• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates--Looking to get Back In the Least Harmful Way

bayarea415

Greenlighter
Hello friends,

After 4 and some change years clean off IV heroin (and, near the end, fent) I've found myself in a bit of a curious place in my life. I want to do opiates again. But I don't want to jump back in with H.

I realize that the thread title is a bit of an oxymoron, no pun intended. Regardless, I've made up my mind and have come here looking for wisdom so that I can get the most bang for my buck.

If you were me, how would you plan this move? If you could "reset" your tolerance for a few years what would your go-to be? I was thinking morphine, but I remember the high was always a bit heavy handed. So roxy comes to mind. But I'd love to hear the community's opinion before I make my move

Feedback & advice is welcome but I've been thinking about this for a few months now. Between heartbreak, professional failure, and the pandemic, I've become tired of trying and feel quite justified in indulging in my dark, almost forgotten pleasure.

I realize I'll probably end up with a full blown habit but I'd like to minimize my harm--at least in the beginning--by prolonging the distance from point A to point Z, if that makes sense.

Your time is appreciated.

Not in my experience, much cheaper. Even as an end user only buying a few on the street I've gotten "m30s" - pure fent, very dangerous
ahh that answers my question about what's in the press. what a bummer. remember doing roxys back in 2012 over christmas and liking the rush tremendously. I really didn't enjoy the fent high at all, not to mention the ambulance trips that came with it.

in San Francisco those are going for silly money for 30mg now last time I took a stroll to our open air drug market. but I suppose everything's more expensive in this city. morphine may be the way to go in this case. or dilaudid, perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestkng,Interesting, yeah I've seen them go as if it was still a dollar a mg but they are being passed out like candy in phoenix

Interestkng,Interesting, yeah I've seen them go as if it was still a dollar a mg but they are being passed out like candy in phoenix
hmm, phoenix isn't too far from LA / the bay.

fent really just fucked the whole game up didn't it? I've heard it's working its way into ketamine. and cocaine, even. cocaine, ffs! all I see nowdays when I go downtown is people smoking fent off foil. nobody really bangs anymore, not on the street at least. crazy times.

Opioids really make fools of us all, don't they? I think I want to use Heroin several times per day, but time and my personal experience with relapsing tells me that using that first time is tantamount to resuming dependency. When I made the move to get "clean", I used Methadone maintenance and 12-step programs. I found that this was pretty effective for me, but that siren song is going to be a part of your psyche in one form or another for the rest of your life. Get comfortable with it.

Let's not fool ourselves. Objectively speaking, we are all statistically unlikely to be able to use Opioids in a way that is not directly detrimental to our lives. I often use the term insidious and I can't think of a more apt terminology. You might get high a couple of times, put it down, think about it literally every second until you eventuallly get high again and then you take that familiar route to abject dependence and serious consequences for your life, work and personal relationships.

Opioids are undoubtedly the most serious relationship of any kind that I've ever had in my life. They can be a real bitch, but at least you know exactly what you're dealing with before you get involved.

As others have said, most of the Oxycodone available on the street are counterfeit and typically contain Fentanyl or Fentanyl analogues, although other designer Opioids appear to be making an appearance lately. At any rate, "Roxies" or "30's" are basically all fake at this point.

On the street, pharmaceutical Opioids are few and far between. In my experience, up here in New England where we have never been shy about using dope, it's pretty much Methadone take-homes from the clinic or dope, which is also primarily Fentanyl. It would appear that there is still some real Morphine/Heroin powder out on the streets, but shooting from the hip, I would have to say that less than 10% of the dope out here is authentic.

Let us know if you need any advice regarding using whatever Opioids you are able to come across, but the market is pretty barren right now. Do you have a needle exchange or other Harm Reduction services in your area? When you pick up your rigs, you can typically get Fentanyl test strips. It's certainly not a perfect situation, but at least knowing that you're indeed using a form of Fentanyl provides a vague benchmark.

You can still find real oxy in the US, I'd say it's about 25% more expensive than 10 years ago. Usually only the shitty brands available. If I see m30 I walk away.

I'll stick with my kratom.

Opioids really make fools of us all, don't they? I think I want to use Heroin several times per day, but time and my personal experience with relapsing tells me that using that first time is tantamount to resuming dependency. When I made the move to get "clean", I used Methadone maintenance and 12-step programs. I found that this was pretty effective for me, but that siren song is going to be a part of your psyche in one form or another for the rest of your life. Get comfortable with it.

Let's not fool ourselves. Objectively speaking, we are all statistically unlikely to be able to use Opioids in a way that is not directly detrimental to our lives. I often use the term insidious and I can't think of a more apt terminology. You might get high a couple of times, put it down, think about it literally every second until you eventuallly get high again and then you take that familiar route to abject dependence and serious consequences for your life, work and personal relationships.

Opioids are undoubtedly the most serious relationship of any kind that I've ever had in my life. They can be a real bitch, but at least you know exactly what you're dealing with before you get involved.

As others have said, most of the Oxycodone available on the street are counterfeit and typically contain Fentanyl or Fentanyl analogues, although other designer Opioids appear to be making an appearance lately. At any rate, "Roxies" or "30's" are basically all fake at this point.

On the street, pharmaceutical Opioids are few and far between. In my experience, up here in New England where we have never been shy about using dope, it's pretty much Methadone take-homes from the clinic or dope, which is also primarily Fentanyl. It would appear that there is still some real Morphine/Heroin powder out on the streets, but shooting from the hip, I would have to say that less than 10% of the dope out here is authentic.

Let us know if you need any advice regarding using whatever Opioids you are able to come across, but the market is pretty barren right now. Do you have a needle exchange or other Harm Reduction services in your area? When you pick up your rigs, you can typically get Fentanyl test strips. It's certainly not a perfect situation, but at least knowing that you're indeed using a form of Fentanyl provides a vague benchmark.
Thanks for sharing this man.

I've heard some success stories with methadone maintenance. Certainly with suboxone. Tried both; got high while on methadone, and always went off my subs. So kudos to you for pulling it off, I suppose.

After about 9 months clean I stopped getting active cravings. Only using dreams. That's changed over the last several odd months.

Test strips are a great idea. I forgot about those. But being completely honest, if my choices are fent or nothing, I don't really see the point in just picking up a fent habit, even if I'm not banging it (I still have no veins 4.5 years later anyhow). Mostly because going from 0 to fentanyl seems like a bad / likely lethal experience.

Well, fuck. My thread has yielded nothing but disappointment. Part of me wishes I never asked. Another is glad I did. How the hell do people have a habit nowadays without inadvertently or intentionally using fent??

Thanks for sharing this man.

I've heard some success stories with methadone maintenance. Certainly with suboxone. Tried both; got high while on methadone, and always went off my subs. So kudos to you for pulling it off, I suppose.

After about 9 months clean I stopped getting active cravings. Only using dreams. That's changed over the last several odd months.

Test strips are a great idea. I forgot about those. But being completely honest, if my choices are fent or nothing, I don't really see the point in just picking up a fent habit, even if I'm not banging it (I still have no veins 4.5 years later anyhow). Mostly because going from 0 to fentanyl seems like a bad / likely lethal experience.

Well, fuck. My thread has yielded nothing but disappointment. Part of me wishes I never asked. Another is glad I did. How the hell do people have a habit nowadays without inadvertently or intentionally using fent??

I guess the answer is that they are not afraid of the risks or, they are so desperate to get well they throw caution to the wind. I know I would. I've only been to jail once in my life. I got caught with a contaminated, empty rig that they swabbed and then charged me with felony possession of Heroin. I was still in college at the time. I told the cops and the judge about the importance of making my mid-terms, but alas, they didn't give a flying fuck.

Anyway, I basically had a water bubbler and a steel bed to lay on while withdrawing from a two gram a day dope habit. To add to the utter bullshit of the situation, out of all people, I ended up with an Aryan Brotherhood asshole as my celly. I'm a jew, so it was pretty awkward. My point is, I would have let someone crush my elbow with a sledgehammer for a shot. I would have gladly let someone break my body to pieces if it meant I got a single shot.

This is not an exaggeration. I was pleading with God, the universe, considering practicing Alchemy in my cell to hopefull turn water into dope (The Magnum Opus or "Great Work"). I would have done anything. So when you talk about making the choice to use Fentanyl or not, it's a very simple answer. Most addicts will have no qualms about risking death as if literally playing Russian Roulette

I would have held a gun to my head and taken the chance if it meant dope. Without question.

Sorry, this is already way too long. The change from Morphine/Heroin to Fentanyl is a major part of why I was able to quit getting high. Fentanyl is not the same. For one, instead of getting by totally fine with 3 shots/24hrs, now I've gotta do 5?

Think of it this way, you can get laid and be with a girl/guy who you don't know and don't really care about or have an emotional connection to. On the other hand, you can be with someone that really means something to you and that added warmth/connection is just "magic" by comparison.

Fentanyl was just a rebound. It didn't give me that magic, that feeling that everything is alright and everything will work out. It's really an interesting phenomenon. I believe Fentanyl as a major trafficked drug was born completely and directly out of the Opioid Prescription epidemic.

I think people were already using Opioids that were more "euphoric", "pleasurable" i.e. Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, Morphine/Heroin. Once they got completely addicted and dependent, it becomes easy to substitute a much more potent, yet in many ways, inferior Opioid into the drug market.

When you dive into dependency, getting high is always great, but getting well is the true objective. I think Fentanyl as a street drug fits perfectly in a socio-economic sense given the history of Opioid usage over the past couple of decades.

I might be mistaken, but I feel that Fentanyl is more potent, but less "fun", "recreational", "pleasurable"... magic

Last edited:
Just a note to say sorry, but I've had to edit some prices out of the posts above. Several complaints have been received and rules is rules...

Apologies to those affected

Good luck getting any of that shit. I know a kid who broke his hand with a hammer to get a script of Hydrocodone (Vicodin). Junkies can be both incredibly resourceful and devoid of rational judgement, sometimes in the same go!

I'm sure you could cop some Methadone. They are giving out weekly carries (6 bottles at a time) to pretty much everyone as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm not presenting a PSA for scoring or advising everyone to go do it, but there are some fairly good reasons to choose Methadone over other street Opioids. Most clinics offer takehome doses in a relatively safe and secure package. I know at the clinic I went to, they had a device that would seal the bottles with a layer of foil over the top.

I'm not saying they can't be fucked with, but it would be a fairly sophisticated method for someone on the street to be able to replicate. Bottles will have the contents and dosage listed on each bottle, so you know what you're getting essentially. If you have any questions let me know. I normally wouldn't give this kind of advice, but given the relatively dangerous supply of other Opioids currently available, it seemed like a decent suggestion.

I can real M30s, you have to have a trust worthy friend who is still able to go to the doctor and gets them from the pharmacy. I know one old man who is able to do so. Good luck finding one in your area tho.

That said, I too was clean for 4 years. I wish I never relapsed. Dumbest shit I ever did. Now Im struggling to get off this shit. If you do relapse gaurantee you will eventually end up on this fent dope trash just like the rest of us. When I get clean again Im done for life!! This misery just isnt worth it!!

I guess the answer is that they are not afraid of the risks or, they are so desperate to get well they throw caution to the wind. I know I would. I've only been to jail once in my life. I got caught with a contaminated, empty rig that they swabbed and then charged me with felony possession of Heroin. I was still in college at the time. I told the cops and the judge about the importance of making my mid-terms, but alas, they didn't give a flying fuck.

Anyway, I basically had a water bubbler and a steel bed to lay on while withdrawing from a two gram a day dope habit. To add to the utter bullshit of the situation, out of all people, I ended up with an Aryan Brotherhood asshole as my celly. I'm a jew, so it was pretty awkward. My point is, I would have let someone crush my elbow with a sledgehammer for a shot. I would have gladly let someone break my body to pieces if it meant I got a single shot.

This is not an exaggeration. I was pleading with God, the universe, considering practicing Alchemy in my cell to hopefull turn water into dope (The Magnum Opus or "Great Work"). I would have done anything. So when you talk about making the choice to use Fentanyl or not, it's a very simple answer. Most addicts will have no qualms about risking death as if literally playing Russian Roulette

I would have held a gun to my head and taken the chance if it meant dope. Without question.

Sorry, this is already way too long. The change from Morphine/Heroin to Fentanyl is a major part of why I was able to quit getting high. Fentanyl is not the same. For one, instead of getting by totally fine with 3 shots/24hrs, now I've gotta do 5?

Think of it this way, you can get laid and be with a girl/guy who you don't know and don't really care about or have an emotional connection to. On the other hand, you can be with someone that really means something to you and that added warmth/connection is just "magic" by comparison.

Fentanyl was just a rebound. It didn't give me that magic, that feeling that everything is alright and everything will work out. It's really an interesting phenomenon. I believe Fentanyl as a major trafficked drug was born completely and directly out of the Opioid Prescription epidemic.

I think people were already using Opioids that were more "euphoric", "pleasurable" i.e. Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, Morphine/Heroin. Once they got completely addicted and dependent, it becomes easy to substitute a much more potent, yet in many ways, inferior Opioid into the drug market.

When you dive into dependency, getting high is always great, but getting well is the true objective. I think Fentanyl as a street drug fits perfectly in a socio-economic sense given the history of Opioid usage over the past couple of decades.

I might be mistaken, but I feel that Fentanyl is more potent, but less "fun", "recreational", "pleasurable"... magic
Man that sucks about when you were in college. Going cold turkey on a 2g/day habit would probably make me hallucinate. Highest I got up to / could afford was around 1 a day, also in college. And our dope in the city was garbage before fent was an issue.

I agree about the points you made about the fent high. That was my experience. It felt very...synthetic. No magic. And short af. Spent longer trying to find a vein than i did being high.

Good luck getting any of that shit. I know a kid who broke his hand with a hammer to get a script of Hydrocodone (Vicodin). Junkies can be both incredibly resourceful and devoid of rational judgement, sometimes in the same go!

I'm sure you could cop some Methadone. They are giving out weekly carries (6 bottles at a time) to pretty much everyone as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm not presenting a PSA for scoring or advising everyone to go do it, but there are some fairly good reasons to choose Methadone over other street Opioids. Most clinics offer takehome doses in a relatively safe and secure package. I know at the clinic I went to, they had a device that would seal the bottles with a layer of foil over the top.

I'm not saying they can't be fucked with, but it would be a fairly sophisticated method for someone on the street to be able to replicate. Bottles will have the contents and dosage listed on each bottle, so you know what you're getting essentially. If you have any questions let me know. I normally wouldn't give this kind of advice, but given the relatively dangerous supply of other Opioids currently available, it seemed like a decent suggestion.
This may be the safest option. Decent degree of dosage control and quality control. Thank you.

I can real M30s, you have to have a trust worthy friend who is still able to go to the doctor and gets them from the pharmacy. I know one old man who is able to do so. Good luck finding one in your area tho.

That said, I too was clean for 4 years. I wish I never relapsed. Dumbest shit I ever did. Now Im struggling to get off this shit. If you do relapse gaurantee you will eventually end up on this fent dope trash just like the rest of us. When I get clean again Im done for life!! This misery just isnt worth it!!
Interesting. What made you start up again?

This may be the safest option. Decent degree of dosage control and quality control. Thank you.

I know Methadone isn't everyone's up of tea. I'd much rather have dope, obviously, but it's an equally powerful Opioid in most respects, not speaking specifically by weight, more just by their relative potency and effects. If you haven't used Methadone before, I would really recommend doing a litte bit of research on the subject or coming back to ask your new friends here at Bluelight.

I feel like I talk too much about rectal administration. I guess Jeanne of Arc never would have broken the siege at Orleans if she didn't claim to be talking to angels. We can't claim to be doing our part by not recommending this route of administration. Why is it important in the context of Methadone consumption? Well, read on!

We understand a lot about the reinforcing effects of drugs relative to the quickness at which the drug is introduced completely into circulation and eventually, to the brain. Injecting Cocaine is going to be a more powerful, "euphoric", "rewarding" experience than insufflating that same quantity of Cocaine intranasally.

Methadone's strength as a maintenance medication lies primarily in its favorable bioavailability and its comparatively long duration of action, allowing once-daily dosing in most populations. This equates typically to a patient consuming their dose and said dose not "kickin in" for say, an hour and not hitting full stride until as long as 4 hours post-ingestion. It's advantages in maintenance are also its commonly stated drawbacks as a recreational substance.

By administering Methadone rectally, you cut the time to maximum concentration by half, rendering your peak closer to the 1.5 hour mark as opposed to the 3 hour mark. It's still not a shot of dope, but this could make Methadone an option for people who have previously shunned it. Giving the dubious safety of the current illicit Opioid supply, getting people to use pharmaceutically-guaranteed Opioids could be a subtle move in the vein of harm reduction.