• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Cravings

Opiate cravings, specifically craving for sniffing (I am NOT an IV user of anything, never have), heroin. I am currently taking pretty low daily doses of dope(.3-.4 of a gram I would say something like that) along with OP's (around 30mg x 3-4x per day so up to 120mg per day spread out) to stay functional during the day. I need to make the full switch to OP's only, and then start bringing my dose down from there.

Do you find the ritual of sniffing to be habit forming? I haven't tried smack yet my DOC is blue roxies. I find the ritual of breaking down the pills into powder and prepping lines very relaxing. Just going through the motions helps clear my mind. Maybe I have a nasal fixation?

For some reason I do not like eating roxies as much as I like sniffing even though it has a higher BA. Am I a weirdo? Maybe changing the ROA will help you be less preoccupied?

Agreed. I guess I was moreso referring to [in the beginning] the more people that they got hooked, the more $. I guess the next natural step [now that everyone got hooked on pills, and they tightened the reigns on that, then people moving to street drugs] from there would be to try to come up with something to combat addiction. But addiction is nothing new. A little pill isn’t going to “cure” it. Although, they sure will market the fuck out of it. And all these poor, desperate people will try anything, while ca-ching ca-ching, more pockets are lined.

I mean if alcohol is legal and cannabis in many places I don't see why opium can't also be legalized. It would be way better than abusing powerful synthetics opioids.

If I could just go to the store and by opium by the gram I wouldn't even bother trying to score anything else. I am sure most people would not even resort to shit like fent or heroin.

The war on drugs will never work because people will keep taking drugs since they feel so good. The best thing would be harm reduction by the way of controlled and legal alternatives.

I consider opium to be a holistic, natural and healing medicine. It is only when alkaloids are separated, concentrated and synthesized that things get out of hand.

What did you quit cold turkey? What were you using and for how long? I hear so much about Gaba and 90% of it is all positive so I think im going to give it a shot if I can get it. Not sure if I can get it as I never tried.

I quit cold turkey tramadol and hydrocodone for about two months. Yes definitely add Gabapentin to your regimen if you can find it. I only have some because I was prescribed it as an anti-anxiety aid for awhile. Best wishes bro

the best thing is exercise if I do press ups(until I can do no more) or jog and push the burn that helps (a lot) if I do both and have a bath I can't even feel the wd it can be hard to motivate yourself but at least you will get some sleep that's how I motivate myself to work out lol although I usually get enough exerciee walking 5 miles to my dealers every other day
Oh and don't forget about music can't believe I forgot to say that music sounds better when your On the rattle as well music and exercise are amazing tools that it used properly can allow you to be in basically no withdrawal of course cravings may still be their once you realise it's just a fake high and mostly in your head though it should be easier I mean when I have picked up I feel better already if that doesn't prove its in your head I don't know what does

Tea and coffee helps to i am drinking tea right now I need my cup of tea to wake up to just like my darling gran

I consider opium to be a holistic, natural and healing medicine. It is only when alkaloids are separated, concentrated and synthesized that things get out of hand.

This simply isn't true. If you look into the history of drugs you'd see that people have gotten very addicted to opium in the past (and even right now in some countries) and have ruined their lives because of it.
The active ingredient is still morphine, not very different from heroin. There are obvious differences of course, you could say that heroin is easier to abuse and thus more addictive and reinforcing cause it can be injected, snorted or smoked pretty easily.
If you follow proper harm reduction (which is pretty hard when dealing with black market drugs) heroin is no more dangerous than opium, addiction aside.
But then again humans will get addicted to almost anything and some of them will find a way to "ruin their lives" because of it. Doesn't matter if the drug is natural, synthetic or artificial.

That being said I do support the decriminalization of all drugs and possibly the legalization or most of them as well, though not all (it's kind of a complex topic).
I do agree that some drugs seem to be more dangerous from an addiction standpoint but this isn't set in stone. There are many factors at play, for instance some people absolutely hate opiates but can't stop abusing "insert whatever drug you can think of".

Saw the title:
Cravings... been craving all day and held back
fixin to the let that 2mg sub film do it's magic
gotta lot of excuses why... main one is because I fucking can

This simply isn't true. If you look into the history of drugs you'd see that people have gotten very addicted to opium in the past (and even right now in some countries) and have ruined their lives because of it.
The active ingredient is still morphine, not very different from heroin. There are obvious differences of course, you could say that heroin is easier to abuse and thus more addictive and reinforcing cause it can be injected, snorted or smoked pretty easily.
If you follow proper harm reduction (which is pretty hard when dealing with black market drugs) heroin is no more dangerous than opium, addiction aside.
But then again humans will get addicted to almost anything and some of them will find a way to "ruin their lives" because of it. Doesn't matter if the drug is natural, synthetic or artificial.

That being said I do support the decriminalization of all drugs and possibly the legalization or most of them as well, though not all (it's kind of a complex topic).
I do agree that some drugs seem to be more dangerous from an addiction standpoint but this isn't set in stone. There are many factors at play, for instance some people absolutely hate opiates but can't stop abusing "insert whatever drug you can think of".

I don't think opium is any more dangerous than alcohol. More people have come to ruin and died over alcohol than opium by far. It is just that alcohol is socially accepted. Poppies grow everywhere and harvesting opium is such a simple process that anyone could do it. I mean opium was considered medicine by various cultures for such a long time. It is only modern days that it is seen as a nefarious drug.

To me opium is like beer or wine and heroin would be like whiskey or vodka. Yes you could get addicted to either but the potential for abuse is so much higher when things are refined. Natives used to chew on coca leaves to give them energy to work and hunt. It wasn't until the leaves were broken down and refined into cocaine that problems started to happen.

Gabapentin will do but Pregabalin is just a more potent form of Gabapentin to put it simply.

Yes true. Pregablin is stronger than Gaba and can be replacement for any opiate but at high doses I feel side effects like vertigo, the disability to walk a straight line and u may even lose control and fall down on the ground. Similar to the vertigo that ppl experience when they are highly drunk

I don't think opium is any more dangerous than alcohol.

True, As i stated in other threads, I only drink at special events or festivals, just one or two shots. Opium/opiates make me feel calm while there's no calmness in the effects of alcohol.

True, As i stated in other threads, I only drink at special events or festivals, just one or two shots. Opium/opiates make me feel calm while there's no calmness in the effects of alcohol.

Opioids simply are healthier than Alcohol as a matter of fact, not opinion. Both can lead to death by overdose. There is nothing stopping a user of pure Heroin from living to be 100, whereas the guy drinking two pints of liquor every day could feasibly be dead by 60.

If u fail to get a prescription for any stuff mentioned/suggested by Posters of this thread, you will have no choice but buying an over-the-counter opiates available in your country. Stuffs like oxycodone or Codeine. I use codeine when i have no opium/opiate at all. Codeine pills, as u know, are mixed with acetaminophen (The one I use is 300mg of acetaminophen and 50mg of codeine)
Acetaminophen is safe when u take any dosage lower than 2/3 grams (This is at least what I've heard from websites and bluelighters) and fortunately there is a very easy way to separate acetaminophen from codeine: an extraction called "CWE" (cold water extraction). The tutorial videos of this extraction are available on youtube. Many ppl think CWE will only waste your stuff unless its done in the "correct way". I've tried it almost 5 times and and each time, the result was satisfying.

Last edited:
Opioids simply are healthier than Alcohol as a matter of fact, not opinion. Both can lead to death by overdose. There is nothing stopping a user of pure Heroin from living to be 100, whereas the guy drinking two pints of liquor every day could feasibly be dead by 60.

Indeed.

I don't think opium is any more dangerous than alcohol. More people have come to ruin and died over alcohol than opium by far. It is just that alcohol is socially accepted. Poppies grow everywhere and harvesting opium is such a simple process that anyone could do it. I mean opium was considered medicine by various cultures for such a long time. It is only modern days that it is seen as a nefarious drug.

I never mentioned alcohol.
And yeah opiates are much less toxic than alcohol, this is well known. Even heroin which is not a natural substance is less toxic than fermented alcohol (beer or wine) which is a naturally occurring process (just optimized by us). Same goes for fentanyl and pretty much any other opioid, doesn't matter where it came from. That's more or less my point.

And actually ethanol is ethanol, drinking beer/wine isn't actually healthier than drinking vodka. What matters is the amount of ethanol consumed. Hardcore alcoholics usually drink hard liquor just because it's easier to drink but that doesn't mean it's more addictive than beer or whatever. And there's plenty of alcoholics who only drink large amounts of beer or things like cider, some of them incorrectly think that it's healthier than hard liquor.

You mention opium being considered medecine, that's true but it doesn't mean it's not addictive. Morphine, heroin and fentanyl are actually medecines in today's society. Most people who take painkillers (same applies to opium being used as a medecine) are not really addicted anyways, but some are.

I think we actually agree on many points, but just because something is natural/unrefined doesn't necessarily mean that it's safer or less addictive than the refined/synthetic counterpart. There's are many other factors to consider.