• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiod withdrawal

warlowrider

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I've been taking opiods for 4 years pretty steady use the whole time with breaks here and there. I'm day 15 at the moment through opoid withdrawal, and today I am sick. I went to my friends house, and her family was sick so now so am I. I don't feel good today I was prescribed opiods multiple times for pain. I also use to do bags when I got cut off a couple years ago. Right now I'm 15 days clean only had two xanax bars to help through these two weeks for sleep/anxiety. Which my anxiety has been very high lately with rapid heartbeat.

Now that I'm sick on top of being opiod sick from codeine/dihydrocodeines mostly for the past year daily. I've used about every opiate through this time whenever I had access as well which wasn't as often though like opana, dillies, vicodins, and perks. I am wondering if I were to take something today because now I am sick on top of withdrawal, or if I should stick it out. I also have been taking immodium for my constant diarrhea. Also if I do take something how far will it set me back.

I don't know what to do at this point I don't have access to any benzos atm, but I can get kpins in a week from a friend. I have been struggling with very bad anxiety, high blood pressure, and very dissociative feeling lately. Now that I'm sick it's very hard to deal with symptoms because of the muscle aches no energy ect.

Last edited:
I toughed it out yesterday decided not take anything the other day. Today is worse day 16 now, and I'm getting sicker with whatever virus their family had. My heartrate is still racing most the time and the aches and chills are even worse now. Don't know what to do if anything will help at this point don't have access to much at the moment but otc products, half a xanax bar that I microdose at night for some sleep, and vitamins. I might be able to get some gabapentin today I've read it helps idk.

Last edited:
Can you go to an urgent care clinic? If you have the flu, they can give you meds to help with that like Tamiflu. There are also meds like clonidine for blood pressure and it's good for sleep too. It wouldn't hurt if you want to tell them honestly what you're going through. Some doctors are more compassionate than others. Welcome to Bluelight and hope you feel better. :)

I don't have the flu it's just some virus going around, and I don't want to go to the Dr. because of wanting to not have that on my medical record. I'm going to get some gabapentin 300mg's today. I was thinking just take one a day maybe I don't want to be messed up on the stuff. Just want to help with withdrawal symptoms. I was wondering would that be sufficient or maybe take two? Also how long will withdrawals and symptoms last a couple more weeks? And thanks for the help guys hope I feel better soon too, I'll keep posting my process through recovery.

Last edited:
Grabbed some gabapentin 300mgs took one two hours ago, and went for a 15 min walk after a half hour after popping I felt a like I was going to pass out for a moment but pushed through it. 2 hours after taking it helped calm my body down a bit but not my racing mind and heart. Trying to stay positive about it just very weak and the aches and pains are awful. I was originally prescribed them for pain so the pain is still an issue. Will have a few kpins in a week that day can't come soon enough time has been going in slow mo for two weeks. Bought some Emergen-C it helps a little for being sick as well and I heard vitamin c, b, and helps with withdrawal too not sure if it is effective but worth a try. Also taking 4mg Immodium a day it helps some.

You are in the home stretch and we are all rooting for you man. You've made it quite far actually and despite what society or your nagging girlfriend might say, abstaining from Opioids is one of the hardest personal journeys one can go on and to complete it is a monumental feat indeed. One of the problems is that this is a totally personal journey. Nobody can truly know how you feel and so to talk like this can definitely make one feel less alone.

Stick to the comfort medications at this point. You are almost there. Gabapentin (Neurontin) is well-known for its ability to mitigate some of the most severe symptoms of withdrawal. You should play around with different dosages and acquaint yourself with the complexities of Gabapentin usage. For instance, the body can only absorb limited amounts at a time, so staggering dosages is important. Instead of one large dose, take several small ones several minutes apart. Also, lipid content of the stomach can boost bioavailability in a huge way, so eat a fatty meal with your meds.

If you need anything or have anymore questions, we are around!

You are in the home stretch and we are all rooting for you man. You've made it quite far actually and despite what society or your nagging girlfriend might say, abstaining from Opioids is one of the hardest personal journeys one can go on and to complete it is a monumental feat indeed. One of the problems is that this is a totally personal journey. Nobody can truly know how you feel and so to talk like this can definitely make one feel less alone.

Stick to the comfort medications at this point. You are almost there. Gabapentin (Neurontin) is well-known for its ability to mitigate some of the most severe symptoms of withdrawal. You should play around with different dosages and acquaint yourself with the complexities of Gabapentin usage. For instance, the body can only absorb limited amounts at a time, so staggering dosages is important. Instead of one large dose, take several small ones several minutes apart. Also, lipid content of the stomach can boost bioavailability in a huge way, so eat a fatty meal with your meds.

If you need anything or have anymore questions, we are around!

Thanks Keif, It means a lot I have kept it from everyone in my family but my mom and my brother as my girlfriend left me two years ago because of my problem. I quit opiods for 6 months because she left only to go into a spiraling depression and getting back on them for another two years. So it has been hard just telling everyone in the family I'm sick all the time. It has made me feel more alone and isolated plus the anxiety I had before even getting on opiods.

I ordered some sulphoraphane I should have it in a few days it's supposed to be effective as prozac for depression and is just crushed broccoli sprouts so I'll report if that helps any with my depression. The gabapentin seems to help but it makes my spaciness worse which I don't like. I also ordered some CBD isolate I smoked a lot up until quitting opiods, and my anxiety has been too high to enjoy smoking weed or dabs lately. I'm trying to get healthy and not be dependant on anything but just natural stuff. I've done a lot of damage and it's been hard reversing that process.

Man, you've made it through the most severe of the physical withdrawals. Seriously impressive. There's a lot of us here that know how tough it is. Just remember that if you go back, there will be another time you're trying to quit, and it will be harder. Right now is the easiest it will ever be to quit. Hang on to the life raft you've managed to get on, and don't let go. Get the fuck out of that miserable opiate addict lifestyle. You've taken some of the toughest steps already. I hear you about not enjoying weed. It took awhile of being off opiates for me to be able to enjoy weed again. I'd like to hear what you think about the sulphoraphane, never heard of it and I'm into natural stuff. Keep in mind that many natural remedies take a little time. Emergen-C definitely works fast if you're getting sick, though. Keep it up, try to eat well and get plenty of sleep. Let us know how you're doing :)

Clonidine and Pregabalin/or Gabapentin. Although Pregabalin is what I use as I get it on script.

They both help in there own way, they don't make you feel nowhere near 100% human, but at least almost half human. (Although I think many people use/abuse Opaites/Benzos etc because they just can't deal with feeling 100% human)

I'm sure the literature and links etc are out there somewhere... Regarding drug/substance use/abuse just because some people are just not cut out for life. Trapped inside their own head, desperate to escape!

Anyway, sorry for going off topic (I always do it)

Well done and good luck. Not trying to bring you down or anything, but getting over the physical symptoms is the easy part... it's the nagging psychological symptoms that take a long time to decrease...

Today is a little better the 300mg gabapentin seemed to make me feel better the next day more so then that day. After I took the xanax before bed it seemed to hit me harder last night too because of the gabapentin I got decent sleep last night with melatonin and magnesium citrate before I went to bed also. The melatonin and magnesium have definitely been helping I take them together at night and I feel a warmth over my body for like 10 minutes I don't know why this happens but it's nice it's almost like the warmth I use to get from opiods. I've lowered my Immodium to 2mg's now as well and been listening to music has been helping. Trying to stay positive day 17 now.

Your update made me smile. Smart move on the melatonin and magnesium for sleep. Music has great power to affect your mental state. I don't know you but I'm proud of you!

Today I had trouble sleeping, I had multiple nightmares waking up in cold sweats. I felt better later in the day only to go back to feeling awful again. Took nothing today was hoping to not have to take anything anymore, but I don't know. One minute I'm fine then the next I'm not I was hoping I would be getting better by now. Trying to hang in there thanks for the supports guys.

Hugs :) Benadryl knocks me out pretty good when I need to sleep. One thing about melatonin is that it's known to produce vivid dreams in some people. For me, those are vivid nightmares lol. So even though it's a natural product i rarely take it anymore for that reason. May or may not be contributing to your nightmare idk. Keep hanging in there

I don't have benadryl but I have Doxylamine succinate would that work just as good? It might also be because I've stopped smoking I've smoked daily for years but have had to take a break because of my anxiety. I have only had a few dreams for long as I can remember because of smoking bud I believe is the reason. Will be getting kpins in about a week which has helped me get through withdrawal before in the past and deal with my anxiety which is what I struggle with the most.

Yeah doxy is supposedly stronger than benadryl (diphenhydramine). They're both antihistamines so i think either could be helpful.

The anxiety is the worst, glad you can get something for that!

Kudos to you. It's a terrible journey but you are through the hardest physical part. I always keep gaba, benzos and kratom on hadn for withdrawal. You can do this!

Thanks, it has been rough getting through this process it's been 3 weeks today. Been still having trouble with pain, but that's why I was prescribed stuff for quite awhile in the first place I'm trying to just deal with it now. Low dose benzos whenever I can get them, and gaba have been very helpful through this process along with Immodium. I tried kratom but I would just very angry and fly off the handle at everything so I stopped. Which is not like me at all to be like that. I'm glad I stayed away from the methadone and suboxone trap people get stuck on for what seems like forever. Hoping I can enjoy smoking again soon as that's always helped with my pain. Maybe once I get some kpins, and CBD isolate for anxiety I can again. Still sick so I don't feel the best but I feel a definite improvement from that first week which was just awful doing it cold turkey with no comfort meds.

It's been three weeks now?! That's badass my friend, nice job! I'm really happy to hear that you're at least feeling a little better than you were. We are rooting for you, this may be one of the most important things you ever do to alter the course of your life, in a very positive way. Hugs

Snaps for OP for managing to remain clean! We're all proud and furthermore, thankful that you have done us the honor of journaling your progress. Others who see detoxification and subsequent sobriety as impossible are going to read about your progress and realize that it's not quite so hard after all. You're making it look easy man ;) The sleep disturbances are a bitch, but it's such a nice feeling when you get that first night of peaceful, restful sleep, it's like a drug in itself.

Quick comment regarding the use of sedative antihistamines in the Opioid dependent individual. As most of us know, Restless Legs Syndrome and Akathisia are some of the most troublesome, annoying or even torturous symptoms of withdrawal. One might think that any kind of sedative medication could be beneficial, but a large portion of the population including myself report extreme exacerbation of these symptoms when using sedative antihistamines. In my book, contraindicated.