• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opiates: Stimulating or Sedating

Yeah - that’s what I found to be pretty accurate ime, especially with Oxy. It’s like the most stimulating opiate when my tolerance was lower.

Enter heroin (real heroin before fentanyl) - it still stimulated me 90 percent of the time and sometimes I’d nod in higher doses but not stimulating like adderral. Not really sure why that is but I don’t buy that it’s from adhd. Well maybe like a small adderral dose but not so sexually stimulating.

More akin to motivating to be productive and social fluidity.

True stims = all bad for me…just end up in a dark corner with just the dim light of my phone flashing as boobies bounce around the screen - for weeks…

I don’t touch any amphetamine or cocaine. If it’s sexually stimulating on that level I don’t touch it anymore. Shit is so unhealthy the way it makes me.

Everyone is very different obviously. That’s just my experiences
I hear you man!

I was a meth user for 20 years. I just up and stopped in the last 2-3 years because I finally came around to realizing how shitty they are for me. All they do is make me horny as fuck & then awake & anxious for days after. The crash is horrible too. Just got worse & worse as I got older. So I finally said no more. Fuck that.

But H/Opioids will always have a place with me, cause they don't change me like meth or alcohol does. They just enhance all the sensual and deep aspects of me, which I find enjoyable.

I actually never thought about the histamine connection, but it makes total sense. Thanks for that piece of knowledge! Also makes sense why combining benadryl/anti-histamines in general with opioids is highly potentiating, even more significantly than benzos, they have a little pharmacological ballet!
Absolutely! I hadn't really thought of it either until just now. lol
Was reading something else about modafinil earlier & remembered it had a mode action where it increased histamine in the body, to produce it's stimulation. And many opioids also release a lot of histamine.

I think it's probably a combo of all of these factors, from thebaine derivatives, to opioids being gaba inhibitors, to histamine release & then even personal body chemistry (i.e. - if a depressed person takes an opioid & suddenly their depression vanishes, of course they're gonna feel stimulated due to neurotransmitter release, same with pain patients).

For me personally, all opiates are stimulating in some degree or another, but they all have their own varying flavors, with some being way better than others & some just being out right heavy & sedating. And even the better ones can be both simultaneously stimulating & sedating. So I'm betting it's too complex to answer why opioids have these effects.

Hell it's so complex, that I've noticed that I feel sedated from buprenorphine during the morning & day time, but at night time I get stimulation if I take it. I can't figure that one out at all, but I've been pondering why that is. And all I've come up with is that your body produces different neurotransmitters & hormones depending on what time of day it is & maybe it's possible that this could impact a drug experience, depending on what time of day it's taken.

Man I used to take way too many trams. I’d have to take like 15-20 per dose back in the day. They are cool.

***Please note: This was before I knew the seizure risk and I was also a suicidal mess taking risks with my life carelessly by not educating myself and not caring so please don’t take doses above I believe 400mg.
Yea when I take a lot of tramadol I take them with clonazepam so I won’t get any tremors from them or anything (lol I’m sure I might sound a little insane saying that so casually)

@ the OP, i have a theory that people taking lower doses of opiates makes them breath better so that might be kind of pick them up. like a subtle lower blood pressure affects them to take breathes that pick the brain up more... but about the cup of tea causing nodding, if you took more pills you'd probably have the same effect. pills must just hit you differently and you need more... google says that poppy tea usually only lasts like 6-8 hours, sounds like any opiate, so it sounds like you must be going into some deep meditations or something to stay nodding for days. maybe you keep upping the doses or something?

opiates definitely make me lazy even in low doses though. my cousin says she takes percocet or vicodin and will clean the house. she's smokes nicotine too, maybe that effects some people.
ya i was drinking on like a gallon throughout the 2 days. All the active metabolites from the poppy plant definitely played part. I remember puking a few times.

In general stimulating now, back in the day I would use Kratom as sleep-aid. No way that would work now my body chemistry probably changed. But after Opoid's I need something to sleep. Mostly a benzo or taking it early. But very curious if Mulungu would work to.

Both at first pods will have you clean house and surprise ur will but after addiction has hit the mostly sedating

I find it to be entirely dose-dependent. On a low to moderate dose I feel like it's bracing me, and I get more sociable than usual as well. Higher doses will definitely sedate me.

PS kinda like alcohol in that respect.

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to jump on the band wagon on Reddit...

I'm LegalizeHeroinNOW...

I been spitting facts for years now about how alcohol is more toxic than heroin. But then of course I'll get attacked by armies of shills saying that, that's not true, that I'm lying, that I'm this & I'm that....

Cmon guys, I can't change the world by myself!!! lol

H always made me super-stimulated. Could write for hours, talk for hours. Problem was I could never follow it through and by the time I needed a new fix, the old project was in the old project folder. But it brings out mania in me, doesn't make me nod and I can't sleep on it. I can see why so many people in the public eye take opiates - they help you say what you need to say, write what you need to write and all that. And let's not forget musicians and artists generally.

Anyone who wants to jump on the band wagon on Reddit...

I'm LegalizeHeroinNOW...

I been spitting facts for years now about how alcohol is more toxic than heroin. But then of course I'll get attacked by armies of shills saying that, that's not true, that I'm lying, that I'm this & I'm that....

Cmon guys, I can't change the world by myself!!! lol
I've been campaigning to legalise and have a state-controlled production and distribution for sodding years. It's the only sensible thing to do to minimise the harms that are associated with drugs.

However public perception isn't easily changed and most politicians are far too invested in the status quo, either because A) they gain votes by virtue-signalling since every 'right-thinking' person is of course anti-drugs, or B) they're in bed with the cartels themselves.
Also we need more people with medical degrees and drugs researchers etc on board, because people like you and me who demand legalisation can be too easily dismissed as junkies just wanting an easy fix.

I've been campaigning to legalise and have a state-controlled production and distribution for sodding years. It's the only sensible thing to do to minimise the harms that are associated with drugs.

However public perception isn't easily changed and most politicians are far too invested in the status quo, either because A) they gain votes by virtue-signalling since every 'right-thinking' person is of course anti-drugs, or B) they're in bed with the cartels themselves.
Also we need more people with medical degrees and drugs researchers etc on board, because people like you and me who demand legalisation can be too easily dismissed as junkies just wanting an easy fix.
Very true.

At times, this feels like a pointless fight. And something about it really hurts my soul. Just knowing that there is something out there that could essentially give me my life back but is highly illegal. And any time I try to explain that to some one, I get the usual "you're just a junkie/you're lying" BS. It's like if I were kidnapped & being held hostage somewhere & saw a normal civilian walking around & I run up to them & say "hey I'm kidnapped & need help" and they reply with "whatever bro, I can see you & you're talking, so you're fine!".

Not the greatest analogy, but I just woke up 20 mins ago, so I'm not very sharp yet today. lol

And all I can add as for the stimulating effect. Bupre is nr1 at low doses.

But as many has mentioned already it depends on the opiod and dose. And guess what you want to accomplish at that moment of time.

I prefer sedating effects, because I'm quite a restless person sober, so it helps me calm down.