• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Opiate withdrawal tricks?

Hey Desp, did you make it through the day? though i think we may be in different time-zones - it's 1:20am in Victoria, Australia atm.
I'm doing well - I'm always on or off. I current pattern is 3mnths off, then a binge for a few weeks, then back off it again. You may wonder why i would get back on...yeh, me too. i have been using off and on since i was 16 and i'm 44 now. yikes - that's a long time. During some of that time, i would have years off, but it always draws me back. lately i have been taking naltrexone to help stay off. it works really well for me...but you have to take it otherwise it won't work (obvs!). have you heard of it? basically it's a blocker so you can't feel opiate while you are on it. I tried once to cheat it by using an increased dose (very stupid idea...this is how overdoses happen!), but it did nothing. Another good thing about it is that it lasts a few days in your system. so if you break to your cravings and decide to have some opiates..you have to wait 5 days to be able to feel it...in which time, hopefully you have changed your mind anyway.
so anyway...i hope today went well. hang in there :

Hey polly! Sorry i havent checked in. Its been a busy few days..my husband, son and I have been doing some yard work. College basketball ncaa tournaments have been on all weekend too...so weve been in front of the tv watching. The weather here in Ohio has been trying to warm up but its taking FOREVER to go away.

Sooooo... i made it to day 4...and then...i get a text at 7:30....of course. So i copped a few 15s. And then my neighbor (who always owes me ) thru me one. A fucking text....all it took. I know why i copped the 15s. It was a great price..i dnt even get high anymore...2 15s give me amazing energy! Soooo back to day 2. I dnt even want to quit....makes me feel like shit of course. I have to go right now, but i would love to talk to you more later.. hope you are having a good day! Talk soon

Really proud of you. You can do it.

So can you krazikat! Ive been reading your posts and they have been very inspirational for me!!! Of course on day 4 I copped a few 15s so now im back to day 2...not really having any withdrawals but have little energy..meh....i know i can do it. I just dont want it as bad as i thought maybe??? I dnt know....

So can you krazikat! Ive been reading your posts and they have been very inspirational for me!!! Of course on day 4 I copped a few 15s so now im back to day 2...not really having any withdrawals but have little energy..meh....i know i can do it. I just dont want it as bad as i thought maybe??? I dnt know....

I struggle with that exact thought all the time!! "Do I really want it??" And lately, more than anytime in the past, I am finding the answer is yes. Everytime I relapse and score more pills, aside from the crazy amounts of money I spend, I wind up back at Day One, in WD, wondering what now? What have I done? What am I doing?

If we were to cost/benefit analysis of using pills or not using them, it would always favor the NO. Always. It's something I have to keep reminding myself of when the cravings strike, which they do daily.

Regarding DXM: I was also curious about it's effect in relieving opiate WD, and I tried it once. Took 90 mg. It took away WD, but I was pretty much tripping ay work. At times I enjoyed it, but for the most part it was something I would not do again.

I struggle with that exact thought all the time!! "Do I really want it??" And lately, more than anytime in the past, I am finding the answer is yes. Everytime I relapse and score more pills, aside from the crazy amounts of money I spend, I wind up back at Day One, in WD, wondering what now? What have I done? What am I doing?

If we were to cost/benefit analysis of using pills or not using them, it would always favor the NO. Always. It's something I have to keep reminding myself of when the cravings strike, which they do daily.

And you are exactly right krazikat! The insane amount of money i have spent over the past year.....it makes me sick to my stomach. This is the 1st time i have actually tried quitting. I have always had an excuse or justification for my drug use. Eating a pill is my cup of coffee in the morning, eating a pill is my cold beer after a long day at work, eating a pill to lift my mood, give me energy..whatever. i can justify the shit out of it! But at the end of the day? I have to stop this merry go round and get off. Even today i caught myself thinking...well if i only buy a couple times a week instead of every other day....if i only spend 60 not 100..etc.

My progress is slow....but its going to happen. Yours will too. We can do this. If not for us, for our families. Sending lots of good vibes your way. Im going to keep posting and reading up on your story along with everyone elses stories too. I find this forum very encouraging and helpful to me.