only 2 (2mg) pills. There's a dope drought here been like this a few days but you know for us it's like weeks. Currently I'm on methadone(the smallest amount possible) that i acquired from a neighbor. I'm not physically sick but my mind is playing hell with me!! I figure if this drought goes on a while longer I'll probably just kick and be done with it...yeah right:\

"I have to finish by saying that I do still prefer bupe(especially subutex) to lope but I do like the fact that it is easily attainable and wont put you into a prec withdraw either."

I'm wondering if bupe will precipitate withdrawls from lope? Like how when you're on opiates you have to wait 24-48 hrs. before taking bupe. I wonder if you could use lope as an intermediary between opiates and bupe? Like if you go from using opiates, then use lope for 48 hrs, then use bupe, would the bupe still cause precipitated withdrawls?

Probably not as severely, or at all I would imagine unless you're someone who can get high off it

Would it not just pause/prolong the wd's? like taking a low dose of any other opiate? or does your body continue to withdraw?

I'm not sure is subutex "blocks" the opiate receptors in ALL of your body. Probably just the ones in your brain. And because loperamide is only working on the receptors in your body, than I'd imagine it would NOT precipitate withdrawal symptoms. Thats my logic. It'd take one you to test the theory though, and because somebody mentioned being on subutex then I hope they can report back with some feedback.

be careful with this stuff. several people have died (much higher doses and combined with alcohol).

it is addictive just like any other opioid and you will suffer a long, EXTRA "shitty" withdrawal if used chronically.

also, there is quite a debate about some of the metabolites being dangerous to certain dopamine producing cells. one metabolite being LPP+, similar to MPTP. (causing parkinsons)

my opinion, use it sparingly!

here's an old thread regarding the toxic metabolites: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/331067-Immodium-chemistry...?highlight=immodium

plenty more info out there too.

I'm wondering if bupe will precipitate withdrawls from lope? Like how when you're on opiates you have to wait 24-48 hrs. before taking bupe. I wonder if you could use lope as an intermediary between opiates and bupe? Like if you go from using opiates, then use lope for 48 hrs, then use bupe, would the bupe still cause precipitated withdrawls?

You will experience precipitated withdrawals from loperamide with buprenorphine as you would with any other full-agonist.

Do not forget that loperamide is still a full-agonist opioid. From what I understand, loperamide does indeed cross the blood-brain barrier, albeit in very very tiny amounts as nearly all of it is rapidly pumped back out by p-glycoprotein. So, most of the effects tend take place peripherally as opposed to centrally.

Probably not as severely, or at all I would imagine unless you're someone who can get high off it

See above.

be careful with this stuff. several people have died (much higher doses and combined with alcohol).

it is addictive just like any other opioid and you will suffer a long, EXTRA "shitty" withdrawal if used chronically.

also, there is quite a debate about some of the metabolites being dangerous to certain dopamine producing cells. one metabolite being LPP+, similar to MPTP. (causing parkinsons)

my opinion, use it sparingly!

^Very good advice.

Loperamide is a valuable ally when used correctly. Just want say this one more time, just in case anyone is getting ideas...don't abuse it. It will leave you not only severely disappointed, but also probably with more problems than you started with. Of course the withdrawals from loperamide itself are going to be extremely unpleasant and prolonged, comparable to other full-agonists with long half-lives.

Last edited:
You will experience precipitated withdrawals from loperamide with buprenorphine as you would with any other full-agonist.

Do not forget that loperamide is still a full-agonist opioid. From what I understand, loperamide does indeed cross the blood-brain barrier, albeit in very very tiny amounts as nearly all of it is rapidly pumped back out by p-glycoprotein. So, most of the effects tend take place peripherally as opposed to centrally.

See above.

^Very good advice.

Loperamide is a valuable ally when used correctly. Just want say this one more time, just in case anyone is getting ideas...don't abuse it. It will leave you not only severely disappointed, but also probably with more problems than you started with. Of course the withdrawals from loperamide itself are going to be extremely unpleasant and prolonged, comparable to other full-agonists with long half-lives.

whaat that shit scares me. as well as the guy who said some of it can be damaging to dopamine receptors.. I'll be certain to be careful. I have no plans with trying to get "high" on loperamide. And If I was using it for trying to quit I'ld probably only use it for 4 days as most with a dose starting at about 10mg and decreasing down to one tablet. From what you two have said it sounds like a pretty dangerous drug... I hope it isnt too bad...

Using loperamide in a low dosage for withdrawal is pretty safe, I wasn't trying to scare anybody.

It's important to know both sides of an equation before you attempt to solve it, though, so to speak.

I'm glad that shit was posted though, cause I am dirty enough that I probably would try to get high off this shit

Everybody listen up. I do plenty of research online for OTC ways to get high or to kill the WD symptoms. Loperamide AKA
Imodium works wonders. I actually feel a nice buzz off of it, no joke. My tolerance to Opiates is quite high so i have to pop a 48ct. bottle of the generic stuff to feel good, for a couple days. It dries you up like whoa so drink plenty of liquids. If you smoke cigs or buds you're in for a treat...

but yea, as said above, use it sparingly. I wouldn't recommend doing it any more than 2 times a week. To be honest, you won't need to. It is truly a miracle OTC withdrawel tool.

What sort of dose would deal with the depression and anxiety? I might try and use it to get rid of a Poppy Pod habit that is getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.