European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

Right,

As has been established countless times before.. she wont listen

evey go get as much kratom as you like, take it n get hooked then come back moaning when things have gone full cycle again,

seriously ppl, why waste time n effort replying to this, its just another attention seeking tactic, there's no chance in hell anything you say will be listened to, you may as well shout it out your window in hopes she will hear it

proof
^no offence but you don't even know me or my journey n are practically half my age. Its my business what I choose to use as WD n quite a few people have used kratom. I'd rather hear from people who have gone through opiate addiction know me thanks as I find it condescending. It's like me thinking I know what I'm talking about when it comes to LSD etc n lecturing someone on it it's offensive.

I've taken the advice to use kraton off opiate Addicts who have been addicted fpr DECADES. They know a bit about what they're talking about.

I'm not discussing this further must there be a big battle every time I decide something.

Evey

Here he will now he start. Time to log off for a but. Later people xxxx

Evey

FWIW, as somebody with decades of opiate addiction under their belt, using kratom to come off bupe is a horrible idea.

Right,

As has been established countless times before.. she wont listen

evey go get as much kratom as you like, take it n get hooked then come back moaning when things have gone full cycle again,

seriously ppl, why waste time n effort replying to this, its just another attention seeking tactic, there's no chance in hell anything you say will be listened to, you may as well shout it out your window in hopes she will hear it

proof
Spot on,
without trying to sound like I'm jumping on Some kind of evey bash , there really is no point trying to help/ advise her as she's no intention of listening or taking anything on board.
How the fuck is she full of advice for every other poster on the site. But try to help her and your better off pissing in the wind.
EVEY ,listen to people with more experience and knowledge than yourself and you might just get where/what you want.
Iv probably just wasted 5 mins but I really hope you sort your shit out for yourself and more importantly your daughter.

It may be the smallest drop in terms of mg, but in percentage terms i bet it ones of the biggest, have you ever reduced by 25% or more before all in one go?
I never thought of that. You're quite intelligent, MDB. Yes that explains why I'm feeling this. I've never felt any other drop bar once when I tried to go from 4 mg to 2 mg but luckily I tried that myself so could go back to normal script. If my key worker is going to be funny I will ask to ha e a new one as this is damaging my recovery because I'm thinking all sorts. Already done codeine n 3-FPM. Shes I'm getting pressure off family members to get off but that's kimda difficult when you can't get out of bed to attend to responsibilities.
Thank yoy for your support means a lot xxxx
-----

Knowing what is happening with your Bupe I think you should also re-consider the kratom idea. It probably wont take long before you realise that eating a lot if kratom makes you feel rather good, especially if you ditch the bupe, which will limit the effectcts of the K. It does and it will, but it is only a stopgap at best, you will exhasut your kratom tolerance within few months, plus it besided peoples personal stockpiles it will be quite difficult to obtain post ban, i should think. I thought you were intending to use a small amount of K at the end of your bupe taper, it would string things out, but with very good dosing and self control could make those first 2 weeks off bupe a literal run round the park.

BUT, when you then quit kratom, you will be essentially qutitng a bupe and kratom habit rolled into one. This will not be pleasant. Under these circumstances I dont't think it will help.

I appreciate what you're saying n thank you for your advice but please dom't worry I am not wanting to use k to "feel good" been there, done that - I just want some relief from the WDs. I know you're concerned because you became addicted to k but the reason why I want to use this is because it's getting banned n because I won't be able to even if I wanted to. But as I say thank you for raking the time to give me your thoughts on this xxxx

I do listen but Not to21 year okds with no experience Of opi addiction n people likebcf who use every opportunity to Start on me even Something lije opiate WD. Choosing mot to take domrone's advice isn't the same as not listening. Funny I don't get thus mentality in Sober Living isn't it. If I choose to use kratom that's because I've weight up advice from various people - not just people in EADD.

And Strungout you've not wasted your time n I do appreciate you taking the time to post to me. And believe it or not I do listen but when certain members use what I'm going through as an opportuniy to cause drama / arguments n a go at me I choose not to listen then.

I've already ordered kratom before I even discussed it hre so it's not a case of me not listening n I will only use it when necessary. I hardly want another addiction especially when the stuff's going to be banned anyway (hence me deciding to use it). I don't want to argue with people at this time ireally don't have the energy for that bollox xxxx I'm sorry if people think I don't listen as truly that's not the case n I'm truly grateful for any comments re this <3

Anyway how's everyone else getting on with this withdrawals/ tapering?

Evey

Last edited:
I do listen but Not to21 year okds with no experience Of opi addiction n people likebcf who use every opportunity to Start on me even Something lije opiate WD. Choosing mot to take domrone's advice isn't the same as not listening. Funny I don't get thus mentality in Sober Living isn't it. If I choose to use kratom that's because I've weight up advice from various people - not just people in EADD.

And Strungout you've not wasted your time n I do appreciate you taking the time to post to me. And believe it or not I do listen but when certain members use what I'm going through as an opportuniy to cause drama / arguments n a go at me I choose not to listen then.

I've already ordered kratom before I even discussed it hre so it's not a case of me not listening n I will only use it when necessary. I hardly want another addiction especially when the stuff's going to be banned anyway (hence me deciding to use it). I don't want to argue with people at this time ireally don't have the energy for that bollox xxxx I'm sorry if people think I don't listen as truly that's not the case n I'm truly grateful for any comments re this <3

Anyway how's everyone else getting on with this withdrawals/ tapering?

Evey

I really shouldn't waste my time replying to you, i need to work on this myself but you choose NOT to listen to 21yr olds or ppl like me? Even when I have given you plenty of sound advice in the past, Know infinitely more about opiates/oids than you.. I think the main reason you choose not to listen to me is because I don't take your crap and challenge what you say...

Anyway
(see bolded text)
Why would you ask for advice from the people here if you had ALREADY ordered the kratom? you have had your mind set on it, you could've just used it and avoided all this...

But where would be the attention in that eh?

Hopefully my key worker will let me do this at a slower pace. I asked for four weekly. When i thought I could cone straight off i must have had a screw lose i couldn't even get off codeine i need to
Go slower cause struggling to look after little one. I took too much on herd as well as transferring to sertaline. Im going to start the sert today nit Saturday.
I've some kratom coming as was advised it would help. I honestly dom't know people can do this i feel like im in dream ive gotta go to get my subs later n goodness knhws how im going to do it.

I've only dropped by 0.4 mg yet feels like the worst drop ive done.

Evey

BCF this is what I said re kratom I mentioned that I ordered it. Anyway if you're going through this too lets not argue n help one another. It's a battle in itself getting through this. I apologise if you feel I haven't listened to you, do appreciate your advice n wish you well in your journey xxxx

Evey

Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant I need to work on not replying to your posts as I don't want to keep any of this bad vibes going but sometimes its difficult.

As for my own opiate intake I have that under control, limiting myself to one use a week and tapering off with codeine so I avoid all withdrawals other than a runny nose n sneezes n the odd sweaty sleep, other than that I have it under control

interestingly enough kratom and buprenorphine go together surprisingly well, the kratom bringing out the opiate warmth than bupe misses, I think this will be your downfall though if I'm being honest, you will realise that in combination they can feel near as good as codeine and boom, you have just taken a giant leap backwards because you will be able to get high again

Please read and re-read what I have just written above: if you honestly want to quit think about selling the kratom off to someone or even binning it because it is a surefire way for you to relapse

You might think 'oh he doesn't like me, he is just saying this to wind me up' etc etc, I really am not, you WILL get the old skool feeling that you obviously are so craving and that will just lead you back down the path

Whether you choose to listen to me or not, just remember I called this when it inevitably goes wrong :\

I think what everyone is trying to say here Evey is that using the Kratom is a really bad idea. Your track record with substances is not great..you get addicted. Why add another substance to the list?

Not listening to Squid because she is young is a bit rude. Squid was pointing out the obvious. There was no malice involved but you just dismissed what she said because its not what you want to hear. Same with Julies advice. You have not commented on Shambles post but he said the same as others...using Kratom is a bad idea.

This just reminds me of when you embarked on your 3FPM mission...you ignored every single bit of advice you were given and got in over your head...and you are still using it while trying to taper subs...its just madness. Good luck with it but if you dont start listening to others like strungout, bcf, squid, julie and shambles i can see you just ending up deeper in the shit.

Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant I need to work on not replying to your posts as I don't want to keep any of this bad vibes going but sometimes its difficult.

As for my own opiate intake I have that under control, limiting myself to one use a week and tapering off with codeine so I avoid all withdrawals other than a runny nose n sneezes n the odd sweaty sleep, other than that I have it under control

interestingly enough kratom and buprenorphine go together surprisingly well, the kratom bringing out the opiate warmth than bupe misses, I think this will be your downfall though if I'm being honest, you will realise that in combination they can feel near as good as codeine and boom, you have just taken a giant leap backwards because you will be able to get high again

Please read and re-read what I have just written above: if you honestly want to quit think about selling the kratom off to someone or even binning it because it is a surefire way for you to relapse

You might think 'oh he doesn't like me, he is just saying this to wind me up' etc etc, I really am not, you WILL get the old skool feeling that you obviously are so craving and that will just lead you back down the path

Whether you choose to listen to me or not, just remember I called this when it inevitably goes wrong :\

You probsbly have a piint n I will think on what you've said. The only reason I considered it is because it's getting banned n I wont have access it. It was genuinely me thinking of getting relief rather tgam turning to 3 which seems to cause more problems.

Glad you have your own use under comtrol n using the codeine the less the WDs from H does sound practical especially if you've work or whatever.

I too, am working on my posting style. I can over-react on here n take stuff far too seriously so I'm using some CBT to try n stop myself doing that. It is good of you to post so thanks n I will think properly over the kraton you do habe some valid points, to be honest.

Evey

Cba getting too far into this shit (geddit? WD... shit...?!).

Stop blowing out your Dopamine system, if for no reason other than Opioids being massively affected by Dopamine - ever wonder why John Doe smackhead tends to blow themselves up with crack after a few years? 8)

My 2c: consider cannabis to ease opiate WD.

Not fucking Kratom.

I just kicked 17 year addiction to methadone. Very high dose for years and years... Tapered to 40 and jumped off. Got sick as a dog. Went back to the clinic and stayed on a low dose (my body adjusted to 30 mgs). Then when I was REALLY ready, tapered to 4 mg... I took my last methadone dose 33 days ago today!!
Now, How did I deal with the withdrawal.... Well, I used Klonopin at night for sleep and Microdosed Psilocybin in the morning / afternoon. The psilocybin took almost ALL WD symptoms away and got me moving again. Yes, It was the hardest battle of my life but trying to quit a handful of times, unsuccessfully.. this worked for me. I determined long ago that I was a lifer to the clinic.
I don't want to tell people suffering to take more drugs but there is a magical power inside psilocybin that works WONDERS for long term methadone addiction.
Small amounts of psilocybin (Not tripping) but 1/2 to 1 gram each day as a dose. Works Wonders. I am now using nothing but Marijuanna and occasional klonopin for sleep as this still hasn't corrected itself yet.

In what form were you taking the psilocybin?

Wharf rat is possibly my favourite Dead track BTW, good name :)

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but I really need help to taper of opiates. I was oxy forever 50mg a day. I weaned off and on to vic to 35 MG a day and now I just need to make the move and taper down, but everyone has a different right way to do. I am a VP at a company and missing work or rehab isn't gonna work. So, I need to taper but some say 10% decrease for 10 weeks, some say every 3 days... I just need person to tell me how to get off this shit who has actually done it! I can't go thru withdrawal but I can stick to a taper, if I knew how! Please help, thanks

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but I really need help to taper of opiates. I was oxy forever 50mg a day. I weaned off and on to vic to 35 MG a day and now I just need to make the move and taper down, but everyone has a different right way to do. I am a VP at a company and missing work or rehab isn't gonna work. So, I need to taper but some say 10% decrease for 10 weeks, some say every 3 days... I just need person to tell me how to get off this shit who has actually done it! I can't go thru withdrawal but I can stick to a taper, if I knew how! Please help, thanks

I honestly think it' all down to your physical and mental constitution. Personally i find the whole process hellish and that has only been off the more minor opis. There are caveats in the 'bumff' you get saying that some people will naturally find it easier than others, depending largely on their own physical fitness, strength and resilience. I wont bore you with all that PMA crap im sure you've heard a 1,000 times already but i truly believe that having the self belief that you do this with relative ease is perhaps just as, if not even more important than the whole fitness and looking after yourself thing.

I dont think that setting inflexible time frames is gonna help anyone, some will naturally be far slower to adjsust while others will be justr dying to get on to the nexxt reduction asap, listen to your own body is always the moto and unless you are in the Penal system or some crazy boot camp method of quitting your assigned worker should recognise that fact. Those figures should just be very general guidelines imo.

Starting next week i have to quit a Kratom, combined with whatever else i can affford to get my hand on easily, usually O-dt or DHC and i blast by way through usually once a week instead on either of them instead of the Kratom, those DHCs man, im nodding for a good hour or two whilst they disgest but then i come to with the energy to run up and down the stairs, and feel so much like tidying and hoovering etc. which i should have, im only 45. I'll have to rememeber to keep an eye on the time lest t get a knokk on the door from the old bill following complaints of disturubances caused by hoovering at 4am. " Would Sir care to explain?" :eek:

My physical resileience hasnt been great, generally find it really hard to wake up in the mornings, i used to be able just a couple of years ago of doing 16 mile circuits of the National Parks at break neck / ankle speed, literally breaking out into sprints if time was getting short, as it always seemed to ahead of the long journey home. I cold turkeyed kratom my last couple of quits, the main problem was not having anything to eat, or even anything clean to eat anything with, so will do at least that much forward planning, stock up on nutrituous food, and give up the nicotine which doesn't agree with me.

Last edited:
Hi to all I am a newby here too! I really appreciate everyone's insight...I wanted to reply to Justalilproblem. I am a physician who treats addiction with Huge doses of compassion and medication as needed. My ongoing mantra is, "There is no One True Way." (Thanks to Mercedes Lackey). The schedule of weaning is as individual as the person for whom it is tailored. If you have the luxury of Time...I feel that you will probably be more successful moving down in very small increments and spending a significant amount of time, say, three to four weeks, at each dose level.

I feel very strongly that, if possible, a good relationship with a primary care physician would be optimal as they would be able to assist you with the tapering. Having said this, I AM aware, sadly that such relationships are vanishingly rare:(. In too many cases, even if you do have a physician, they are often "Afraid" to enter the arena of Drug or Controlled substance Management.

Please do not give up!! this is something you CAN DO!! However You accomplish it, JALP, you CAN do it. Wean as much as you can...GOOD LUCK!!:D

Hi to all I am a newby here too! I really appreciate everyone's insight...I wanted to reply to Justalilproblem. I am a physician who treats addiction with Huge doses of compassion and medication as needed. My ongoing mantra is, "There is no One True Way." (Thanks to Mercedes Lackey). The schedule of weaning is as individual as the person for whom it is tailored. If you have the luxury of Time...I feel that you will probably be more successful moving down in very small increments and spending a significant amount of time, say, three to four weeks, at each dose level.

I feel very strongly that, if possible, a good relationship with a primary care physician would be optimal as they would be able to assist you with the tapering. Having said this, I AM aware, sadly that such relationships are vanishingly rare:(. In too many cases, even if you do have a physician, they are often "Afraid" to enter the arena of Drug or Controlled substance Management.

Please do not give up!! this is something you CAN DO!! However You accomplish it, JALP, you CAN do it. Wean as much as you can...GOOD LUCK!!:D

I wish more physicians showed your compassion.