• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OPINIONS PLEASE...Does crushing percocet hits harder? ex. nurse jackie

KobeBryant

Bluelighter
Okay I would like to know what do each and everyone of you guys think? I hear yes its better to chew/crush it into power then others say it doesn't matter at all

Does crushing/chewing percocet actually hits harder or it's a placebo?

If you ever seen the first episode of Nurse Jackie, she crushed it up and put it in sugar bags so she could pretend to take sugar with coffee. She says don't crush percocet unless you want it to hit you like a thunderbolt.

So let's get this started

If you crush up the tablets and swallow that powder, in a drink or even if you parachute it, it will hit you quicker than just swallowing the pill whole. I imagine with caffeine from the coffee it hits that much harder.

Wow fastest response yet since I've been here, thanks for being so prompt and fast... Now I will def crush them up since I plan to dose in a few minutes

Welp thanks to neighborhoodthreat I got answer, figures that it would be the only answer until it's too late, nothing new with this forum....BLAH

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't always reply to posts immediately.

Yes as NT said, crushing a pill will make it absorb faster as your stomach doesn't have to dissolve the pill.

IF you snort said crushed pill it WILL hit you harder. reason being, the bio-availability of the drug increases due the fact your getting a lot more into blood stream.
But take my word that snorting those is kinda harsh. Best way to do it is make a few lines and wait 2-5 minutes between each line, also switching nostrils.
out of curiosity, whats the dose?

IF you snort said crushed pill it WILL hit you harder. reason being, the bio-availability of the drug increases due the fact your getting a lot more into blood stream.
But take my word that snorting those is kinda harsh. Best way to do it is make a few lines and wait 2-5 minutes between each line, also switching nostrils.
out of curiosity, whats the dose?
No one asked about snorting. We prefer if people do not suggest more dangerous routes of administration when no one even asked, please.

Sorry Kobe, I didn't realize that you were the original poster, I moved it because I thought it was a different topic and you would get more replies that way. Would you like me to move it back?

What kind of percs are they? I'd say it would hit you harder and faster, but you have to weigh that with the decrease in duration of the high. I don't crush them up unless I only have like 15 mg because I want the high to last as long as possible.

What kind of percs are they? I'd say it would hit you harder and faster, but you have to weigh that with the decrease in duration of the high. I don't crush them up unless I only have like 15 mg because I want the high to last as long as possible.

Would you still get euphoric?

I suppose that would depend on your tolerance. What kind of dose are we talking about? Ultimately, I think all your going to accomplish by crushing your oxycodone is shortening the time it takes to take effect. Were talking about very small differences in duration of the high and intensity of the high. It shouldn't even be a question unless you are trying to conserve or get the most out of your insufficient amount.

I suppose that would depend on your tolerance. What kind of dose are we talking about? Ultimately, I think all your going to accomplish by crushing your oxycodone is shortening the time it takes to take effect. Were talking about very small differences in duration of the high and intensity of the high. It shouldn't even be a question unless you are trying to conserve or get the most out of your insufficient amount.

My first dose of the day I would need only 10mg and I would get a strong euphoric feeling for about an hour...then feel relaxed for about 4-6 hours so basically you think if I take it whole instead of crushing it I should get the same effect? (would save me some time too)

Wow I wish I was that sensitive to oxy.. yea I mean, I don't think your gonna notice any difference, besides maybe a 5-10 minute slower onset of effects.

Yeah I don't believe there's much of a difference minus it hitting faster.

Recently tho I've been eating my oxy sublingual and I've noticed a big difference in duration of high unlike before when I would snort half for the rush and eat half but now imma eat all my oxy

Yeah I don't believe there's much of a difference minus it hitting faster.

Recently tho I've been eating my oxy sublingual and I've noticed a big difference in duration of high unlike before when I would snort half for the rush and eat half but now imma eat all my oxy

Great... so basically snorting this is actually a waste compared to orally.

When you say sub lingual, you leave the pill under your tongue or something? How much of a difference would this be from just swallowing it?

This is false for oxycodone (the active ingredient in percocet) because its oral bioavailability is actually higher than its nasal BA. The onset may be quicker but not the bioavailability, and considering the OP is talking about percocet it would be even less effective and worse to snort. This is due to the very low percentage of oxycodone out of the complete pill mass, making it harder for the oxycodone to come in contact with the mucous membrane where it is supposed to be absorbed.

I use oxy but I can tell you the pharma and the difference but it was covered by Tommyboy - snorting makes almost no difference to chewing and in percs you have acetominophen (hope the spelling is right, we call it paracetamol) and this is like having a whole lot of nasty nasal blocking filler...and therefore a slower onset and probably a waste of oxy too.

I use capsule oxy and find it is about 5 mins faster so crushing your percs would do the same. But it won't intensify the euphoria. You are so lucky that 10mg makes you so happy. Can I ask how long you've been using? Oh, the caffeine does intensify oxy but personally I only do it if I have a lot to get done, the 'euphoria' ain't so euphoric to me...depending on your metabolism it will burn faster too.

HTH I haven't been here long