• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiods - neuro pain

Sleepy70x

Bluelighter
Hey, looking to go to the doc soon. Was initially looking for pregabalin but ended up reading some wiki. The doc ended up diag me with fibromyalgia, though I'm still in the beginning of treatment. I'm currently living outside the states so I'd imagine the opioid crisis never really impacted this region. Anyway, wiki is a awesome resource, I looked up opoids I've never even heard of - first of all is levorphanol - 2mg is 8x morphine. Keep in mind I intend to IV this stuff, in a safe way of course. Theres a lot of others as well like meperidine, not sure what the equal to morph is on that. Then of course methadone and fent. Any suggestions on what I should pursue? My bet is on the first one honestly, but I'm assuming I need to do more research; heading to the psyche doc soon so any input would be helpful.

Opioids are very rarely prescribed for fibromyalgia, so I wouldn't imagine that anywhere in the world would they be used as a first-line treatment.

Fibromyalgia itself is a controversial diagnosis/disorder. It isn't so much a diagnosis as it is a diagnosis of "🤷‍♂️?". Meaning, nothing appears to be wrong with you otherwise but you keeping saying you're tired and have body aches, etc, so I guess it's fibromyalgia. That is essentially the diagnosis criteria. The patient is happy too because now they have a diagnosis that they can use to label their perceived illness. But again, it's a diagnosis of exclusion; it means they can't find anything else wrong with you.

In reality, fibromyalgia may simply be a hypersensitivity by some to the aging process, or in women, masquerading as symptoms of menopause, etc. The pharmaceutical companies were quick to "educate" physicians on the disorder and how to treat it, which led to an explosion of its diagnosis and turned Lyrica into a billion dollar blockbuster drug.

In any event, no competent physician, or even in most cases an incompetent physician, would prescribe opioids for fibromyalgia.

I'm overseas and am prescribed pregabalin right now, opioids are considered a second line treatment. Things are different over here, what can I say? I'll give it my best shot though. Also I'm gonna tell them I have sciatica.

You would not believe the amount of benzos my doc prescribed me.

No way are you getting a opiate as strong as levorphanol on your first visit for fibromyalgia lol. What you will likely get is a tricyclic first off probably amitriptyline or maybe nortriptyline. If those don't work you will likely be given gabapentin or lyrica. If all else fails you may walk out with a benzo script for fibro if you are very very lucky. My mom got a xanax script for it but she also had anxiety as well.

Why would ypu think a doctor anywhere would write you a levorphanol or fent script on a first or second visit? Levorphanol is also rarely used and is not used at all in alot of countries such as Canada. I have tried pethidine for trigeminal neuralgia and it does not really help much imo. You couldnt really take enough peth to equal morphine imo. I would rather codeine tbh. Peth is just weird and not great for pain. Fent works like a treat but only a doctor thats a complete mad man is going to write a script to someone on a first visit with no opiate tolerance

The best combo i find for treating my nerve pain is morphine+gabapentin

Trust me bro, no point trying to argue this, I was only trying to seek some opinions. Doctors here... especially my doc weren't made paranoid by the opioid epidemic in the states... that's kinda what I'm counting on. Ain't saying I'm gonna go straight for the kill but it never hurts right?

Thz for the advice, I dunno, I figured the more potent the better.. oxymorph was the fucking dank.

Not always and depends what you want them for. While fentanyl may be king for pain it sucks for getting high off. I would rather codeine. Morphine and dilaudid are far superior

But walking into a doctors office and asking for something as rare as levorphanol aint gonna work lol

Yeah, understood, my doc is different though.

Don't really gotta bs around.

Yeah, understood, my doc is different though.

Don't really gotta bs around.

You might want to check if levorphanol is even available in your country first. It's not something like morphine or fentanyl where every country has it. It's not available in Canada as example

Thx for your import. My doc is really chill though, I can ask him questions np.

You might want to check if levorphanol is even available in your country first. It's not something like morphine or fentanyl where every country has it. It's not available in Canada as example

It's actually available in the US.

For those in the US, here's a coupon that will help bring down the cost of your levorphanol script to a mere $3,000 (and this is for generic levorphanol):

It's actually available in the US.

For those in the US, here's a coupon that will help bring down the cost of your levorphanol script to a mere $3,000 (and this is for generic levorphanol):

Weird. It's been off the market for years here. It's one id love to try as it does look like it would be good for nerve pain.

Caution with meperidine if you find it, OP, it's a weird and toxic drug. Weaker than morphine, by the way

Way weaker then morphine in my experience and also very toxic. I only had Demerol one night and was in alot of pin and ended up taking about 500mg's of it which was 100 over the safe dose. I started feeling like i was on dramamine abit but thankfully some clonazepam stopped that

Really? I thought demerol was considered to be quite recreational? Do u have any experience with it?

At first it can be if you have no tolerance at all. Mixed with some dramamine or better yet promethazine you can get a decent high from it. Just make sure to never take more then 400mg's and you can't take it for any longer then 3 days. Ive had it orally, IM and IV. It has a weird rush when given IV

Really? I thought demerol was considered to be quite recreational? Do u have any experience with it?

Yes, I have had it a couple times, it's not rare to be given it here in hospitals for moderate- severe pain, as broken bones.
It's a good painkiller and I liked it's efects, but only when instantly IVed in a rig, not drop by drop over half and hour (only tried those ROAs, I have never done it oral or whatever).
It's nicely sedating and it doesn't lack euphoria but it's somehow more dirty than other opiates, it has a fuzziness to it that becomes very clear if you push doses up.
And that's the problem whit Demerol: neurotoxicity. It is a safe drug to use in ER once or twice, but not as a long treatment, in fact, here it only exists in hospitals for that purpouse, no pills to be prescribed to take home. So, using it long term is a really bad idea cause not only is it toxic, but also weak, then ending up taking high - so, more toxic- dosages is a very likely thing to happen

A potent Mu-Opioid Agonist (Methadone, Dilaudid, Oxycodone, etc)

Tramadol even, opioid + monoamine reuptake inhibitor (NET & SERT) 100mg
Ritalin (Methylphenidate) increasing Dopamine 3X over norepinephrine 20mg
Lyrica (Pregabalin) potent anxiolytic & neurological pain analgesic 150-300mg

Demerol IV mu-opioid agonist & monoamine reuptake inhibitor (like shooting a speedball lol, opioid + dopamine)

A potent Mu-Opioid Agonist (Methadone, Dilaudid, Oxycodone, etc)

Tramadol even, opioid + monoamine reuptake inhibitor (NET & SERT) 100mg
Ritalin (Methylphenidate) increasing Dopamine 3X over norepinephrine 20mg
Lyrica (Pregabalin) potent anxiolytic & neurological pain analgesic 150-300mg

Demerol IV mu-opioid agonist & monoamine reuptake inhibitor (like shooting a speedball lol, opioid + dopamine)

I found the rush to be weird for sure totally unlike other opioids.

100% weird and different, but still clearly a full agonist opioid. I liked it. I would never choose it over a proper opioid, but I prefer it to bupre, tramadol/tapentadol, fentanyl or any shit like that for sure