• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam&ella said:
One point that fascinates me: The chemical structure of Immodium and Lomotil are very very similar. Diphenoxylate (Lomotil) is a very potent opioid.

http://www.chemspider.com/Search.aspx

http://www.chemspider.com/Search.aspx

Those links are to the exact same page, btw. You should have figured that out when you were posting them.

Loperamide is a potent opioid too. More potent than diphenoxylate, and equal to heroin.

However, the reason loperamide is useless has nothing to do with lipophillicity, but rather because it's a pgp substrate.

When i get diarrhea immodium gives me all sorts of relief.. and euphoria from not running to the toilet!

Ham-milton said:
Those links are to the exact same page, btw. You should have figured that out when you were posting them.

Loperamide is a potent opioid too. More potent than diphenoxylate, and equal to heroin.

However, the reason loperamide is useless has nothing to do with lipophillicity, but rather because it's a pgp substrate.

Oops, sucks being human, doesn't it, milt? Edit accomplished.

Ham-milton said:

Is that a more accurate way of describing the inability of loperamide to cross the BBB?

garuda said:
I have found when someone claims to get high off something they are almost 100% telling the truth, barring if someone is selling the bunk drugs in question.

so what about the whole Jenkem bullshit?

u guys forget one thing...
I think we have all the scientifical yadayada stuff that loperamide can't get you high. Allright guys, we got it!
According to science though, a bumblebee shouldn't be able to support it's own weight with it's tiny wings in order to get airborn, yet it does.

What i am trying to say is that science is not the only way to prove or disprove anything. It might not always be correct. In the end, experience is what counts.

All you guys are simply preaching that it won't work, instead of trying to find some concepts that would make it possible, like the whole quinine or nanoparticles thing. But you guys are disregarding any options.

As long as there are people claiming to get high from it, both sides won't know the answer, and it will be a neverending discussion without a point :(

Fact is, opiates are extremly safe on the body when it comes to damage done by them.
There are scenarios such as OD's that you need to watch out for, and addiction of course. But it won't wreck your liver, damage your lungs or make your legs turn blue. It is extremly gentle on the body, so i don't see the problem with ingesting 100mgs loperamide.

For example, my doc perscribed me 15mgs codeine for diarrhea once.
You can take doses as high as 400mgs without dying or having problems. and that is ~25 times the reccomended dose. 100mgs of Loperamide would be about 50 - 25 times the recommended dose. (2 - 4mgs). So i don't see why it would pose any "out of the blue, completley unexpected" threat.

And the whole "u won't shit for months lol" thing is bullshit as well. Learn something about halflife. It has an average half-life of about 10 hours. So you take 100mgs. It would take about 2 days untill there is less than 2 mgs of it left in your body. Learn2halflife correctly pls.

Last edited:
garuda: I've heard people talk about how they've gotten high from snorting Lexapro and other people say they were nodding from Tylenol. So they were telling the truth? Fuck this whole Immodium thing yall, just get some Lexapro and Tylenol since it's nearly 100% true.

did i make it in time.....just got back from walgreens with a big bottle of these bitches IMA BE SOOOOOOOOOO HIGH hehehe

who wants to watch?!2/!?212?!!?

MemphisX3 I'm back for the evening and it would be very entertaining if you posted the effects online, and yeah I'll watch!

Would not Le Chatelier's Principle apply here? You take enough loperamide, and eventually, with a high dose, some will cross the BBB and get ya high? Or does Chatelier's only apply to balancing rxns, not the BBB thing?

psychedelicious said:
Would not Le Chatelier's Principle apply here? You take enough loperamide, and eventually, with a high dose, some will cross the BBB and get ya high? Or does Chatelier's only apply to balancing rxns, not the BBB thing?

or the laws of thermodynamics regarding entropy 8)

You know, the more loperamide you fill in your body, the more likely it will get that one loperamide mollecule pops over there just by chance :\

Unfortunatley, that is not how it works,:\

I figured not. Just remembered about Le Chatelier's as I browsed this thread. I wonder how certain people get high off it then?

there are rare cases of people with a not completley closed BBB, or people use other means of getting it around the BBB like quinine or a nanoparticle coating.

Don't know if any of that works.

i suppose a pneumatic drill and a 1/2" bit would to the job in making your brain more acessible

memphis10 maybe I should try these pills - they seem to be affecting you quite a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.