• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiods - neuro pain

Hey, looking to go to the doc soon. Was initially looking for pregabalin but ended up reading some wiki. The doc ended up diag me with fibromyalgia, though I'm still in the beginning of treatment. I'm currently living outside the states so I'd imagine the opioid crisis never really impacted this region. Anyway, wiki is a awesome resource, I looked up opoids I've never even heard of - first of all is levorphanol - 2mg is 8x morphine. Keep in mind I intend to IV this stuff, in a safe way of course. Theres a lot of others as well like meperidine, not sure what the equal to morph is on that. Then of course methadone and fent. Any suggestions on what I should pursue? My bet is on the first one honestly, but I'm assuming I need to do more research; heading to the psyche doc soon so any input would be helpful.
methadone is great for nerve pain prob because of nmda activity...but gonna have no chance getting from a gp....tramadol has even higher affinity for nmda receptors so might also work well (gonna try on next rotation)....high dose gabapentin around 2.4g per day worked really well but it caused some awful side effects for me after a few weeks so i only use on rare occasions when pain goes of the scale and then only 100mg for brief respite