• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates Do Cure Depression More Effectively Than Anything else with a proper regimen

Conspirator

Greenlighter
It is true that opiates cure depression more efficiently and effectively than any other drug known to man, but they're consequences to un-systematic and careless treatment regimens.

IMHO Fentanyl is the best drug for depression due to it's incredibly short insufflated half life. After the 10-45 min buzz wears off it leaves you still feeling un-depressed. It lets you truly feel what happiness feels like. It seems to allow the dopamine and endorphin levels to increase In my experience; Therefore effectively treating depression. for a non-tolerant average depressed person what should work is a 3 times a day regimen of 10-50ug of fentanyl HCL intranasally 3 times a day, When you wae up, Mid afternoon, and 10 minutes before bed for safety reasons. Do not take any loperamide or kratom during the withdrawal process because it will prolong in exponentially. Take it from one who knows.

Important:
This is not a foolproof method of defeating dopaminergic and/or seritonin related types of depression.

These are strictly my observations from guinea-pigging select groups of colleagues with these issues.

My problems are much more much more complex than depression therefore my results from the study are partially irrelevant, and only mine but it did help my depression seriously along with my other colleagues crazy enough to guinea pig with me!

I do not endorse this method due to the lack of further research into the matter by medical professionals.
Try at your own rick, I am not liable for any complications.

Last edited:
dude Fentanyl Sucks!!!! and opiates don't cure depression, have you ever been in wd? have you ever gone CT? have you ever been to hell?

Is your giant letter some sort of an Appeal to Loudness? Fuck off

It is true that opiates cure depression more efficiently and effectively than any other drug known to man,

not really. they may temporarily reverse depression but they are absolutely not a treatment.

nobody takes morphine, says "oh I'm not depressed now" and then never has to take it again... after the morphine wears off you will get depressed again.

After the 10-45 min buzz wears off it leaves you still feeling un-depressed. It lets you truly feel what happiness feels like. It seems to allow the dopamine and endorphin levels to increase In my experience; Therefore effectively treating depression.

because you're still high on fentanyl. after 45 minutes there's still drug in your system. and fentanyl is very potent.

I do not endorse this method due to the lack of further research into the matter by medical professionals.

well, maybe you missed the last 200 years of prior research (i know it's easy to miss) but this is a totally stupid method for "treating" depression.

for instance, if you do fentanyl 3x a day every day for 2-3 weeks and you stop doing it... you're going to mysteriously "get the flu". and get really angry, and sore, and not want to do anything. (opioid withdrawal) and your depression will very likely come back with a vengeance.

Last edited:
Your whole argument is essentially "it gets you high, therefore it cures depression". You might feel less depressed while you're high on opioids, but then when you come down and/or start withdrawing, you'll most likely feel even worse than before. Is this supposed to be a joke or what is the deal with all these threads touting opioids as antidepressants lately?

you can say this when you are first board the opiate train but once you are on that train for years and years, the opiates dont quite work the way they once did, and that tolerance is no where near it once was, so the depression starts to kick in because you can no longer feed that hunger you once had. sure, if a Dr. wanted to script me 3-5 grams of heroin a day, then by all means Doc, please do, but the thought of using opiates for depression would increase the opiate usage throughout the world 10 fold and people would be on 1000+MG's of opiates per day.

but yes, its a beautiful thought but if it was only that easy it would have already happened.

LOL...the withdrawal is total hell, especially off the fent patch. That is depressing.

you can say this when you are first board the opiate train but once you are on that train for years and years, the opiates dont quite work the way they once did, and that tolerance is no where near it once was, so the depression starts to kick in because you can no longer feed that hunger you once had. sure, if a Dr. wanted to script me 3-5 grams of heroin a day, then by all means Doc, please do, but the thought of using opiates for depression would increase the opiate usage throughout the world 10 fold and people would be on 1000+MG's of opiates per day.

but yes, its a beautiful thought but if it was only that easy it would have already happened.
I know a guy who would shoot 7 grams a day of black tar. Sounds impossible to me, but do you think it's possible to get that tolerant?

I know I missed the last 5 years here on bluelight... but this was never a common thread back in '05-'10 now that I am back, it seems like everyday this topic comes up. What is this? Is this a trend that has been coming up in the past couple years? Because it is dangerous. Using opiates for AD is even worse than using them to get high. Using to get high usually you know what you're getting into. This using for AD is well... I just don't see it ending well. This is a serious question by the way is this a growing trend?

Countless people suffering from depression discover this on their own every day. They then have a terrible time coming off becasue they were using drugs to self medicate rather then solve the problem. We are all capable of innate happiness and using drugs lessens that ability.

If you want to "cure" depression you must address the causes even then its a battle and something you work on or "deal with" for life. Theres no short cuts in the real world.

I know a guy who would shoot 7 grams a day of black tar. Sounds impossible to me, but do you think it's possible to get that tolerant?

dude, if I could afford 7G's I'd be shooting 7G's. I shot 2-3G's only because its what I could get my hands on. if I had an unlimited supply of dope for life I'd build my tolerance through the fucking roof. you never know, tho.. cuz he may have been getting very SHITTY DOPE, or maybe just a killer habit, who knows. but it may be possible. I shot 2-3G's w/o a problem and still could use more but just cant afford that shit.

Countless people suffering from depression discover this on their own every day. They then have a terrible time coming off becasue they were using drugs to self medicate rather then solve the problem. We are all capable of innate happiness and using drugs lessens that ability.

If you want to "cure" depression you must address the causes even then its a battle and something you work on or "deal with" for life. Theres no short cuts in the real world.

My thoughts exactly. It never worked for me, except for the moment itself.:\

dude, if I could afford 7G's I'd be shooting 7G's. I shot 2-3G's only because its what I could get my hands on. if I had an unlimited supply of dope for life I'd build my tolerance through the fucking roof. you never know, tho.. cuz he may have been getting very SHITTY DOPE, or maybe just a killer habit, who knows. but it may be possible. I shot 2-3G's w/o a problem and still could use more but just cant afford that shit.
He was probably doing very strong shit. He said he used to sell to the famous grunge musicians in Seattle and strippers, and never got caught for like 15 years. He was my sponsor, and his body was missing chunks all over from injecting into abscesses. I met him in the sauna at the gym. Lol, tmi.

It must just be the time of year? Or maybe the US heroin epidemic has just spread to rationalization?

Just 10 hours before you posted this thread, another new member believed they'd found the cure for depression(now with over 50 posts). And just a few days ago there was another. And a couple months ago there was the 13yo and his Percocets (now addicted). Y'all should give your location, I'm curious if there's any geographical correlation to this delusion.

It must just be the time of year? Or maybe the US heroin epidemic has just spread to rationalization?

Just 10 hours before you posted this thread, another new member believed they'd found the cure for depression(now with over 50 posts). And just a few days ago there was another. And a couple months ago there was the 13yo and his Percocets (now addicted). Y'all should give your location, I'm curious if there's any geographical correlation to this delusion.

Okay, so this is kind of a new thing? Back in the day this board was totally different I miss chillin with Dave aka PhreeX. RIP. He was a good friend and his girlfriend was doing her best to help him. But towards the end he was definitely depressed himself. Wouldn't even pick up the phone for me. To all you new people here who think this shit is the answer. It is not, I have lost too many friends to this shit than I want to remember. You should look up PhreeX and learn from his story and what happened to him over time.

Snort fentanyl if you're depressed come on guys don't you all know this? Hahaha

I came in to this thread with an open mind but I got to this statement

Fentanyl is the best drug for depression due to it's incredibly short insufflated half life

and just could not continue with a straight face.

Okay, so this is kind of a new thing? Back in the day this board was totally different I miss chillin with Dave aka PhreeX. RIP. He was a good friend and his girlfriend was doing her best to help him. But towards the end he was definitely depressed himself. Wouldn't even pick up the phone for me. To all you new people here who think this shit is the answer. It is not, I have lost too many friends to this shit than I want to remember. You should look up PhreeX and learn from his story and what happened to him over time.

I've been around since those days too - I miss phreex & crew. The one positive trend I've noticed over the years is that the regulars have gotten much wiser. Several years ago we'd have threads with OP asking about doing heroin for the first time and everyone would just give HR advice on how to get high but nowadays that same style thread will invoke a chorus of posters telling OP reasons why they should abstain. It's quite the 180 turnaround from what things used to be like and the way things are on other drug-related forums where getting the most fucked up without dying seems to be the only goal.

Is this supposed to be a joke or what is the deal with all these threads touting opioids as antidepressants lately?
It's just people attempting to rationalize and justify their addiction, which is hardly a new phenomenon.

He was probably doing very strong shit. He said he used to sell to the famous grunge musicians in Seattle and strippers, and never got caught for like 15 years. He was my sponsor, and his body was missing chunks all over from injecting into abscesses. I met him in the sauna at the gym. Lol, tmi.

may sound sick to say but thats cool as shit; not sure if you noticed but I have Layne Staley as my avatar for this site; the BEST "grunge" musician to EVER come out of Seattle. fucking guy loved dope more than me somehow and had the fucking money to rip that shit for years and years before eventually ODing from a speedball.

not sure if you know the story behind the guy but its a pretty good read and all about dope and how it took THE BEST EVER down and just made him hide away from all and shoot dope daily and eventually OD and found his body 2 weeks after it all happened just laying there w/ needles and shit around it.

hes not why I got into dope but AIC is always a band I was obsessed w/ and once I started doing opiates I started to listen to their DIRT album more and more and man, just listen to that shit, its pretty fucking insane shit for a dope fiend to hear. all VERY TRUE STUFF and he just says it straight out. check out JUNKHEAD by Alice in Chains. live version listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9GAEFTeWko