• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates--Looking to get Back In the Least Harmful Way

The least harmful option is to not start again. Fuck man it's almost 20 years on the fucking hamster wheel and it's always the same, every fucking time. You will always try to tell yourself it will be better this time, and it never will. Save yourself the pain.

If you're gonna do it, do not IV. Virtually all of the H and most of the black market pills are fentanyl and fentanyl analogues now. People are dropping like flies.

I assume you're in the US, it might not be that way everywhere, I hear in Europe and Aus they haven't been flooded with fent (yet).

Undiagnosed post partum depression. I was in a very very dark place. Wish I had reached out for help but instead I isolated and relapsed.
I can't sympathize, but I can empathize.

Edit: I guess I can sympathize with being in a dark place of my own. I've just run out of patience. Tried the straight and narrow, tried resources, paying for a shrink twice a week. Just feels like I haven't felt actually "good" in a long time and I'm tired of working so hard just to get shit results. and I'm an impatient self-centered man child so as soon as I can find an option that won't kill me or have to go up my butt I'm going for it.

The least harmful option is to not start again. Fuck man it's almost 20 years on the fucking hamster wheel and it's always the same, every fucking time. You will always try to tell yourself it will be better this time, and it never will. Save yourself the pain.

If you're gonna do it, do not IV. Virtually all of the H and most of the black market pills are fentanyl and fentanyl analogues now. People are dropping like flies.

I assume you're in the US, it might not be that way everywhere, I hear in Europe and Aus they haven't been flooded with fent (yet).
Thank you. But I am very much resolved to start using again. This post wasn't a cry for help or impulsive thing, I've been contemplating this decision for months.

Can't IV, no veins left still. So I'm trying to figure out a workable alternative that will give me what I want without immediately upending my life.

That is interesting about the geo-politics of this so-called Opioid Epidemic. I wasn't aware that there were still such large pockets of real Morphine/Heroin out there.

The economics of the Fentanly explosion are pretty well-known. Nobody needs 5p cut and harvest poppy to make Fentanyl. You only need certain precursors, which are widely available in China due to their various industrial chemical sectors.

What had confounded me for a long time was, why did it take so long for Fentanly to replace Heroin. You cut out middlemen, avoid potential violence and all of this implies a lower risk of getting popped by the law.

My only theory would be that distributors were doing well with Cocaine and Heroin. In my area of Boston, Dominicans made up the bus of distribution. Everyonr who sold dope, sold coke. I think they had a good thing going and didn't want to take any kind of chance by changing their business model.

Perhaps they were forced Into is i.e. made a deal to purchase som much coke and so much dope for X number of years specifically from Gang X. I don't know, but the simplicity of the economics always had me questioning.

In New England, we didn't have Methamphetamine until 3 years ago. It just wasn't common and I certainly never saw it in Lowell or Charlestown. Meanwhile, most of the country seems to have easy access to it.

I think the proliferation of both Meth and Fentanyl being preferred by dealers over Cocaine and Heroin respectively was a major business change for all involved.

I'm guessing they had been wanting to get in the market, given the relative cheapness and ease of these two substances, but also w3re not prepared to completely change the paradigm as that means new people, potential danger, snitches, the possibility of walking into a trap.

In the end I think it makes sense. My understanding is that a nearly unlimited amount of Meth can be created from extremely cheap by good chemists and with the right precursors.

I say this all the time, but I really question whether I'd have been able to stop using Opioids had Heroin never been replaced by Fentany. The first time I did it. I remember saying what the hell did they cut this with?

After copping a few more times I came to the terrible realization that dope was disappearing rapidly in favor of what I would layer find out was Fentanyl. Fentanyl did not possess the same kind of intense magic, pleasure and contentment that got me hooked in the first place.

Instead it just felt like some kind of cheap substitute with the only truly enjoyable part being that I wasn't sick.

It could just be me, but I don't feel Fentanyl use would have hit these same levels we see today without a few things.

I think Fentanyl was so successful because there was already a huge amount of junkies in the country. These junkies want to get high, but being well is always true goal once you're dependent.

So. While Fentanyl is potent, I don't think it is even in the same building as Morphine/Heroin. I would take Methadone over Fentanyl any day of the week. Yes, its short-acting, but with all this considered, I feel Methadone has 75% of that magic, as it were.

It isn't the same, but I consider Methadone to be significantly more euphoric than Fentanyl. Thats synthetic imitation I guess. Some turn out just like Morphine and some just aren't in the same league.

Yeah methadone is honestly probably the best opiate high I've ever had, but I've only had it a few times. Like all opiates, apparently with chronic usage it becomes normal. That's the entire problem with opiates. But at least it's safe (since you know exactly what and how much it is).

That is interesting about the geo-politics of this so-called Opioid Epidemic. I wasn't aware that there were still such large pockets of real Morphine/Heroin out there.

The economics of the Fentanly explosion are pretty well-known. Nobody needs 5p cut and harvest poppy to make Fentanyl. You only need certain precursors, which are widely available in China due to their various industrial chemical sectors.

What had confounded me for a long time was, why did it take so long for Fentanly to replace Heroin. You cut out middlemen, avoid potential violence and all of this implies a lower risk of getting popped by the law.

My only theory would be that distributors were doing well with Cocaine and Heroin. In my area of Boston, Dominicans made up the bus of distribution. Everyonr who sold dope, sold coke. I think they had a good thing going and didn't want to take any kind of chance by changing their business model.

Perhaps they were forced Into is i.e. made a deal to purchase som much coke and so much dope for X number of years specifically from Gang X. I don't know, but the simplicity of the economics always had me questioning.

In New England, we didn't have Methamphetamine until 3 years ago. It just wasn't common and I certainly never saw it in Lowell or Charlestown. Meanwhile, most of the country seems to have easy access to it.

I think the proliferation of both Meth and Fentanyl being preferred by dealers over Cocaine and Heroin respectively was a major business change for all involved.

I'm guessing they had been wanting to get in the market, given the relative cheapness and ease of these two substances, but also w3re not prepared to completely change the paradigm as that means new people, potential danger, snitches, the possibility of walking into a trap.

In the end I think it makes sense. My understanding is that a nearly unlimited amount of Meth can be created from extremely cheap by good chemists and with the right precursors.

I say this all the time, but I really question whether I'd have been able to stop using Opioids had Heroin never been replaced by Fentany. The first time I did it. I remember saying what the hell did they cut this with?

After copping a few more times I came to the terrible realization that dope was disappearing rapidly in favor of what I would layer find out was Fentanyl. Fentanyl did not possess the same kind of intense magic, pleasure and contentment that got me hooked in the first place.

Instead it just felt like some kind of cheap substitute with the only truly enjoyable part being that I wasn't sick.

It could just be me, but I don't feel Fentanyl use would have hit these same levels we see today without a few things.

I think Fentanyl was so successful because there was already a huge amount of junkies in the country. These junkies want to get high, but being well is always true goal once you're dependent.

So. While Fentanyl is potent, I don't think it is even in the same building as Morphine/Heroin. I would take Methadone over Fentanyl any day of the week. Yes, its short-acting, but with all this considered, I feel Methadone has 75% of that magic, as it were.

It isn't the same, but I consider Methadone to be significantly more euphoric than Fentanyl. Thats synthetic imitation I guess. Some turn out just like Morphine and some just aren't in the same league.
Idk you can catch a serious nod with fent and some people want that!

Obviously pharmacies still give you the real thing, and if you get them from someone selling their script they'll be real. But there is a huge market for black market oxy, and most of that now is fake presses containing fent, now that the pill mills have been cracked down on and regulation is much tighter.

Idk you can catch a serious nod with fent and some people want that!

Hey Hating, believe it or not, we're actually talking about the same thing. We have all kinds of different substances available to us that will make us "nod". I've nodded on Alcohol, Benzodiazepines, most-definitely Barbiturates and I've nodded off after being awake for two straight days on speed. My point is, nodding is not the be-all, end-all of the experience. In fact, I think when the majority of us visualize being on Opioids, we tend to strive more for being awake, present and being fully able to experience and interprety how the Opioids are affecting us.

"Man my landlord wants that rent and is stressing me the fuck out. I can't wait to get high, watch cartoons and forget that he exists"

I don't know about you, but I'm wanting to experience a world; a thought process, where things like my landlord bounce off and run down my skin like a Teflon leather. Nodding off certainly isn't a terrible thing. As addicts we are obviously going to prefer nodding off, that is, overshooting the mark and getting a little too intoxicated over a rattling sickness. Still, I think we are all hoping to find ourselves somewhere in the middle, fully able to appreciate the effects of the drugs. I think nodding is also a welcome result for many, as at least it implies you didn't get burned and you have decent shit.

So yea, I think we are actually talking about the same phenomena here. Both Fentanyl and Heroin and indeed all of the Mu Opioid agonists are going to cause you to nod when you use that certain dosage. What we are saying, is that in between being "normal" and being "intoxicated", the psychological effects, primarily, have a different character. Fentanyl is not like Dorothy laying down in a field of poppies and her whole world turning to beautiful color. It's more like watching the tin man do his dance, which for some, is entertaining, but not the same.

I guarantee you that all the Oxys are not fake. I just picked up 130 of the 20mg pills at my pharmacy for $19.

Flori, is your avatar Jane Fonda? I'm always thrown when people use famous folks for their avatars and I don't immediately know who they are. Anyways.

We aren't saying that Oxycodone no longer existsts universally. We are just saying that the illicit market for Oxycodone has essentially collapsed and been overtaken by Oxycodone pills labeled as such, but actually containing Fentanyl, Fentanyl analogues or other potent, typically synthetic Opioids. Pills have always been a 'who you know" as opposed to being controlled by large, international drug-trafficking organizations. It was reall only through the insane prescribing practices that foreshadowed the entirety of the Opioid Epidemic that these pills became viable for trafficking in the same way that drugs like Heroin could be.

These markets need infrastructure. No businessman or woman is going to start a business in sales without knowing that their supply is more or less guaranteed, be it for the month, for the year or indefinitely. They can't set up a network for the distribution of X if they are only getting them infrequently or from friends with scripts.

When Oxycontin really kicked off, traffickers finally saw dollar signs along with the notion that supply could be kept relatively stable. Yes, these drugs were still being prescribed by doctors, for people, but there was so much of it on the street, that networks could be established in which the supply would be unlikely to ever completely reach zero. If you run out of drugs, your clients look elsewhere and possibly forget you. So for these guys to go to the trouble of establishing their supply chain and sales force only for it to periodically collapse and potentially rob them of customers, would not be sensible.

Oxycontin 80mg tablets became the standard. There were other strengths out there obviously, but the traffickers made these their standard by which other prices and practices would be based. I'm not going to do prices here obviously, but assuming that your dope is 30% pure, which it probably is or around, the Oxycodone was going for at least 3 times the price. The pill mills made it a true, established trade though. It was not only pill mills that contributed to the massive proliferation of this stuff, but in principle, these clinics highlighted the complete and constant availability of these drugs, which was needed to make and keep business.

Oxycontin specifically began to get a bad rap. Many Opioids were contributing to the problem, but Oxycontin got the spotlight. As prescriptions for the higher dosages of Oxycontin, 30mg Oxycodone w/o Acetaminophen started to fill the gap. These go by names like "Roxies", but are most commonly known simply as "30's". These were sold for a while before the beginning of the massive reeling in of the over-prescribing.

Being that Oxycodone had a reputation for strong sales, someone had the bright idea of just making counterfeit 30mg Oxycodone pills and using other, easily made, potent Opioids. These Opioids are primarily Fentanyl or analogues of it like Carfentanil for instance. This ingenious, yet simply decision, enables them to charge the champagne-level pricing of Oxycodone, while utilizing a drug that can be made for relative peanuts by comparison.\

So I guess my main point is, yes there are definitely still Oxycodone and indeed all Opioids prescribed. They are not completely gone, but there is no longer a market for them on the scale of Heroin. There are not enough prescriptions for the gangs and dealers to to actually say that they have a constant, expected supply. This means no consistent customers. If your customers call and you're repeatedly not good, they will split. Fentanyl was advantageous due to readiy availability of precursors and comparatively less oversight in the chemical industry in general. As most of the Fentanyl coming here is believe to have originated from China.

I haven't really bought or used Opioids from the street in a while, but I know a lot of people who still do. You all probably know how it is when you get sober. You are going to be receiving calls intermittently about the availability, price and etc. regarding specific drugs. "Can you get X"; "I can get X" This or that is available "Hey, I found a lady who wants to sell her Percocet!". These are typically addict to addict connections with dubious regularity or trust. You get a text one day saying this is available, then the next day they're all gone.

If you're trying to establish a drug empire, you want to believe that the next 20 years are planned out and you're confident that supply will not run out. Up and down the foodchain there are users, dealers, traffickers, farmers, gangs and so on are all realities that must be dealt with. Any part of the chain that breaks could mean lost money and/or lost lives. If you're dealing with the Taliban and you fuck up, lose their money or get robbed, you will probably be decapitated. Any stop on the foodchain is a potential robbery or murder for the parties involved. Prices of drugs are high, because people will pay them, but the markup also comes from the fact that these situations are frequently life and death in nature.

With Fentanyl, the people selling it take on a guise of legality and legitimacy, belying the fact that they are selling dangerous drugs illegally. A gram of Fentanyl can be purchased for practically nothing. People don't do it because they're afraid of getting popped, but the ratio from purchase to market could be as much as 100:1 and in some cases, more. These dealers already had a fairly loyal and consistent customer base for 30mg Oxycodone pills, so they naturally just pressed the pills in house and used Fentanyl as the active ingredient

I'm sure very few people complained and many of them were probably thrilled with the fake 30mg's, as they know they got their money's worth and won't be sick. I say this frequently, but using Opioids recreationall and being dependent on them are two completely different things. I firmly believe that the euphoria you get early on from using Opioids eventually disappears and in its place, you have the euphoria of ending your sickness. Don't get me wrong, the euphoria of the latter is real, but it is distinct from the feelings you get when only using Opioids intermittently.

When I was in Cambodia/Iraq, I could pretty much afford to buy all of the drugs I wanted for myself. A gram of dope in Cambodia was about 10%-15% of the cost in Boston and was at the very least, 3 times more potent by weight. I, of course ended up using a ton of it. In addition to that, Benzodiazepines, Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and Gabapentinoids could be bought at any pharmacy without a prescription. If you wanted Pentobarbital (Nembutal) you could go the large animal Veterinarian.

My point though is this: I settled into a habit of using about 2.5 grams of this Heroin per day. Keep in mind that it was significantly more potent than the dope in America. I was constantly falling asleep and hence, began buying Yaa-Baa (Methamphetamine) and using that to get through the school day. Fun fact, I also bought Yaa-Baa from the large animal Veterinarian, which is strange to me, but whatever. I found after doing this for about a week that I wasn't enjoying it. Using 2.5 grams of Heroin ultimately did not actually make me feel the way I wanted it to. My whole usage of Heroin had devolved into a constant nodding and grogginess, without those feeling of euphoria or magic. I550t just felt like I was taking some generic sleeping pill. No euphoria or contentment really, just extremely sedated.

I realized all of this and began using less Heroin. I tapered myself down to what was essentially one gram of this potent dope per day, sometimes less. I did this mostly by doing normal shots AM and PM, but instead of doing a similar sized shot around noon, I would use maybe 20% of that. When I used it sparingly (relatively), I found I had more euphoria, contentment, anxiety relief etc. when I used. It was just completely different.

I'm saying all of this, because I think as addicts, and I'm only speaking for myself here, we inevitably wonder what our lives would be like if we had free reign over our drug consumption i.e. all the drugs you could ever want. I wanted to teach and I'd be a teacher regardless, but I picked both Iraq and Cambodia for posts as I knew that I would be able to get dope. I came and even with a kind of low pay ($750 a week), I almost never had issues with money despite using a lot of drugs. When I had that free reign, the psychology of everything changed for me. It was a revelation of biblical proportions when I realized that I didn't want any more Heroin. I don't mean on a given day or night, in general, I had a thought that I would not use more even if I had it. It was a serious mindfuck.

Without consequences looming over my head (rent, relationships and stuff) and free access to my drugs, I had a very cathartic experience. There was no longer the hustle, the desperation or the fear. Freedom from these anxieties allowed me to turn inward and confront some difficult feelings. I began to think more about myself and my problems both innate and caused by me. My mind was no longer occupied by cravings. This experience for me convinced me once and for all that maintenance using Heroin is frequently necessary. There was indeed a dosage of Heroin that would be TOO MUCH. The question was always regarding TOO LITTLE and its consequences. Now I had more answers.

I'm completely in favor of massive short-acting prescription Opioids for maintenance. I think there is a "sweet spot" for all users at which they can use but still maintain their true selves and functionality in their lives. This leads me to the possiblity of stimulant maintenance. I have been twisting my mind in knots trying to figure out what effective treatments are for addiction to stimulants, primarily Methamphetamine and Crack Cocaine. Methamphetamine is a confirmed neurotoxin and Crack is practically defined by its ability to produce extreme compulsion in users. Methamphetamine seems to mess people up very quickly. It also seems that when individuals are put into stimulant maintenance programs (which are still basically trials), they often continue to use other stimulants on top of them as if they weren't on maintenance.

The question that plagues me, is why does it not work for stimulants, but it seems to be highly effective for Opioid dependence. I have seen a lot of people get sucked in by Meth very recently, so the idea of finding a real treatment for these guys and everyone else is important to me. It pains me, because I am currently leanin very much in the direction of the medical community regarding Meth. It's not good and I'm not sure if it can actually be made good. I feel Opioids can be and have been demonstrated to, but why not stimulants?????

I'm really sorry for the thread hijacking and the long-winded response. I lost track of myself while I was typing.

No worries about hijacking. I like reading your posts. Maybe I should move my mission overseas...just had a buddy do what I'm trying to do and he got a fent pill and is gone now.

Obviously pharmacies still give you the real thing, and if you get them from someone selling their script they'll be real. But there is a huge market for black market oxy, and most of that now is fake presses containing fent, now that the pill mills have been cracked down on and regulation is much tighter.
Back in the early 2000s, when I was using Vicodin (hydrocodone), I ordered more pills (in addition to the 90 I had each month) from a few legit pharmacy websites. They no longer exist.

The first time was the easiest. I used a doctor’s script pad to write myself an rx, and I ordered from a Canadian website by faxing the script.

I ordered more Vicodin from a pill mill pharmacy in South Florida. This was also easy like the rx that was from Canada.

I went to Mexico with my cousin to get more. I speak Spanish so it wasn’t a problem. But when I requested Vicodin, the pharmacist had to go to a back room to get them. He showed me the 17 or so pills and I bought his entire supply he showed me, spending approximately $2 - $4 for each pill.

The last time I tried to get more Vicodin, I ordered online from a Chinese pharmacy. When they arrived, I knew they were deffo not Vicodin. Their appearance (shape + size) was off, they were yellow, grainy like sand, and they had a rough service.

I tried these pills from China (I don’t advise), and I got zero pain relief + nausea. I gave them to a friend who really wanted them, regardless of the way I described them.

Well if your tolerance is truly back to zero why not start with some of the weaker opiates or opioids? Say, codeine or tramadol? I know I've felt great off codeine alone for a long time when I had a low tolerance.

Well if your tolerance is truly back to zero why not start with some of the weaker opiates or opioids? Say, codeine or tramadol? I know I've felt great off codeine alone for a long time when I had a low tolerance.
What's the deal with tramadol? I've met a few people that loved it but I've heard it's serotonergic (or however you spell that word) and I generally don't like to fool around with my serotonin unless I'm tripping or rolling.

Oh man you cannot get away with that anymore.
I'm in central fl, I can't seem to find any good kratom here or online. From browsing on amazon and looking at some products from rat killer lol, to harmaline to aswanda*. I can't figure this stuff out. It's driving me crazy. Dancesafe just confuses me with there test kits clearly nobody's gonna buy $600 worth fent tests just to test it lol. Could someone cool please lace me up or even better just point me in the right direction. There's gotta be a better way. Amaz... Seems real sweet I know there's away! Thanks-Joe

What's the deal with tramadol? I've met a few people that loved it but I've heard it's serotonergic (or however you spell that word) and I generally don't like to fool around with my serotonin unless I'm tripping or rolling.
Personally it's my favourite opioid/opiate still. I've done codeine and DHC ( a lot ), morphine (twice, oral tho), oxy (once) and O-DSMT ( a lot) but tramadol gives me the best high. Makes me want to do stuff during the day and relax in the evening.

Hello friends,

After 4 and some change years clean off IV heroin (and, near the end, fent) I've found myself in a bit of a curious place in my life. I want to do opiates again. But I don't want to jump back in with H.

I realize that the thread title is a bit of an oxymoron, no pun intended. Regardless, I've made up my mind and have come here looking for wisdom so that I can get the most bang for my buck.

If you were me, how would you plan this move? If you could "reset" your tolerance for a few years what would your go-to be? I was thinking morphine, but I remember the high was always a bit heavy handed. So roxy comes to mind. But I'd love to hear the community's opinion before I make my move

Feedback & advice is welcome but I've been thinking about this for a few months now. Between heartbreak, professional failure, and the pandemic, I've become tired of trying and feel quite justified in indulging in my dark, almost forgotten pleasure.

I realize I'll probably end up with a full blown habit but I'd like to minimize my harm--at least in the beginning--by prolonging the distance from point A to point Z, if that makes sense.

Your time is appreciated.
congrats btw this sounds eerily similar to how I would probably feel if I quit opiates the only thing you can really do is get someone to hold on to it for you and only give you a bit of it but even then theirs nothing to stop you going behind their back and buying extra or something I would give a lot to have 4 years clean like you have and I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to get hooked again I know it isn't as black and white as that but it also is that black and white unfortunately I don't think anyone here is gonna give you the magical formula just let me point out your basically asking the same thing newbies who have just started using and think they can just take it this day or that the infamous "how long do I take heroin before I get hooked" "what's the secret to using without getting addicted" it just ain't gonna happen mate it's just your mind tryna manipulate you to get back on it if you wanna get back on it then do it if you don't then don't theirs no in the middle here mate eventually it will catch up every point you have makes the next point harder to resist buying and easier to justify come on man 4 fucking years clean you should be celebrating that shit or fuck it become a alcoholic at least that's legal(that's a joke btw don't do that)

Yeah methadone is honestly probably the best opiate high I've ever had, but I've only had it a few times. Like all opiates, apparently with chronic usage it becomes normal. That's the entire problem with opiates. But at least it's safe (since you know exactly what and how much it is).
I actually kind of prefer methadone but kind of not I know methadone is gonna keep me from being sick and not make me want to redose because it can kill me but I also just love that vinegar taste on my saliva after I exhale a fat cloud of heroin smoke fuck now I just have myself a craving ain't got any money though so

*update* boofed some dilaudids.

Doomsayers like to glamorize use through cautionary faux deglamorization.

No offense to them, be they moderators or men, but fuck them. I'll live my life. Feeling serenfuckingdipidous ;)