• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

I've actually never used it. I did get sent some when I was doing my phenibut w/d but ended up using GBL instead (which worked an absolute treat actually). I've mostly heard good thinks about clonidine though. Just need to be careful of dose cos it fucks with yer blood pressure.

I've actually never used it. I did get sent some when I was doing my phenibut w/d but ended up using GBL instead (which worked an absolute treat actually). I've mostly heard good thinks about clonidine though. Just need to be careful of dose cos it fucks with yer blood pressure.
I have no fucking idea what my BP is like these days, I got tested while under the influence of a stimulant empathogen, caffeine and just back off a cig break and barely scored in the "normal" range. I probably shouldn't fuck with it any further!

It lowers BP so depending on which side you are usually off on, no, you probably shouldn't. Brimz did himself a nasty showering on clonidine. It does have a bit of a reputation for being kinda vicious unless the dose is just right. I'm a bit wary of it myself, to be honest.

(without medical supervision, that is)

My BP was ridiculously low last time it was checked. Apparently the average corpse has higher BP. Well, maybe not but could give a zombie a run for its money in the low BP stakes.

I was borderline hypotensive while on stimulants, so I don't want it lowering any further, though the spikes in BP during WD make me want to pour concrete into my circulatory system!

Hehe. Hence a drug that lowers BP I presume. Does other stuff as well, mind. Does sound like it must be pretty damn useful but I really don't trust self-medication given my shonky BP in general.

Clonidine is great for it's antiadrenergic effects....really eases that sped up sweaty shitstorm you get during a proper rattle. But it also increases the lead suit-no energy-black hole conundrum.....and yes, it lowers BP significantly. In the past I only used it for serious, serious withdrawals...the kind where bashing your head against the concrete sounds like a viable alternative to the way you are feeling. For that state it truly works wonders! It also can allow for some sleep where before there was none. Handy stuff to have around for a serious H kick, but edumicate yrself first, and don't plan on doing much but laying there....(as if you had other plans while CTing smack!)

G,wan Gal

What I will say is that you will only get off Opiates if it is meant to be , all the rock bottom patter is Bullshit I know that myself from my mere 19 year Heroin n Methadone habit .

What enabled her to be in the position to get the support to leave Opiates behind was a pilot scheme that they ran locally .

It was a rapid detox using Britlofex ( lofexidiene ) . She was also given Naltroxene after but has stopped taking it as the effects of it were driving her crazy . The whole process took around 2 weeks n there was one moment I think it was the 5th day where she was very close to relapsing but I managed to convince her to stick with it as it would of been me that she would of expected to supply the Heroin . I did have some at that time n she knew it but we had made plans for that inevitable moment .

[video=youtube_share;frCFXsInI4U]http://youtu.be/frCFXsInI4U[/video]

Last edited:
Right I have some quite a amazing news .

My Mrs. WAS Opiate dependent for 31 years .

Yeah the word was is the one in the sentence that is Relevant to this thread.

Great stuff, Brimz - or rather, Mrs Brimz. Nice going. Anyone coming off a 30+ year habit has to be an inspiration to all struggling with "baby habits" (as it were). I've always said anyone can quit gear any time - no matter how big the habit, no matter how long it's existed for - as long as there is a desire to quit and - ideally - some medical back-up. Huge, huge, congrats to Mrs Brimz <3

I've never used lofexidine either but did go the naltrexone route (sort of) for my proper, "final" inpatient detox and don't blame her for fukkin that stuff of cos it's just horrendous. They wanted me to keep taking it daily despite the fact I had to walk out on the fifth day cos I just couldn't bear the side-effects from it. To this day it's the only script I've never cashed. Work of the devil, but it does - theoretically, at least - get the gear residue out your system quicker. Also seems to make you feel like utter crap as a side effect even without gear in your system. Is beyond me how people can cope with implants and stuff but the consultant did say they'd never seen anybody have such bad reaction to the stuff. They wanted me to stay in just so they could see how bad it got. Charming. I chose to bugger off half-clucked and actually didn't have a problem at all once I left.

*shudders at memory of naltrexone*

I've got all the support workers in place i could ever possibly ask for, and them getting desperately frustrtated at my apparent lack of progress over a whole year of just repeating cycles of bingeing and then tapering down only to start off again on some other opiate as soon as ive tapered off one thing or another, and the mixture of 'harsh truths' and more softly soflty approaches of posts on this thread has helped me get off them.

"The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark. It scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark" (Elvis Costello)

I'm definately not going back to any form of pure opis, either hard or soft, (except perhaps for any wild poppies that might be growing in secret locations, but these crops if they are successful will be very limited and self limiting) and it seems that even kratom usage has a tendency to run away with itself, so that even knowing that it is possible to stop relatively easily if you dont leave it too long, and that it only takes a few days to start feeling physically and mentally ok, it doesnt seem that 'chipping' or recreational use is a viable option atm.

Last edited:
I am currently taking 20-60mgs of oxy each day for pain relief. But recently my dose is going up, I know that I couldn't do with out it completely is there anything that I could try taking with it to keep my dose as low as possible? Kratom maybe? Or would that just give me another thing to worry about.

Day 3 without opiates. Words don't do justice as to how disgusting my body feels. Like a slimy prison. Eugh.

Are you trying to come off poppy seed tea again ? If you find it too difficult again this time, it might be worth switching to an opi that doesnt have such prolonged w/ds. If the seeds are anything like the pods then the physical W/Ds alone can last a month. I just cannot even imagine enduring that. I would hesitate to recommend you trying to get the doctors to refer you to a clinic to try to get you on a bupe script and taper, but it might be worth trying that if its too difficult otherwise. The problem with bupe is that you can end up stuck on it for many months or even years, if you consider that to be a problem.

I just broke down crying at The Very Hungry Caterpillar and if that doesn't sum up the psychological aspect of quitting opioids I don't know what does.

Ha! I've been doing similar all week. Anything even remotely emotionally touching has me welling up. Not just bad stuff, mind, also just shy of sobbing when they announced discovery of gravity waves t'other day. Really does bring emotion front and centre in a very big way does opi w/d.

Hope it's not going too horribly for ya, Sprout <3

The dark humour in it is making it much better, actually. This kick is actually much easier than I thought, though I have been cutting my use down even if I haven't kicked fully. :)

I have a lab practical later using fox skulls so that should be fun emotionally. ;)

Just bear in mind the skull you will be working with came from this fox. This exact fox. Who died for you.

NSFW:
small-fox-in-snow.jpg

I agree that a good approach to w/d is to laugh in the face of it. The bleak but accepting kinda laughter. Does help to have a suitably dark sense of humour at such times. Glad it's going easier than expected - always a bonus :)

Update: t'was Tarantulas today, not foxes, but cheers for that image Shammy, it helped. ;)

Day 6: WD has kicked itself up a gear, ain't a pretty sight being a ball of body fluids! ;)

If you smoke cigs or ecigs i found that stopping that helped enormously with the physical side of things. I think you are allready weakened / suffering to some extent during WDs and the last thing your body needs is poisoning by nicotine on top of that. It's quite staggering the difference it makes to your physical resilience and energy and wellbeing. Im so annoyed with myself that i struggle to stay stopped off nicotine, ive stopped again today, and have so much more physical energy. Its just sheer stupidity why i keep going back to it when i feel miles better without it. Statistically non smokers or people who have given up are more likely to be successful in quitting opis. I dont know the exact reasons why it is the case for everyone the scientists studied, but suspect it might be something to do with what ive said above.

MDB you can do this ok. I'm sorry I had a go at you yesterday - I was being hypocritical. What I'm trying to say is no matter how many times you fall we will capture you n help you back up on your journey. You have support here. It's going to be hard but you can do it. And I'll reduce. I do use 8 mg sometimes so I can stock pile some of the other subs.

I've got flu at mo n my eyes n hands are hurting when I write this n it's remind me of withdrawals - but without the emotions. Also my daughters not well too.

But i wanted to say that you do this, n give you a bit of support xxxx