• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Otc codeine

I think you can be right nowadays with kids and brat rappers and lean... or doc House's vicodin and all that shit.

Also, in many asiatic and northen african countries people start with opium/ poppies before they become heroin users.

But what Nas and Blondin are telling you is true: during 80s and 90s, in Europe at least, if someone wanted to try an opi for the very first time, it was heroin well over 90% of the cases.
Ye it begin here with poppy pod,raw opii,morphine ampules&substantia,pantopon,fent.flacons,codeine pills,tinctura opii,pethidin-that were old school opiesvfrom old time regime.Then came 90 and heroine weap all out of this(except pods,which we used them to battle H withdrawl...(like methadone).Substitution programs of methadone&morphine sulphate(substitol) came even later-2000

Ok, everyone is different but in my book I found it almost to be equipotent to normal codeine. Couldn’t make out any difference at all.
Ok...but howbyou feel it personallybyou?Codeine in contrast to Dhc.Thatbis matter.Try to dissolve&plug Dhc,cause it got terrible low oral bioavailability.Do you know,that in some Euro countries even had subst.programs with Dhc continus pills(they came in 60,90 and even 120mg each pill)

I must say I am the opposite.

I prefer codeine any day over DHC.

still like DHC but codeine is warmer for me and less stimulating.

I guess my cyp2d6 enzyme is in abundance.

No - hydrocodone is active in it's own right. It's Ki at the mu receptor is 19.8 which is quite good. If memory serves hydromorphone is about 10.8.

Ye it begin here with poppy pod,raw opii,morphine ampules&substantia,pantopon,fent.flacons,codeine pills,tinctura opii,pethidin-that were old school opiesvfrom old time regime.Then came 90 and heroine weap all out of this(except pods,which we used them to battle H withdrawl...(like methadone).Substitution programs of methadone&morphine sulphate(substitol) came even later-2000

Did you tried Substitol fot maintenance? If so, how well it works, is it like regular mst continus?
Has it that natural warm opi feeling? You dose twice a day like with most ER morph?

Ok...but howbyou feel it personallybyou?Codeine in contrast to Dhc.Thatbis matter.Try to dissolve&plug Dhc,cause it got terrible low oral bioavailability.Do you know,that in some Euro countries even had subst.programs with Dhc continus pills(they came in 60,90 and even 120mg each pill)

I remember last 80s when acces to methadone was very restrictive, they, in some places, used to give people little envelopes with 300 mgs codeine purum in salt form, no pills
They also used Buprex(0,2 mgs bupe pills),.

During first 90s they used a combo of Contugesic (60 mgs ER DHC) and Deprancol (150mgs dextropoxiphene).
Then methadone become more widely avaliable, and only later the french trend of Subutex and Suboxone came into play

Did you tried Substitol fot maintenance? If so, how well it works, is it like regular mst continus?
Has it that natural warm opi feeling? You dose twice a day like with most ER morph?
Yep.Substitution program.Capsule 120&200mg Sulphate.One on 24h.Same as MST,(one on 12h)but much more dangerous,cause very easy obtain pure liquid ready for i.v.....so in the end you are in worst position,than doin' H.This is pure stuff.....so and withdrawls are far worst and much longer than H.MST is better,cause it comes in much smaller doses and not proper for injecting(tamper resisting pills).More expensive than methadone ofcourse.(both Mst&Substitol)

Last edited:
Wait what? Is this a tek to turn codeine into heroin?

Sounds unlikely
You can do it codeine to morphine to diamorphine (heroin). It is common in New Zealand, where it's known as homebake. Just there are parts of the first post that don't make sense to me. I've never seen anything about hydrochloric acid turning acetone to acetic anhydride.

Wait what? Is this a tek to turn codeine into heroin?

Sounds unlikely
First after demethylation you turn codeine to morphine.After than with for example-acetat anhydryd turn into H.You can turn opii or poppy straw in H in the same way.That's what russian guys did.There no one drink poppy pod tea...all is homemake anhydrous poppy liquid ready for inject.Here this was not the case.You can't find easily precursors for that purpose...that's why in the old times,when still exist large poppy fields we just drunk tea.

Acetic Anhydride is on the watch list and very difficult to get hold off hence 'black tar' heroin in mexico which acetelyses using acetic acid - vinegar. You can smell it especially if your smoking it.

Ye...remember even H in the 90 had typical smell of acetic acid....and it was afghani brown.At some time a person sold even pure white stuff,which he called white H......ofcourse that was pure morphine powder

....it's also alot cheaper and tar has a high 6- MAM content (I like the high from this gear)

Tried tar only once and it was even better than ordinary brown stuff

I had another pharmacist on my back the other day - went in and said in a loud, steady voice:

"A packet of your finest co-codamol stout yeoman"
"What's it for?"
"A headache"
"Migraine?"
"No, just a headache"
"Have you tried paracetomol"
"Cocodamol is stronger"
"But have you tried paracetomol"
"I have had headaches previously in my life and paracetomol doesn't work as well"
"But have you tried it today?"
"No, I'd like some cocodamol"
"You can have some today but next time try paracetomol"
"Will do"

Reactions: izo
i had those from the uk and dhc also, my girlfriend brought 3 packs from london for me years ago.

Reminded me of an old viz character who went for his dole money and said

"I've come for me dole"
"You need to have filled in form D9084. Then report to my colleague who will give you form D7830, then return here"
"Aye. About me dole, can I have the fucker or not?"

I had another pharmacist on my back the other day - went in and said in a loud, steady voice:

"A packet of your finest co-codamol stout yeoman"
"What's it for?"
"A headache"
"Migraine?"
"No, just a headache"
"Have you tried paracetomol"
"Cocodamol is stronger"
"But have you tried paracetomol"
"I have had headaches previously in my life and paracetomol doesn't work as well"
"But have you tried it today?"
"No, I'd like some cocodamol"
"You can have some today but next time try paracetomol"
"Will do"
Never thought I'd say it was an advantage, but waving my prosthetic limb about, ranting about phantom limb pain, gets the co operation of every pharmacist I've met!

@Ismene2 @fastandbulbous Hahahaha! I know how careful pharmacists are being, or actually HAVE been, for the past 3+ years.
It's rather ridiculous when you know something that will help with YOUR situation more than they know what could help you.
"Have you tried a different Antihistamine?" - Yes. And I'm telling you that this one kills 2 proverbial birds with 1 proverbial stone. So, where were we with me asking about some Promethazine and you selling to me please? :rolleyes: