• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiate users: why don't you grow poppies and make opium?

OK then, how many poppy heads would you need to milk to get high by smoking the opium?

I am also considering eating the poppy heads as well. I'm open to it all ;)

malfunkshun said:
Funny, because some pods on eBay are described as being sold with only the first 5 inches of the stem attached. Incidentally, the first 5 inches of the stem usually contain about 1/3 the alkaloids as the pod, with the rest of the stem being practically worthless. Also, a lot of the time I see pods on eBay described as 'broken or in pieces', and I've actually received pods that were 'broken or in pieces', but were not described that way. Not exactly primo pods for flower arrangements, but these eBay vendors know what most of their customers want and that as long as they know they're getting their content, it doesn't make a fuck if they're 'broken or in pieces'.

Maybe they're making poppy wreaths or poppy mosaics? Or flower arrangements for short vases. Don't discriminate against short vases, dude! %)

They know exactly why people are buying their pods. The issue would be admitting that in writing. So long as you can make a reasonable claim that you're selling floral supplies, the DEA is going to have a tough time making a case against you. (Not saying they wouldn't -- just saying that you would have some defenses a jury might well buy). If they've got you on record talking about how much morphine is in your product, that makes busting you for conspiracy to distribute a whole lot easier. Playing dumb doesn't guarantee you won't get hassled by the DEA, but doing otherwise pretty much ensures you will.

I actually just bout some pods from ebay. I'm starting my own poppy garden, but in the meanwhile i decided i didnt want to wait. there are lots of kinds of poppies and since opium is really only from one, you search using it's real plant name and boom... there they are. there really wasnt much back and forth talking. I bought the lot, did a paypal, no questions asked. I made my first batch of tea yesterday and well, let's just say i'm learning with the pods/ water ratio. Better to start off low and bump up, right?

Also, i made it in an atutomatic drip coffe maker. instead of putting coffe in the filter and pouring the water in, i used ground pods. I figure since it doesnt reach boiling, it wouldnt ruin the alkoloid content.

What do you guys think about that? Could that attributed to the weakness?

malfunkshun said:
growing poppies ain't easy. i've tried several times and they grow into tiny little sprouts, dozens or hundreds of them, then they invariably die. i can't even get them to the 'lettuce' stage. apparently they require a lot of constant care, a very controlled environment (humidity, temperature, light) and a good dose of luck too. i've heard that they're virtually impossible to grow in Texas, where i live, and i can attest to that because i've tried.

awww i think i just cried a little... i'm from texas and was hoping to start my garden soon!

I'd like to have/grow some raw opium and make Laudanum. I believe it's nothing more than opium dissolved in Ethyl alcohol, right?
Why, you ask? I dunno. Just sounds like some kick ass swill.

poppies grow everywhere in england.i went back to my mums house the do my cold turkey and she had about 12 papiver somniferums growing right outside my bedroom window.not nice to see everyday when you are trying to give up heroin i tell you.i lasted three days before i snook out one evening and scored all the poppy pods with a stanley knife.the white latex just oozed out straight away.i left them an hour and went back out and scraped the gunk off em.i scraped the brown gunk off the knife and onto some foil and smoked the lot.i didn't get a mad buzz off it but i definately felt it.i slept soundly that night.

Opportunity costs - The costs of not doing something else. Example: If you could work extra hours at $10/hr, that means that every time you hang out with your friends or spend sleeping, you are losing $10/hr.

It's much better if you use the time and energy to grow, say, some fruit or vegetables, or even marijuana, than opium, and sell that, and then spend the money on opium.

Don't do yourself what someone else can do better, and always do what you can do better than someone else can. It's called 'specialization.'

because its slavery. the people that cultivate opium are usually from third world countries and are either willing to work for very little, forced into it, or have no other way to make money. its a labor intensive task that would seem completely fruitless to virtually anyone from the US except for opiophiles :)

I got a 9 acre plot of land and I was considering just doing a mahoosive poppy grow.

Iv given it a shot..............its not that easy to rase them from seed to harvest.

SimFromStoke said:
poppies grow everywhere in england.i went back to my mums house the do my cold turkey and she had about 12 papiver somniferums growing right outside my bedroom window.not nice to see everyday when you are trying to give up heroin i tell you.i lasted three days before i snook out one evening and scored all the poppy pods with a stanley knife.the white latex just oozed out straight away.i left them an hour and went back out and scraped the gunk off em.i scraped the brown gunk off the knife and onto some foil and smoked the lot.i didn't get a mad buzz off it but i definately felt it.i slept soundly that night.
Fuck yeah man! that is pretty cool. I wish I had em in my yard.

This summer i discovered poppy seed tea and really became interested in papaver somniferum...

I became MOST excited early september to discover a nearby neighbour's front garden FULL of the sought-after plants and all of them like 4 to 5 feet tall and about to lose their flowers.

Fast forward over the next few weeks much conscience-wrangling and anticipation as I walk by everyday and see the plants coming ever closer to the mature stage an opiophile would look for....

Then, when I finally make my mind up to do a little midnight harvest (and please don't flame me - i'm well aware how dodgy that is morality-wise....well-aware) I walk by the garden one afternoon on way back from work to find the entire crop razed to the ground......and I mean harvested 100% with clinical efficiency.

Either immensley coincidental or, more likely, owners of said house are comitted opiophiles too. I like to think the latter because then, at least, the crop gets used by someone.

It'd be a tragedy if said crop just ended up on the compost heap eh?

Ah well, i'm kinda relieved that fate stepped in before I comitted an extremely immoral action.

got beans? said:
because its slavery. the people that cultivate opium are usually from third world countries and are either willing to work for very little, forced into it, or have no other way to make money. its a labor intensive task that would seem completely fruitless to virtually anyone from the US except for opiophiles :)

I dont know what an opiophile is, but i'm starting a garden in my backyard. I dont do any other drugs anymore. I'm married, with four children, i stay at home wiht them while my husband works. i want to grow the poppies, dry the pods and make some tea. After dinner when my husband is doing homework with the kids, and i'm doing dishes it's nice to sip on, when we get the kids in bed we are feeling the euphoric tranquilizing effects, we sit on the couch and cuddle and talk and it's a nice way to end a hectic day.

Ubermeister1984 said:
whats the difference between opioids en opiates, are opioids synthetics?

Bingo.

Every time I tried growing my own poppies (both indoors and outdoors) they never made it past the seedling stage :(

I don't think it's nearly as easy to grow poppies as people make it out to be.

This is from one person's experience in Northern California. You can sow your seeds, THIN them (they hate transplanting and will invariably die no matter how green your thumb is), and they'll grow quite beautifully.

Wait a couple of weeks after the petals fall off and start scoring the pods (there are numerous pictorial resources for this.) Collect the latex and if you're really impatient and not in the least a chemist, you can smoke that dried latex on foil. And it works. Even on someone with a tolerance. I am writing this having just smoked the first pea-sized ball of O from my own plants. I by no means have a beginners' tolerance and the shit works. It works well, as a matter of fact. :)

However, the yield of latex from each pod is tiny and the work is arduous. So, you won't support your habit or even get that many highs out of it unless you're totally dedicated to dreary manual labor and you have massive tracts of your own (or otherwise protected) land.

The high is really, really good though.

I think it'd be the shit to grow poppies for tea, but don't live somewhere I can really do it. One day when it's harder to buy pods online after enforcement cracks down, I might consider growing a couple if I can...I love gardening! Nothing better than getting high off your own supply.

:)

^ +1. I was thinking of planting some, but then my backyard got torn up by construction workers for the neighbour's pool. :\

Plus, given how much room I would have had to grow them, probably wouldn't have gotten much out of it. I still have the seeds though, they're a part of my drug collection. =D

I tried it, had success and realized opium smoked isnt nearly as good as most other ones that ive eaten or injected, and eating opium is hardish to dose and kinda boring as far as the ritual. Mine was an indoor hydroponic experiment and it would never be enough to sustain a habit on its own, even a small habit would be tons of work to sustain. I am a good grower though and learned a lot.